Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: GLi 2010 - Long self starting

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    bkdurrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default GLi 2010 - Long self starting

    Solution
    My car takes long time to start, not half crank self starting. I have installed new original toyota spark plugs, fuel filter, new battery, oil and oil filter plus throttle body service. Can anyone let me know what can be the probable reason for this long self starting?


  2. #41
    PakWheeler Follow
    bkdurrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ok thank you.
    a man treats his car the way he treats him self

  3. #42
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    haseeb.basharat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,636
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Don't change the fuel pump.
    It will cost you a fortune.
    Change a fuel filter in the fuel pump+ a filteration gauze with it. It will cost you around 1500rs.and a good mechanic will charge you around 200-300rs. for it.
    Toyota motors will ask you to change the fuel assembly after every 80,000km, but this is a cheat for the fuel pump.
    Ps: my 2nzfe is running on genuine oem fuel assembly after 200,000km. Just have it changed after every 50,000km.
    Enjoy

  4. #43
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkdurrani View Post
    @Xulfiqar. I went to Toyota workshop last saturday to seek the answer of your first question. They did a number of experiments. They started the car for a minute and then switched it off for an hour or so. Then again they started and the car started in a reasonable time on first self but not half self. Today they checked the coils while the engine was in idle running condition. They took out coils one by one and touched the coils with the engine outer head to check for any spark leakage. Leakage found in all coils. Now, I am not sure and even they are not sure if we replace the old coils with the new ones, what will be the outcome? Fingers crossed!
    Is this what they really did? or are you trying to really oversimplify it? - you write they started car and then left for an hour then restarted it - Dont they own a fuel pressure tester?

    Testing an ignition coil in this setup is not a leak check - its an amp pull check with a good scope setup, You sure you visited a toyota showroom?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  5. #44
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    But how would engine start then I mean over lapping cam won't let compression built up in cylinder
    the actuator can snap back to zero timing when the engine is cranked as there is no oil pressure to hold it. If the locking pin in the actuator has galled the cover then it can hang and not return back to zero timing.. problems start.

    Usually when the engine is shut off - its idling at 750 rpm at no load, the actuator should be at zero point, but if its sticky the timing can be slightly out of sync, If it goes really out of sync the ECU will pop the TDC error code.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  6. #45
    PakWheeler Follow
    bkdurrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Kindly simplify the solution
    a man treats his car the way he treats him self

  7. #46
    PakWheeler Follow
    bkdurrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If Toyota is asking for changing the assembly after 80k , then why should we change it after 50k? From where can I get the complete assembly in Rs.1500?
    a man treats his car the way he treats him self

  8. #47
    PakWheeler Follow
    bkdurrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    They do have the fuel pressure tester with whom they tested the pressure which turned out to 3.5 which they said is ok.
    a man treats his car the way he treats him self

  9. #48
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkdurrani View Post
    @Xulfiqar. I went to Toyota workshop last saturday to seek the answer of your first question. They did a number of experiments. They started the car for a minute and then switched it off for an hour or so. Then again they started and the car started in a reasonable time on first self but not half self. Today they checked the coils while the engine was in idle running condition. They took out coils one by one and touched the coils with the engine outer head to check for any spark leakage. Leakage found in all coils. Now, I am not sure and even they are not sure if we replace the old coils with the new ones, what will be the outcome? Fingers crossed!
    From what point coils are leaking ? Plug boot?

  10. #49
    PakWheeler Follow
    bkdurrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @saboor73. Near the tip of the coils or you may say the neck of the coils.
    a man treats his car the way he treats him self

  11. #50
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkdurrani View Post
    They do have the fuel pressure tester with whom they tested the pressure which turned out to 3.5 which they said is ok.
    yes - 3.5 bar is acceptable pressure for your engine, how long does it hold?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  12. #51
    PakWheeler Follow
    bkdurrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Pressure release valve was checked with a gap of 2 hours to check how much pressure drops. After 2 hours it drop to 2.1 ---- They said that pressure was acceptable for car to start but again it too time to start. Today I got my fuel filter assembly tested by replacing it with another one which was believed to be in working condition; but again same result. Moreover. tappets adjustment was also verified for any faults but that was perfect. Now two final checks to go; fuel injectors and ECU.
    a man treats his car the way he treats him self

  13. #52
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkdurrani View Post
    Pressure release valve was checked with a gap of 2 hours to check how much pressure drops. After 2 hours it drop to 2.1 ---- They said that pressure was acceptable for car to start but again it too time to start. Today I got my fuel filter assembly tested by replacing it with another one which was believed to be in working condition; but again same result. Moreover. tappets adjustment was also verified for any faults but that was perfect. Now two final checks to go; fuel injectors and ECU.
    I have dealt with such issues in corollas here in USA and almost all of them had their intake manifold gasket leaking, this leads to the MAF reading low. ideally you should be reading 1 gram/sec for every litre of engine size. Test its response time too - upon snapping open the throttle you should be seeing immediate spike in air volume at the MAF.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  14. #53
    PakWheeler Follow
    bkdurrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    How much fuel pressure is acceptable to be dropped once the car has been switched off?
    a man treats his car the way he treats him self

  15. #54
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haseeb.basharat View Post
    Don't change the fuel pump.
    It will cost you a fortune.
    Change a fuel filter in the fuel pump+ a filteration gauze with it. It will cost you around 1500rs.and a good mechanic will charge you around 200-300rs. for it.
    Toyota motors will ask you to change the fuel assembly after every 80,000km, but this is a cheat for the fuel pump.
    Ps: my 2nzfe is running on genuine oem fuel assembly after 200,000km. Just have it changed after every 50,000km.
    Enjoy
    When u had ur first gear oil change in ur corolla? I mean odo

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  16. #55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkdurrani View Post
    How much fuel pressure is acceptable to be dropped once the car has been switched off?
    it should hold atleast 2.8 bar for 30 minutes.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  17. #56
    PakWheeler Follow
    bkdurrani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I see... But what is the minimum fuel pressure required to start the engine after a considerable time has elapsed?
    a man treats his car the way he treats him self

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •