Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla GLI vs Honda City Aspire

AOA!

Guys i am about to get a new car. However, i am confused between Honda City Aspire 1.3 with Prosmatec Transmission and Toyota corolla GLI with Automatic Transmission. You guys are requested to suggest which one is better overall as i have never used city or corolla before. how much is the difference between fuel economy of both cars? i have also heard from many people that GLI 1.3 is under powered car. Kindly give your input.

Regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asim510 View Post
    3.4k. Its with 2 adult 2 kids and trunk with almost 30kg. Never drove alone above 100kmph :p. I usually drive slow.
    Suggest to check tire pressure. Airfilter.
    What does

-tire pressure
    -the number of passengers
    -the weight of luggage
    -the condition of the air filter

have to do with the RPM at a fixed speed?
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    What does

-tire pressure
    -the weight of luggage

torque converter lock-up maybe?
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What does

-tire pressure
    -the weight of luggage

these all have direct relation with LOAD on engine. its same like ur running on a road with/Without bag on ur shoulder. same goes for airfilter as its direct air intake like u inhale heavily while running and less when ur walking.
    Before you criticize someone, Make sure you are better than them.............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

these all have direct relation with LOAD on engine. its same like ur running on a road with/Without bag on ur shoulder. same goes for airfilter as its direct air intake like u inhale heavily while running and less when ur walking.
    That's not how a manual transmission works. For a given gear and speed combination, it will always spin at the same RPM. If you see variance, then the clutch is likely slipping.

What you are saying may apply to CVT's though; more load will require more throttle input, which will result in more revs (provided the variator is not locked; AKA 'manual mode' in some CVT transmissions).

Traditional automatics will also slip on more throttle input, as long as the torque converter isn't locked up. In most old school transmissions, there wasn't even a lockup mechanism, so it was always slipping. The slipping is especially noticeable in high stall torque converters, although you will likely never see them in a stock car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've driven both and I can talk from experience. Keep note though that both cars were manual.
    Regarding suspension, both cars are comfortable enough to be decent everyday commuters. City's is hard and it's less comfortable, if you live in a bumpy area then this is a no-brainer. If you live near decently carpeted roads then you'll feel almost no difference.
    The choice of hard suspension but good handling and responsiveness, and soft suspension but bad handling is what every car manufacturer has to make. Honda chose handling over comfort, but is by no means a rickshaw where your back hurts after every bump, you get used to it after sometime. Corolla is like riding on a pillow, but lacks power at times and rolls in corners. Also it's higher and has a higher center of gravity so that isn't good for handling.
    In terms of fuel consumption the corolla does 12.8 on the same route and the city is doing 16.5 right now. It was around 17 a week ago. I'll post a picture to prove it later as I don't have it right at this moment.
    It's always your own personal preference. If you want comfort you can get a corolla. If you want more power, grip and handling, you buy a city. Simple as that.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't buy city please. Go for Gli automatic.
    City as compared to gli have less cabin space and less road clearance plus the prosmetic is **** or maybe morethan ****.
    fuel consumption is almost okay for both.
    city has road grip which toyota cars doesn't have.thats why honda cars are little bit stiff in drive and toyota cars are like you are flying the car and give smooth drive.
    It depends on your needs also but go for toyota as roads here are not good..you can't drive your cars in islamabad avenues only.
    plus note that the city you are going to buy isalready discontinued in world market and they are giving same **** to us still today.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali_bin_farman View Post
    Isnt it high? I mean the mileage sucks at this much rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    On last trip it gave 16km/l at 140 km/h on most part of Hassan Abdal to Lahore.

Suggest to check tire pressure. Airfilter.
    Last tume I drove on M2 was after filter change and tire pressure is ok too. Still I'll check air pressure.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's not how a manual transmission works. For a given gear and speed combination, it will always spin at the same RPM. If you see variance, then the clutch is likely slipping.

What you are saying may apply to CVT's though; more load will require more throttle input, which will result in more revs (provided the variator is not locked; AKA 'manual mode' in some CVT transmissions).

Traditional automatics will also slip on more throttle input, as long as the torque converter isn't locked up. In most old school transmissions, there wasn't even a lockup mechanism, so it was always slipping. The slipping is especially noticeable in high stall torque converters, although you will likely never see them in a stock car.
    I still dont agree. Load on car has direct relationship with engine rav to maintain same speed. If car is climbing a hill its again a load on engine and to maintain same level of speed u need high engine revolutions. Driving a car alone and driving a car with 5 adult and trunk full can never be same. I m talking abt load on engine.
    Before you criticize someone, Make sure you are better than them.............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I still dont agree. Load on car has direct relationship with engine rav to maintain same speed. If car is climbing a hill its again a load on engine and to maintain same level of speed u need high engine revolutions. Driving a car alone and driving a car with 5 adult and trunk full can never be same. I m talking abt load on engine.
    This is a different topic; I was addressing your suggestion to @ali_bin_farman i.e. the reason for his car's higher RPM at 120 km/h compared to your own car. There is no way that RPM varies depending on load, in a manual transmission, at a certain gear at a fixed speed.

Regarding your point in this post, it's not that cut and dry. In a car with a short ratio transmission (City, XLI, GLI 1.3, Wagon R), you will rarely need to downshift to maintain speed on a slope. It can be maintained simply by opening the throttle more; same gear, with nearly constant RPM. Even traditional automatic cars don't downshift (or go out of lock-up) every time they get a whiff of a 1% grade; they can make do with the throttle open more, most of the time.
    Internal combustion engines don't produce static power at a given RPM; it is dependent on the throttle opening (petrol engines), or amount of fuelling (diesel).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List