Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By cooldevil
  • 1 Post By Sarkaar
  • 1 Post By autophile
  • 1 Post By 440
  • 1 Post By dangtepau

Thread: New Corolla inspection guide, please beware of getting a faulty car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry New Corolla inspection guide, please beware of getting a faulty car.

I booked a Toyota Corolla Altis Grande on 4th June 2016NEW COROLLA INSPECTION GUIDE  Please beware of getting a faulty car -1704821NEW COROLLA INSPECTION GUIDE  Please beware of getting a faulty car -1704822NEW COROLLA INSPECTION GUIDE  Please beware of getting a faulty car -1704823NEW COROLLA INSPECTION GUIDE  Please beware of getting a faulty car -1704824NEW COROLLA INSPECTION GUIDE  Please beware of getting a faulty car -1704825NEW COROLLA INSPECTION GUIDE  Please beware of getting a faulty car -1704826NEW COROLLA INSPECTION GUIDE  Please beware of getting a faulty car -1704827NEW COROLLA INSPECTION GUIDE  Please beware of getting a faulty car -1704828NEW COROLLA INSPECTION GUIDE  Please beware of getting a faulty car -1704829 at Toyota Multan Motors. They promised to deliver the car in July, but i had made up my mind for a late delivery, and as expected, the car arrived in the first week of August. But nevermind, i get butthurt about a lot of things, getting a late delivery was capable of triggering me, but the shocks that came with the delivery were beyond the scope of my imagination.

As it is stressed upon countless times on Pakwheels forum that a person should inspect a car thoroughly before signing the delivery challan, i just want to point out a few things that you guys should do while receiving your "new" car so that you dont have to go through the anguish and mental dissatisfaction i went through.

First of all, on detailed inspection, i found some scratches on the paint on the front fender and the bumper. Also there was a prominent black line on one of the rims too. As soon as i pointed them out, they called for a guy who buffed these marks out with compound polish. I was pretty disappointed by that point. But i was mentally willing to cut Toyota some slack as these car travel a long distance on a freighter to be delivered here.

Secondly, on deeper inspection, i noticed that the 60/40 split in the rear seat wasnt completely aligned. One part of the split sat a couple inches (yes, INCHES) ahead of the other. So when i mentioned the flaw, they tried pushing it behind as much as they could. Eventually, they had to call another guy, who opened the trunk, took out all the trunk mats and readjusted them to their proper positions, making the seat problem go away. By this point i was pretty pissed off.

The real fairy-tale started when i half-heartedly signed the delivery papers and took the car for a spin. As every normal person does, i went to the nearest fuel station, got the tank topped up to its brim. When i turned on the car, the fuel gauge was still at the E position and the reserve light was ON. The range on the MID showed ZERO Kms. That was a surprise for me. There was definitely something wrong with the fuel sending unit. Is this how a person gets payed off after spending 25lacs of his hard earned money? What a shame toyota!

So ofcourse i went to the dealership on the following monday to get it fixed, to get a BRAND NEW car "fixed"... The only reason i bought a brand new car was to evade all the problems that might come with a used car... But little did i know! Sigh.

They counselled me a little that this is a normal thing, some cars get a faulty ecu or sometimes the plugs of the fuse box get loose. But i wasnt going to buy this bullcrap. I made sure to bring this issue into everyone's notice down the chain of command.

They connected an OBDII scanner, then the guy spent 15 minutes finding the correct option in the scanner menu but couldnt find it. When i intervened to tell him about where i thought the option would be, he refused to give me the device and argued that he knew where it was. Then he finally opened the option i told him about, he found the error that said "Fuel Sending Unit Fail" the mechanic then suddenly said "Oh sorry sir ap theek keh rahay thay." The joint was swarming with incompetent and under qualified blokes.

So after about 30 minutes of fiddling with the electrical terminals, they solved the issue and i was on my way with a very bad mood and half a mind to sell off the car only to book a Civic later.

For everyone who has booked a corolla, or is getting his corolla delivered in the upcoming months, please keep the following list of things in mind :
    1) ALWAYS do a complete inspection of the inside and outside of a car. Check for paint discrepancies, minor dents on body etc.
    2) ALWAYS asks for a complete OBDII diagnostic scan before signing the delivery papers. If there are any errors, get them fixed before you leave the dealership.

Below are a few pictures of the car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Feeling sorry for such a distasteful experience. Such QA checks should be performed while tsking delivery of all car brands.
    Hope you're enjoying the civic now.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    What goes around, comes around.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

these issues are quite normal here , but one should check these issues before taking delivery. civic have same issues aswell.

Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using PW Forums mobile app
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

feeling sad! better to opt for original auction sheet jdm! honda atlas cars are not the same as they were in early 2000 or till 2007! they also lack quality! civic x is a cheap plastic trolly with inferior parts quality! get urself a vezel or prius

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please stay calm and thank Allah that your car had some minor issues. I have owned Pakistan built cars since 1990 and every other car I bought be it Suzuki, Honda or Toyota, all of them had issues and some of them very serious. Below is just some thing which came to my mind and these are the issues which were with my vehicles which I bought and registered on my own name and have driven for at least about or mare than one and a half year: Leaky radiators, hoses, reservoir bottles, and coolant gaskets, faulty radiator caps, rusting body panels, leaking batteries, water in brake fluid, leaking ac condenser, wobbly wheels, mis-alignment in wheels, once Toyota forgot to install breather on differential which resulted in differential gear oil mixed with water (amazing thing is that nobody in Pakistan including Toyota itself stocks the breather, in my case it had to be imported from Dubai), leaky gear box seals, many electrical faults (there are too many to remember now), and many many more.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When toyota send car to dealership it is dealership responsibility to check everything before delivering it to the customer, unfortunately in your case car was not inspected by dealership otherwise they have fixed the issues already.

When i took the delivery from Toyota Western motors karachi, they showed me the sticker put by dealership which means car was checked completely at dealership. Otherwise there are too many things and a customer overwhelmed by the feeling of getting new car cannot critically check all the things, the first urge of a buyer is to drive away the car. So keep pushing the dealership if you face any issues, your car is in warranty and everything should be working fine
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ehalin View Post
    Please stay calm and thank Allah that your car had some minor issues. I have owned Pakistan built cars since 1990 and every other car I bought be it Suzuki, Honda or Toyota, all of them had issues and some of them very serious. Below is just some thing which came to my mind and these are the issues which were with my vehicles which I bought and registered on my own name and have driven for at least about or mare than one and a half year: Leaky radiators, hoses, reservoir bottles, and coolant gaskets, faulty radiator caps, rusting body panels, leaking batteries, water in brake fluid, leaking ac condenser, wobbly wheels, mis-alignment in wheels, once Toyota forgot to install breather on differential which resulted in differential gear oil mixed with water (amazing thing is that nobody in Pakistan including Toyota itself stocks the breather, in my case it had to be imported from Dubai), leaky gear box seals, many electrical faults (there are too many to remember now), and many many more.
    I've taken deliveries of a bunch of cars, never had to go back to the dealership the very next day. But lol, my problem suddenly started looking so puny in front of all the things you went through. Kudos to you for putting up with what seems like a lifetime of dissapointment from the Mighty 3 companies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is annoying and when you point out some flaws dealer staff always says Sir sub garion ma aisay hee hota ha I always told them I don't care, meri gari ma yeah naheen hosakta and fix it now.

The first Corolla I bought in 2005 had no issues. In 2015 bought an Altis and its steering and trunk was not aligned, I told them to fix it and the fixed the steering, but said trunk sub ka misaligned ha, there was slight misalignment so I kept it like that, sold it like that last month.

After some month noticed one of the alloy rim had defective paint, complained and they said that I had used tire gel which spilled over rim and it disfigured the paint and I told them that the gel was used on all four rims, why other rims do not have any stain? Then I wrote to Indus and they assured me that it will be replaced and I will get a call from dealer in 2 weeks. Later I got lazy and did not follow up and they also did not call I also lost all the email communication and was very busy so left it like that

Last month when I went to book Grande, I saw half a dozen new cars ready for delivery and their trunks were properly aligned. I think that customers should leave all the decency outside 3S dealer/workshop and be really harsh and make fuss on everything, only then these lousy people listen and do things.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alhamdulillah proud owner of toyota from 2005 since i ws a kid and my dad from 72... Well for first no doubt quality has decreased compared from 05 till now i bought previous gen altis it ws 2 years warranty cover yes there were problems here and there but ws fixed on the first day khar khar sound from seat belt fault ws a clip got loose and squeeky sunroof but they were dealt with dont expect miracles we live in Pakistan though inspect it complete before taking it home... toyota tu tha hi problems are there in honda as well like the ecu masla you said a relative of mine bought civic and the next day it didn't started engine light was on in they towed took it to honda classic and took two days and said we changed the ecu because old one got short anyways yeh hota ha 3 plant ha aur teeno humain ullu bana rahay hain civic x hi dekh lein kahin taxi weld hua wa ha kahin putti ki finish nai kahin puttin utar hi gayi ha
    honda+toyota+suzuki =440 =D epic yo!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys what is OBDII diagnostics? Getting delivery of Altis in the next few days and am already wary of the checks that need to be made for a new car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    first Corolla I bought in 2005 had no issues. In 2015 bought an Altis and its steering and trunk was not aligned...
    I mentioned many times on this forum that Toyota Indus Motor Company has NO... I MEAN NO quality control and most importantly, there is no check if they follow any QC standards... which means they are maximizing profit at the cost of cheap and low quality parts and labor and the overall Corolla quality is getting down with new models.

Perhaps its time to knock the door of Consumer Court and file a case against IMC.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you Atlas for giving even worse Civic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OBD 2 is a scanner device that is connected to the car and used to check the car throughout.
    Quote Originally Posted by salmanyou86 View Post
    Guys what is OBDII diagnostics? Getting delivery of Altis in the next few days and am already wary of the checks that need to be made for a new car
    <..If everything seems under control, U r not going fast enough..>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cooldevil View Post
    get urself a vezel or prius
    For you my friend...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/gen...00#post5153306
    I don't know if you laugh or cry after reading the post.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dangtepau View Post
    For you my friend...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/gen...00#post5153306
    I don't know if you laugh or cry after reading the post.
    cant use abusive language to enjoy a joke or sarcasm! pakwheels was once a place for decent people, sadly it isn't anymore! the level of maturity to even tell a joke has gone down the drain. i am sorry i didnt laugh neither cried cauz i never owned a hybrid vehicle only drove vezel and found it a lot better than local cars. even prius interms of quality is wayyy ahead. jdms and hybrids do sell in a fair amount if maintained by decency! the lack of sophistication only exhibits ones parenting values cheers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanyou86 View Post
    In simpler words, the OBD 2 scanner is a mobile device (an android tablet) that can be connected to the ECU of the car. The tablet has a built in application which can detect problems that might be present in the car. It is like a mobile doctor. Wherever the problem in the car might be, it will appear on the screen in the form of a code or a text. In my case it said "Fuel Sending Unit Failure."

The mechanics then fix the problem that is told by the OBD 2 scanner, after the problem is fixed, the OBD 2 scanner is connected with the ECU again to see if the problem has gone away.

Best of luck and congratulations for your car. I hope it has no problems and works completely fine for the years to come. Cheers!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dangtepau View Post
    I mentioned many times on this forum that Toyota Indus Motor Company has NO... I MEAN NO quality control and most importantly, there is no check if they follow any QC standards... which means they are maximizing profit at the cost of cheap and low quality parts and labor and the overall Corolla quality is getting down with new models.

Perhaps its time to knock the door of Consumer Court and file a case against IMC.
    Completely agree with you. About time somebody shook the floor beneath IMC.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    It is annoying and when you point out some flaws dealer staff always says Sir sub garion ma aisay hee hota ha I always told them I don't care, meri gari ma yeah naheen hosakta and fix it now.

The first Corolla I bought in 2005 had no issues. In 2015 bought an Altis and its steering and trunk was not aligned, I told them to fix it and the fixed the steering, but said trunk sub ka misaligned ha, there was slight misalignment so I kept it like that, sold it like that last month.

After some month noticed one of the alloy rim had defective paint, complained and they said that I had used tire gel which spilled over rim and it disfigured the paint and I told them that the gel was used on all four rims, why other rims do not have any stain? Then I wrote to Indus and they assured me that it will be replaced and I will get a call from dealer in 2 weeks. Later I got lazy and did not follow up and they also did not call I also lost all the email communication and was very busy so left it like that

Last month when I went to book Grande, I saw half a dozen new cars ready for delivery and their trunks were properly aligned. I think that customers should leave all the decency outside 3S dealer/workshop and be really harsh and make fuss on everything, only then these lousy people listen and do things.
    You are absolutely right. They tend to present the problems with your car with such a lenient attitude and force you to believe that it is normal. Everything including the stagnant grins on their faces boiled my blood. Forced me to go really hard on the dealership manager. His reply was "Jee sir PDS (pre-delivery service) walon k kaan khenchnay paraingay" and he was still smiling as he said that. Like it was a joke to him.

Have had the 2003 SE Saloon for 13 years and counting (mashAllah). After driving it for 75k kms last year, i took it for a general check up... Nothing was wrong. The car aged really well. Whereas i have heard only bad news from the owners of newer models.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, this is a sad but unfortunately this is a common in our country!
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List