Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Please give some tips to buy nice Gli upto 2014

Salam PW friends,

i want to buy a Gli upto 2014 dont have much experience in buying used cars and ofcourse cant afford carsure certification spree. My modest budget cap is14.5lacs.
    Prefrences are isb registeration low milage, maintenance free and good expected resale.
    Previously in 2012 had bad experience with buying a pathetic civic (on recommendation of auto mechanic) and due to loss in that civic i had to endure a cultus for whole 3 years.

I hope there would be some farishta who can help me out this time.

looking forward to positive response. Thanks guys for patient reading.

Hearts are prettier than faces.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Umar1980 View Post
    Salam PW friends,

i want to buy a Gli upto 2014 dont have much experience in buying used cars and ofcourse cant afford carsure certification spree. My modest budget cap is14.5lacs.
    Prefrences are isb registeration low milage, maintenance free and good expected resale.
    Previously in 2012 had bad experience with buying a pathetic civic (on recommendation of auto mechanic) and due to loss in that civic i had to endure a cultus for whole 3 years.

I hope there would be some farishta who can help me out this time.

looking forward to positive response. Thanks guys for patient reading.

Mate its not easy to buy a used car in Pakistan until and unless you are really expert at few things ... People here will lie to your face.. Will dcieve you and for a naive person like you ...you will end up buying something that you never wanted at first place ... For buying used cars you have to have atleast a beginner knowledge on things like paint , engine condition , suspension etc ...
    I have been in your shoes I started looking for Honda city 2008 but seeing conditions of these cars only made me to increase my budget for a city or corolla ranging from 2012 to onward models but even after 3 months I still am not able to find out a car ...
    Reason being I too am pretty much naive when it comes to buying cars ...and I don't trust dealers ...
    Every Sunday and even sometimes 3 times a week I had to take few people along with me ... And even After so much of hard work And the seller swearing about car's originality still when I used to take my mechanic for inspection... Cars used to be either painted ...accidented or mechanically in pathetic condition ...luckily in my case my mechanic is a pro in these things ...

Long story short after so much of effort I have finally given up and now I am booking new corolla ... I would suggest if you can add up a few more lacs you can go with new city or corolla or you can finance it through some bank if you dont have any issues with it ... You can use this amount for down payment ...its a significant amount ...

Rest if you still want to buy a used car ... Prepare yourself for a long ride ...as finding good car requires effort and time else you will end up buying something not worth it

BTW at your budget ...in this budget you can't get a 2014 Gli .. But you can get a good 2011- 2012 Gli in this range

If you still want to buy a used car then check out Sunday news paper ... Sunday news papers have the most serious sellers ... And then obviously pakwheels ... Look out for cars with car sure reports

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks alot bro @mani2020 your advice is genuine i cant add more to my budget and want a corrolla only due rural background where i have to visit.
    About model i am not specific i saw some very good condition 2009 Corrollas in my office parking.
    nutshell i am destined to take risk that i cant afford. lol
    can you please refer me ur mechanic if he is around islamabad west location.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks alot bro @mani2020 your advice is genuine i cant add more to my budget and want a corrolla only due rural background where i have to visit.
    About model i am not specific i saw some very good condition 2009 Corrollas in my office parking.
    nutshell i am destined to take risk that i cant afford. lol
    can you please refer me ur mechanic if he is around islamabad west location.

Bro I am in Lahore ... If you would have been in Lahore I would have definitely guided you ... Don't know anyone in Islamabad ...
    And yes about car's condition it doesn't only depend upon the model but how it has been used ... I have seen 2005 cars in way better conditions than their 2012 counterparts

If you are looking for corolla ...be assure that you arn't buying one driven on rent ...

Recently one of my friend bought a 2009 corolla Xli which wasn't even converted to power windows etc in 11 lacs 20 thousand ... Car has just one rear fender paint that too half rest is total genuine ...and 85k kms driven with alloy rims And new tyres ...just to give you an idea ... Islamabad market will be costlier as compared to Lahore ... Besides Gli will also be expensive as it has added features

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani2020 indeed Lahore is a heaven for car buying... taking advantage of ur cooperation i share with u that i have three cars in my mind(condition is as owner says);
    1- A Gli 2013 black in color bumpers painted asking price 15:70
    2- A Gli 2012 A/T red wine color three pieces painted left rear fender, rear door and boot, asking price 160 but seems he would lock at 15
    3- An Altis 2006 manual all original except rear bumper asking 10:90.

now based on above which one shall i go for mechanic inspection.

thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani2020 indeed Lahore is a heaven for car buying... taking advantage of ur cooperation i share with u that i have three cars in my mind(condition is as owner says);
    1- A Gli 2013 black in color bumpers painted asking price 15:70
    2- A Gli 2012 A/T red wine color three pieces painted left rear fender, rear door and boot, asking price 160 but seems he would lock at 15
    3- An Altis 2006 manual all original except rear bumper asking 10:90.

now based on above which one shall i go for mechanic inspection.

thanks

2nd one shouldn't even be considered ... He is asking for too much considering 3 pieces are painted ... Boot/trunk paint is quite fishy ...as mostly its because of accident or significant hit from rear ...

2006 is way too older ..depends if you want to keep it for long term or short term ...I won't recommend if you are thinking of keeping it for more than 2 years until and unless the car is in lush condition ...

Option one looks relatively better ...but the asking price is a above than what it should be ...but again considering its Islamabad ... and the car is in genuine condition (if it really is) you can check this one out ...
    Varies from person to person and car to car but usually on this class of cars ... U can bargain for around 40- 50k at max if car is in really good condition

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani2020 now now i really wish u were in Islamabad...genuinly thankful.

provided that i check out the car at option 1 and it turns out to be as claimed than what should be starting offer which wont offend the seller and wont land me into expensive deal either.

you indicated correctly, this time i plan to keep the car for 5 plus years, InshaAllah.

one thing more to what extent and where on the body touching/repaint is tolerable.
    what are signs of accidental car ?

Can you Inbox me your contact numbers, enabling me to take ur advice, only if you are comfortable with it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani2020 now now i really wish u were in Islamabad...genuinly thankful.

provided that i check out the car at option 1 and it turns out to be as claimed than what should be starting offer which wont offend the seller and wont land me into expensive deal either.

you indicated correctly, this time i plan to keep the car for 5 plus years, InshaAllah.

one thing more to what extent and where on the body touching/repaint is tolerable.
    what are signs of accidental car ?

Can you Inbox me your contact numbers, enabling me to take ur advice, only if you are comfortable with it.

No issues mate ...

For starting price if you don't have much knowledge of car prices then first thing you should check out is the prices of cars in Islamabad with almost same condition and take out an avg ... I have heard and experienced that Islamabad market is a bit expensive but don't know the exact condition bow a days ...if it would have been Lahore I would have definitely guided you better ...

For this car if your mechanic gives you go ahead And it really is as the person is claiming then you should discuss with your mechanic about what to offer ...usually mechanics have some idea ... My rough estimate would be starting of with 1470 and settling somewhere a bit above ... After you initial offer don't go for significant price jumps during negotiations or bargaining ... Use smaller jumps such as 5k or so ... I have learned it from dealers that's the way they do Lol another thing is never praise a car in front of seller Lol another dealer thingy ...they will aLyways make you feel there are some issues ...that helps them in bargaining ...

Regarding paint there are two things
    1- shower/spray
    2- paint (with filling)

First one doesnt involve any filling ...its only because there were some scratches or minor issues on body and to cover those the car was sprayed
    2nd one involves dents or accidents ...

Both effect car resale negatively ...2nd one has more impact ...

Regarding whether its paint or not your denter can tell you ...if you don't have any denter ...take somenone on. Temporary basis and pay him for his service ...

To look whether a car is accidented or not you have to check door seals ... Bonnet seals ... Trunk seals and pillars ... Car pillars ... Fuel tank cover area ... Floor (in case floor is hit from beneath) and the things which are in bonnet And trunk and in local mechanic language they call it "hoday" I guess ...

One way to know how rough car is used meter has been tempered or not is to check the edges of steering ... It will give some idea

OK I will inbox you my number... Right now I am using cell phone so I am not able to inbox you ...will do that as soon as I will login from laptop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

agar ap ne new gari le li aur kuch **** bad ap ka be fender paint ho gai jesa ke gandi traffic he paki roads ki to kia kre ge....

phr bechay ge kese...ese hi jese abi log ap ko bech rai hen....

ye to esa hi he jese ke log khe ganja rehna behtr he baal ugane se, ku ke baal ugane se ganj genuine nahi rehti....bahi

lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

U will not get good deal in 14.5 but if u increase it around 15.5 then u ll be able to find low mileage less than 50k 2012 gli in isb. U need to carry survey to get feel of cars in market then take a reliable person who has some idea.
    Dont be too cynical else u would not be able to find any car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for sparing time to reply @sohailahmed & @jklodhi

my problem is not with paint or touchup rather its about integrity of a seller if he conceals touchup who knows his car is accidented. while i am not very handy with technical side i want to buy a maintained vehicle.

Update is that i visited I&T center and a friendly mechanic was more than willing to help(unexpectedly). we begun mission 'car hunt' market was almost closed due to proximity of eid but we inspected three very good cars , recommended by my aide.

1- GLI 2013 black seller was asking 15:70 i offered 14:75 expecting that he would enter a bargain but he got offended and said if my budget was low why did i take try of his car. i apologized. interaction over.

2- Gli 2013 White seller asked 15:50 i offered 14:85 than 15 and lastly 15:20 he said he wont even sell in 15:45. lol i could stretch further.

3- Toyota Axio 2007/2013 White immaculate condition i loved this ride excpet for those blemishes on dash board (holes and torn fabric, the seller explained it is common among axios) He demanded 16:25 i offered 15:50 but again he asked me to increase that i couldnt as i already significantly exceeded the budget.

The end result is no success.

During this endeavor, in a showroom at G-8 i saw another white Axio isb number white color he mentioned final price at 14:60 only couple of pieces showered. My mechanic recommended the car with vehemence but by looking at car it felt as if its very roughly used and it spoke maltreatment. Anyhow double minded about it.

❤️❤️❤️

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother please always when buying, never listen to any Mr XYZ...I bought a 2007 Manual Oriel Reborn in 2011...my brother was posted in Karachi, as I was in Australia and wanted a car for myself in Pakistan, asked him to find one for me...my brother had no experience buying cars, he bought a brand new 2006 corolla and then a 2011 corolla...I am from Lahore but never bothered about a Karachi registered car...anyways, long story short, he bought the car after consulting with his "very dear" friend who was in the business of buying and selling cars....initially it felt like a good deal but upon my arrival in Pakistan, I started finding the horrors that were hiding....meter reversed, steering arm/rod was replaced by a corolla one, power steering stuffed after 2 months, radiator choked.....all in all I ended up spending about 60K rs fixing everything up with genuine parts....car did not gave me any problem for the rest of the 3 years that I owned it, only oil change expanse and that's it.....moral of the story, go with what you feel about the car, if in doubt, walk away

Now coming to your Corolla options, always go for a well maintained car that has been well looked after...your paying extra now will help you in future....as an example...in 2014 was selling my brother 2011 (pre facelift) GLi.....all original, 26K kms and no scratches....was asking 14.75 for it.....everyone who called or came to visit said you are asking more than market....was able to sell it at 14.5...more than market but the car was like new....I own a 2013 October model GLi 7500 kms driven (yes no typo) and all original.....have offers of 16 lakh but not in a mood to sell.....you will think 16 as insane but the car is like brand new....have an ad for my brothers 2011 GLi Islamabad registered...you can see it in the for sale threads, but the kms are a bit high....you can have a look at it.....its throughout Toyota maintained....not promoting anything but only suggesting to always go for well maintained cars
    we ride together......we die together.......BAD BOYS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umarsaryar thanks for guidance...after hectic effort i had to give up bcz holidays are over & my workplace demands priority.
    Made up mind of buying a brand new GLI after some more time and as interim arrangement purchasing a vitz 2007/2013 1300CC genuine Isb Registered...never had such car earlier but anything to relegate cultus i reckon. 😋

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List