2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CITY 1.5L STEERMATIC vs COROLLA 1.8 VVti AUTOMATIC

Now, I m going to put a thread which may results some harm to TOYOTA LOVERS.

Just compare the
    FEATURES
    of HONDA CITY 1.5L VTEC STEERMATIC & TOYOTA COROLLA 1.8L VVTi ALTIS AUTOMATIC once.

I know ALTIS belongs to upper category from STEERMATIC.

But just consider once. I will assure u it will be real SHOCK to hear the TRUTH.

First PRICE :

The PRICE of HONDA CITY 1.5L VTEC STEERMATIC is Rs. 985,000.

AND

The PRICE of TOYOTA COROLLA 1.8L VVTi ALTIS AUTOMATIC is Rs. 1,309,000

This represents the price difference is 3.24 LACKS.

But still CITY STEERMATIC has got some PLUS POINTS where ALTIS simply LACKS.

I will continue it...

The UPPER HAND of ALTIS is its 134 HP and CITY STEERMATIC has got 110 HP and ALTIS has got AIR BAGS aswell.

But first I would like to hear some comments of TOYOTA LOVERS & HONDA LOVERS.

If any body knows more + points of ALTIS AUTOMATIC over the CITY STEERMATIC then he can simply post and compare it with STEERMATIC aswell.

And please remain this THREAD CLEAN & compare only features of these 2 CARS.

Whats so special about 1.8 VVti ALTIS AUTOMATIC???

Prove this statement.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for all these "informative" points you guys are raising. First off i got one thing wrong which was i thought the 1.5 had the IDS-i engine whereas it was the Vtec So my apologies there.

Now lets move on to the other issues. All i can see in most of your posts is dissing the altis and not actually mentioning any worthwhile plus points on the city. Where are ye guys facts based on ?

@shani248
    But these DISC BRAKES in ALTIS is not better than the BRAKES of STEERMATIC. (Practically SPEAKING)

We're not talking about personal opinions we're talkin about facts here. Altis has 4 Wheels Disc brakes with ABS where as City has 2 disc and 2 drum brakes WITHOUT ABS. What exactly are you saying here ? besides the typical "rolla peh gaya or corolla brakes are crap" stuff most of the people who actually have never driven an altis or don't know what ABS is talk about ?

I personally beleive that Steermatic, being auto transmission, can really give tough time to Altis automatic while racing.

Which part of this sentence is actually proving that steermatic is actually better or worse (for that part) from the altis auto trans ?

And I have yet to see the 'stronger body' misconception save any lives. In the course of the last 2 years alone of me going to IoBM (Korangi creek) I've seen Corolla accidents take many lives, so lets not venture there. I've seen Corollas (and other cars including Civics) totally flattened. So a stronger body has nothing to do with saving lives, thats a concept only uneducated people who know zilch about cars can think of. Modern engineering relies on crumble zones and impact beams to save lives.

What i'm trying to say here is in light accident conditions which are not that serious, city AND civic bodies tend to crumple more than corolla bodies. In high speed accidents Corolla Does employ the Crumple/crushable zone specifications u're talking about. It has air bags AND side impact beams which the city lacks (at least according to the honda.com.pk site)

Highest level of safety body, conforming to Global Outstanding Assessment body standards provides a crushable zone specifically designed to dispense impact energy through the rest of the structure, while keeping the reinforcement cabin intact, protecting passengers.

More power! yeah, but does it handle that power? It shakes horribly with full throttle.

I agree with this statement, the manual version is horrible but we're talkin about the auto version here and it's really smooth and good at the whole handling thing

Who can ever think that VVTi is more efficient than VTEC? Good joke brother!
    ALTIS HANDLES BETTER? It's the end of the world! bahi even Cultus handles better tha Altis.

yet again baseless and personal opinions coming in a logical discussion.

Have you tested ABS of Altis? It's totally wortthless, the car still skids, even on side ways like XLi, at hard braking.
    Four wheel disc of rolla is totally a drama. Brake mechanism is not balanced & very irresponsible. Besides, Four-wheel without EBD is literally worthless & Altis doesn't has EBD.

Repeat of the above logic again. OF COURSE i've tried the abs of the altis and i have a cultus too and i have driven the CIVIC AND CITY too. i'm not going to defend the brakes and handling of a car based on MY personal feelings (which tell me this discussion had no base to start with). You guys need to go out and drive both cars and then come back and shoot off baseless stuff about ANY car instead of just loggin on and going on about ye personal feelings.

(Please my brothers, nothing personal here.)
    Cheers

Agreed . Same here ! it's a logical discussion so lets keep it that way.
    Minor bun engine made Benny Lava...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh and i'll love for city owners (1.5 STEERMATIC ones) to post their mileages here. I'll post my altis auto's.

WIthin city : 9-11 Km/l
    Highway: 14-15 Km/l

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

@shani248

I personally beleive that Steermatic, being auto transmission, can really give tough time to Altis automatic while racing.

well the comment above is my personal opinion and anyone can differ from it like you personally found Altis interior more luxurious. Please keep in your mind that information on paper may not prove practical enough. So with all that English written about Altis brakes these may still not prove that good.
    Pakistan Zindabad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So with all that English written about Altis brakes these may still not prove that good.

So how do you think we can prove a point in a logical discussion ? Simply put city lacks alot of features that altis has. There's no proving required there.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we need some serious backup by steermatic fans ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so wats the big deal if city is gud r if VVTI is gud,,this is pakistan people still buy name not car!!!!
    my rides.....!!!.AE90 4AFE supercharged nitrous.........!!!.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhNhlNoYq8s......!!!civic 3g hatch B20 almotor nitrous............!!!intgera B18b LS Vtec nitrous

GLI
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys,lets be pragmatic here!! We're comparing a 1.5L car with a 1.8L one! Whats the connection? In all rationality, there is NONE! The steermatic is a superb car for its class and has no direct competition. In its maximum capacity it should be compared with a 1.6L car, such as the Liana or the Lancer, but not the Altis! The Altis is a direct competition to the Civic! On second thought try comparing the new civic with the steermatic!
    A revolution against the jahil of this nation!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

the initiator of this thread might have something interesting with him thats why this thread was initiated. That might very logically, as stated by @shani248 prove Altis better than Steermatic or otherwise. But logically Altis should prove better than Steermatic.

As I said earlier Altis should be compared with Civic but as its felt that Altis may not have survived that comaprison. Lets see how it escapes here.
    Pakistan Zindabad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As I said earlier Altis should be compared with Civic but as its felt that Altis may not have survived that comaprison. Lets see how it escapes here.

Are you starting a Civic Vs Altis comparison here ?! Bring it on !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i started this TOPIC because i hav got VALID REASON for it.

Now i m going to prove the superiority of CITY STEERMATIC over the ALTIS.

Here u go.

CITY 15L STEERMATIC vs COROLLA 18 VVti AUTOMATIC -697538

Can u all see the buttons present on the STEERING WHEEL ???

What r they for ???

Actually first i m going to describe what is STEERMATIC.

About STEERMATIC :

Steermatic allows the driver to change gear ratios manually (in a sequential manner) using buttons on the steering wheel.

One can enjoy AUTOMATIC and as well as MANUAL TRANSMISSION.

Actually there is a single more OPTION 'S' is added in the auto transmission of HONDA CITY. After change it to 'S' mode, the car pretends to be as a MANUAL TRANSMISSION.

Now the GEAR SHIFTING has to be done from the CONTROL buttons available at STEERING WHEEL.

Now u all must be clear about the real beauty of CITY STEERMATIC.

I m going to put only a single question.

Can u find this in ALTIS ???

Besides u hav to pay more 3.3 LACKS to get an ALTIS.

And the TOYS of ALTIS r almost parallel to the TOYS of CITY STEERMATIC.

CiViC has got many other things.

Just consider SUNROOF. U can find it in CiViC but not in ALTIS and CITY STEERMATIC.

If ALTIS can only be compare with CiViC then why such TOYS r ABSENT is ALTIS ???

Now discuss.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dude i think this manual gear shifting option in an auto transmission car is enough to take it far beyond its competitors...like it has been said many times these cars are from two different classes and i think in its price steermatic takes the huge edge......you guys are forgetting the beautiful 15" alloy in steermatic which are not present in any model of rolla
    Murphy's Law on Work......."A pat on the back is only a few centimeters from a kick in the pants"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

As mentioned on the toyota indus website, now Altis has Alloys with imported tyres but its size is no mentioned.

CITY 15L STEERMATIC vs COROLLA 18 VVti AUTOMATIC -697544

Altis has a 2-Din Mp3 CD Player with remote and 6 speakers
    Fog lamps
    And as mentioned earlier by shani248
    Airbag, ABS with Brake assist (keeping asside the performance and quality issues, but still the thing is there)
    Warranty is 2 years/50000 kms
    Pakistan Zindabad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u4usman4u

I'd like to see someone buy the city just for the sake of it's "toys". Do you really think that having gear shifting steermatic buttons on the steering is going to change the mind of a customer from buying a car that's value for money to something that's a toy car ? Can we be a bit more realistic here ? Is that what all of this discussion was based on ?

Whats so special about 1.8 VVti ALTIS AUTOMATIC???
    Prove this statement.

I think the sales of both cars will prove which car is "so" special.

@hsnmz

The tyre sizes are 185/60/15. It's a 15 inch alloy rims with dunlop tyres. They're charging 10000 extra for them wheels. But that's a different story.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honestly speaking. I found u4usman4u to be baised towards "Few" better specs of Steermatic and is neglecting all the positives associated with Altis.

I've tried both of them in almost all road conditions and found a lots of goods and bads about both the product but still unable to figure out that how both cannot be "GOOD" or "BAD".

Unfortunate part with us is, we only compare locally assembled cars.....on the softer side try comparing Steermatic with Imported Corolla Assists
    And also compare Altis with imported Premio available at slightly above price and then check what value for money is?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am a proud owner of a steermatic and i will mention some ground realities here which is that both cars do belong from drifferenct catagories but Steermatic is packed with innovation and technology but Altis has nothing special but a powerful engine.

But in Pak, people with tons of money and little knowledge about what they are riding will go for rolla coz for a typical buyer "since by chaha's mamma's nanna's dadda's " got a rolla so i will buy that too.

u4usman4u has good knowledge about cars and you all should appreciate this.

There is NO WAY in the world u can say that rolla is value for money in Pak......Maybe when the government increases the literacy rate, then we will have more resale of Hondas

And also, please bear in mind that steermatic type feature is not a toy but a neat features found in F1 cars and other luxury vehicles.
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

look guyz i know everybody likes honda but if u compare altis with city,altis is a way better car than city1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lets have a logical comparison based on facts and figures not on biased views and so called experiences

Steermatic1.5L VTEC ...... Corolla Altis Automatic
    Max output:
    81Kw @5800 ..... 100kw@6000

Max torque:
    143Nm@4800 ....... 171 Nm@4200

Brakes:
    Front discs rear drums ... 4 wheels discs ABS with
    ................................ Brake Assist

Exterior:
    4390 X 1690 X 1485 ...... 4530 x 1705 x 1480

Safty:
    No air Bags ......... SRS Air Bags

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But in Pak, people with tons of money and little knowledge about what they are riding will go for rolla coz for a typical buyer "since by chaha's mamma's nanna's dadda's " got a rolla so i will buy that too

This attitude of honda owners towards toyota owners is getting pretty annoying. Honda owners are trying to justify their purchases by dissing toyota owners over how common that car is or how much it's brakes suck and stuff like that. I don't see any merc owners dissing bmw owners ? Why is this trait associated with honda owners ? Search the forums, i don't see any toyota owners saying civic sucks or anything ? it's only and specifically the honda owners mostly ! some sort of insecurity maybe ? I'd like to say to all those honda owners who're really pissed at the pakistani people for STILL buying corollas to just be happy with their hondas and let the toyota owners get ripped off (as they presume) cause yer baseless and illogical opinions are not going to stop them from buying something that appeals to them immensely.

GLI
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gogadrum, lol, right on bruv!
    A revolution against the jahil of this nation!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

shani: bro u just can't dig the fact that honda is alwayz ahead of technology as compared to toyota. U know very well in pakistan people go for just resale and for a typical buyer he will not have the fancy knowledge like Uwhen buying a rolla ..... it will always b like "rolla tay rolla ay"

like i said apart from the engine power, i dont see anything fancy in altis and by the way, steermatic's brakes are not bad either...

anyway i dont think u can even compare the new civic with altis coz civic will win in all the departments
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List