Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Quality of New Corolla?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    dangtepau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Exclamation Quality of New Corolla?

    Share any bad experience of yours with the quality of new 2014-onward Corolla. Provide evidence (photos) if possible.
    Avoid any off-topic and irrelevant discussion, otherwise the moderator will lock the post.


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Well I don't own a corolla but I saw a 2015 registered Corolla with tilted rear chrome garnish and it's rear lights weren't properly alligned either.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    haseeb.basharat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,636
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Got the delivery on 23rd May 2016. No issues yet. Everything was properly aligned and in perfect condition.
    Even headlights were properly aligned with headlight alignment machine ��

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    dangtepau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Looking at weight difference of 2014 and 2008 XLi
    Compare Toyota Corolla and Toyota Corolla in Pakistan | PakWheels
    the new corolla is 25kg lighter than the 2002-2008 model. It seems the body metal sheet is not as thick as the older model.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    dangtepau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It seems everyone is happy and not a single issue?

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    RahatMallick2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Nah I guess its too soon or the owners are too euphoric to note any potential problems at the moment. I own a 2012 Altis 1.6 Cruisetronic SR and have driven the new GLi 1.3 M/T. I dont know what they have done to the newer gen's gearbox but the gear ratios feel weird. The car accelerates good enough with 1-2 people on board but if you increase the load or drive up a hill, the driver is constantly shifting between 1st and 2nd gear. There is no sweet spot on which it maintains its momentum. But this problem was also there on the last model. Interior plastic quality is that if a Pakistani corolla and rest assured, it will squeak after a year or two.
    I heard they still do not provide a ECU cover, floor mats etc.
    The mere realization that it is mechanically sound for a year or two makes us happy Paint is ok and bumpers still give a different shade as compared to the body (see 2014 models esp in color other than white or black). General tires are still crap and hard. And I am not a huge fan of the new dashboard. Plus two glove boxes are better than one. #BringBackOurGLovebox.
    Generally cant really complain much because it is easier to get rid off 3-4 years down the line compared to other cars and that is why 90% of the people buy a corolla in the first place.
    Let the good times roll

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    muhammdasim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahatMallick2003 View Post
    Nah I guess its too soon or the owners are too euphoric to note any potential problems at the moment. I own a 2012 Altis 1.6 Cruisetronic SR and have driven the new GLi 1.3 M/T. I dont know what they have done to the newer gen's gearbox but the gear ratios feel weird. The car accelerates good enough with 1-2 people on board but if you increase the load or drive up a hill, the driver is constantly shifting between 1st and 2nd gear. There is no sweet spot on which it maintains its momentum. But this problem was also there on the last model. Interior plastic quality is that if a Pakistani corolla and rest assured, it will squeak after a year or two.
    I heard they still do not provide a ECU cover, floor mats etc.
    The mere realization that it is mechanically sound for a year or two makes us happy Paint is ok and bumpers still give a different shade as compared to the body (see 2014 models esp in color other than white or black). General tires are still crap and hard. And I am not a huge fan of the new dashboard. Plus two glove boxes are better than one. #BringBackOurGLovebox.
    Generally cant really complain much because it is easier to get rid off 3-4 years down the line compared to other cars and that is why 90% of the people buy a corolla in the first place.
    Correct should go for new civic x great car 1.5 turbo

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    RahatMallick2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muhammdasim View Post
    Correct should go for new civic x great car 1.5 turbo
    Uske apne rolay hain, the height of the civic is too low for Abbottabad. I hate the corolla but loaded with 4 people it easily manages the roads around here where a Civic spends most of its time graunching its belly and I observed that a new civic depreciates at about 1 lac per year and Honda Atlas should have brought the new City first. City is a promising platform and I cant understand why Honda are not giving it the attention it deserves.
    Let the good times roll

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed8ty9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    after 1 month of use, trunk latch got misshapen all of a sudden, trunk wouldnt "lock" in place and flew open. had to get the entire thing, including inside trunk plastics set as the old one stopped fitting one day on its own!

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,132
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Biggest problem i face is the Interior panels squeaking and low quality plastics😡 really hate this.

    Rest everything else is great loving the calm drive of the cvt


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    RIP

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    RahatMallick2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Biggest problem i face is the Interior panels squeaking and low quality plastics really hate this.

    Rest everything else is great loving the calm drive of the cvt


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Cheap plastics are expected in a Corolla, the you said "calm drive of a CVT", thats the problem, its too calm, its like the gear box wants you to drive in the eco mode and short shift it
    Let the good times roll

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,132
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahatMallick2003 View Post
    Cheap plastics are expected in a Corolla, the you said "calm drive of a CVT", thats the problem, its too calm, its like the gear box wants you to drive in the eco mode and short shift it
    True sometimes its just too calm


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    RIP

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Keeping Grande CVTi from 10 months almost and by grace of GOD not even a single issue.
    Aunda Fan

  14. #14
    IKJ
    IKJ is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    IKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    48
    Posts
    803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bought a 2016 Grande, drove it for about 800kms and immediately decided to get rid of it.
    I didn't like it at all.

    Engine and Gearbox was excellent but rest of the Car was terribly put together.

    Seats were made locally hence very uncomfortable.

    Quality of Leather is very cheap.

    Dashboard started rattling after a few kilometers of driving.

    The Car has a road clearance almost like a jeep which compromises overall suspension and drive quality especially in turns.

    Body quality is very poor, on motorway at 120 it felt like the Car was about to fly, bonnet was continuously shaking.

    Has a cheap Chinese music and navigation system based upon a early outdated android technology.
    Toyota G T has a low quality, customer care service.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Obstacles are those frightful things you see when u take your eyes off your goal.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    muhammdasim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IKJ View Post
    Bought a 2016 Grande, drove it for about 800kms and immediately decided to get rid of it.
    I didn't like it at all.

    Engine and Gearbox was excellent but rest of the Car was terribly put together.

    Seats were made locally hence very uncomfortable.

    Quality of Leather is very cheap.

    Dashboard started rattling after a few kilometers of driving.

    The Car has a road clearance almost like a jeep which compromises overall suspension and drive quality especially in turns.

    Body quality is very poor, on motorway at 120 it felt like the Car was about to fly, bonnet was continuously shaking.

    Has a cheap Chinese music and navigation system based upon a early outdated android technology.
    Toyota G T has a low quality, customer care service.
    Lagta hai you bought an old car hahaha....... How you found out bonnet was shaking on 120km come on yar you deserve civic x go for it eyes closed i am too ....

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    AsFand26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    983
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Civic interior panels also makes all sorts of noises on bumps
    though mine is only driven 19k

  17. #17
    IKJ
    IKJ is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    IKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    48
    Posts
    803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    All locally manufactured Vehicles are far below International standards.
    Prices on the other hand are sky high.
    Instead of buying a new local Honda Civic, Honda Vezel brand new is a much better option.
    Obstacles are those frightful things you see when u take your eyes off your goal.

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dangtepau View Post
    Looking at weight difference of 2014 and 2008 XLi
    Compare Toyota Corolla and Toyota Corolla in Pakistan | PakWheels
    the new corolla is 25kg lighter than the 2002-2008 model. It seems the body metal sheet is not as thick as the older model.
    Most of the data on that comparison sheet is wrong.
    It says Xli 2015 has keyless entry.
    When comparing new Gli 1.3 with 1.3 Gli 9th Gen, it said both have ABS.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I had a reborn before Grande. And it had much rattling and loose interior panels
    Aunda Fan

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AmeerUsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,519
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well, I don't own one but a close friend of mine who has GLi 1.3 2015 has complaint about worn out doors rubber seals, causing noises coming from doors on high speeds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •