0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Corolla Gli 1.6L Auto 2012 or Honda Civic 1.8 2012 Prosmetic

Salam...I am planning to buy a new car, and i have two choices
    1) Honda Civic Prosmetic 1.8 2012 model OR
    2) Toyota Corolla Gli 1.6L 2012 model Auto...
    Kindly the members having both these cars or have used these cars in past give their opinion that which car should i buy and why....
    Because i like the interior of Honda civic and the exterior of toyota corolla....The sunroof of honda civic is also a point of consideration..

I travel a lot therefore need a car with good petrol average,,,kindly share the average of both cars...
    senior members please do have a look and help me sort out a choice....
    Because many people told me that go for toyota corolla Gli, it will not give you any problem...you will be far away from mistris...
    kindly shed some light over this point also...
    I am posting this question in both corolla and civic's forum...

P.S kindly give me suggestion for these two variants only...not any other car...
    Many Thanks and Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alishankhann View Post
    Salam...I am planning to buy a new car, and i have two choices
    1) Honda Civic Prosmetic 1.8 2012 model OR
    2) Toyota Corolla Gli 1.6L 2012 model Auto...
    Kindly the members having both these cars or have used these cars in past give their opinion that which car should i buy and why....
    Because i like the interior of Honda civic and the exterior of toyota corolla....The sunroof of honda civic is also a point of consideration..

I travel a lot therefore need a car with good petrol average,,,kindly share the average of both cars...
    senior members please do have a look and help me sort out a choice....
    Because many people told me that go for toyota corolla Gli, it will not give you any problem...you will be far away from mistris...
    kindly shed some light over this point also...

P.S kindly give me suggestion for these two variants only...not any other car...
    Many Thanks and Regards
    Since you travel alot and esp if in rural pakistan then a corolla will be a king. Its a general perception proved with experience in paki that Corolla is a king of both rural and urban areas - metalled or unmetalled roads - whereas civic is a champ of metalled surfaces.

Btw, if i was at yr place, i myself would have been much confused. Both cars are really awesome.

Sent from my QMobile Z10 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    Since you travel alot and esp if in rural pakistan then a corolla will be a king. Its a general perception proved with experience in paki that Corolla is a king of both rural and urban areas - metalled or unmetalled roads - whereas civic is a champ of metalled surfaces.

Btw, if i was at yr place, i myself would have been much confused. Both cars are really awesome.

Thanks for your reply @abid...thats why i am confused...i am also wondering about the fuel average which car has a good average?
    people keep talking about corolla that its powerless than civic and blah blah...seriously cant take a decision...
    waiting for some other views
    In this life you've got to hope for the best,Prepare for the worst and take whatever GOD sends.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You seriously don't like the exterior of Reborn?

Reborn is the most beautiful and complete car in the history of Pakistan automobile industry.

I would go for Civic and i feel that both the cars have same mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    You seriously don't like the exterior of Reborn?

Reborn is the most beautiful and complete car in the history of Pakistan automobile industry.

I would go for Civic and i feel that both the cars have same mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    which car is good for long distances..?
    Any idea ?
    and Gli 1.6L has odo meter for petrol average i think so ?
    In this life you've got to hope for the best,Prepare for the worst and take whatever GOD sends.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

which car is good for long distances..?
    Any idea ?
    and Gli 1.6L has odo meter for petrol average i think so ?
    Obviously a civic.

On highway, you will get good average from both the cars
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    Obviously a civic.

On highway, you will get good average from both the cars
    Thanks for your opinion

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam...i am planning to buy a new car, and i have two choices
    1) honda civic prosmetic 1.8 2012 model or
    2) toyota corolla gli 1.6l 2012 model auto...
    Because i like the interior of honda civic and the exterior of toyota corolla....the sunroof of honda civic is also a point of consideration..

Senior members please do have a look and help me sort out a choice....
    Because many people told me that go for toyota corolla gli, it will not give you any problem...you will be far away from mistris...
    Kindly shed some light over this point also...

P.s kindly give me suggestion for these two variants only...not any other car...
    Many thanks and regards
    any senior member's opinion???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

IMHO, go for civic (reborn) with eyes closed ☺️

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have kept both. In my opinion civic is a good car but it has too many problems. It's known to develop power steering issues, catalytic converter will get choked after 15 to 20k km even if you refuel from a reliable pump with 50 50 mixture of high octane and super, ground clearance is low, suspension is relatively hard. Corolla on the other hand is more practical, has a much more rugged suspension and the engine too is easier to maintain. It has less power than the civic but still a better car for local conditions in my opinion.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tahirwajeeh View Post
    I have kept both. In my opinion civic is a good car but it has too many problems. It's known to develop power steering issues, catalytic converter will get choked after 15 to 20k km even if you refuel from a reliable pump with 50 50 mixture of high octane and super, ground clearance is low, suspension is relatively hard. Corolla on the other hand is more practical, has a much more rugged suspension and the engine too is easier to maintain. It has less power than the civic but still a better car for local conditions in my opinion.
    Well defined!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tahirwajeeh View Post
    Thanks Wajeeh....and what about the fuel consumption..?? i think corolla will take lead in this also....???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i currently have both cars, civic is a very well refined machine and surely a treat to drive, the 1.6 gli well its neither an altis and its neither a gli, its just a 1600cc corolla with basically no goodies and well has a very plain drive. Though the civic has a comparitively stiffer suspension only considerably though but the road grip and the comfort isnt matched by the newer model either. Fuel economy wise both are almost equal, both deliver 10-11 within city easily. Keeping in mind ur comparing the civic to a 1.6 gli which came in 2011 ull obviously be going for a upper model civic as well, and after 2009 or 10 the steering issue was resolved. Both cars have a cat con and well if u keep using fully synthetic oils and keep it mainatined from dealership and not from the roadside magicians your civic will stay as good as the day it was when you got it. Get a civic as you have to travel alot and just get its periodic maintainence done, yeah its not a khota corolla( no disrespect ) so it needs maintainence after every 10k kms and just get the most value for money you can get in pakistan.

Sent from my SM-G928C using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdullah.sheikh.1848 View Post
    i currently have both cars, civic is a very well refined machine and surely a treat to drive, the 1.6 gli well its neither an altis and its neither a gli, its just a 1600cc corolla with basically no goodies and well has a very plain drive. Though the civic has a comparitively stiffer suspension only considerably though but the road grip and the comfort isnt matched by the newer model either. Fuel economy wise both are almost equal, both deliver 10-11 within city easily. Keeping in mind ur comparing the civic to a 1.6 gli which came in 2011 ull obviously be going for a upper model civic as well, and after 2009 or 10 the steering issue was resolved. Both cars have a cat con and well if u keep using fully synthetic oils and keep it mainatined from dealership and not from the roadside magicians your civic will stay as good as the day it was when you got it. Get a civic as you have to travel alot and just get its periodic maintainence done, yeah its not a khota corolla( no disrespect ) so it needs maintainence after every 10k kms and just get the most value for money you can get in pakistan.

Thanks for your opinion abdullah....people say that toyota is kind of mazbout car...and a heavy duty...LOL i cant understand this majic LOl

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And have you any experience in corolla altis 1.6 auto.....digressing from the choices for a while...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well everyone has their point of view and theyre somewhat correct, corolla is a bit more mazboot and marr kha leti hai but that comes at a price which is comfort, corolla might be a rigid car but no body can say its a comfortable car, its just a basic machine for means of getting from one place to other. khair anyways when you're spending atleast 1.5 million you'll obviously be driving carefully and not driving through every possible pothole. Only and only if you have to go to villages every week where there is no signs of road only then get a corolla otherwise just get a civic, bcz mazbooti isnt everything, you need to get some value for your hard earned money, according to me and alot of people reborn is the best locally produced car and well for issues its a machine created by humans so issues are prone to arise. Best bet would be dont think so much and just take a nice try of atleast 15km each of both cars and you'll be able to clearly differtiate between the both and decide which one caters your needs better..i hope and9 suggest which ever car you go for get a clean and maintained ride.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And have you any experience in corolla altis 1.6 auto.....digressing from the choices for a while...

I havent owned one but have one in my family, its basically the same car with some cosmetic add ons, a sunroof and cruisecontrol ( something the civic doesnt have but can be installed easily though.) well it feels to be a much more complete car and the interior has a much better feel with the diff steering and a much brighter odo meter. Its a nice car but once again has the same engine body and suspension, its a much better option compared to 1.6 gli but not compared to a civic. Test drive both and if you decide to go for a corolla go for the altis atleast, the little difference in price is worth it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I havent owned one but have one in my family, its basically the same car with some cosmetic add ons, a sunroof and cruisecontrol ( something the civic doesnt have but can be installed easily though.) well it feels to be a much more complete car and the interior has a much better feel with the diff steering and a much brighter odo meter. Its a nice car but once again has the same engine body and suspension, its a much better option compared to 1.6 gli but not compared to a civic. Test drive both and if you decide to go for a corolla go for the altis atleast, the little difference in price is worth it.

Thank you bro for you opinion...it has made alot of things clear for me...
    Stay blessed...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No worries bro and if you go for the reborn try getting a 11 or 12 model preferably with honda maintainence history, it wont give you any problems at all and get all the fluids and filters changed on whatever car you get and mechanics ki baato me mat aiye ga ke sahab ye abhi itni dair chal skta ya blah blah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Owned both cars at different times and also i'm selling my GLI 1.6(see my profile for link), I would and always prefer civic if it wasn't a fuel guzzler. The current innercity mileage of my GLI 1.6 is 12km/l with AC which is pretty sweet. The comfort is really a plus point with GLI because of its soft suspension. Rest it's Corolla. Made to rule the rural roads.

Rest it would be a hard search for a clean civic with less ODO reading, where as you can find few GLI's under 50k driven easily.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List