0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota altis brand new or camry 2007

Hi there, iam caught in a situation where i have to decide between jdm and local made cars. This purshase solely will be for family as recently our toyota SE limited edition has given up. We wont bother for resale as we aim to keep the car for long term atleast say 3 to 5 years. I fairly like brand new altis,which can serve us for a long term and we will be saved from past history or maintainenes issues in case of new car. But the point which annoys me is i heard altis is unstable above 110kmp. Iam unsure whether its related with tyres or suspension but This fact is mentioned in pakwheels official video review and many other reviews confirm the specific problem as well.
    If i go for jdm used car then why wasting 2 plus million on a such a car? Is it worth to buy a 2007 premio or camry or even mercedez c class?. Doesnot matter how good the manufacturer is , but still it is 8 years old and hence cannot be comparable with brand new car. Am i right? Say after couple years 2007 models will be considered outdated and henxe the technilogy too. By no mean iam comparing among brands so please dont be offended. Iam not looking for honda as i already have it and the new purchase will be used in rural areas and honda suspension is not that ideal in this case. Test driving all desired cars will make my provlem solved to the certain extend i agree but my point of concern is what i stated above.
    So lets make it straight, should i go for camry 2007, mercedez bens c class 2007 or altis 2015?
    Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for an Altis eyes closed
    I've replied to your other post on the 11th Gen Corolla thread regarding the wobbling

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    Go for an Altis eyes closed
    I've replied to your other post on the 11th Gen Corolla thread regarding the wobbling

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Thanks. but can you provide any strong reason to support altis ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saqib198443 View Post
    Altis would be a brand new car, thus no trips to the mechanic.....only general maintenance is required.....oil changes and the occasional gear box oil change after regular intervals

While Camry and Premio are used cars....you are not sure how they have been driven and maintained.....plus most of them would have their meters reversed....but then again, they are much more comfortable than Altis and would have less cabin noise.....also you would enjoy the drive more.....also regarding C class...you need to make sure the car has been maintained properly, otherwise it would just be a money pit....its not a Japanese car that you can get away with not following proper maintenance procedures

Rest it comes to you for final decision.....if you want to get a trouble free and brand new car that you will be able to dispose of easily....get an Altis.....if you want a car that would give you driving pleasure and also keep outside noise to a minimum, and if you are not too much concerned about how the car sells....get a Camry or premio or c class
    we ride together......we die together.......BAD BOYS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for new one man - and its Altis.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since its a family car, cut out the c class, it has non existent rear leg space. As for camry and Premio, Camry is ancient technology and its spares are less available and also expensive. You may find many decent cars but thats cause they are sparingly used, it can't take the beatings of a rough road.
    It comes down to Premio and Altis, If its grande that you are considering then go for it hands down. If its the lower model ones, then one can debate. State a budget please, potential usage, amount of average passengers etc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when you mention it will be used in meeting rural areas that automatically cuts everything else out in your list except premio and altis. Camry has appalling ground clearance and Mercedes though technically a way better car has a even more complicated suspension than civic with chances that it may not have been maintained so not suited for rural areas either and it has lower ground clearance than civic. so now between premio and altis, i fidnthe premio dull, new altis is big enough plus its new so that should be it as far specifically suited to your needs especially rural areas.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brand new
    has Warranty
    less costly maintenance
    Fuel efficient
    parts are readily available and arent that expensive
    peace of mind
    and its tailored according to our needs
    Though a Premio would be better built but it will be a used car
    same is the case with a Merc or Camry

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Since its a family car, cut out the c class, it has non existent rear leg space. As for camry and Premio, Camry is ancient technology and its spares are less available and also expensive. You may find many decent cars but thats cause they are sparingly used, it can't take the beatings of a rough road.
    It comes down to Premio and Altis, If its grande that you are considering then go for it hands down. If its the lower model ones, then one can debate. State a budget please, potential usage, amount of average passengers etc
    Thanks for the reply. So you mean mercedez c class has not got enough leg space ? My budget is around 3.5 million and 6 passengers will be using it. Although we are a big family and one sedan cannot fit our needs, and this is why i was thinking about importing Toyota Prius 7 seater from uk but i avoided because i heard it is sluggish and also battery replacement is expensive. Most of the time we do intra city drive like short trips with in a city but the roads are not that good as big cities. occasionally we do intercity driving as well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarsaryar View Post
    Altis would be a brand new car, thus no trips to the mechanic.....only general maintenance is required.....oil changes and the occasional gear box oil change after regular intervals

While Camry and Premio are used cars....you are not sure how they have been driven and maintained.....plus most of them would have their meters reversed....but then again, they are much more comfortable than Altis and would have less cabin noise.....also you would enjoy the drive more.....also regarding C class...you need to make sure the car has been maintained properly, otherwise it would just be a money pit....its not a Japanese car that you can get away with not following proper maintenance procedures

Rest it comes to you for final decision.....if you want to get a trouble free and brand new car that you will be able to dispose of easily....get an Altis.....if you want a car that would give you driving pleasure and also keep outside noise to a minimum, and if you are not too much concerned about how the car sells....get a Camry or premio or c class
    Thanks, well explained. Can you also advise in case of mercedez , how can i be sure about past history or maintenance? Unfortunately iam not that mechanically sound, i mean i am on just average when it comes to car inspection and iam afraid , i wont be able to spot major accidental damaged cars. So if the car has been well maintained from " shahnawaz" and it has got all receipts and works , so can i trust and go ahead with purchase or still i need to make some other inspection? Literally it is impossible for majority of people to spot minor issues so how to cope up this situation ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    when you mention it will be used in meeting rural areas that automatically cuts everything else out in your list except premio and altis. Camry has appalling ground clearance and Mercedes though technically a way better car has a even more complicated suspension than civic with chances that it may not have been maintained so not suited for rural areas either and it has lower ground clearance than civic. so now between premio and altis, i fidnthe premio dull, new altis is big enough plus its new so that should be it as far specifically suited to your needs especially rural areas.
    yeh, you are right. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    Brand new
    has Warranty
    less costly maintenance
    Fuel efficient
    parts are readily available and arent that expensive
    peace of mind
    and its tailored according to our needs
    Though a Premio would be better built but it will be a used car
    same is the case with a Merc or Camry
    hmm, sounds reasonable. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks, well explained. Can you also advise in case of mercedez , how can i be sure about past history or maintenance? Unfortunately iam not that mechanically sound, i mean i am on just average when it comes to car inspection and iam afraid , i wont be able to spot major accidental damaged cars. So if the car has been well maintained from " shahnawaz" and it has got all receipts and works , so can i trust and go ahead with purchase or still i need to make some other inspection? Literally it is impossible for majority of people to spot minor issues so how to cope up this situation ?
    No problem bro...regarding mercedes....I guess the C class that comes in this budget is W203 (2001-2007).....I owned one in Australia, it was a 2003 (pre-facelift) C200....according to the reviews I read, people suggested to prefer facelifted as compared to pre-facelift model as the pre-facelifted model had some mechanical issues as it was a new model..those issues were resolved with the facelifted model.....the one I bought had 97K kms and all Mercedes maintained, bought it for 9500$, facelifted were around 15K$....so my budget was enough for a pre-facelifted model otherwise I would have gone for a facelifted model.....I changed my cars fairly regularly so I only kept it for a month...the drive was great, but then again the car is a bit cramped for space at the rear....have not had any experiance of owning one in Pakistan so cant help you out there as I guess it is a tyring process searching for a well maintained car within budget... @arzaam.bhatti would be able to help you out here as he owns a very clean W203 and has an extensive thread in this forum regarding it..........from experiance I can tell you, check all the receipts for the work, dates when it is done, log book if maintained, independent inspection from someone who knows about Mercedes(u will find a lot of "so called" Mercedes experts here but talking about a real expert)....have a thorough read as to when major maintenance's are required and how much would they cost....what kind of major maintenance's are required in the foreseeable future......any body damage can be checked by someone.....and if you plan to buy a C class.....keep in mind you might have to spend a couple of hundred thousand on the car within a few months of ownership
    we ride together......we die together.......BAD BOYS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the reply. So you mean mercedez c class has not got enough leg space ? My budget is around 3.5 million and 6 passengers will be using it. Although we are a big family and one sedan cannot fit our needs, and this is why i was thinking about importing Toyota Prius 7 seater from uk but i avoided because i heard it is sluggish and also battery replacement is expensive. Most of the time we do intra city drive like short trips with in a city but the roads are not that good as big cities. occasionally we do intercity driving as well.
    Why not a land cruiser or a prado then? Or a pajero

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont think 7 seater Prius alpha is sluggish, u can get advice from @umarmuslim, he use it as a family car...
    Keep Faith in Allah...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Why not a land cruiser or a prado then? Or a pajero
    Certainly, i would have gone for land cruiser or prado but these come slightly beyond my budget and i dnt fancy spending 3.5 million on prado 2003 or landcruiser 1999.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrUsmanNawaz View Post
    I dont think 7 seater Prius alpha is sluggish, u can get advice from @umarmuslim, he use it as a family car...
    Okay, lets put aside "slughish" issue. Again battery replacemnt is expensive and rumors are also everywhere that particular car has got very low ground clearance bt thanks alot for your suggestions and tagging a concerned person , maybe he can help

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Certainly, i would have gone for land cruiser or prado but these come slightly beyond my budget and i dnt fancy spending 3.5 million on prado 2003 or landcruiser 1999.
    These are as reliable as they come. You may probably find vehicles in great nick. Since people usually don't use them and have them as a show piece. Currently there is a 2005 pajero in isb with 61k on the odo, good as new. Best vehicle for 6 people is the pajero

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay, lets put aside "slughish" issue. Again battery replacemnt is expensive and rumors are also everywhere that particular car has got very low ground clearance bt thanks alot for your suggestions and tagging a concerned person , maybe he can help

Battery price for toyota hybrids is only 70-80k, that is not much... That also after 2-3lac kms...
    Keep Faith in Allah...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrUsmanNawaz View Post
    Battery price for toyota hybrids is only 70-80k, that is not much... That also after 2-3lac kms...
    Oh but i heard its 4 to 5 lac?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List