Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Corolla Finally getting Immobilizer, Shaitaan apko share kernay say rokay ga

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla Finally getting Immobilizer, Shaitaan apko share kernay say rokay ga

Hello,

Over the last decade almost 2 in 10 Toyota Corolla owner have faced attempts or the actual theft of a car parked outside the house.

In islamabad corolla gets stolen more thn motorbikes, there was this incident 5 months back where thieves cut down the HOUSE GATE and stole the brand new 2 days old Altis Grande.

ONLY BECAUSE THIS CAR NEVER HAD IMMOBILIZER......until now.

Reports are coming in that toyota will be offering immobilizer in corolla from now on.

The only reason i had to buy Aspire 1.5 Prosmatec (for Parents) was that people in our community have lost corolla even before they got their first oil change.

so glad that a deal has been made between Car lifting mafia-Insurance Company & Toyota Indus. (LOL)

PLEASE SHARE THIS NEWS, CUZ SHAITAAN APKO SHARE KERNAY SAY ROKAY GA. :p

SOURCE: https://www.pakwheels.com/blog/toyot...-starting-may/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not only sensors are required , 2 actuators are also required for heat and control flapper and vents direction flappers which will be controlled accordingly , only one sensor required in evaporator which will be simply a 2 wire thermistor used in fridges

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Who installed axios ac in the PakistanI corolla? Even Singaporean and Malaysian scraps altiss have climate control but it's not as simple as plug and play
    I saw a picture on fb and also one corolla in selling section of pw

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    The unit installed controls everything. I guess no extra sensors needed

you need an ambient temp sensor outside the car, an interior temp sensor and a sunload switch for starters, you will also need to swap out the blower regulator and heater valve (if equipped).

doable if you know what you are doing - this is not a lektrishann nitto tape job
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    These features are true for Thailand models, lets wait if they introduce all the thailand model specs here or not.
    I really do hope we get some special stuff this time, especially the turbo engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes... it's like plug n play

It has way too many components involved to make it a simple bolt on accessory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Can the climate control be installed in GLi?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    It has way too many components involved to make it a simple bolt on accessory. It requires the control panel, cabin temperature sensor, electronically controlled blower assembly, and integration with the ECU. I'm not too sure if the entire hardware is available at the moment. Even if it is, it would be very very expensive. So based on the above facts I'd say...the answer to your question is no.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

may I ask - why is everyone after climate control A/C in corolla in Pakistan?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you need an ambient temp sensor outside the car, an interior temp sensor and a sunload switch for starters, you will also need to swap out the blower regulator and heater valve (if equipped).

doable if you know what you are doing - this is not a lektrishann nitto tape job
    Why we are so eager to make the cabin noisy with full blow.

In warm countries where there is higher gap in ambience temp and body comfort level the auto climate control is just gimmick.

The more time air is held in the evap fins the better chill it brings. But none of the climate control is wise enough.

It only works on the differential of two temp input where the controller has only the decission of increasing.or decreasing the fan speed depending on the gap of set temp and ambiance temp. The duty cycly of the compressor remains unchanged.

For the warm settings the compressor is unnecessarily running reducing the fuel echonomy.

A very good temprature can be established by keeping the fan on low to medium and using hot.or cool setting as desired.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Because climate control sounds cool

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have it in the Prius so thought if it was possible in Corolla then why not don't know about the others.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When gutka is stuffed in top orifice then it is needed to speak louder to let other understand. So the high fan blow acts as the excuse for it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by memad View Post
    Why are so eager to make the cabin noisy with full blow.

In warm countries where there is higher gap in ambience temp and body comfort level the auto climate control is just gimmick.

The more time air is held in the evap fins the better chill it brings. But none of the climate control is wise enough.

It only works on the differential of two temp input where the controller has only the decission of increasing.or decreasing the fan speed depending on the gap of set temp and ambiance temp. The duty cycly of the compressor remains unchanged.

For the warm settings the compressor is unnecessarily running reducing the fuel echonomy.

A very good temprature can be established by keeping the fan on low to medium and using hot.or cool setting as desired.
    well you are quite right, in areas where it is very hot - like KSA where you live or Pakistan in summer, climate control will kick the system to max and keep it there - this means full blower and heater cut off till the cabin sensor can sense some cooldown happening (which will be in the next month)

I myself have to adjust my car's auto climate control to manual override and keep it at medium blower in order to not go deaf from blower noise and also cool down faster, a lot of slow moving air on the A/C evaporator can exchange more heat than low volume of air moving very fast.

come to think of it - my other car's have manual A/C and I set them to medium too. sort of killing "climate control" - and I live in Houston which is hotter than multan in summer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by memad View Post
    When gutka is stuffed in top orifice then it is needed to speak louder to let other understand. So the high fan blow acts as the excuse for it.

yes - it ends up as a shouting match in the car.. Basically meaning that if you have a climate control car in Pakistan in summer, the blower will run at full speed FOREVER and provide poor cabin cool down.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes - it ends up as a shouting match in the car.. Basically meaning that if you have a climate control car in Pakistan in summer, the blower will run at full speed FOREVER and provide poor cabin cool down.
    After May we may see some threads like

" Is it ok that my car AC vent always blows full "

"AC fan Problem in Grande"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got it thanks I didn't knew about this before.
    And yes it is gimmicky but in 2.4m car the lattoos ( AC knobs ) just look cheap and basically they ruin the look of the interior of corolla.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well you are quite right, in areas where it is very hot - like KSA where you live or Pakistan in summer, climate control will kick the system to max and keep it there - this means full blower and heater cut off till the cabin sensor can sense some cooldown happening (which will be in the next month)

I myself have to adjust my car's auto climate control to manual override and keep it at medium blower in order to not go deaf from blower noise and also cool down faster, a lot of slow moving air on the A/C evaporator can exchange more heat than low volume of air moving very fast.

come to think of it - my other car's have manual A/C and I set them to medium too. sort of killing "climate control" - and I live in Houston which is hotter than multan in summer.
    There are two reasons why corolla owners, including myself, want it. One, it will distinguish the more expensive Altis interior from the base XLi, and second, Civic has it so we better have it too.
    Although I really like the convenience of the large rotary knobs, the touch buttons look better than them.
    I agree with your point about the auto system being noisy at startup, when the fan runs at full speed for some time to bring down the temperature as quickly as possible. However, the auto system does have a manual override, in fact it can be a totally manual system unless you choose for it to work automatically. So in case of extremely hot cabin, it won't necessarily run the fan at max, it will do it only if you let it do that.
    The benefit of a climate control system kicks in particularly on long hauls when you set the temperature once and let it work to maintain that temperature. In a manually operated HVAC system you are always struggling between "too hot" and "too cold" because any one particular setting of the AC and Fan does not work when the car continues to travel under the sun and the interior temperature increases.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    There are two reasons why corolla owners, including myself, want it. One, it will distinguish the more expensive Altis interior from the base XLi, and second, Civic has it so we better have it too.
    Although I really like the convenience of the large rotary knobs, the touch buttons look better than them.
    I agree with your point about the auto system being noisy at startup, when the fan runs at full speed for some time to bring down the temperature as quickly as possible. However, the auto system does have a manual override, in fact it can be a totally manual system unless you choose for it to work automatically. So in case of extremely hot cabin, it won't necessarily run the fan at max, it will do it only if you let it do that.
    The benefit of a climate control system kicks in particularly on long hauls when you set the temperature once and let it work to maintain that temperature. In a manually operated HVAC system you are always struggling between "too hot" and "too cold" because any one particular setting of the AC and Fan does not work when the car continues to travel under the sun and the interior temperature increases.
    I know how climate control works - My car (puranee mercedes-benz) has it and to be honest its atleast 5 times better than any Japanese one I have come across - It works very nice when the outside temperature is about 27C and you want 22C in the cabin - It works really good in heating too - but other than that anytime in the summer of Houston TX where its hotter and wetter than a satan's personal quarters all the time I have to manually override it and keep it at medium fan speed otherwise having a conversation in the car is a shouting match, my ears start to ring after a while and it becomes irritating when jets of air are blasting on you from every side.

If you want refined distinguishment then why keep a corolla - get something better, distinguished corolla is like wearing a fake armani suit. And to be honest it being a corolla will get bottom of the barrel stuff in it. The very reason corollas are so famous for being mules on a global scale is because of its spartan simplicity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got it thanks I didn't knew about this before.
    And yes it is gimmicky but in 2.4m car the lattoos ( AC knobs ) just look cheap and basically they ruin the look of the interior of corolla.

if you say so... to be honest fancy controls look out of place in a corolla.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1459283291434.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  71.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1459283311531.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  70.6 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1459283335348.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  67.9 KB

Pictures speaking more than thousand words about the misery of climate control.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Probably just looks nice in the cockpit.

Corolla Finally getting Immobilizer Shaitaan apko share kernay say rokay ga -1673154

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

User Tag List