Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 1974 Corolla KE35 project

Hi,
    I am in process of my first ever project of my first ever car 1974 Corolla (2door) Project. So far I have done with mechanic work n installed 2.0L VVTI BEAMS 7 gear (6 fwd, 1 Rev). But I am still unfinished with denting, paint, interior, n especially rims.

- So plz guide me in paint coz I m looking fwd to go for BAKE PAINT with ZERO DENTING (no potien at all)
    - And extra safety measures coz I have changed the engine from 1.2 to 2.0L, what precautions should I take for safety purposes?.and I have changed the rear tube into LSD (Lift Supply Diffrential) which supply power to both rear tyres rather then in one tyre(stock)
    - I have to buy rims as well, local community recommend me to visit PESHAWAR before buying rims from Rawalpindi/Islamabad. To have an idea about the price and variety of rims and tyres.
    - Any guide lines or recommendation from u guys are welcome and I appreciate allot ur concerns and WE CAN GO FOR SPIN TOGETHER ON MY CAR COMPLETION

M.M.Alam

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    You Can Look For KE70/XT130 Suspension/Brakes Stuff And Use Them....It Should Match With KE35..You Need To Look For Them And Make SOme Alters To Fit And Work....

Goo.d Luck With That
    Slam sir @ser_gre
    I have spoken to my mechanic about the suspension n brakes u told me. But he said we will go for Cressida one which will be easy compatible with my car.

Is he right? What would you suggest on this ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sufian_noshad View Post
    salam alamzzz
    sorry bro could not reply over the last couple of days. thank you for the offer to meet up. i am from rawalpindi but out of station at the moment.
    dnt just look for deep dish wheels try scoring some period correct jdm wheels like watanabe ssr etc.

Sent from my SM-G920F using PW Forums mobile app
    Slam Sufian,

It's ok brother not an issue yes for sure we will meet up and will visit the car, u might be able to give me a good advice on ur physical presence.

For sure I will keep ur advice in mind, which can help me in good road grip n shape

And inshallah I will meet u on ur arrival to Rawalpindi.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alamzzz View Post
    Slam Hassan,
    Thank u so much for this big favour, at least it could help me in market price difference.

Uptil so far the things I m looking for are as follow:

1 - Window Mirror passenger side with shape of " ) "

2 - Side rear view mirrors ( as u can see in the car pics above, which fit on the side of engine hood)

3 - rear brake lights (as mine was already broken when I bought )

4 - as sir @SER_GTR recommend me KE70/XT130 suspensions/ brakes (what is the best way to check them ? And from where I can buy it easily Rawalpindi/Lahore/Peshawar ?

I have long list don't want to disturb ur life coz of me n my project. This will be more then enough for me

If u need anything from my side as a brother plz don't hesitate to ask me on first place

Thanks again brother
    Don't mention it brother
    For brakes and suspension I will say peshawar will be a better place but I will search for them and Brother can you send me some reference pics of side mirrors it would be good.
    Don't bother brother just tell me the things you need know no problem at all,I'm free now a days and as I told you before my corolla is also in restoring process to "ma khajal khavar hota rehta hon specially bilal gunj ma"
    And Brother you didn't tell me your requirements for rims,I had talk to my friend may we can find some hollow rims.
    The first step towards knowledge is to know that WE are IGNORANT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Slam sir @ser_gre
    I have spoken to my mechanic about the suspension n brakes u told me. But he said we will go for Cressida one which will be easy compatible with my car.

Is he right? What would you suggest on this ?
    I Doubt That Will Be Easily Compatible Compared To KE70/XT130..It Will Be Much More Diff As Cressida Is Much More Bigger....It Won't Be Easy Fit I Guess....And May Need Too Much Alters

Do Your Homework And Research Before Going For It....
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@alamzzz brother I visited bilal gunj
    Sorry but can't find any side mirrors of 74 corolla.Side mirrors shopkeeper are saying "uska side mirror aata hi nae alteration kr ka dala hota haien" I said him koe arrange nae ho jaien gy he said No......while mirrors on the hood are universal type means any can be fit.
    For suspension ke70 corolla back hub cost 7k and corona 4k whereas I told him about what we are upto so he recommended corona and they are also less expensive then Ke70 corolla
    Both fits in same way means neither corolla nor corona hubs needs much alteration to fit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam mishaq, Hassan & Sufian

Thanks for ur reply guys, I appreciate allot all of u and ur interest, I will upload pics in afternoon from my office inshallah.

Yes of course I will try to burn my tyres on swift corners and long drag And I tried to change my Pcd from 114 to 100 but there was an issue in fixing the springs coz I don't want to do alteration in body regarding shocks n springs in side engine bay. But I will defy go for hollow/deep dish rims coz I m gonna alter the wings/fenders and both rear tyres with extra body kit on tyres from 2.5 - 3 inch from both side. Which will increase the width and grip along with hollow rims.

I will share my uptodate pix and want to share video of first engine kick in after installation but I don't think I can share video here with you guys.

Where do u guys belong to any one from Rawalpindi? We can meet at one place at garage to see the car physically and might u guys can give me a better advice rather then on forum I would love to see u guys, and drinks on me lol
    Hey bro sorry for the late reply, no problem man, i don't have any practical experience with Toyota engine swaps but will try to share whatever knowledge i've gained from the internet and various forums with you. . Yes i do live in rawalpindi , would love to see your car in person , im also on a chase after mechanics and parts nowadays for my vw (rebuilding it) so will surely visit you as im in pindi most of the time. Though P.m me the location. Rest pindi is a great place to get japanese classic rim's . I myself have sourced a set of hollow Rs Watanabes and SSR mesh both from rawalpindi so dont lose hope, a great set might by lying somewhere in a corner. Go for bigger brakes may it be cressida's or ke70's. Although the cressida brakes ive seen people use with 1jz,v8 setups in pakistan. What car did you get your LSD from?
    Horsepower is how Fast you hit the wall ,
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yara this build so far is fantastic. It's almost making me want to go out and start a project I've been thinking about for a while.

This is fantastic. Man make this car yours. Alter things while keeping to the original as much as possible. That's what I'd do. It should be a wonderful ride.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    I Doubt That Will Be Easily Compatible Compared To KE70/XT130..It Will Be Much More Diff As Cressida Is Much More Bigger....It Won't Be Easy Fit I Guess....And May Need Too Much Alters

Do Your Homework And Research Before Going For It....
    slaam,

sorry for late reply, i was out of town. just spoke to my mechanic and he told me he will see and check KE 70 first if the fit well we will go for that. inshallah

thanks again for your help. still if i need help i will ask your assistance

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan1991 View Post
    @alamzzz brother I visited bilal gunj
    Sorry but can't find any side mirrors of 74 corolla.Side mirrors shopkeeper are saying "uska side mirror aata hi nae alteration kr ka dala hota haien" I said him koe arrange nae ho jaien gy he said No......while mirrors on the hood are universal type means any can be fit.
    For suspension ke70 corolla back hub cost 7k and corona 4k whereas I told him about what we are upto so he recommended corona and they are also less expensive then Ke70 corolla
    Both fits in same way means neither corolla nor corona hubs needs much alteration to fit
    slaam hassan,

sorry for late reply bro, i was out of town. Thank you so much for your help, i will visit my local SULTAN KA KHOOH n MITHOO KHAN KA AHAATA to check the prices of same KE70 and corona back hubs. so i can easily replace the hub with those models with out any alteration ?

is there any possibility can i change my hubs to disc brakes at rear ???

and my rims, i would like to go for simple deepdish/hollow rims.

if you could text me with your name on my no 0333-5275278 whatsapp or text message, i will send you some more sample pix for rims which i have already searched for.

and hassan thank u again for your help

May ALLAH HELP YOU IN EVERY MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE AMEEN

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mishaqkhan1 View Post
    Hey bro sorry for the late reply, no problem man, i don't have any practical experience with Toyota engine swaps but will try to share whatever knowledge i've gained from the internet and various forums with you. . Yes i do live in rawalpindi , would love to see your car in person , im also on a chase after mechanics and parts nowadays for my vw (rebuilding it) so will surely visit you as im in pindi most of the time. Though P.m me the location. Rest pindi is a great place to get japanese classic rim's . I myself have sourced a set of hollow Rs Watanabes and SSR mesh both from rawalpindi so dont lose hope, a great set might by lying somewhere in a corner. Go for bigger brakes may it be cressida's or ke70's. Although the cressida brakes ive seen people use with 1jz,v8 setups in pakistan. What car did you get your LSD from?
    slaam mishaq,

its ok, i was out of town aswell from last weekend. yes for sure we will go together and discuss the project.

VW BEETLE is the first car i want to go for project, but people told me not to go for that car coz u wont be able to find the parts of this car which made me to back off from this car. and i would love to c your car and had soo many ideas at that time to do with beetle. and this is one of my favourite car as nothing is famous as beetle made his market since 1960s.

i have searched every place in pindi but unfortunately couldnt find anything catchy which suits with my car. but still i would love to know if you can help me out in this aswell.

and about LSD, i didnt buy LSD, my mechanic made my rear tube and convert this in to LSD, bhut didnt drove my car yet. i hope he did his physics rite and would get the results on driving.

my car is in G10, and if you can share your cell no with me so i will give u call and we will go together to that place, inshallah

and thanks again for helping me out and for your sincere advices

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yankmyyoda View Post
    Yara this build so far is fantastic. It's almost making me want to go out and start a project I've been thinking about for a while.

This is fantastic. Man make this car yours. Alter things while keeping to the original as much as possible. That's what I'd do. It should be a wonderful ride.

thanks for your reply,

yes inshallah i will make my dream car and what car project u r thinking about ? may be we could share some good ideas with and i can discuss with my mechanic as well about your car.

please keep posted so we can help each other

thanks again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

slaam hassan,

sorry for late reply bro, i was out of town. Thank you so much for your help, i will visit my local SULTAN KA KHOOH n MITHOO KHAN KA AHAATA to check the prices of same KE70 and corona back hubs. so i can easily replace the hub with those models with out any alteration ?

is there any possibility can i change my hubs to disc brakes at rear ???

and my rims, i would like to go for simple deepdish/hollow rims.

if you could text me with your name on my no 0333-5275278 whatsapp or text message, i will send you some more sample pix for rims which i have already searched for.

and hassan thank u again for your help

May ALLAH HELP YOU IN EVERY MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE AMEEN
    As I said not to mention brother.
    I think alteration is needed but very little and as Sir gtr suggest to me not to go for 4 wheels disc's because it needs a lot of work,modifications and 4 wheels disc's without ABS are dangerous too.
    Message sended.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

slaam mishaq,

its ok, i was out of town aswell from last weekend. yes for sure we will go together and discuss the project.

VW BEETLE is the first car i want to go for project, but people told me not to go for that car coz u wont be able to find the parts of this car which made me to back off from this car. and i would love to c your car and had soo many ideas at that time to do with beetle. and this is one of my favourite car as nothing is famous as beetle made his market since 1960s.

i have searched every place in pindi but unfortunately couldnt find anything catchy which suits with my car. but still i would love to know if you can help me out in this aswell.

and about LSD, i didnt buy LSD, my mechanic made my rear tube and convert this in to LSD, bhut didnt drove my car yet. i hope he did his physics rite and would get the results on driving.

my car is in G10, and if you can share your cell no with me so i will give u call and we will go together to that place, inshallah

and thanks again for helping me out and for your sincere advices
    Anytime brother . Yes , vw beetle was and is one of my dream build's , i have a 66' which is my fav' of all beetles .yes the parts are hard to source , but regardless these are strong and wonderfull car's. ke-35 coupe is also on my list and could be the next project but the only thing that's stopping me is "Will it handle 1uzfe v8" and will later model strong suspension's and brakes fit (e-g cressidas and hilux lsd diff's) i think it might handle it and fit but need some expert to give me some advice regarding it . regarding wheel's i'll see if something comes up ill surely let you know (check "performance parts" page on facebook) they have some nice deep wheels for sale also theirs another shop in rwp who has 9-10inch wide jeep star rims which are pretty bad *** and ide suggest you go with them. Have you checked the wheel shops in saddar near the stereo shops? . Sure man ill p.m you my number . also do let me know if you have any kind of project 2-door/coupes in sight for sale (celicas,mark2 etc etc).
    Regard's .
    Horsepower is how Fast you hit the wall ,
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mishaqkhan1 View Post
    Anytime brother . Yes , vw beetle was and is one of my dream build's , i have a 66' which is my fav' of all beetles .yes the parts are hard to source , but regardless these are strong and wonderfull car's. ke-35 coupe is also on my list and could be the next project but the only thing that's stopping me is "Will it handle 1uzfe v8" and will later model strong suspension's and brakes fit (e-g cressidas and hilux lsd diff's) i think it might handle it and fit but need some expert to give me some advice regarding it . regarding wheel's i'll see if something comes up ill surely let you know (check "performance parts" page on facebook) they have some nice deep wheels for sale also theirs another shop in rwp who has 9-10inch wide jeep star rims which are pretty bad *** and ide suggest you go with them. Have you checked the wheel shops in saddar near the stereo shops? . Sure man ill p.m you my number . also do let me know if you have any kind of project 2-door/coupes in sight for sale (celicas,mark2 etc etc).
    Regard's .
    yes brother i will inshallah, i will call you and we will meet up at garage, can u please p.m me your no so i will catch up with u on the day i m visitng my car, most probably it would be on weekend. will u be available on weekend ?

n i searched for so many cars when i was looking for project, but its really hard to find KE35, but u can make good road machine on mark 2, coz the engine bay got extra space and u can easily make that car a beast.

but its really hard to find 2 door cars/coupe in pakistan. but dont worry when we meet i will share some ideas with u, i have some plans.

do PM me your cell no, as i m new on this site and dont know how to PM to someone, thanks again for your reply and concern inshallah ALLAH PAK will help those who help each others

safe !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think alteration is needed but very little and as Sir gtr suggest to me not to go for 4 wheels disc's because it needs a lot of work,modifications and 4 wheels disc's without ABS are dangerous too.
    Message sended.
    Slaam Hassan,

nice to c u on the other side of the forum as a brother as a friend inshallah i will keep that in mind and will go for you advice.

thanks again, i will be in touch with you. plz do let me know when ever u had a chance to rawalpindi and islamabad.

thanks again bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Slaam Hassan,

nice to c u on the other side of the forum as a brother as a friend inshallah i will keep that in mind and will go for you advice.

thanks again, i will be in touch with you. plz do let me know when ever u had a chance to rawalpindi and islamabad.

thanks again bro
    Wailaikum Assalam
    Sure brother
    but just do one little thing for me......that keep your car away from big bumpers lips and big body kits make it simple and clean like this one......it would be so grateful for me
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Message sended.
    Can you enlist the modifications which are required for 4 wheel disc brakes? As I am also planning to go for 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You need proportional valves,pipe lines,discs that fits on rear it needs a lot of work.
    Further @SER_GTR sir can guide you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You need proportional valves,pipe lines,discs that fits on rear it needs a lot of work.
    Further @SER_GTR sir can guide you
    @SER_GTR

Your help and guideline is required?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    Can you enlist the modifications which are required for 4 wheel disc brakes? As I am also planning to go for 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS.
    If You Find A Whole Complete Set Including Prop. Valve Line Set Hand Brake Cable And Complete Caliper Kit..Then Go For 4 Wheel Disc...Otherwise Avoid It And Upgrade Your Fronts With Better One... Half Available Stuff In 4 Wheel Discs Conversion Will Lead You Nowhere But Troubles....!

ABS Was Not Introduced In These Models So Better Avoid ABS Unless You Completely Have Uncut Set With Module And Wiring And Know How To Do It...
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List