0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Aging Gracefully--Corolla

Aging Gracefully--Corolla -485740

Toyota hopes redesigned Corolla appeals to young and old buyers

TOKYO -- Toyota Motor Corp. walks a fine line with the redesign of the 40-year-old Corolla, which went on sale last week in Japan.

The average age of Corolla buyers in Japan is over 60. Toyota wants to keep those loyal buyers and appeal to a new generation. It also needs to position the car between the entry-level Vitz, known as the Yaris in the United States and Europe, and the mid-sized Camry.

Toyota will:

Keep the history-laden Corolla name but add another name in Japan to attract younger shoppers. The sedan is now the Corolla Axio. The station wagon is now the Corolla Fielder. "Corolla" is in a smaller type size.

Add a bit more hip and head room inside without letting the car grow longer, wider or taller.

Offer features that appeal to both young families and owners with aging joints.

To save neck-twisting, the Corolla is the second vehicle, after the Lexus LS 460, to get Toyota's latest intelligent parking-assist system. The option costs ¥105,000, or $879 at current exchange rates. A backup camera monitor is standard.

The Corolla also has a system that flips down the rear seats and seat backs for a flat cargo floor, with a single pull of a lever.

The United States won't get the redesigned Corolla until spring 2008. That will stretch the goal of Toyota President Katsuaki Watanabe to release the Corolla in overseas markets within "a year and a few months" of the Japan debut. Insiders say the plain-vanilla styling offered in Japan can't compete against the Honda Civic in America.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Spectra, just like a Spectra thread is incomplete without your input. lol.

Now that I have turned 42, I am qualified to like and have a Toyota.

In West men buy a red sports car and have a new girlfriend when they turn 40. I got a new black Toyota when I turned 40, and about girlfriend...tauba tauba...such things do not exist ( this is for the sake of safe driving home). hahah.

Politician? lol, may be that I have been meeting them quite often and hearing their sermons to be translated into news.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Auto
    Actually IMA is right why are so many ppl buying a crapy product if it is crap. I mean can you argue with that? Ppl buying the Indus Crap Corolla in one way or the other supporting a bad product and the sales figure show ppl like to buy crap. I mean I can crap about the crappy product all day and still ppl would not give a crap about it, lol! I hope you get my point, lol!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Racerf1. 100 agree with you boss, and these crappy rolla would be liked once the new model comes in the market.

I remember when the previous shape was lunched people hated it and joked about Pakistani Corolla, and now this is a hit (it shows quality going down with every new model).

Also I remember when Suzuki launched FX it was hated by people as lifafa and sabun dani or dabbi. Then after some time it became a hit. Then came Mehran (as Alto) and ppl said it was $hit as compared to FX, but then they started buying the same $hit and still buying it madly. Similarly Margalla was a bad car, but when Baleno came, ppl suddnly began to love Margalla.

But still there is something in a crappy, $hitty product, that makes people to take out their hard-earned (or easty) money and buy it. I think that for my PhD in economics I should select this problem for the research work and thesis.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Auto
    I think you should do this as your thesis, let me know what you conclude

As for the previous one was better syndrome you are absolutely right. I think it has to do with the grapes are sour thing. But as for the quality it has taken a lot of beating and is in for another hit. I just hope Toyota Improves things in IMA. But why would they complain as IMA has the numbers and the profits to prove it
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List