• 1 Post By chinyoti
  • 1 Post By chinyoti
  • 1 Post By chinyoti
  • 1 Post By KamranAslam
  • 1 Post By sohelahmed
  • 1 Post By Kamando
  • 1 Post By chinyoti
  • 1 Post By chinyoti

Thread: ECU fuse getting blown up several times in a day.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ECU fuse getting blown up several times in a day.

AOA all,
    I am using father's Corolla 2009 since last 2-3 months.
    It is XLi which was later converted to Power Windows
    when i started using this car 3 months ago, Its Power windows were too stucky, too slow.1 of them was not working at all.
    I took it to shop in Sagheer Centre,F.B.Area(who claimed for repairing power windows since last 15-16 years).

They charged Rs. 2000/= for servicing all 4 door windows BUT IT WAS CURSE.................

After that day, whenever i use to switch any window up or down, switch of ECU gets blown-up. I took my car to electrician, he put wiring of power windows separately from built-infuse box.

For that purpose he has installed separate relay,separate wires & separate fuses on right side (under steering). According to them, now power windows is direct(no connection with fuse box)- Proof is that now power windows working without inserting key in ignition,,,,it is direct from Battery.(Before we had to put Key in ignition switch & move key to "start" or "ON" position for making power windows working)

But still whenever if key is in ignition (Start or ON mode) then if anyone switch window UP or DOWN, then ECU-fuse gets blown up (BUT IF KEY IS NOT IN IGNITION THEN YOU CAN EASILY SWITCH POWER WINDOWS UP OR DOWN.NO ISSUE)

This is causing me in trouble from 3 months, i have tried different auto-electrician but no difference. Some says change whole fuse box, some says change whole wiring, some says your power window's machine are "short"
    How can 4 windows of power windows get "short" same time.

i am too worry.please guide me how to troubleshoot towards root cause.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now this is weird, even after getting a direct connection from battery how come ECU detects this and blows a fuse.

ECU experts required to shed their experience.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are handy with your car and are not able to find an able electrician then try to check it yourself. Mechanics here are Allah-Maafi. Your car needs a proper professional diagnosis with multi-meter and stuff. I don't know whether such facility exists in your city.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

seems like you've been wasting time over this forum all these years or you do not wish to attempt a successful DO IT YOURSELF.

1st check the fuse rating it is specified over the box, if it is low rating get correct fuse. If the fuse is correct the load is causing Short.

the TESH_TER NITTO TAPE class electricians screw up our cars learn & do practice at our cost. am sure you can fix this yourself with little patience. The problem is cut-twist-tape of main supply to ecu which is single thick white wire connected over +ive battery pole with 2 other different cables, hidden in flexible black wiring tube.

trace back the LOAD wire connected to fuse and you will strike the culprit cut-twist-tapped causing short circuit
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@capsat
    I tried myself many times but could not sort it out so I always prefer to discuss at pakwheel forum whether problem is big or small

Fuse rating: I always follow rating written on cover.

I checked ECU cable, its type of concealed between grey sheath running under dashboard to Engine bay

@KamranAslam
    Kami bhai, which is best place for solving Electrical issue for Toyota models in Karachi

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    seems like you've been wasting time over this forum all these years or you do not wish to attempt a successful DO IT YOURSELF.

1st check the fuse rating it is specified over the box, if it is low rating get correct fuse. If the fuse is correct the load is causing Short.

the TESH_TER NITTO TAPE class electricians screw up our cars learn & do practice at our cost. am sure you can fix this yourself with little patience. The problem is cut-twist-tape of main supply to ecu which is single thick white wire connected over +ive battery pole with 2 other different cables, hidden in flexible black wiring tube.

trace back the LOAD wire connected to fuse and you will strike the culprit cut-twist-tapped causing short circuit
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

call up abid hameed 0333 2201002 and set a time convenient to you. He is at Plaza - Preedy police station residential area Mandir shops watch closely what he does and you will have a wide smile... oh GAWD yeah kaysay miss kar deya mai nai .. stay safe drive safe
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My post won't help but just a suggestion.

Revert back to manual windows. IMC is not charging 120K for crap. Their is definelty something better and different then a xli and a gli.

And belive me I haven't seen a single person happy with an after market xli converted to gli.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

8. 16-11-2016, 11:10 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    Duplicate post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Coincidentally it was converted by IMC dealer(Toyota 3S) in Khi who offered the complete package of upgradation with other accessories too some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    My post won't help but just a suggestion.

Revert back to manual windows. IMC is not charging 120K for crap. Their is definelty something better and different then a xli and a gli.

And belive me I haven't seen a single person happy with an after market xli converted to gli.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by brownrose78 View Post
    Coincidentally it was converted by IMC dealer(Toyota 3S) in Khi who offered the complete package of upgradation with other accessories too some years ago.

I agree, But this is just a gimick by the dealers to exceed Xli Sales.

After market is after market may it be a 3S dealer or a road site power window electritian. In case of Xli even if you replace parts from a Gli, the window rubbers (channels are totally different) to support power windows) They keep stucking

Any ways did you get your issue resolved? Their are several mechaincs in Dha phase 2 area. If you live in the locality let me know
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti @KamranAslam
    1.Problem still persists. almost, i have to Daily replace the fuse atleast 1 time(Loss of Rs. 10/= per fuse )
    2. DHA is not far Proximity. i can go but issue is at least some educated electrician who do not do "experiment". Instead they should solve it
    3. u r absolutely right, i also think that in name of upgrading, they ripped off us.
    4. Will ECU Scanner can detect such causes?

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    I agree, But this is just a gimick by the dealers to exceed Xli Sales.

After market is after market may it be a 3S dealer or a road site power window electritian. In case of Xli even if you replace parts from a Gli, the window rubbers (channels are totally different) to support power windows) They keep stucking

Any ways did you get your issue resolved? Their are several mechaincs in Dha phase 2 area. If you live in the locality let me know

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti @KamranAslam
    1.Problem still persists. almost, i have to Daily replace the fuse atleast 1 time(Loss of Rs. 10/= per fuse )
    2. DHA is not far Proximity. i can go but issue is at least some educated electrician who do not do "experiment". Instead they should solve it
    3. u r absolutely right, i also think that in name of upgrading, they ripped off us.
    4. Will ECU Scanner can detect such causes?

If you can spend some money, Goto Khan motors straight, But dont leave your car their. You have to be with the car at all times. They would probably rectify your issue,

1 thing go from the back side,

Or else goto 4x4 Motors Korangi, Faisal and Azam bhae from khan motors have shifted their. (Although they are still one but i have had better experiences with Faisal and Azam bhae over all).

ECU scanner will detect the issue only when it is happening (in your case when you use the window).

Your power window wiring is definitely cut somewhere which is causing it to blow. Nothing else.

PS : Does the issue occur from a specific power window button or it happens on all four door?

i mean does the fuse blow when you use the system from the driver side main power panel or it happens in every panel?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i agree with @chinyoti "Khan Motors" lil expensive but they are considered best for such issues.

even after having direct connection from battery, for sure it detects something among the power windows switches.

to my observation some Relay or one of the Motors from the window line-up is messing for this after some time when window motor/relays heats as operation in gives a short to the fuse.

Nasir # 0301-2219640 (Auto Mechanic) next to his shop Electrician Farooq # N/A location: Behind Khan Motors DHA Phase 2 Ext. have talked for your issue with them, first talk with farooq if you feel for sparing a time with them please see.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please check this might be due to wiring short, i have had this couple of times and the reason was the electrician made this error, even if a tiny part of wire is touching any where or making , make break fuse will get blown

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think power windows wiring connection is tapped at wrong wire
    or it needs a relay to draw more current
    but only good electrician can sort it out .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti @KamranAslam @sohelahmed @Kamando
    Thanks to all of you for answer.
    Sorry, I was out of station,Yesterday came back. Just seeing it
    @chinyoti
    Please send me contact numbers of 4x4 Motors Korangi, Faisal and Azam bhae
    Thanks bro, your words has give me new life. I hope it is some "cut wire" issue.I already spent too much for this minor issue.
    As you asked, It is not from some specific window button infact this issue comes from Window Up/down switch of all these 4 windows.Any window from any door causing this same issue of blown fuse up.

However i want to share 1 more thing that If i am on driving side door, then back windows works in reverse manner i.e If i am on driving seat, i press "Window UP" of "Rear Door Windows" these windows "Go Down". Vice versa if i press Window DOWN of "Rear Door Windows" these windows "Go UP" (However this reverse operation issue exist since long, much before servicing of Power Windows so for that i cannot blame Sagheer centre guy)

KamranAslam
    I will try to contact Farooq bhai. Issue is that due to said issue, i am really fed up with small Electrician shops or road-side shops. If KHAN Motors have speacilized equipments or trained staff, then even if they ask lil. more charges, I am ready.

You can imagine that how dramatic this lil. issue becomes when u r with family & on the middle of the road, your car stops due to just window up/down by Ladies or even mistakenly by children

@
    sohelahmed
    Sohail bhai, u r right. I am 100% sure that Guy at Sagheer Centre who serviced my power windows has caused this issue(cutting or touching some wire with metal somewhere) during service
    @Kamando
    This is the point "GOOD ELECTRICIAN" which i am searching since last 4 months but could not find Reliable one in Karachi. 1 Electrician installed some extra relay with extra 20A fuse with power windows but no difference

NOW I HAVE READ ABOVE POSTS & DO SOME HOMEWORK, I will check these guys/shops now:
    1.Khan motors (Address:53-C,Main National Highway, Near Absa School,Phase-II Ext, D.H.A., Karachi, Contact Infohone: 021-35880121)

2.Al Rafay Autos (Auto Repair,Car Fix, overhaul, service,auto karachi,Auto d.h.a)
    Landline: 021-35383616, Cell#: 03112134485,03332223616
    Addresss: Shop No 4 ground floor ,Building 15C , 13 commcercial street phase 2 extention karachi
    Tel: 021-35383616,Cell# 0333-2223616

3.Farooq Electrician
    Nasir # 0301-2219640 (Auto Mechanic) next to his shop Electrician Farooq

Lets see what happens, Will definitely share the results with you all, my lovely pakwheels family

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti @KamranAslam @sohelahmed @Kamando
    Thanks to all of you for answer.
    Sorry, I was out of station,Yesterday came back. Just seeing it
    @chinyoti
    Please send me contact numbers of 4x4 Motors Korangi, Faisal and Azam bhae
    Thanks bro, your words has give me new life. I hope it is some "cut wire" issue.I already spent too much for this minor issue.
    As you asked, It is not from some specific window button infact this issue comes from Window Up/down switch of all these 4 windows.Any window from any door causing this same issue of blown fuse up.

However i want to share 1 more thing that If i am on driving side door, then back windows works in reverse manner i.e If i am on driving seat, i press "Window UP" of "Rear Door Windows" these windows "Go Down". Vice versa if i press Window DOWN of "Rear Door Windows" these windows "Go UP" (However this reverse operation issue exist since long, much before servicing of Power Windows so for that i cannot blame Sagheer centre guy)

KamranAslam
    I will try to contact Farooq bhai. Issue is that due to said issue, i am really fed up with small Electrician shops or road-side shops. If KHAN Motors have speacilized equipments or trained staff, then even if they ask lil. more charges, I am ready.

You can imagine that how dramatic this lil. issue becomes when u r with family & on the middle of the road, your car stops due to just window up/down by Ladies or even mistakenly by children

@
    sohelahmed
    Sohail bhai, u r right. I am 100% sure that Guy at Sagheer Centre who serviced my power windows has caused this issue(cutting or touching some wire with metal somewhere) during service
    @Kamando
    This is the point "GOOD ELECTRICIAN" which i am searching since last 4 months but could not find Reliable one in Karachi. 1 Electrician installed some extra relay with extra 20A fuse with power windows but no difference

NOW I HAVE READ ABOVE POSTS & DO SOME HOMEWORK, I will check these guys/shops now:
    1.Khan motors (Address:53-C,Main National Highway, Near Absa School,Phase-II Ext, D.H.A., Karachi, Contact Infohone: 021-35880121)

2.Al Rafay Autos (Auto Repair,Car Fix, overhaul, service,auto karachi,Auto d.h.a)
    Landline: 021-35383616, Cell#: 03112134485,03332223616
    Addresss: Shop No 4 ground floor ,Building 15C , 13 commcercial street phase 2 extention karachi
    Tel: 021-35383616,Cell# 0333-2223616

3.Farooq Electrician
    Nasir # 0301-2219640 (Auto Mechanic) next to his shop Electrician Farooq

Lets see what happens, Will definitely share the results with you all, my lovely pakwheels family

Dont have any numbers, But when you towards korangi from DHA, take left from the first round about, Towards licence office korangi, on your right you will be able to see 4x4 motors.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    I have heard much about Azam bhai(of KHAN motors) but never experienced myself.

BTW do 4x4 Korangi also have good Electrical diagnostic tools? Are they able to do same quality work as of Khan motors?

High charges(Costly Labour) is not issue, concern is "Exact troubleshooting & Satisfactory work"

personally whom u will prefer Khan or 4x4 (If money is not issue)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    I have heard much about Azam bhai(of KHAN motors) but never experienced myself.

BTW do 4x4 Korangi also have good Electrical diagnostic tools? Are they able to do same quality work as of Khan motors?

High charges(Costly Labour) is not issue, concern is "Exact troubleshooting & Satisfactory work"

personally whom u will prefer Khan or 4x4 (If money is not issue)
    I refered you to 4x4 because of Azam and Faisal being their, 4x4 is a dedicated shop to bigger vehicles, Yes they can resolve your issue and they are one of the best people in Karachi.

PS : I have never been to 4x4 personally, Probably never needed to go their, For now i only send my car for dent paint to Haji denter at khan motors.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Funny pat came when on Sunday morning, I became ready & planning to start the car, then thought why dont call before going( Ethics bhee koi cheez hotey hain yaar) then tried & got answer "Sir G! Bhool gaye????? It is not allowed to do work on Sundays in DHA locality"

So again on same point, Will try some day in this week

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List