Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 1974 Corolla KE35 project

Hi,
    I am in process of my first ever project of my first ever car 1974 Corolla (2door) Project. So far I have done with mechanic work n installed 2.0L VVTI BEAMS 7 gear (6 fwd, 1 Rev). But I am still unfinished with denting, paint, interior, n especially rims.

- So plz guide me in paint coz I m looking fwd to go for BAKE PAINT with ZERO DENTING (no potien at all)
    - And extra safety measures coz I have changed the engine from 1.2 to 2.0L, what precautions should I take for safety purposes?.and I have changed the rear tube into LSD (Lift Supply Diffrential) which supply power to both rear tyres rather then in one tyre(stock)
    - I have to buy rims as well, local community recommend me to visit PESHAWAR before buying rims from Rawalpindi/Islamabad. To have an idea about the price and variety of rims and tyres.
    - Any guide lines or recommendation from u guys are welcome and I appreciate allot ur concerns and WE CAN GO FOR SPIN TOGETHER ON MY CAR COMPLETION

M.M.Alam

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam brother
    LSD is limited slip differential.
    market is full of cheap chinese rims so try and get youtself some lightweight branded rims with ghe right offset. note offset it is very important otherwise your steering and suspension geometry will be thrown out of window.
    you need bigger better brakes for the increased power and weight so go for some disc brake setup from a later model corolla.
    its an old car and with increased power the chasis would be under a lot more stress so try and get some reinforcement done.
    bodywork wise i dnt know where you located so cant say much apart from you would have to supervise it very closely.

Sent from my SM-G920F using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post some pics....
    The first step towards knowledge is to know that WE are IGNORANT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

waslaam sufian bhai

i m really happy to see your concerned reply.

yes exactly, i have searched the market and found that market is full of chinese rims plus rufurbished damaged rims. even i visited the place in SULTAN KA KHOOH, only person who is famous in rims alteration and repairing. the main issue is that my car is rear wheel drive and can only fit 114 pcd rims. and its really difficult to find 114 pcd rims variety. s do u think it is worth to visit peshawar SHOBEY MARKET and czn find some imported rims from there ?

regarding safety measures, foundation i used for BEAMS engine in my car is from PRADO with thick aletration plates and my engine level is perfect as it gives me minimum sound and vibration. and there will be two RODS, one in engine bay between both front springs and 2nd one behind the rear seat between both shocks next to the kamanis.

Chasis is in good condition, the car i bought was single owner n he refused me 3 times and i promised him that i wont sell his car then he agreed to sell me his car.so the chasis and most of the body including ROOF is rustless.

i m located in rawalpindi and my mechanic is in G 10 and final touches from electrician, then my car will go for denting, till then i will drive this car with single seat and try to find any issues while driving, accelration, handling and braking (plus i will buy rims in this process) so i can fix the prob before paint on my car. then i will dismental everything including engine, then paint with zero denting, after that i will go for last part poshish and interior, as my interior is fully complete and i got everything in stock position.

do you recommend should i go for power steering, electrical / hydrolic, or manual non hydrolic ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

slaam hassan

i would love to share pictures with you guys. give me some time so i can gather them up and upload them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good luck with the build. waiting for the pictures. About the steering , if you're a guy who love's doing drifting,powerslide's etc and love to feel the road with your bare hand's then a manual normal steering will be better , if you aren't into performance and raw stuff and just want to cruise with putting minimal effort in steering your car , and you don't want the raw feeling of the road to car connection then your better off with the powered steering.
    Horsepower is how Fast you hit the wall ,
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alamzzz View Post
    slaam hassan

i would love to share pictures with you guys. give me some time so i can gather them up and upload them.
    Wailaikum Assalam
    Arranging parts will be an headache.
    Install bars to strengthen the chassis as you swap a beams which spools ~200hp so make chassis stronger to handle such power and upgrade brakes to stop it after that Acceleration.
    Keep chassis stiffness and bigger brakes your first concern
    I'm also restoring my cheyasi which needs a proper chassis stiffness, i'm also gonna work the same as i told you and as many experts suggest me.
    Install Hollow rims about 8jj or 7jj to make it wide
    Waiting for Pics
    BEST OF LUCK

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

waslaam sufian bhai

yes exactly, i have searched the market and found that market is full of chinese rims plus rufurbished damaged rims. even i visited the place in SULTAN KA KHOOH, only person who is famous in rims alteration and repairing. the main issue is that my car is rear wheel drive and can only fit 114 pcd rims. and its really difficult to find 114 pcd rims variety. s do u think it is worth to visit peshawar SHOBEY MARKET and czn find some imported rims from there ?

regarding safety measures, foundation i used for BEAMS engine in my car is from PRADO with thick aletration plates and my engine level is perfect as it gives me minimum sound and vibration. and there will be two RODS, one in engine bay between both front springs and 2nd one behind the rear seat between both shocks next to the kamanis.

Chasis is in good condition, the car i bought was single owner n he refused me 3 times and i promised him that i wont sell his car then he agreed to sell me his car.so the chasis and most of the body including ROOF is rustless.

i m located in rawalpindi and my mechanic is in G 10 and final touches from electrician, then my car will go for denting, till then i will drive this car with single seat and try to find any issues while driving, accelration, handling and braking (plus i will buy rims in this process) so i can fix the prob before paint on my car. then i will dismental everything including engine, then paint with zero denting, after that i will go for last part poshish and interior, as my interior is fully complete and i got everything in stock position.

do you recommend should i go for power steering, electrical / hydrolic, or manual non hydrolic ?
    the bars you are referring to are called strut bars besides that you can also do seam welding to strengthen the chasis even more but only do that if you want to use the car for drifting racing track etc.
    you van go to shoba for your alloys you would probably have more options there i cant say much about that. now regarding the alloys and pcd you have a few scenarios here as i said you would need to upgrade your braking system so how about getting a hub from a later model car with a different pcd tgen your problem will be resolved. or you have the option of hub spacers or adapters they can be used to change the pcd as well.
    and coming to the steering i would leave it as is for the best road feel plus if your suspension geometry is right and you have the correct offset wheels with the right tyre pressure it should be absolutely fine.
    waslaam sufian bhai

Sent from my SM-G920F using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam mishaq, Hassan & Sufian

Thanks for ur reply guys, I appreciate allot all of u and ur interest, I will upload pics in afternoon from my office inshallah.

Yes of course I will try to burn my tyres on swift corners and long drag And I tried to change my Pcd from 114 to 100 but there was an issue in fixing the springs coz I don't want to do alteration in body regarding shocks n springs in side engine bay. But I will defy go for hollow/deep dish rims coz I m gonna alter the wings/fenders and both rear tyres with extra body kit on tyres from 2.5 - 3 inch from both side. Which will increase the width and grip along with hollow rims.

I will share my uptodate pix and want to share video of first engine kick in after installation but I don't think I can share video here with you guys.

Where do u guys belong to any one from Rawalpindi? We can meet at one place at garage to see the car physically and might u guys can give me a better advice rather then on forum I would love to see u guys, and drinks on me lol

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam mishaq, Hassan & Sufian

Thanks for ur reply guys, I appreciate allot all of u and ur interest, I will upload pics in afternoon from my office inshallah.

Yes of course I will try to burn my tyres on swift corners and long drag And I tried to change my Pcd from 114 to 100 but there was an issue in fixing the springs coz I don't want to do alteration in body regarding shocks n springs in side engine bay. But I will defy go for hollow/deep dish rims coz I m gonna alter the wings/fenders and both rear tyres with extra body kit on tyres from 2.5 - 3 inch from both side. Which will increase the width and grip along with hollow rims.

I will share my uptodate pix and want to share video of first engine kick in after installation but I don't think I can share video here with you guys.

Where do u guys belong to any one from Rawalpindi? We can meet at one place at garage to see the car physically and might u guys can give me a better advice rather then on forum I would love to see u guys, and drinks on me lol
    WAILAIKUM ASSALAM
    My luck I'm from Lahore otherwise I definitely comes at your place to see you beauty
    You can share video....first upload to YouTube then send us link
    We will love to see Beams in Ke 35.
    When you change the disc rotarys hub you also had to change the shocks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1974 Corolla KE35 project -1701827

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1974 Corolla KE35 project -1701828

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1974 Corolla KE35 project -1701829

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1974 Corolla KE35 project -1701830

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear all,

First one is the current picture of the car, with BIG tyres of Pajero, but i will find a rim like that inshallah
    and i will upload my engine pictures and videos v soon inshallah

and i will upload the pic the i want to be inshallah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try to contact spectra. I think he restored his corolla ( don't remember was it 74 or 76). He is also from Islamabad. But he restored it to original specs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello Omar,

Thanks for your reply, how can i find SPECTRA ? do u have any contact details ???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here are the links of my engine start for the first time.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oeqaLV2HeU (11 Sec)

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx4u9VA-7Lo (56 Sec)

plz do share your thoughts

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

post more pics if possible
    I saw the video kindly get the radiator pipe replaced its not the right pipe already has a kink in it.

If i was you i will lower the car for sure,and get the suspension sorted out .this will give the car more stability.
    get all the error codes removed before anything .Even if the error is small and the electrician and mechanic says its not a big deal GET IT SORTED
    have had a bad experience with 3sefe because of this issue
    :a

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello Bravo,
    yes for sure i will share some more pics, but i need to gether them up first. but i will inshallah

i want to lower the car but due to big jumps(breakers) in our country can damage the car. inshallah i will sort out the suspension and the radiator pipe.

mechanics and alll labour related to car renovation are bloody robbers. they rip you off when ever they want to. this is my first and last time with them. next project will be on my own inshallah at my own place. my garage is in process and will do it by myself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List