Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Information about registration cost.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Information about registration cost.

Assalam-o-alaikum everyone! I need a little help regarding the registration cost for the corolla altis 1.6.... Actually I'm confused if I am a tax filer or non-tax filer.... Because we live overseas and we are overseas citizens but what I know is that tax is deducted directly from our monthly salaries.... So that's what I am confused about... It would be a great help if anyone could help
    Thanks in advance!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazzyna View Post
    Assalam-o-alaikum everyone! I need a little help regarding the registration cost for the corolla altis 1.6.... Actually I'm confused if I am a tax filer or non-tax filer.... Because we live overseas and we are overseas citizens but what I know is that tax is deducted directly from our monthly salaries.... So that's what I am confused about... It would be a great help if anyone could help
    Thanks in advance!
    If you pay your money to pakistani government then you are tax filer ,if you dont then you are non filer

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the answer, was really confused about it!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks in advance!
    You become a filer if your name appears on FBR's Active Taxpayers List (ATL), not because you pay taxes to Pakistani government. In order to get your name inserted in ATL, you need to file your income tax return for the tax year 2014-15, which can be done electronically via internet but it is highly recommended to seek expertise of a professional lawyer in Pakistan in this regard.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohummed.ahmed View Post
    You become a filer if your name appears on FBR's Active Taxpayers List (ATL), not because you pay taxes to Pakistani government. In order to get your name inserted in ATL, you need to file your income tax return for the tax year 2014-15, which can be done electronically via internet but it is highly recommended to seek expertise of a professional lawyer in Pakistan in this regard.
    Thank you for your kind reply, could you please tell me about the procedure to do it electronically? Because that lawyer thing kinda hard for us... We don't know much about such things. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Register and obtain your NTN on fbr.gov.pk

Get username and password. After that get login to iris.fbr.gov.pk and submit the registration form for tax filing year 2015-16. Once your registration is approved, you may submit the declaration form and your wealth assessment form for the year 2015-16.

But since you live outside and you don't pay taxes to Pakistan govt from your incomes, I am not sure if you need to file these tax returns or not. Because they are applicable on people having salaries of 400,000 PKR or more per annum. Get consultation from some tax consultant whether you need to file this or not. If I were in your place, I would just pay the additional 50k and wouldn't get into the hassle of filing tax as the process is quite hectic. (I am saying this just on the basis of the fact that you live overseas. Had you lived here in Pak, I would never have said this.)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your kind reply, could you please tell me about the procedure to do it electronically? Because that lawyer thing kinda hard for us... We don't know much about such things. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nifiii View Post
    Register and obtain your NTN on fbr.gov.pk

Get username and password. After that get login to iris.fbr.gov.pk and submit the registration form for tax filing year 2015-16. Once your registration is approved, you may submit the declaration form and your wealth assessment form for the year 2015-16.

But since you live outside and you don't pay taxes to Pakistan govt from your incomes, I am not sure if you need to file these tax returns or not. Because they are applicable on people having salaries of 400,000 PKR or more per annum. Get consultation from some tax consultant whether you need to file this or not. If I were in your place, I would just pay the additional 50k and wouldn't get into the hassle of filing tax as the process is quite hectic. (I am saying this just on the basis of the fact that you live overseas. Had you lived here in Pak, I would never have said this.)
    The process is same which is mentioned above but you need to file income and wealth statement for the tax year 2014-15 in order to become a filer today.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List