0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 12 valve Engine Swap

Salam! Pw experts this is my first post here. But from many years I am a Silent member of Pakwheels for solution of any problem regarding with my ride. And I have got my answer. SO now i am coming to the point. Last month I have purchase 1985 Toyota Corolla having excellent condition with original 12 valve 2E engine. (Antique item). car didnt giving me any trouble except on few things. Engine get load on AC and lack of power. Fuel avg is not good on petrol. And main thing is drive is not smooth. My mechanic suggest me to swap this engine with 16 valve 1300cc. As its weight is not so heavey and fit bolt to bolt. He told me you will pay 50000/- by giving this engine. I asked him how much he cut the price of my engine. He said 25000. So i want to ask you is it wise decision..?
    I purchase this car in 650000/- as it is bumper to bumper genuine So wether it will effect market or resale value by swaping... Any one who have done this please share their experience. Need expert advice. Thanks

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 03339321112 View Post
    Salam! Pw experts this is my first post here. But from many years I am a Silent member of Pakwheels for solution of any problem regarding with my ride. And I have got my answer. SO now i am coming to the point. Last month I have purchase 1985 Toyota Corolla having excellent condition with original 12 valve 2E engine. (Antique item). car didnt giving me any trouble except on few things. Engine get load on AC and lack of power. Fuel avg is not good on petrol. And main thing is drive is not smooth. My mechanic suggest me to swap this engine with 16 valve 1300cc. As its weight is not so heavey and fit bolt to bolt. He told me you will pay 50000/- by giving this engine. I asked him how much he cut the price of my engine. He said 25000. So i want to ask you is it wise decision..?
    I purchase this car in 650000/- as it is bumper to bumper genuine So wether it will effect market or resale value by swaping... Any one who have done this please share their experience. Need expert advice. Thanks
    Already the price you paid is too much and only if someone want to keep this antique he will pay otherwise you have to face big loss.
    Swapping engine with 16 Valve will to some how increase its value not in price but in buyer interest. If someone liked the car and willing to pay you then 12 valve engine will becomes a hurdle and if 16 Valve is there he will offcourse get interested.
    My suggestion is go for 16 Valve but 1500 cc at least and dont opt for 1300 cc if you really want to enjoy the drive of these old school model cars, because there chasis are heavy enough and this is the misconception that 1300 ka kharcha kam hai aur 1500 ka zyada.

Sent from my Z12 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your reply. My mechanic also told me that now adays every one like efi car. No one is willing to buy car having carb engine. You are right 1500cc will give more power but that is too heavy. I have driven 86 corolla having 1600cc engine. Car was lower from front due to heavy load of engine. Another thing which i think that after swaping i will sale out cng kit and cylinder that will not need with this efi one as consumption will good on petrol.

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 03339321112 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. My mechanic also told me that now adays every one like efi car. No one is willing to buy car having carb engine. You are right 1500cc will give more power but that is too heavy. I have driven 86 corolla having 1600cc engine. Car was lower from front due to heavy load of engine. Another thing which i think that after swaping i will sale out cng kit and cylinder that will not need with this efi one as consumption will good on petrol.
    Engine weight doesnt matter that much, you can change front springs only to handle the engine load. Over all it does not differ much in weight in comparison with 1300 cc.
    CNG is just headache but its upto you if you can bear with it go ahead otherwise sale it out.
    But if you compare 1300 vs 1600 you will come to the conclusion that 1600cc ki average achi hai whereas 1300cc ka kharcha zyada hai.

I am Nissan Lover and I own Nissan 86 and recently I placed 1800 cc Nissan Original Engine in it and throw out CNG. I am getting 12km in local and 15 km on Motorway. CNG one cylinder costs about 750 and gave me 120km whereas now adays I am getting 180km in local 15.50 Litre @ Rs. 1000

So decission is upto you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro now i got my point. I will prefer 1500cc. And by the way i was willing to buy Nissan Sunny 1986. I have seen Nissan Sunny 1986 only 30000 driven in Mardan. Lahore No. REG and it was in white colour without Ac. Person asking demand was 680000 but final it was 650000/- Many people stop me to buy that car because of its price and told me that after all its Nissan. Parts issue and 1000cc engine that no one like today so i changed my plan and buy this corolla over Nissan.

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are car lover and know about them just buy a normal condition and rebuild it as per your needs. If you will buy it at 650k its your totall loss.
    Yes if you have other car for fulfilling your requirement and just want those old school cars as antique then you should buy them as it is and just park them and take care of them. May be after so called around 20 years someone pay you for that such a great amount.

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the way Nissan started in Pakistan again and from 2017 you will see PKDM Nissan on Roads.
    About Parts ... Yes 1986 parts deserve to be expensive but they are still available depends on your anthusiasm and love with your car.

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today I spent few hours in search of Nissan Genuine Oil and Air Filter, and finally found it. Alot of shopkeeper forced me for 1st copy and 2nd copy but I insisted over the Japan and finally I got it.
    To make it sure that you are getting the right part first have a survey over the Internet, like oil filter for Nissan 1800cc and 2000cc engines has part number 15208.
    I purchased this for 850 Rs whereas chinese copy is available for only Rs. 200/-

Have a look below
    12 valve Engine Swap - 4f6afcfdb4e82cb3d657d71ad7f343de
    12 valve Engine Swap - 84d3b1e53ff80026615f3b097a64141a

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List