42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Best engine oil for Toyota Corolla Altis Grande

I have booked a new Corolla altis grande cvt. I want to know that which oil should I be putting in for the first time. I want to use mobil-1 5w-50 this time, but I need expert advice on it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nope bro, people gonna google. Use internet in their cellphone and come up with a theory of 50 wala mota oil hai, 30 wala patla oil hai. New engine needs patla oil and old engine needs mota oil. Like seriously?
    There is a difference between amb and ambi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    So called 5w30 failed in my corolla after 3k kms when used at high rpms.

Making statements without even experiencing is what i call sheer stupidity
    Did it turn into sludge? were you using fully synthetic and if yes which one? did you get it lab tested to know it failed? You are not calling me ignorant you are calling the manufacturer ignorant for suggesting those viscosity's.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb.basharat View Post
    Fyi: fuel consumption of my car is getting better.
    Also, please don't comment if you don't even have an idea about your situation here.

Listen now: if engine would be working hard than my acceleration won't be better, engine noises won't be lesser and fuel economy won't be better, but no you gotta come here make some post here and comment about each and everything that you don't even know about and be a superior alpha cherry male. No mate, that ain't happening on my thread. Please take your intellectual ability to somewhere else as you haven't even read the whole thread and commenting your yabba dabba.

You keep living in your lala land, go check your user manual and do share a screenshot of what oil is recommended in there. Manufacturers are ignorant usually it's 10w-50 users on a modern engine who are intelligent, happy?

You say acceleration is better I am sure you did GPS verified 0-100 before and after tests
    You say noise is less I am sure you did sound testing to verify that
    Economy is better vs which oil? Have you poured in a fully synthetic 5w30 to know that?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother do you even know what you're talking? Please don't eventouch it, and rather go for overhaul of engine at 100,000km. I know where you are getting your oil recommendations and that is mywikimotors. That recommendation is for USA. It's a sheer stupidity when you don't follow owner's manual and try to be a champ at pakwheels. Go and check the owner's manual than you can argue with me about oil recommendations.
    Also, I recommended liqui moly fully synthetic 5w40 not special tech AA you're referring to.

You need to go and read up on this on bobistheoilguy, you think America does not have a hot places, you think Nevada exists in Karachi? They take 50 states into consideration not the coldest only. Why do you think Toyota sells 5w30 here even though it's shitty mineral oil and at the same time also sell a completely different viscosity while the warranty is not voided on both?

http://www.shell.ae/en_ae/motorists/...-for-cars.html

You think Shell is stupid to sell only up to 40 grade oil for the hottest place on earth when it comes to it's synthetic products, you think Lahore summer this year pawned Dubai's summers?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would ask all of the members on this thread to please dont go on the words of your booklet or people who dont even own **** and comment about oil you should use in your car.

Prefer the person who has experience. Who is usinh oils in his car.

I have been driving my grande on 5w30 oil and now i have shifter to 5w40 and i have experienced sudden improvement in performance.

This is experience and this is what theory says you should be using high grade oils in hot weather like that in pakistan.

+1.

i have used below mentioned viscosities (from top brands) over extended period of time to reach to my recommendation of 5w-40 or 5w-50.

5W-20 Fully Synthetic
    5w-30 Fully Synthetic
    5W-40 Fully Synthetic
    10W-40 Fully Synthetic
    10W-40 Semi Synthetic
    20W-50 Mineral
    20W-50 Semi Synthetic
    5W-50 Fully Synthetic

5W-50 is the best combination of protection and performance at the same time. Also gives extended milage advantage so actually reduces maintenance. similar is the case with 5w-40.

Important factor to consider in PK is start stop heavy traffic and scorching summers in cars with bigger air conditioning units which has a toll on engine running temperatures. Add to this our usual habit of flooring the cars whenever we have an option.

so 5w-40 and 5w-50 have higher viscosity index as compared to other oils which ensure better lubrication under hotter/aggressive operating conditions.

So where 5w-30 is recommended on the manual of corolla, i think the manual has not been modified by Indus for Pakistan specially so we should upgrade to 5w-40 or 5w-50 viscosity. Also if we go to any 3s they have by default 2 oils available petron that is 20w-50 and taglon 5w-50 both meant for us specifically.

i hope this clarifies. .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by deltree View Post
    You need to go and read up on this on bobistheoilguy, you think America does not have a hot places, you think Nevada exists in Karachi? They take 50 states into consideration not the coldest only. Why do you think Toyota sells 5w30 here even though it's shitty mineral oil and at the same time also sell a completely different viscosity while the warranty is not voided on both?

Shell Helix car engine oils | Shell UAE

You think Shell is stupid to sell only up to 40 grade oil for the hottest place on earth when it comes to it's synthetic products, you think Lahore summer this year pawned Dubai's summers?
    i have used below mentioned viscosities (from top brands) over extended period of time to reach to my recommendation of 5w-40 or 5w-50.

5W-20 Fully Synthetic
    5w-30 Fully Synthetic
    5W-40 Fully Synthetic
    10W-40 Fully Synthetic
    10W-40 Semi Synthetic
    20W-50 Mineral
    20W-50 Semi Synthetic
    5W-50 Fully Synthetic

5W-50 is the best combination of protection and performance at the same time. Also gives extended milage advantage so actually reduces maintenance. similar is the case with 5w-40.

Important factor to consider in PK is start stop heavy traffic and scorching summers in cars with bigger air conditioning units which has a toll on engine running temperatures. Add to this our usual habit of flooring the cars whenever we have an option.

so 5w-40 and 5w-50 have higher viscosity index as compared to other oils which ensure better lubrication under hotter/aggressive operating conditions.

So where 5w-30 is recommended on the manual of corolla, i think the manual has not been modified by Indus for Pakistan specially so we should upgrade to 5w-40 or 5w-50 viscosity. Also if we go to any 3s they have by default 2 oils available petron that is 20w-50 and taglon 5w-50 both meant for us specifically.

i hope this clarifies. Best engine oil for Toyota Corolla Altis Grande - smiley smile.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nope bro, people gonna google. Use internet in their cellphone and come up with a theory of 50 wala mota oil hai, 30 wala patla oil hai. New engine needs patla oil and old engine needs mota oil. Like seriously?
    There is a difference between amb and ambi

5W-20 Fully Synthetic
    5w-30 Fully Synthetic
    5W-40 Fully Synthetic
    10W-40 Fully Synthetic
    10W-40 Semi Synthetic
    20W-50 Mineral
    20W-50 Semi Synthetic
    5W-50 Fully Synthetic

i hope this clarifies. Best engine oil for Toyota Corolla Altis Grande - smiley smile.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by deltree View Post
    You keep living in your lala land, go check your user manual and do share a screenshot of what oil is recommended in there. Manufacturers are ignorant usually it's 10w-50 users on a modern engine who are intelligent, happy?

You say acceleration is better I am sure you did GPS verified 0-100 before and after tests
    You say noise is less I am sure you did sound testing to verify that
    Economy is better vs which oil? Have you poured in a fully synthetic 5w30 to know that?
    Bhai batein tu ap fit krty hain.

Yes i know manufacturer is suggesting 10w30 for this engine in their book.

Toyota indus is marketing taglon 5w50 fully synthetic for grande. Hmm

Better experience before you say me to read booklet. Yes i can read and i can drive and i drive a lot.
    And that is how i know whats best for my car. And how the sound is less and how the economy is better.

Using some fancy words and reading booklets dosnt gives you the experience what i have had with my brand new car.

And yes i thought exactly the same as you when i bouvht the car. But bro experience matters.
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai batein tu ap fit krty hain.

Yes i know manufacturer is suggesting 10w30 for this engine in their book.

Toyota indus is marketing taglon 5w50 fully synthetic for grande. Hmm

Better experience before you say me to read booklet. Yes i can read and i can drive and i drive a lot.
    And that is how i know whats best for my car. And how the sound is less and how the economy is better.

Using some fancy words and reading booklets dosnt gives you the experience what i have had with my brand new car.

And yes i thought exactly the same as you when i bouvht the car. But bro experience matters.
    Chill karo yaar.
    Daalnay do 30 isko, btw toyota indus manual suggests 5w30,10w30 or 20w50

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Differences between
    5w50 fully synthetic taglon and 10w30 mineral Toyota oils that are blended and manufactured by mobil askari limited Karachi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did a little experiment and these are the findings in the video. I hope you guys will get an idea.
    Both videos are working.
    @autophile sir,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good videos.this depicts that taglon 5w-50 has better start up performance since it has more flow ability at normal temperature.However actual test comes under operating temperature of engine and specially under stress and if we look at viscosity index (measure to ensure lubrication) the value taglon has is much higher ensuring better engine performance. .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did a little experiment and these are the findings in the video. I hope you guys will get an idea.
    Both videos are working.
    @autophile sir,

Very nice video depicting the difference between two engine oils. In any scenario synthetics are better than mineral oils due to added detergents and other formulations.

Having said that Petron + is good also and recommended change interval is 5,000 kms

But 3S workshop also change Taglong after 5,000 kms which is beyond understanding because being synthetic it should be good till 7,000 kms
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Both videos are working.
    @autophile sir,

Rather calling them experiments, lets call them simple Physical Observations at room temperature only.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best engine oil for Toyota Corolla Altis Grande -1724482

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Rather calling them experiments, lets call them simple Physical Observations at room temperature only.
    Can say that, but there is a difference in visosities.
    I noticed it when toyota guy was pouring it in the engine. I can conclude that fully synthetics have more ability to cope up with different temperatures as compare to minerals.
    Someone said goodluck for better fuel economy, fyi: Fuel consumption at this moment is 13.4km/l within city with 10% ac only. That's a 1.8cvt-i corolla

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can say that, but there is a difference in visosities.
    I noticed it when toyota guy was pouring it in the engine. I can conclude that fully synthetics have more ability to cope up with different temperatures as compare to minerals.
    Someone said goodluck for better fuel economy, fyi: Fuel consumption at this moment is 13.4km/l within city with 10% ac only. That's a 1.8cvt-i corolla

Well, I would say that actual viscosity is not measurable with just physical observations only. There are instruments to measure like Viscometer.
    But if you dig deeper, then oil test (Kinematic Viscosity) is normally done at 40degree C & at 100degree C.
    Its Flash point and Pour Points are measure at extreme temperatures, values are calculated and then Viscosity Index is derived.

BTW you are getting good fuel average though because your car is new (just 30K driven).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Well, I would say that actual viscosity is not measurable with just physical observations only. There are instruments to measure like Viscometer.
    But if you dig deeper, then oil test (Kinematic Viscosity) is normally done at 40degree C & at 100degree C.
    Its Flash point and Pour Points are measure at extreme temperatures, values are calculated and then Viscosity Index is derived.

BTW you are getting good fuel average though because your car is new (just 30K driven).
    Yep I totally agree
    15 k only bhai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yep I totally agree
    15 k only bhai

15K, i see. somwhere in videos you mention 15K two times so i though its 30K. sorry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

User Tag List