0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Advice regarding corolla

AoA. I live in Lahore. I want to buy a 2012 or 2013 GLI in the coming months. As i dont have enough cash i would be getting this car through bank lease. The prices i have checked for less thn 100k run cars are between 15 to 14.5 lac, mind you that i will try my best to find a car that has an ODO reading between 50-60k. Plz advice on the following questions;
    1. Would it be wise to lease it thru bank as i would be paying around 3.5 lac more in a 5 year lease?
    2. During the past years, I have purchased many old cars (all smaller ones like alto,santro etc) and almost all of them drove me mad and broke untill i sold them on hefty losses. What are my chances on a bigger car like corolla?
    3. My usage would be just home to office, occasional out of city trips and normal city drives?? Would i have to change the engine after 5 years?
    4. What abt the resale?? I have heard that corolla has some excellent resale value? (I am not considering the bank's profit in this question, only the actual value of the car, will it give me a good return after 5years IF i decide to sell it?
    5. What are the maintainance cost? I have no idea regarding this. Oil changes, tuning, parts etc.
    I have sat in a city and corolla, but i really love the corolla. U can say that i am having dreams of driving my own one day :p.
    6. What do u guys recommend 1.3 or 1.6 auto or manual?
    7. Token tax difference btwn 1.3 and 1.6?

Thnx and regards in advance
    Ali

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alimunir View Post
    AoA. I live in Lahore. I want to buy a 2012 or 2013 GLI in the coming months. As i dont have enough cash i would be getting this car through bank lease. The prices i have checked for less thn 100k run cars are between 15 to 14.5 lac, mind you that i will try my best to find a car that has an ODO reading between 50-60k. Plz advice on the following questions;
    1. Would it be wise to lease it thru bank as i would be paying around 3.5 lac more in a 5 year lease?
    2. During the past years, I have purchased many old cars (all smaller ones like alto,santro etc) and almost all of them drove me mad and broke untill i sold them on hefty losses. What are my chances on a bigger car like corolla?
    3. My usage would be just home to office, occasional out of city trips and normal city drives?? Would i have to change the engine after 5 years?
    4. What abt the resale?? I have heard that corolla has some excellent resale value? (I am not considering the bank's profit in this question, only the actual value of the car, will it give me a good return after 5years IF i decide to sell it?
    5. What are the maintainance cost? I have no idea regarding this. Oil changes, tuning, parts etc.
    I have sat in a city and corolla, but i really love the corolla. U can say that i am having dreams of driving my own one day :p.
    6. What do u guys recommend 1.3 or 1.6 auto or manual?
    7. Token tax difference btwn 1.3 and 1.6?

Thnx and regards in advance
    Ali
    For starters, avoid leasing, since your usage isn't much. Let us know your budget, find a well reputed car from a well reputed fellow that won't bother you, and go for it.
    if you still wish to carry on, a 1.6 if auto is a preference, the 1.3 has more resale.if its a good car with 50k on the odo(original and non abused), it won;t ask for much other than regular maintenance, say 10k per 5 months. You don't have to change the engine even after 300k km, if you take care of it.
    As for your experience, it shows that you have limited knowledge of cars, always buy a vehicle from or with the help of a person who knows cars very well and takes care of them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx i know, leasing is my last option. Actually i dnt have enough money AND i want the car so leasing is the way. I admit that i have no experiance of cars. But, my cousin's father in law has owns a workshop for the last 30+ years, so i will buy a car only with his approval. Also i like the experiance of driving a manual car rathar thn an auto. I used to own an auto 2003 civic so i know my preference. I was leaning towards 1.3 manual (2012 or 13).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alimunir View Post
    Thnx i know, leasing is my last option. Actually i dnt have enough money AND i want the car so leasing is the way. I admit that i have no experiance of cars. But, my cousin's father in law has owns a workshop for the last 30+ years, so i will buy a car only with his approval. Also i like the experiance of driving a manual car rathar thn an auto. I used to own an auto 2003 civic so i know my preference. I was leaning towards 1.3 manual (2012 or 13).
    Reconsider leasing but if it's what you want and understand the risks, issues and loopholes related to it, then go for it

Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can also buy a 2012 manual 6 speed corolla altis in this price. It's fuel consumption is almost same within the city and on motorways and highways it give 17-18 km/l.
    Please, reconsider your option.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't rely on odometer reading. Many people move them backwards.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List