Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What is a better buy: 1.6 Altis auto or 1.3 Gli auto?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default What is a better buy: 1.6 Altis auto or 1.3 Gli auto?

I am planning to buy new corolla for my father in auto transmission. My father preference is white colour.I am a little confused about the variants. Should I go for a 1.6 Altis auto or 1.3 Gli auto? Your suggestions in this regard will highly be appreciated.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you have budget than go for grande ful option not for cvti hardtop due to lack of goodies and resale. 1.6 this time has a very good resale

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PW Forums mobile app

k1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muhammdasim View Post
    If you have budget than go for grande ful option not for cvti hardtop due to lack of goodies and resale. 1.6 this time has a very good resale

Yes but grande is out of budget , my main concern is drive pleasure. . I am very much used to axio drive . . This old shape gli 1.6 will sell it soon , so that is why asking around abt different engine n their responses. I am not much into options or resale . . My concern is driving feel , responsive engine just like axio's or better , here we have single roads mostly so over takes are alot. .
    Tomorrow Never Comes Until its too late..
    Tz 3400cc..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by k1 View Post
    Yes but grande is out of budget , my main concern is drive pleasure. . I am very much used to axio drive . . This old shape gli 1.6 will sell it soon , so that is why asking around abt different engine n their responses. I am not much into options or resale . . My concern is driving feel , responsive engine just like axio's or better , here we have single roads mostly so over takes are alot. .
    Than 1.8cvti @ 2194000 plus wht and if this is not in budget than altis1.6 @1994000 plus wht.
    I sold mine 1.6 last month and booked it again with upgraded version of immobiliser, i would definitely opt for grande if my pocket permitted.
    Also at 2.2 million you can search for new axio hybrid would be a good option

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No, it has 4 speed super ECT transmission. The 1.6 Altis auto has the same engine and transmission as of 1.6 Gli auto of the previous generation corolla. The main difference is the fuel management, the previous one was EFI and the current one is SFI. As far as response of the 1.6 auto is concerned, it is a fact it is not a par to CVT but it isn't that bad either. In order to get the optimal acceleration you have to push your accelerator more, and it will down shift to give you the acceleration required.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I hope your 1.6 auto fulfills your acceleration requirements but personally I am a manual fan. A 1.6 with the 6 speed gearbox would be a killer. Anyway I hope yoU enjoy your new car. Good luck and drive safe
    :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No match with axio drive , 1.6 altis is v laggy in down shifting, which improves to some extent by turning off the eco mode , try doing that ! To Me altis drive is tiring on long route compared to JDM cars due to bad driving seat position and it lacks height adjust , same I felt in the previous gen 1.6 auto pkdm corolla

Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saif124 View Post
    No, it has 4 speed super ECT transmission. The 1.6 Altis auto has the same engine and transmission as of 1.6 Gli auto of the previous generation corolla. The main difference is the fuel management, the previous one was EFI and the current one is SFI. As far as response of the 1.6 auto is concerned, it is a fact it is not a par to CVT but it isn't that bad either. In order to get the optimal acceleration you have to push your accelerator more, and it will down shift to give you the acceleration required.
    Bhai koi bacha bi bata de ga 1.8 ki power 1.6 se zayada hoti hai told earlier agar paise hain tu 1.8 grande lo simple na lo beacuse grande has more sishka in recent upgrade and close to axio that was i am saying
    And tell kaya jab bi ham car le kar road pe ate hain ham ne race hi lagai hoti hai keh power power chayee and if you are really crazed for power than go for new civic x 1.5t 174hp ....... axio hybird is also good option if you love axio

k1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai koi bacha bi bata de ga 1.8 ki power 1.6 se zayada hoti hai told earlier agar paise hain tu 1.8 grande lo simple na lo beacuse grande has more sishka in recent upgrade and close to axio that was i am saying
    And tell kaya jab bi ham car le kar road pe ate hain ham ne race hi lagai hoti hai keh power power chayee and if you are really crazed for power than go for new civic x 1.5t 174hp ....... axio hybird is also good option if you love axio

1.5 civic 3 million 🙈 . . .

And for new axio. . Yaar kya batao. Only drawback is the back shape . .they have spoiled a beautiful car from rear.. .. and is a big turn off .

Single roads ki driving mien pata chalta hai k how responsive engine is important . . .not for races . .

Khair i will go for 1.6 altis INSHALLAH or if if get chance to increase budget will try to get 1.8 cvt . . . Civic is out of budget plus in my view pkdm n paying over 20 lakhs . Samaj se bahir but again majburi no other options we have. .
    Tomorrow Never Comes Until its too late..
    Tz 3400cc..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1.5 civic 3 million 🙈 . . .

And for new axio. . Yaar kya batao. Only drawback is the back shape . .they have spoiled a beautiful car from rear.. .. and is a big turn off .

Single roads ki driving mien pata chalta hai k how responsive engine is important . . .not for races . .

Khair i will go for 1.6 altis INSHALLAH or if if get chance to increase budget will try to get 1.8 cvt . . . Civic is out of budget plus in my view pkdm n paying over 20 lakhs . Samaj se bahir but again majburi no other options we have. .
    You are right bro civic is now way expensive, look for premio 1.8 that is also a good car.
    From my experience i drove the gli 1.6 2012 and than bought 1.6 altis you were right the kick was mot there in 2012 gli bit 1.6 seem to be responding good even ever we push the accelerator so not a bad choice 1.6 and yes if you have budget than eyes closed for grande

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Grande lene ki zarurat ni, simple 1.8 lo. Grande has mostly gimmicks. Sunroof is almost usless

Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List