0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla Altis airbag problem

Hi, I own a 2007 Corolla Altis (1zzfe) with about 140k kms on the odo. The car was brought brand new.

Problem:
    The freakin' airbag light. It stays on while I drive. It does not blink, nor does it turn off after the engine starts like it's supposed to.

Steps taken to solve the problem:
    I got the car scanned, and my mech deleted the airbag fault code, which was a 'B0101 open in D squib circuit'.

Result:
    After deleted the code, the airbag light went off. However, as soon as he deleted the code, the ABS light started blinking. Which I found weird, because ABS does not have any connection with the airbag I believe. After turning the car off and back on, the blinking ABS light went away, and the airbag light came on again.

Other info:
    Horn works, and the car is mechanically fit. This makes me believe that the clock spring is fine. The car as not been in any major collision that would trigger the airbag.

Any help in solving this issue would be highly appreciated. It's dangerous, and light itself is an eyesore.

@Xulfiqar, please try to pitch in.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farzansajwani View Post
    Hi, I own a 2007 Corolla Altis (1zzfe) with about 140k kms on the odo. The car was brought brand new.

Problem:
    The freakin' airbag light. It stays on while I drive. It does not blink, nor does it turn off after the engine starts like it's supposed to.

Steps taken to solve the problem:
    I got the car scanned, and my mech deleted the airbag fault code, which was a 'B0101 open in D squib circuit'.

Result:
    After deleted the code, the airbag light went off. However, as soon as he deleted the code, the ABS light started blinking. Which I found weird, because ABS does not have any connection with the airbag I believe. After turning the car off and back on, the blinking ABS light went away, and the airbag light came on again.

Other info:
    Horn works, and the car is mechanically fit. This makes me believe that the clock spring is fine. The car as not been in any major collision that would trigger the airbag.

Any help in solving this issue would be highly appreciated. It's dangerous, and light itself is an eyesore.

@Xulfiqar, please try to pitch in.
    abs has no relation, on your model most of the time when you scan or clear any code abs lights blinks and would return to normal once you restart it , give me a little while i have instructions on this error
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla Altis airbag problem -1690836

The d squib circuit consists of the airbag sensor assy center, spiral cable sub–assy and horn button assy.
    It causes the srs to deploy when the srs deployment conditions are satisfied.
    Dtc b0101/14 is recorded when an open is detected in the d squib circuit.

have all the above checked out as one of these is the cause of the error

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you give me your email i can send you a pdf on howto tackle this issue, it would contain complete guidelines of the inspection procedure when faced with this issue,it contains diagrams as well as instructions, show the instructions to a competent electrician or 3S and work it out, simply clearing the light wont work

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your clock spring has circuit break on one wires and the airbag control unit is not detecting airbag ....thats why u have airbag light..best way to check clock spring is open the airbag n disconnect and use a multimeter to check the continuity on each terminal on both ends of the clock spring and if u find the break in circuit on one wires just replace the clock spring or use the free terminals on the clock spring....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    if you give me your email i can send you a pdf on howto tackle this issue, it would contain complete guidelines of the inspection procedure when faced with this issue,it contains diagrams as well as instructions, show the instructions to a competent electrician or 3S and work it out, simply clearing the light wont work
    Thank you for your prompt response. I'll inbox you my email in a bit.

7. 12-06-2016, 12:01 AM

PakWheeler

Reason
    Duplicate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@stance000 Seems plausible. What exactly should I tell the electrician to do? Would you recommend getting a new clockspring, or taking the car to a 3S?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as i said earlier just get the clock spring changed and ur issue will be sorted..toyota clock springs are famous for these issues..i have had same issues on 2013 corolla and 2012 prius and 2007 prius all clock spring related issues and the same thing happens again and again one of the connectors in the clock spring break connectivity and it can be from anything like your horn wont work or your cruise wont work or volume buttons stop and all is linked to clock spring....its easy to replace the clock spring and just takes 15mins...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List