Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Duty on Corolla

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    abidsalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Duty on Corolla

    Hi. I booked my Corolla Xli before 3rd December however the delivery is expected in January 2016. Will the 1% tax be imposed on me as well? There is a news in the Express newspaper which states that for cars booked before 3rd December, Toyota will bear the additional cost however the as per the documents issued by Toyota Indus, the price at the time of delivery will be charged. Please guide. Regards.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abidsalar View Post
    Hi. I booked my Corolla Xli before 3rd December however the delivery is expected in January 2016. Will the 1% tax be imposed on me as well? There is a news in the Express newspaper which states that for cars booked before 3rd December, Toyota will bear the additional cost however the as per the documents issued by Toyota Indus, the price at the time of delivery will be charged. Please guide. Regards.
    Better call IMC helpline to confirm about this: 0800 111 23

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    stonedsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,450
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Could anyone authenticate this ?
    !

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    abidsalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    IMC is saying that I will have to pay the additional 15k. However, as per the attached newspaper clipping, IMC should be responsible for this increase in price and should bear it.Duty on Corolla -1642285

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abidsalar View Post
    IMC is saying that I will have to pay the additional 15k. However, as per the attached newspaper clipping, IMC should be responsible for this increase in price and should bear it.Duty on Corolla -1642285
    I also read about it yesterday, but it seems any car delivery (not car booking) made after 3rd December 2015 would entail this price increase.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    stonedsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,450
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    I asked toyota indus .... they said 1% applied to all cars invoice after 3rd dec .... enjoy
    !

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    sajidahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    672
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Invoiced after 3rd dec. and booked after 3rd dec. both are diffrent things. Booking is done at dealership and invoiced is done at IMC months after booking (depends on delivery time)

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    abidsalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I asked IMC and they said I will have to pay the additional 1%. My booking date was in October 2015 and delivery is in January 2016 so I made a Pay Order for the additional amount and went to the dealer however they informed me that all cars booked prior to 3rd December are exempt so they will cancel the Pay Order and the amount will be refunded.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohummed.ahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abidsalar View Post
    I asked IMC and they said I will have to pay the additional 1%. My booking date was in October 2015 and delivery is in January 2016 so I made a Pay Order for the additional amount and went to the dealer however they informed me that all cars booked prior to 3rd December are exempt so they will cancel the Pay Order and the amount will be refunded.
    IMC's helpline is really pathetic. They sent me an SMS on my cell that my Altis 1.6 was ready for delivery, one week after I took delivery of the same from showroom. So, one can judge the pace of how updated their information tends to be.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •