0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry Declining Quality of Corolla

I have purchase Corolla for less than a year (2015 model) and the chrome plating on monograms has started rusting (see the attached photos). I suspect if that is happening to exterior parts, the engine and internal parts are corroding as well.

I talked with Toyota distributor from where I purchased the Corolla and he said it is because where you park the car and it can be removed by polishing. My question is, did I pay more than Rs. 1.7M for such a low quality? I have used cars outside of Pakistan with no such issues even parked outside everyday and assume the imported (Japanese) Toyota in Pakistan also have no such issues.

The Toyota Pakistan is indeed getting cheap and low quality with time!

Declining Quality of Corolla -1667434Declining Quality of Corolla -1667435Declining Quality of Corolla -1667436

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asim510 View Post
    brother no doubt its a quality issue but i have one question. do u live near some NALA/Open severage type? because this seems like acidic reaction. do u have some kind of problem with ur house main gate etc?
    The whole seaside of Karachi is technically a naala, salty air blows inwards to the land - salt = water loving, water = champion oxidiser
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

F1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We got two corollas 2015 and 2016 model. they are driven like 10-15 K and at this point interior has started to rattle. many interior accessories are cheaply built and car feels lighter then the previous model .i would say 2010 corolla was much better and heavier then this new generation . !
    Godzilla under the Hood !!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The whole seaside of Karachi is technically a naala, salty air blows inwards to the land - salt = water loving, water = champion oxidiser
    Lol. I thought when water evaporates, It leaves all salts behind. May be the science book was wrong and you are correct?

Man it is the acidic rain and acidic humidity (formed when CO2 in air dissolves in water) that actually accelerates corrosion process.

And do not tell we pay less. We pay a premium money for crap that our local manufacturers are selling us. If prices are may be lower than international market, that's because these "new cars" lack several features. Where is immobilizer in rolla? Cheap pig iron is use to make the body of these "desi" assembled cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ch.talal View Post
    Lol. I thought when water evaporates, It leaves all salts behind. May be the science book was wrong and you are correct?

Man it is the acidic rain and acidic humidity (formed when CO2 in air dissolves in water) that actually accelerates corrosion process.

And do not tell we pay less. We pay a premium money for crap that our local manufacturers are selling us. If prices are may be lower than international market, that's because these "new cars" lack several features. Where is immobilizer in rolla? Cheap pig iron is use to make the body of these "desi" assembled cars.
    Please guide me to the factory where you saw body of corolla being made

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aakhri khabrain aane tak corolla ki body japan se import ho rhi thi Sirf paint work local hota hai.. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Please guide me to the factory where you saw body of corolla being made
    Just take a sand paper or may be "chenni" or "pech kass" and remove paint from rolla body and leave that. You will see it rusting sooner than you could imagine. You don't need to visit factory for that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    aakhri khabrain aane tak corolla ki body japan se import ho rhi thi Sirf paint work local hota hai.. ��

Huhuhu. Those Japs send crap to your local factories to keep prices under control and range of Pakistani people.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    aakhri khabrain aane tak corolla ki body japan se import ho rhi thi Sirf paint work local hota hai.. 

fizool type radio station sunna band kariye..
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Apply salty water to a piece of metal and let it evaporate, then put it outside in foggy conditions for a day and recheck.

btw - you DONT pay premium prices for your corolla, the reason it looks premium to you is because your rupee is like dog poo compared to the USD in which this car is actually traded in. - As for immobiliser or any other feature, you have to pay for it, At this moment in time Indus motors is not offering a laundry list of options int he corolla because they know - a price hike due to the options will make the car very very hard to sell.

its simple economics and very simple weight factors in Pakistan when it comes to automobiles.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just take a sand paper or may be "chenni" or "pech kass" and remove paint from rolla body and leave that. You will see it rusting sooner than you could imagine. You don't need to visit factory for that.
    That happened to my mercedes too - so they sold me made in cheechawatni wali body car?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That happened to my mercedes too - so they sold me made in cheechawatni wali body car?
    i think the one gets galvanized before paint never gets rust, i have seen RR and Ferrari making and both gets galvanized before paint to avoid rust issues.
    Before you criticize someone, Make sure you are better than them.............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asim510 View Post
    i think the one gets galvanized before paint never gets rust, i have seen RR and Ferrari making and both gets galvanized before paint to avoid rust issues.
    a tool sharp enough can tear through the zinc coat too. It happens with every car. btw - kehri ferrari galvanize ondee aye?

ferraris are famous for rusting out - infact all old italian cars, you leave it out in rain and it vanishes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hazraaat AQAL ka inteqal hogaya ha ...kal subha 11:30 baje namaz-e-Facepalm...IJHTIMAI parhi jaege...Ab Sab Se Juzarish ha ke Shareek Hoke Ijtimai Facepalm Ada Karein....!

Shukriya
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a tool sharp enough can tear through the zinc coat too. It happens with every car. btw - kehri ferrari galvanize ondee aye?

ferraris are famous for rusting out - infact all old italian cars, you leave it out in rain and it vanishes.
    But i think zincrox is considered to be toughest. Ferrari is coated with it. Actually i saw it in making of these cars but it was specifically for complete chassis. Not confirmed about doors and body parts etc.
    Before you criticize someone, Make sure you are better than them.............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this coating has been in use since a very long time. sort of like the late 70s onwards. On almost many many car brands.

But still - a sharp scratch can expose bare metal and start to rust.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why exactly are you paying a premium amount for a crap car that is being sold to you in the first place? You have figured the automobile industry of this country and how their products are, than why go about and dump your money in to buy a "trolley"?
    My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dangtepau View Post
    I have purchase Corolla for less than a year (2015 model) and the chrome plating on monograms has started rusting (see the attached photos). I suspect if that is happening to exterior parts, the engine and internal parts are corroding as well.

I talked with Toyota distributor from where I purchased the Corolla and he said it is because where you park the car and it can be removed by polishing. My question is, did I pay more than Rs. 1.7M for such a low quality? I have used cars outside of Pakistan with no such issues even parked outside everyday and assume the imported (Japanese) Toyota in Pakistan also have no such issues.

The Toyota Pakistan is indeed getting cheap and low quality with time!
    This happened to my 05 Prado which is a "Jaay Dee Emm" and not a pak manufactured vehicle. Reason being that it was washed with hard water + surf plus god knows what else by the previous owner. Toyota uses plastics for the emblems and do a chrome coating on it. There is a possibility that your car's emblems may have been from a bad batch but I doubt that since the defects would have been visible from the start. This is usually the simple case of chrome stripping by acids, salts and chemicals. I suggest you take off the emblems and polish them out and see how well the results end up being. There are pictorial DIYs on how to do this all over the internet. I've seen loads of cars with this problem, that dose not mean they all have quality issues.
    My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    hazraaat AQAL ka inteqal hogaya ha ...kal subha 11:30 baje namaz-e-Facepalm...IJHTIMAI parhi jaege...Ab Sab Se Juzarish ha ke Shareek Hoke Ijtimai Facepalm Ada Karein....!

Shukriya
    Kahan hua aap ki aqal ka inteqal?
    Namaz e facepalm ka tareeqa btao jo aap k ghamard mullah ne ap ko sikhaya.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Apply salty water to a piece of metal and let it evaporate, then put it outside in foggy conditions for a day and recheck.
    Weren't you talking about "salty air" that blows inward from sea? Oh wait yesterday i saw sodium chloride and potassium salts evaporating from sea and coming inwards.

Besides i totally agree with you on this surf issue. The washing powder is the killer of paint job.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its happening due to high PH water you are using to wash your car.
    Plus you need to use air blower to dry out monograms properly.

Yes the quality of chrome is not that good, but even if indus toyota's monograms are getting that bad, that early then its ur water.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List