Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MI

Thread: Se saloon Fuel Average 3Zzfe Auto transmission

  1. #1
    MI
    MI is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Se saloon Fuel Average 3Zzfe Auto transmission

    Hi PW team i have 3zz se saloon which has a poor fuel average. Mileage is 150000 i have replaced injectors plugs throttle also serviced but no such improvements available..

    Transmission oil is changed but t4 is not used i replaced it with normal ATF please suggest how can i improve it

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    868
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    How bad is it? If its 7 or above its not unusual.

  3. #3
    MI
    MI is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Its 7 to 8 km in city is it ok ?

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Do you keep O/D on or off? And have you replaced the fuel filter? Have you cleaned the MAF sensor?

  5. #5
    MI
    MI is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    Do you keep O/D on or off? And have you replaced the fuel filter? Have you cleaned the MAF sensor?
    Fuel filter which is inside tank right? Yes i have chnaged it as well and MAF cleaned so many times

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Do you drive it with O/D on or off? Do you idle it for long periods of time? Also, when was the transmission fluid changed? If it was changed, can you please describe the method that was used?

    Sent from my XT1096 using PW Forums mobile app

  7. #7
    MI
    MI is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    Do you drive it with O/D on or off? Do you idle it for long periods of time? Also, when was the transmission fluid changed? If it was changed, can you please describe the method that was used?

    Sent from my XT1096 using PW Forums mobile app
    OD is used i keep it on to drive on top gear secondly 10.000 driven after transmission oil chnage but i dint use T4 oil. I used normal ATF does it have any effect... Secondly filter was cleaned before transimission oil

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The oil has a major role in how the transmission behaves because most of the operations within the transmission are very much dependant on the oil pressure. Wrong type of oil would affect that pressure, hence causing the performance of the transmission to falter. There could be slippage in the torque converter which in turn could be causing the rpms to stay higher. T4 is the recommended oil for this transmission and its vital that you use it. Whether it helps in rectifying this particular issue or not, please have the oil changed asap to avoid damage to the transmission. Also, just draining the transmission fluid and pouring in new fluid is not the correct way of doing it. There is a certain amount of oil held within the torque converter which also needs to be replaced. The correct way of replacing the oil is to keep the engine running and adding oil from the dipstick while the oil is drained from the return line of the oil cooler. Continue this process till you see clean, red colored oil come out of the drain. This process does waste a couple of liters of oil, but it ensures that all the oil is drained and is the correct method of doing it.

    Sent from my XT1096 using PW Forums mobile app

  9. #9
    MI
    MI is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    The oil has a major role in how the transmission behaves because most of the operations within the transmission are very much dependant on the oil pressure. Wrong type of oil would affect that pressure, hence causing the performance of the transmission to falter. There could be slippage in the torque converter which in turn could be causing the rpms to stay higher. T4 is the recommended oil for this transmission and its vital that you use it. Whether it helps in rectifying this particular issue or not, please have the oil changed asap to avoid damage to the transmission. Also, just draining the transmission fluid and pouring in new fluid is not the correct way of doing it. There is a certain amount of oil held within the torque converter which also needs to be replaced. The correct way of replacing the oil is to keep the engine running and adding oil from the dipstick while the oil is drained from the return line of the oil cooler. Continue this process till you see clean, red colored oil come out of the drain. This process does waste a couple of liters of oil, but it ensures that all the oil is drained and is the correct method of doing it.

    Sent from my XT1096 using PW Forums mobile app
    Done bro will replace it ok week end.. Any other suggestion

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI View Post
    Done bro will replace it ok week end.. Any other suggestion

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app
    For now, give this a shot and see what kind of a difference you notice. Most of the things that affect the mileage have already been done. However, you may have the fuel pressure checked. If the fuel pump has weakened, to compensate for the lower fuel pressure, the ecu would increase the duty cycle of the injectors, causing the mixture to get rich and consume more fuel. It would be ideal to keep the fuel pressure gauge connected and drive the car for some kilometers and observe the fuel pressure at different situations, like when driving on a straight road, while driving with the ac on, while driving on an inclined road. The fuel pressure should not drop much in all of the above conditions. I've observed the correct fuel pressure to be around 3-3.3kpa.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Also, try the MAF sensor from a known properly functioning car if possible. MAF sensors do go bad as well, causing the engine to run rich and they often do not trigger a check engine light. While on the topic, is it giving a check engine light?

  12. #12
    MI
    MI is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    For now, give this a shot and see what kind of a difference you notice. Most of the things that affect the mileage have already been done. However, you may have the fuel pressure checked. If the fuel pump has weakened, to compensate for the lower fuel pressure, the ecu would increase the duty cycle of the injectors, causing the mixture to get rich and consume more fuel. It would be ideal to keep the fuel pressure gauge connected and drive the car for some kilometers and observe the fuel pressure at different situations, like when driving on a straight road, while driving with the ac on, while driving on an inclined road. The fuel pressure should not drop much in all of the above conditions. I've observed the correct fuel pressure to be around 3-3.3kpa.
    From where i can get it checked please suggest

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI View Post
    From where i can get it checked please suggest

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app
    I'm not really sure about Lahore, members from Lahore can better guide you on that. Any good setup should have a fuel pressure gauge in their tools arsenal.

  14. #14
    MI
    MI is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    I'm not really sure about Lahore, members from Lahore can better guide you on that. Any good setup should have a fuel pressure gauge in their tools arsenal.
    Done bro thanks for the detailed guidance i will check and revert

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI View Post
    Done bro thanks for the detailed guidance i will check and revert

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app
    Any time. Hope your issue gets resolved

  16. #16
    MI
    MI is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    Any time. Hope your issue gets resolved
    Bro if fuel pump pressure is not upto the mark then what options i have... From where i can get replacement

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Owais_Yunus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,224
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI View Post
    Bro if fuel pump pressure is not upto the mark then what options i have... From where i can get replacement

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app
    You can try a kabuli pump. Quite often, you can get a healthy kabuli pump. Or you could try at any genuine Toyota parts dealer.

    Sent from my XT1096 using PW Forums mobile app

  18. #18
    MI
    MI is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    You can try a kabuli pump. Quite often, you can get a healthy kabuli pump. Or you could try at any genuine Toyota parts dealer.

    Sent from my XT1096 using PW Forums mobile app
    When i purchased this car... It has starting issue i went to mechanic he chexked fuel pump it was replaced with china pump by the previous user... I purchased kabli pump and installed it afterwards starting issue resolved.... But i will get the pressure checked as per your advice....

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    868
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI View Post
    Its 7 to 8 km in city is it ok ?

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app
    In my experience, it is perfectly OK. No need to worry. A lot of people will tell you that it should be better, but we've kept a well maintained Se Saloon and had it at home until recently. It never gave above 8 within city. Age has simply taken its toll upon it.

  20. #20
    MI
    MI is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    MI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ivtec3 View Post
    In my experience, it is perfectly OK. No need to worry. A lot of people will tell you that it should be better, but we've kept a well maintained Se Saloon and had it at home until recently. It never gave above 8 within city. Age has simply taken its toll upon it.
    Thanks brother

    Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •