Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 209
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Corolla Finally getting Immobilizer, Shaitaan apko share kernay say rokay ga

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Corolla Finally getting Immobilizer, Shaitaan apko share kernay say rokay ga

    Hello,

    Over the last decade almost 2 in 10 Toyota Corolla owner have faced attempts or the actual theft of a car parked outside the house.

    In islamabad corolla gets stolen more thn motorbikes, there was this incident 5 months back where thieves cut down the HOUSE GATE and stole the brand new 2 days old Altis Grande.

    ONLY BECAUSE THIS CAR NEVER HAD IMMOBILIZER......until now.


    Reports are coming in that toyota will be offering immobilizer in corolla from now on.

    The only reason i had to buy Aspire 1.5 Prosmatec (for Parents) was that people in our community have lost corolla even before they got their first oil change.

    so glad that a deal has been made between Car lifting mafia-Insurance Company & Toyota Indus. (LOL)


    PLEASE SHARE THIS NEWS, CUZ SHAITAAN APKO SHARE KERNAY SAY ROKAY GA. :p

    SOURCE: https://www.pakwheels.com/blog/toyot...-starting-may/

  2. #121
    PakWheeler Follow
    siid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Not only sensors are required , 2 actuators are also required for heat and control flapper and vents direction flappers which will be controlled accordingly , only one sensor required in evaporator which will be simply a 2 wire thermistor used in fridges

  3. #122
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Who installed axios ac in the PakistanI corolla? Even Singaporean and Malaysian scraps altiss have climate control but it's not as simple as plug and play
    I saw a picture on fb and also one corolla in selling section of pw

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

  4. #123
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    The unit installed controls everything. I guess no extra sensors needed

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    you need an ambient temp sensor outside the car, an interior temp sensor and a sunload switch for starters, you will also need to swap out the blower regulator and heater valve (if equipped).

    doable if you know what you are doing - this is not a lektrishann nitto tape job
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  5. #124
    PakWheeler Follow
    khizar44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    These features are true for Thailand models, lets wait if they introduce all the thailand model specs here or not.
    I really do hope we get some special stuff this time, especially the turbo engine.

  6. #125
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Yes... it's like plug n play

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    It has way too many components involved to make it a simple bolt on accessory.

  7. #126
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Can the climate control be installed in GLi?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    It has way too many components involved to make it a simple bolt on accessory. It requires the control panel, cabin temperature sensor, electronically controlled blower assembly, and integration with the ECU. I'm not too sure if the entire hardware is available at the moment. Even if it is, it would be very very expensive. So based on the above facts I'd say...the answer to your question is no.

  8. #127
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    may I ask - why is everyone after climate control A/C in corolla in Pakistan?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  9. #128
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    memad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,503
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you need an ambient temp sensor outside the car, an interior temp sensor and a sunload switch for starters, you will also need to swap out the blower regulator and heater valve (if equipped).

    doable if you know what you are doing - this is not a lektrishann nitto tape job
    Why we are so eager to make the cabin noisy with full blow.

    In warm countries where there is higher gap in ambience temp and body comfort level the auto climate control is just gimmick.

    The more time air is held in the evap fins the better chill it brings. But none of the climate control is wise enough.

    It only works on the differential of two temp input where the controller has only the decission of increasing.or decreasing the fan speed depending on the gap of set temp and ambiance temp. The duty cycly of the compressor remains unchanged.

    For the warm settings the compressor is unnecessarily running reducing the fuel echonomy.

    A very good temprature can be established by keeping the fan on low to medium and using hot.or cool setting as desired.

  10. #129
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    may I ask - why is everyone after climate control A/C in corolla in Pakistan?
    Because climate control sounds cool

  11. #130
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    may I ask - why is everyone after climate control A/C in corolla in Pakistan?
    I have it in the Prius so thought if it was possible in Corolla then why not don't know about the others.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  12. #131
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    memad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,503
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    may I ask - why is everyone after climate control A/C in corolla in Pakistan?
    When gutka is stuffed in top orifice then it is needed to speak louder to let other understand. So the high fan blow acts as the excuse for it.

  13. #132
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by memad View Post
    Why are so eager to make the cabin noisy with full blow.

    In warm countries where there is higher gap in ambience temp and body comfort level the auto climate control is just gimmick.

    The more time air is held in the evap fins the better chill it brings. But none of the climate control is wise enough.

    It only works on the differential of two temp input where the controller has only the decission of increasing.or decreasing the fan speed depending on the gap of set temp and ambiance temp. The duty cycly of the compressor remains unchanged.

    For the warm settings the compressor is unnecessarily running reducing the fuel echonomy.

    A very good temprature can be established by keeping the fan on low to medium and using hot.or cool setting as desired.
    well you are quite right, in areas where it is very hot - like KSA where you live or Pakistan in summer, climate control will kick the system to max and keep it there - this means full blower and heater cut off till the cabin sensor can sense some cooldown happening (which will be in the next month)

    I myself have to adjust my car's auto climate control to manual override and keep it at medium blower in order to not go deaf from blower noise and also cool down faster, a lot of slow moving air on the A/C evaporator can exchange more heat than low volume of air moving very fast.

    come to think of it - my other car's have manual A/C and I set them to medium too. sort of killing "climate control" - and I live in Houston which is hotter than multan in summer.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  14. #133
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by memad View Post
    When gutka is stuffed in top orifice then it is needed to speak louder to let other understand. So the high fan blow acts as the excuse for it.

    yes - it ends up as a shouting match in the car.. Basically meaning that if you have a climate control car in Pakistan in summer, the blower will run at full speed FOREVER and provide poor cabin cool down.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  15. #134
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    memad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,503
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    yes - it ends up as a shouting match in the car.. Basically meaning that if you have a climate control car in Pakistan in summer, the blower will run at full speed FOREVER and provide poor cabin cool down.
    After May we may see some threads like

    " Is it ok that my car AC vent always blows full "

    "AC fan Problem in Grande"

  16. #135
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you need an ambient temp sensor outside the car, an interior temp sensor and a sunload switch for starters, you will also need to swap out the blower regulator and heater valve (if equipped).

    doable if you know what you are doing - this is not a lektrishann nitto tape job
    Got it thanks I didn't knew about this before.
    And yes it is gimmicky but in 2.4m car the lattoos ( AC knobs ) just look cheap and basically they ruin the look of the interior of corolla.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

  17. #136
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    well you are quite right, in areas where it is very hot - like KSA where you live or Pakistan in summer, climate control will kick the system to max and keep it there - this means full blower and heater cut off till the cabin sensor can sense some cooldown happening (which will be in the next month)

    I myself have to adjust my car's auto climate control to manual override and keep it at medium blower in order to not go deaf from blower noise and also cool down faster, a lot of slow moving air on the A/C evaporator can exchange more heat than low volume of air moving very fast.

    come to think of it - my other car's have manual A/C and I set them to medium too. sort of killing "climate control" - and I live in Houston which is hotter than multan in summer.
    There are two reasons why corolla owners, including myself, want it. One, it will distinguish the more expensive Altis interior from the base XLi, and second, Civic has it so we better have it too.
    Although I really like the convenience of the large rotary knobs, the touch buttons look better than them.
    I agree with your point about the auto system being noisy at startup, when the fan runs at full speed for some time to bring down the temperature as quickly as possible. However, the auto system does have a manual override, in fact it can be a totally manual system unless you choose for it to work automatically. So in case of extremely hot cabin, it won't necessarily run the fan at max, it will do it only if you let it do that.
    The benefit of a climate control system kicks in particularly on long hauls when you set the temperature once and let it work to maintain that temperature. In a manually operated HVAC system you are always struggling between "too hot" and "too cold" because any one particular setting of the AC and Fan does not work when the car continues to travel under the sun and the interior temperature increases.

  18. #137
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    There are two reasons why corolla owners, including myself, want it. One, it will distinguish the more expensive Altis interior from the base XLi, and second, Civic has it so we better have it too.
    Although I really like the convenience of the large rotary knobs, the touch buttons look better than them.
    I agree with your point about the auto system being noisy at startup, when the fan runs at full speed for some time to bring down the temperature as quickly as possible. However, the auto system does have a manual override, in fact it can be a totally manual system unless you choose for it to work automatically. So in case of extremely hot cabin, it won't necessarily run the fan at max, it will do it only if you let it do that.
    The benefit of a climate control system kicks in particularly on long hauls when you set the temperature once and let it work to maintain that temperature. In a manually operated HVAC system you are always struggling between "too hot" and "too cold" because any one particular setting of the AC and Fan does not work when the car continues to travel under the sun and the interior temperature increases.
    I know how climate control works - My car (puranee mercedes-benz) has it and to be honest its atleast 5 times better than any Japanese one I have come across - It works very nice when the outside temperature is about 27C and you want 22C in the cabin - It works really good in heating too - but other than that anytime in the summer of Houston TX where its hotter and wetter than a satan's personal quarters all the time I have to manually override it and keep it at medium fan speed otherwise having a conversation in the car is a shouting match, my ears start to ring after a while and it becomes irritating when jets of air are blasting on you from every side.

    If you want refined distinguishment then why keep a corolla - get something better, distinguished corolla is like wearing a fake armani suit. And to be honest it being a corolla will get bottom of the barrel stuff in it. The very reason corollas are so famous for being mules on a global scale is because of its spartan simplicity.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  19. #138
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Got it thanks I didn't knew about this before.
    And yes it is gimmicky but in 2.4m car the lattoos ( AC knobs ) just look cheap and basically they ruin the look of the interior of corolla.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    if you say so... to be honest fancy controls look out of place in a corolla.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  20. #139
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    memad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,503
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1459283291434.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  71.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1459283311531.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  70.6 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1459283335348.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  67.9 KB

    Pictures speaking more than thousand words about the misery of climate control.

  21. #140
    PakWheeler Follow
    Baleno1300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    770
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Probably just looks nice in the cockpit.

    Corolla Finally getting Immobilizer Shaitaan apko share kernay say rokay ga -1673154

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •