Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Altis electrician work

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidmavrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Altis electrician work

    Hello i bought fog lights and drl from China. I want to intall them in my altis 1.6. Can any of you recommend a decent electrician who does proper wiring connections and route it appropriately......i don't want wiring mess in the carName:  1473950460392.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  161.3 KB

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ToxicDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,317
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    13
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If you want an electric job well done you should do it yourlef
    Please quote or tag me if you want me to reply as I dont check forums often.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidmavrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicDevil View Post
    If you want an electric job well done you should do it yourlef
    Yes good idea

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidmavrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    How about toyota indus.....are they any good?

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    dragoninja94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shahidmavrk View Post
    Hello i bought fog lights and drl from China. I want to intall them in my altis 1.6. Can any of you recommend a decent electrician who does proper wiring connections and route it appropriately......i don't want wiring mess in the carName:  1473950460392.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  161.3 KB

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app
    Go to any famous car accessory shop like autozone, sehgal motors. These shops have highly skilled electricians, and service is good too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    Djaymx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Any electrical modifications done without following manufacturing standards are a big No.

    Firstly, not a single one of the Lectricians solder any joints, its a DC connection and MUST be soldered, silicone greased(to avoid moisture and exposure to air) and double shrink wrapped with hot air gun. Unfortunately this takes a LOT of time and patience which these dirt-cheap electricians dont have and neither have the drive to learn proper ways.. Whatever the GREAT old "ustaad" taught them from his datsun days is NO longer applicable as the cars today have evolved beyond that mindset.

    Even this simple job can be a short-circuit waiting to happen. But You're on the right track since you posted here for suggestions.. My suggestion would be to sell these on olx and don't rice your car up,, strive for better income and get an audi or something that already have these features..


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    dragoninja94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djaymx View Post
    Any electrical modifications done without following manufacturing standards are a big No.

    Firstly, not a single one of the Lectricians solder any joints, its a DC connection and MUST be soldered, silicone greased(to avoid moisture and exposure to air) and double shrink wrapped with hot air gun. Unfortunately this takes a LOT of time and patience which these dirt-cheap electricians dont have and neither have the drive to learn proper ways.. Whatever the GREAT old "ustaad" taught them from his datsun days is NO longer applicable as the cars today have evolved beyond that mindset.

    Even this simple job can be a short-circuit waiting to happen. But You're on the right track since you posted here for suggestions.. My suggestion would be to sell these on olx and don't rice your car up,, strive for better income and get an audi or something that already have these features..


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Sir, kahan Audi aur kahan 1.6 Altis.

    Even i plan to get fog lamps in my 1.6, but from the toyota workers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    Djaymx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragoninja94 View Post
    Sir, kahan Audi aur kahan 1.6 Altis.

    Even i plan to get fog lamps in my 1.6, but from the toyota workers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If they follow the standard procedures then by all means get the fog lamps installed, my concerns are with DRL's which can seriously damage electrical systems if not properly connected and weather sealed.. Just make sure no modifications are done to existing wires.

    What these nitwits do is to peel an existing live wire and "hook" wires to it and wrap electrical tape to it.

    Electrical tapes last anywhere from 3-6months indoors, and i can only imagine how long it will last in a car with such harsh environments and high temperature engine room. This practice has been outdated since the 90's with the advent of temperature resistant wires and silicone based shrink tubes now being used as an industry standard, and dielectric greases used to weather seal electrical connections so they last through the life of the vehicle..

    Not a month later you will be facing a weak and vulnerable connection and a few blown fuses here and there, wondering what went wrong? It was the Lectricion that started the chain of events.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidmavrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragoninja94 View Post
    Sir, kahan Audi aur kahan 1.6 Altis.

    Even i plan to get fog lamps in my 1.6, but from the toyota workers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just called up toyota indus islamabad......they said they will charge 1000 for installation.....howver j asked them about the tape thingy.....they said they also do the same

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidmavrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djaymx View Post
    Any electrical modifications done without following manufacturing standards are a big No.

    Firstly, not a single one of the Lectricians solder any joints, its a DC connection and MUST be soldered, silicone greased(to avoid moisture and exposure to air) and double shrink wrapped with hot air gun. Unfortunately this takes a LOT of time and patience which these dirt-cheap electricians dont have and neither have the drive to learn proper ways.. Whatever the GREAT old "ustaad" taught them from his datsun days is NO longer applicable as the cars today have evolved beyond that mindset.

    Even this simple job can be a short-circuit waiting to happen. But You're on the right track since you posted here for suggestions.. My suggestion would be to sell these on olx and don't rice your car up,, strive for better income and get an audi or something that already have these features..


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    May be i can install it myself......i mean i have shrink tubes and solder station at my workplace that i can borrow.....but time i generally dont have.......i wish there was a proper technician out there to do this easy job

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    ab6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    332
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djaymx View Post
    Any electrical modifications done without following manufacturing standards are a big No.

    Firstly, not a single one of the Lectricians solder any joints, its a DC connection and MUST be soldered, silicone greased(to avoid moisture and exposure to air) and double shrink wrapped with hot air gun. Unfortunately this takes a LOT of time and patience which these dirt-cheap electricians dont have and neither have the drive to learn proper ways.. Whatever the GREAT old "ustaad" taught them from his datsun days is NO longer applicable as the cars today have evolved beyond that mindset.

    Even this simple job can be a short-circuit waiting to happen. But You're on the right track since you posted here for suggestions.. My suggestion would be to sell these on olx and don't rice your car up,, strive for better income and get an audi or something that already have these features..


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    what is the advantage of soldering?

    Sent from my SM-N900 using PW Forums mobile app

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    275
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shahidmavrk View Post
    Hello i bought fog lights and drl from China. I want to intall them in my altis 1.6. Can any of you recommend a decent electrician who does proper wiring connections and route it appropriately......i don't want wiring mess in the carName:  1473950460392.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  161.3 KB

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app
    Nice purchase. Get it installed by some good electrician, if you are in Islamabad let me know I will refer you to a very competent guy.
    Also, this is not a huge electrical modification where you have to worry about a million wires and joints.

    It's a very routine installation being done in hundreds of shops daily. For Toyota, most fog lights also have the complete wire loom with connectors which makes the job simpler. I am quite sure that no extensive wire joints/ soldering/shrink wrapping/taping is required.

    Don't worry about anything, just have it installed and enjoy it.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidmavrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    Nice purchase. Get it installed by some good electrician, if you are in Islamabad let me know I will refer you to a very competent guy.
    Also, this is not a huge electrical modification where you have to worry about a million wires and joints.

    It's a very routine installation being done in hundreds of shops daily. For Toyota, most fog lights also have the complete wire loom with connectors which makes the job simpler. I am quite sure that no extensive wire joints/ soldering/shrink wrapping/taping is required.

    Don't worry about anything, just have it installed and enjoy it.
    Thanks bro.....Drl`s in the market are very bling bling.....i was looking for decent ones.....so got these from China....yes i m from islamabad. Please share the contact of your guy

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    275
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shahidmavrk View Post
    Thanks bro.....Drl`s in the market are very bling bling.....i was looking for decent ones.....so got these from China....yes i m from islamabad. Please share the contact of your guy

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app
    Asif 03135488814
    He works at Disco 2 with Amir. The shop is in blue area in the plaza right next to dwatson. Give him my reference. Please let me know if any other details are required.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidmavrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    Asif 03135488814
    He works at Disco 2 with Amir. The shop is in blue area in the plaza right next to dwatson. Give him my reference. Please let me know if any other details are required.
    Thanks for the help.can i have your no. Amd full name incase of any contact related help

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    275
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shahidmavrk View Post
    Thanks for the help.can i have your no. Amd full name incase of any contact related help

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app
    Check your PM

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidmavrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    Check your PM
    Thanks man......u got what sort of work done from asif?

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahamd.ali.sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Visit Sehgal Motors for it. I got the same one installed from them. It's been a year and it works as perfectly as genuine

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    275
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shahidmavrk View Post
    Thanks man......u got what sort of work done from asif?

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app
    I've known him for a very long time and he has done many specialized things for me. I will give you details over whatsapp if you are interested

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidmavrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    I've known him for a very long time and he has done many specialized things for me. I will give you details over whatsapp if you are interested
    Hey i went to the shop. He was away on holidays......got it done from a decent electrician in F10.....he did good job....had to supervise a bitName:  1474133064024.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  118.8 KBName:  1474133122441.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  39.1 KBName:  1474133141165.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  42.6 KB

    Sent from my LG-D858HK using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •