Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default GLI 1.3 Auto vs Altis 1.6

Hi Everyone,

I have searched in the forum but couldn't find appropriate answer, so asking it now.

I own Honda City steermatic 1.5 2007 model and have decided to upgrade. My initial plan was to go for Honda City Aspire 1.5 Prosmatic but then I consulted with some experts and also did search, most of the people say that Toyota has very good suspension compared to City, more comfortable and does have even better handling at high speed. So I am thinking to go for Toyota instead.

My original plan was to go for GLI 1.3 automatic but then after checking the reviews, most of the people say that it is under powered and it will give you quite low fuel economy as compared to Altis 1.6. I'd like to know

1. is GLI 1.3 really under powered?
    2. What is the fuel economy of GLI within City and on long route?
    3. What is the fuel economy of Altis within City and on long route?
    4. Does GLI, Altis really offer more comfort and handling than City?
    5. Is it really worth going for Altis 1.6 instead of GLI?

Will look forward for the expert opinion.

Thanks,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xeeshanch View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have searched in the forum but couldn't find appropriate answer, so asking it now.

I own Honda City steermatic 1.5 2007 model and have decided to upgrade. My initial plan was to go for Honda City Aspire 1.5 Prosmatic but then I consulted with some experts and also did search, most of the people say that Toyota has very good suspension compared to City, more comfortable and does have even better handling at high speed. So I am thinking to go for Toyota instead.

My original plan was to go for GLI 1.3 automatic but then after checking the reviews, most of the people say that it is under powered and it will give you quite low fuel economy as compared to Altis 1.6. I'd like to know

1. is GLI 1.3 really under powered?
    2. What is the fuel economy of GLI within City and on long route?
    3. What is the fuel economy of Altis within City and on long route?
    4. Does GLI, Altis really offer more comfort and handling than City?
    5. Is it really worth going for Altis 1.6 instead of GLI?

Will look forward for the expert opinion.

Thanks,
    Of course Corolla is very comfortable as compared to city but 1.3 auto is not fuel efficient as city.
    Kindly mention you fuel consumption of 1.5 steermatic.

Now your answers

1- no gli 1.3 is not underpowered but will be little sluggish than Your 1.5 city.
    2- gli does 10-13 in city & 14-16 on long both with Ac.
    3- altis 1.6 fuel average is also the same.
    4-yes comfort is better & handling is also good but due to increased height speed beyond 140 km/h on stock tyres is not recommended.
    5- depends on you if budget allow go for 1.6 only difference is more power, alloy wheels & some other changes.

Note: As your r currently driving 1.5 so better to buy 1.6 because you will find 1.3 a bit slow but it is not underpowered & can go anywhere in Pakistan.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 399.ak View Post
    Of course Corolla is very comfortable as compared to city but 1.3 auto is not fuel efficient as city.
    Kindly mention you fuel consumption of 1.5 steermatic.

Now your answers

1- no gli 1.3 is not underpowered but will be little sluggish than Your 1.5 city.
    2- gli does 10-13 in city & 14-16 on long both with Ac.
    3- altis 1.6 fuel average is also the same.
    4-yes comfort is better & handling is also good but due to increased height speed beyond 140 km/h on stock tyres is not recommended.
    5- depends on you if budget allow go for 1.6 only difference is more power, alloy wheels & some other changes.

Note: As your r currently driving 1.5 so better to buy 1.6 because you will find 1.3 a bit slow but it is not underpowered & can go anywhere in Pakistan.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Thanks. Its giving 10-11 in City and 15-16 on long, both with AC. If there is a marginal difference between 1.3 and 1.6, then I guess I'd go with 1.3.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla have Good Suspension as compared to Aspire. Fuel Avg for A/T is 11Km/l and for M/T its 12Km/l both are for city driving and with Ac . But both are under power, 1.3L is only in pakistan . if your budget Allows 1.6 Altis . Go for it . Also you will get super white colour, Alloys & slightly better multimedia in 1.6 . Partial Chrome same as 1.3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1.6, but you will get it in December/Jan if you book today. This variant is now in more demand than Gli, Gli AT and Xli.

Here is everything you want to know about 1.6 Altis, my ex-ride

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/cor...tis-1-6-2015-a
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    1.6, but you will get it in December/Jan if you book today. This variant is now in more demand than Gli, Gli AT and Xli.

Here is everything you want to know about 1.6 Altis, my ex-ride

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/cor...tis-1-6-2015-a

That was the first post I read about Altis 1.6 and made me think to go for 1.6 instead By the way congrats. for Grande.

Yes, delivery time is an issue and I need ride urgently. Please let me know if someone selling 2015 model Altis 1.6 driven under 15k mileage. I might go for it instead if I can't get the zero meter in 2 months time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xeeshanch View Post
    That was the first post I read about Altis 1.6 and made me think to go for 1.6 instead By the way congrats. for Grande.

Yes, delivery time is an issue and I need ride urgently. Please let me know if someone selling 2015 model Altis 1.6 driven under 15k mileage. I might go for it instead if I can't get the zero meter in 2 months time.
    Thanks, I will let you know if I came to know about any, but it will be around 21 while invoice price for new is 1994000. Well if you can increase the budget a bit more (2194000) try to lay your hands on 1.8 Cvti Curisetronic. Much powerful, loaded with features, even better fuel economy than 1.6.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List