Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help Required for Toyota Corolla 2D

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Red face Help Required for Toyota Corolla 2D

    Hello Guys,

    I have Toyota Corolla 2.0d Model 2000 and I want overhaul done for my engine. I went the mechanic and he said it would cost me around 80K for the complete engine overhaul which is way too high than my expectations. Now I am thinking about to replace it with the petrol engine, what you guys suggest?

    Thank you


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Whats wrong with your current engine?

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Whats wrong with your current engine?
    it is weak, oil leakage, ring piston etc need to be replaced

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    greyhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassan918 View Post
    it is weak, oil leakage, ring piston etc need to be replaced
    I think you should first get ur fuel pump checked...it may hav missed its timing....although ur car model suggests that the engine may hav lived its life and needs some overhauling
    How many km on the meter ???

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,842
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassan918 View Post
    Hello Guys,

    I have Toyota Corolla 2.0d Model 2000 and I want overhaul done for my engine. I went the mechanic and he said it would cost me around 80K for the complete engine overhaul which is way too high than my expectations. Now I am thinking about to replace it with the petrol engine, what you guys suggest?

    Thank you
    Toyota’s 2C engine is considered as most powerful and durable among its categories in PK.
    Why don’t sell your engine in old parts market and buy another good conditions 2nd hand engine with 7 days check guarantee ?
    I bet will cost much less than overhauling.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Toyota’s 2C engine is considered as most powerful and durable among its categories in PK.
    Why don’t sell your engine in old parts market and buy another good conditions 2nd hand engine with 7 days check guarantee ?
    I bet will cost much less than overhauling.
    Yes, thinking about changing it with petrol engine. Would it be a good decision? I checked with couple of people and they said that it would cost me around 50K to replace my current engine with a petrol engine. Is it a good price ?

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,842
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassan918 View Post
    Yes, thinking about changing it with petrol engine. Would it be a good decision? I checked with couple of people and they said that it would cost me around 50K to replace my current engine with a petrol engine. Is it a good price ?
    I will suggest to replace it with 2C only. It will be quick, convenient & cheap.

    If you want to replace it with Petrol Engine, then of-coarse its your choice.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •