42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Best engine oil for Toyota Corolla Altis Grande

I have booked a new Corolla altis grande cvt. I want to know that which oil should I be putting in for the first time. I want to use mobil-1 5w-50 this time, but I need expert advice on it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb.basharat View Post
    Poured 5w50 fully synthetic toyota taglon oil today and I must say, engine is way smoother and less noisy now. It will definitely give me better fuel consumption now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you please share the milage now with Taglon 5W50?

Plz re-share the oil being used by you till now in your car?

Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bridgedoctorali View Post
    Can you please share the milage now with Taglon 5W50?

Plz re-share the oil being used by you till now in your car?

Regards
    Driven it 50kms only on taglon. Will share the figures soon.

I changed oil at 2500km to toyota petron plus 10w30 SM. i wanted to keep my car on mineral oil so I made a wise decision. At 15000km I have changed to Toyota Taglon 5w50 SN fully synthetic one. After 50kms of driving I'm loving it. Smooth acceleration, less engine noise and all good things.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In Toyota Canada, Japan, Korea l, Australia and USA. I can't see recommended oil increasing 10w-30 figure.
    It's a new engine from toyota, and i'm also worried about that 50 figure.
    Taglon is by far the worst copy of mobil 1 ever made by Toyota. I have used all the models of corolla after indus, and I have driven all of them for like 200,000 kilometers
    I don't really trust Toyota oils.
    So, what should I chose? I drive a lot, and by that I mean a lot.
    How about liqui moly synthetics, or total synthetics?
    All I want is the engine should breath instead of sneeze.
    Haseeb Sahib!
    Flash from the past

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    yes the synthetic oils are not made from natural crude oil , they give better perfromance in terms of stability of viscosity , and are targeted at high drain intervals.
    But still during making of synthetic oil 5w-40 will be a thinner oil than 5w-50.
    5w-50 is targeted towards the high performance cars , sports cars, F1 cars etc .
    so 5w-30 and 5w-40 will be good for daily driven cars like ours. Grande , corolla etc

In my experience i use 5w-40 in my 1300cc gli and it feels heavier in drive and i get milage of 13kmpl with stock tyres and alloys , than the people using 5w-30 in their car. its the difference in thickness which created the difference in viscosity grade.

The best brand of oil i have used in Pakistan is liqui moly but every body has their own preferences.
    thicker oil like 50 at end may have their disadvantages if you are using them in a daily driven car , which is Engine will use more power because of thick oil and the milage of the car will decrease.

5w-50 is recommended for Sports car and Track cars. there is absolutely no need for using it in a family car like Corolla. I have made a mistake once by using in gli .

Some references from where i read :
    Oil types, ratings, viscosity, choosing good oil
    Oil Specifications Explained - What does 10w40 mean?
    Synthetic vs Regular Motor Oil: A Sun Valley Automotive Terry's Tip
    Oil Labelling Explained - TechWiki

(NOT THAT I AM IMPLYING I AM RIGHT BUT SHARING WHAT I UNDERSTAND AND UP FOR LEARNING MORE)
    Makhdoom Sahib. Came across your spot. Looks that if I wrote it
    Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bridgedoctorali
    Yes sir, from past when I didn't have experience with these oils, but there were some senior people who were guiding us all wrong and we went for experimentations. In the end, all we got was noisy engine, rattling engine at cold start, roary acceleration; Moreover my fuel economy on motorway decreased from 16.7km/l to 15.3km/l at 120 cruise on.
    Oil was burning in June/July. Why go for these advices when you are facing issues in real. Our enviornment and summer heat and fluctuations of temperature can't take it.

I thought taglon was a copy of Mobil 1, but after some research came to know that it's the same oil as mobil 1 5w50 and Toyota is repackaging it by themselves and giving the name of taglon, and their supplier is Mobil Askari Limited Pakistan.
    There are people here who says, beemer should get 10w60 but Toyota should get 5w30,
    Like seriously? One can screw the engine and enviornment and stick to their advice. That would be real bad. Well, we experimented a lot like 15000kms that maybe something good will come, but all is good after shifting on Taglon. Was checking on highway last night and it's giving 17-18km/l on 100km/h cruise on.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In the end after brief experimentations from Lahore to Babusar top, and from islamabad to rahimyarkhan on our cars, that includes me and @makhdoom123
    Best oil for Altis grande are liquimoly 5w40 fully synthetic if you don't wanna keep warranty, but if you wanna keep warranty than Toyota taglon 5w50 fully synthetic.
    First engine oil should be at first 3-5k kms on your odo.
    Choice is yours, but these have been tested and are the best choice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bridgedoctorali
    Yes sir, from past when I didn't have experience with these oils, but there were some senior people who were guiding us all wrong and we went for experimentations. In the end, all we got was noisy engine, rattling engine at cold start, roary acceleration; Moreover my fuel economy on motorway decreased from 16.7km/l to 15.3km/l at 120 cruise on.
    Oil was burning in June/July. Why go for these advices when you are facing issues in real. Our enviornment and summer heat and fluctuations of temperature can't take it.

I thought taglon was a copy of Mobil 1, but after some research came to know that it's the same oil as mobil 1 5w50 and Toyota is repackaging it by themselves and giving the name of taglon, and their supplier is Mobil Askari Limited Pakistan.
    There are people here who says, beemer should get 10w60 but Toyota should get 5w30,
    Like seriously? One can screw the engine and enviornment and stick to their advice. That would be real bad. Well, we experimented a lot like 15000kms that maybe something good will come, but all is good after shifting on Taglon. Was checking on highway last night and it's giving 17-18km/l on 100km/h cruise on.

Thnx for elaboration. My small car JDM i.e. Daihatsu Mira 2012; 660CC; I am using 5W-30. But somehow I feel rattle most likely of valves especially at start up! Later it goes away. It was not there before. In local nowadays when temp is around 20-30 C; I am getting avg of 20.0 km/lit. What do you suggest?
    Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx for elaboration. My small car JDM i.e. Daihatsu Mira 2012; 660CC; I am using 5W-30. But somehow I feel rattle most likely of valves especially at start up! Later it goes away. It was not there before. In local nowadays when temp is around 20-30 C; I am getting avg of 20.0 km/lit. What do you suggest?
    Regards
    Liqui moly 5w40 fully synthetic is great oil. Smaller engines bear more load as compare to bigger ones. @makhdoom123 can give you better suggestion as he knows about oils more than me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which oil brand you are using?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which oil brand you are using?

Hmm little contrary to my habit of sticking to one. First poured Toyota 5W-30 API SN of tin packing. Next oil change at 5K the car was on bay with oil drained out and 3S brought Tagalong which I refused to put. In emergency had to buy from market Shell 5W30. Next 5K it was PSO's 5W-30 API SN Carrient - which has one advantage of confirming it my sending the scratch code on cell to get confirmation. My Gen Set uses the same 5W30 so had a pack of it to use. Still one 8 lit in my personal inventory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmm little contrary to my habit of sticking to one. First poured Toyota 5W-30 API SN of tin packing. Next oil change at 5K the car was on bay with oil drained out and 3S brought Tagalong which I refused to put. In emergency had to buy from market Shell 5W30. Next 5K it was PSO's 5W-30 API SN Carrient - which has one advantage of confirming it my sending the scratch code on cell to get confirmation. My Gen Set uses the same 5W30 so had a pack of it to use. Still one 8 lit in my personal inventory.
    Continous hopping of engine oil isn't recommended sir.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Continous hopping of engine oil isn't recommended sir.

agreed!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bridgedoctorali

So you want to try Castrol 10W60 in your corolla? Does your car make 331kW @8300? That engine bay burns like hell, not cool like toyota's 2ZR 103kW @6000

Engine oils are specced according to engines by manufacturers.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed2396 View Post
    So you want to try Castrol 10W60 in your corolla? Does your car make 331kW @8300? That engine bay burns like hell, not cool like toyota's 2ZR 103kW @6000

Engine oils are specced according to engines by manufacturers.
    Bro, I wasn't talking about you. Scroll back to initial pages you'll get an idea. No need for sarcasm. I'm happy with 5w50

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have booked a new Corolla altis grande cvt. I want to know that which oil should I be putting in for the first time. I want to use mobil-1 5w-50 this time, but I need expert advice on it.
    Anything above 5w30 is sheer stupidity for a new car such as yours. I would not touch that taglon with a stick or even given free, It is ABSOLUTELY THE WRONG OIL GRADE FOR ANY COROLLA OF CURRENT GENERATION. Recommended engine oil at max for the 2zr fe is 10w30 and thats as high as it goes, avoid liqui moly as it's low viscosity variants that fall under special tec AA are not fully synthetic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Poured 5w50 fully synthetic toyota taglon oil today and I must say, engine is way smoother and less noisy now. It will definitely give me better fuel consumption now.

Sab perception hai of the money you have spent and that toyota logo....that engine runs smoother with lower viscosity oil you perceiving it running smoother with a 5w50 is khud ko dhoka daynay wali baat simply because your engine is working harder now with a oil it was never meant to take! Oh and congrats on the lower fuel economy!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by deltree View Post
    Anything above 5w30 is sheer stupidity for a new car such as yours. I would not touch that taglon with a stick or even given free, It is ABSOLUTELY THE WRONG OIL GRADE FOR ANY COROLLA OF CURRENT GENERATION. Recommended engine oil at max for the 2zr fe is 10w30 and thats as high as it goes, avoid liqui moly as it's low viscosity variants that fall under special tec AA are not fully synthetic.
    Brother do you even know what you're talking? Please don't eventouch it, and rather go for overhaul of engine at 100,000km. I know where you are getting your oil recommendations and that is mywikimotors. That recommendation is for USA. It's a sheer stupidity when you don't follow owner's manual and try to be a champ at pakwheels. Go and check the owner's manual than you can argue with me about oil recommendations.
    Also, I recommended liqui moly fully synthetic 5w40 not special tech AA you're referring to.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sab perception hai of the money you have spent and that toyota logo....that engine runs smoother with lower viscosity oil you perceiving it running smoother with a 5w50 is khud ko dhoka daynay wali baat simply because your engine is working harder now with a oil it was never meant to take! Oh and congrats on the lower fuel economy!
    Fyi: fuel consumption of my car is getting better.
    Also, please don't comment if you don't even have an idea about your situation here.

Listen now: if engine would be working hard than my acceleration won't be better, engine noises won't be lesser and fuel economy won't be better, but no you gotta come here make some post here and comment about each and everything that you don't even know about and be a superior alpha cherry male. No mate, that ain't happening on my thread. Please take your intellectual ability to somewhere else as you haven't even read the whole thread and commenting your yabba dabba.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So called 5w30 failed in my corolla after 3k kms when used at high rpms.

Making statements without even experiencing is what i call sheer stupidity
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would ask all of the members on this thread to please dont go on the words of your booklet or people who dont even own **** and comment about oil you should use in your car.

Prefer the person who has experience. Who is usinh oils in his car.

I have been driving my grande on 5w30 oil and now i have shifter to 5w40 and i have experienced sudden improvement in performance.

This is experience and this is what theory says you should be using high grade oils in hot weather like that in pakistan.

Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

User Tag List