Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Oil for Corolla GLI 2009

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    fatimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Oil for Corolla GLI 2009

    Hey pakwheelers,

    I have a query in my mind I have recently changed OIL of my Corolla 2009 GLI from toyota 20w-50 to Mobil 10w-40 , Do you guys think mobil 10w-40 is the right choice?

    thank you


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lashari802 View Post
    Bro engine is in good health no anay issue at all jst like 0 meter engine.. tell me the good oil zic total shell or other company which is best for 2013 xli

    Sent from my GT-I9300I using PW Forums mobile app
    All brands are more or less the same, depends on personal preference and availability you just have to use the correct grade, of the ones you mention shell is good reputed brand and has most certifications as well.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    lashari802's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Layyah
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    All brands are more or less the same, depends on personal preference and availability you just have to use the correct grade, of the ones you mention shell is good reputed brand and has most certifications as well.
    Bro in zic oil x7 10w40 or x7000 10w40 .. which is best ??

    Sent from my GT-I9300I using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    eagleeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My personal experience :
    I started research on changing of oil viscosity for my GLI 2009 having done 85k at that time around 10 months back.
    I contacted liqui moly Germany famous brand oil senior representative and discuss with him on email that I need to change the oil viscosity of my car.
    These bloody Toyota 3s are totally playing with the innocent customers because mostly people just know that they have to change oil at specific kms. Which oil is good for their cars, only very less people know.
    I was interested in liqui moly 5w40,
    However that senior rep also told me that make sure your car engine seals are good, not having any leakage issue also the engine is not consuming oil.
    So, for an experiment I put Mobil 10w40 in my car after that Toyota petron 20w50.
    Results were great, I felt the car is lighter, more pic more mileage.
    I am using mobil 10w40 from last six to seven oil changes and it's perfectly fine.

    To summarize,
    For newer cars you should put thinner oils like 5w50,5w40,5w30....
    Dont put 20w50 in your new car... It will ruin the engine.
    Just imagine in winter, u start Ur car and engine is still not fully lubricated because 20w50 is a highly viscous oil.
    More wear and tear will take place.
    Use original Toyota oil filter.

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    lashari802's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Layyah
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyez View Post
    My personal experience :
    I started research on changing of oil viscosity for my GLI 2009 having done 85k at that time around 10 months back.
    I contacted liqui moly Germany famous brand oil senior representative and discuss with him on email that I need to change the oil viscosity of my car.
    These bloody Toyota 3s are totally playing with the innocent customers because mostly people just know that they have to change oil at specific kms. Which oil is good for their cars, only very less people know.
    I was interested in liqui moly 5w40,
    However that senior rep also told me that make sure your car engine seals are good, not having any leakage issue also the engine is not consuming oil.
    So, for an experiment I put Mobil 10w40 in my car after that Toyota petron 20w50.
    Results were great, I felt the car is lighter, more pic more mileage.
    I am using mobil 10w40 from last six to seven oil changes and it's perfectly fine.

    To summarize,
    For newer cars you should put thinner oils like 5w50,5w40,5w30....
    Dont put 20w50 in your new car... It will ruin the engine.
    Just imagine in winter, u start Ur car and engine is still not fully lubricated because 20w50 is a highly viscous oil.
    More wear and tear will take place.
    Use original Toyota oil filter.
    Thnku bro .. nxt time i put 10w40

    Sent from my GT-I9300I using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    eagleeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lashari802 View Post
    Bro engine is in good health no anay issue at all jst like 0 meter engine.. tell me the good oil zic total shell or other company which is best for 2013 xli

    Sent from my GT-I9300I using PW Forums mobile app
    I will advise you go for liqui moly 5w40, or mobil 1 5w50.

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    lashari802's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Layyah
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyez View Post
    I will advise you go for liqui moly 5w40, or mobil 1 5w50.
    Bro u tel that new engine oil is 5w 30/40 my car odo is 65000 . 10w40 is best / 5w40 ??

    Sent from my GT-I9300I using PW Forums mobile app

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    zulayed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    recommended viscosity is 5w30. u can use total quartz 9000. or u can use shell helix ultra 5w40.

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    lashari802's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Layyah
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zulayed View Post
    recommended viscosity is 5w30. u can use total quartz 9000. or u can use shell helix ultra 5w40.
    Thnku bro

    Sent from my GT-I9300I using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lashari802 View Post
    Bro in zic oil x7 10w40 or x7000 10w40 .. which is best ??

    Sent from my GT-I9300I using PW Forums mobile app
    x7 is way better, x7000 is for diesel engines mostly, you can see its api rating x7 is API SN (petrol) and x7000 is API CI-4 (diesel) though can be used in petrol engines also but not recommended at all. x7 is better out of these two.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    lashari802's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Layyah
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    x7 is way better, x7000 is for diesel engines mostly, you can see its api rating x7 is API SN (petrol) and x7000 is API CI-4 (diesel) though can be used in petrol engines also but not recommended at all. x7 is better out of these two.
    Ok bro thnku

    Sent from my GT-I9300I using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •