2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CITY 1.5L STEERMATIC vs COROLLA 1.8 VVti AUTOMATIC

Now, I m going to put a thread which may results some harm to TOYOTA LOVERS.

Just compare the
    FEATURES
    of HONDA CITY 1.5L VTEC STEERMATIC & TOYOTA COROLLA 1.8L VVTi ALTIS AUTOMATIC once.

I know ALTIS belongs to upper category from STEERMATIC.

But just consider once. I will assure u it will be real SHOCK to hear the TRUTH.

First PRICE :

The PRICE of HONDA CITY 1.5L VTEC STEERMATIC is Rs. 985,000.

AND

The PRICE of TOYOTA COROLLA 1.8L VVTi ALTIS AUTOMATIC is Rs. 1,309,000

This represents the price difference is 3.24 LACKS.

But still CITY STEERMATIC has got some PLUS POINTS where ALTIS simply LACKS.

I will continue it...

The UPPER HAND of ALTIS is its 134 HP and CITY STEERMATIC has got 110 HP and ALTIS has got AIR BAGS aswell.

But first I would like to hear some comments of TOYOTA LOVERS & HONDA LOVERS.

If any body knows more + points of ALTIS AUTOMATIC over the CITY STEERMATIC then he can simply post and compare it with STEERMATIC aswell.

And please remain this THREAD CLEAN & compare only features of these 2 CARS.

Whats so special about 1.8 VVti ALTIS AUTOMATIC???

Prove this statement.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All COROLLA FANS

There is a lot of burning FIRE i can see from ur comments

First of all that u all should know that i m not against any BRAND.

I just specify the missing features in a well build CAR which should be present at that class.

@shani

I don’t know why u r against more FEATURES in a CAR.

More features in a CAR represent GOOD VALUE OF MONEY. Also ease towards the OWNER.

Do u know why there is comparison between the CARS ???

To explore the number of FEATURES.

There r many TV PROGRAMS as well, say TOPGEAR which is dedicated to AUTOMOBILES. They tested the CAR and then clearly RECOMMEND any of them.

What they really see the number of FEATURES in a CAR and its PERFORMANCE and not the NAME

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THAT THEY CHECK IF ANY CAR IS WORTH OF BUYING IN ITS PRICE OR NOT

@ALL HONDA FANS

It looks like that I make u all real HAPPY.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u4usman4u: superb job bro....thanks for the valuable infos u have posted..
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@uiv

O wah yaar, i m really much impressed by ur reply.

The beauty is that it is based on REAL TRUTH.

I really appreciate it

@shani

Prove this statement.

Actually u didn't get that this STATEMENT is heading towards the DIRECT RIVALS of COROLLA.

if u can PROVE it then go a head

@gogadrum

Welcome

@RL589

Welcome

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am a neutral person here. I own a Liana and trust me there is no comparison of altis and steermatic. Just look at the size of cars no match cabin space no match Altis is way ahead of steermatic. A month a go my father wanted a new car I took him to honda to show him steermatic and then to toyota he simply refused to buy steermatic thogh honda was offering a discoung of 50k on it and we had to pay an own of Rs. 20k on rolla but we went for it just for the look grace and interior space of the car (bought xli). I have driven altis a lot of times and trust me u just press the ect button and floor the gas padel this baby starts flyin. city is simply no match.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UIV

So it seems atlast some one here is talking with some logic nice to see that now come to your logical comments.

Brother if you're comparing the braking mechanism, you must have to know that it is totally unbalanced in all Corollas.

How it is proved ? just because you said it?

They've put larger disc rotors & smaller disc pads - moreover; the loosy ghossy suspension, uneven weight distribution throughout chassis, wider & higher body with lacking G-Force & all is enough to curse the whole braking system.

It looks like you should be there in Toyota engineering department to tell them they are putting large disc rotors and small disc pads so that they will find a good engineer and there breaks improve. As they are doing this mistake from many years . how it is proved that corolla has a loosy ghossy suspension? Because you said so? uneven weight distribution throughout chassis ? any proof? wider & higher body.Yes corolla body is wider than city but city is higher than corolla. Corolla Height is 1480 and that of city is 1485.

the car doesn’t skid forward but side ways, yet another rumor.

Though it’s not very good in light hits but in high speed or serious collision, it’s a very good sign. City has a all around safety cage including door beams & a very effective & flexible crash area protection, just pat the door or any part, it’s been made soft to absorb energy. It also has G-CON technology in addition.

All this technology is useless without air bags in case of head on collision. it only saves you in case of side impact.

Altis has softer suspension than City. It is the biggest joke I have ever heard. Corolla has a very hard suspension and you are telling me that its suspension is softer than city. Good job

City has better weight distribution. Who said that?

City comes with better wheel & tire setup. You make me laugh again.They both have 15 “ Alloy and 185 tyres. So may be as they are fitted in city that makes them better.

Besides that; City has better safety, better handling, roomy interior, better luggage space, Steermatic feature & it’s far beyond in engine, transmission, chassis, safety, electronic & interior/exterior design technology, than Corolla.

City has better safety? What make it more safer the absence of air bag? Absence of Abs or some thing else. roomy interior, better luggage space? Well let me tell you you are a funny guy I like it.

it’s far beyond in engine, transmission, chassis, safety, electronic & interior/exterior design technology, than Corolla.?
    What can I say about that now a pure Honda lover we have here.what is the logic behind all these conclusions that you have driven?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

even if they put 1.8 i-vtec, abs in city.. it still aint any match to altis.. cmon guys be sensible.. city steermatic is already going to be discontinued soon due to poor sales (strong rumour in market) as even 50000/- rebate havent worked out for honda.. and u guys talkin so high about it.. whereas altis sales is picking up after launch of overpriced civic. i may sound irrelevant,, but facatually liana eminent is far better value for money then city vtec.
    If Only Everything in Life was as Reliable as a Diesel. Because Compressed Natural Gas Can't Drive.
    "Member ANTI-CNG Club"

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you guys know anything about AUTOMOTIVES? It doesn’t look so, atleast here!

You can believe in Toyota Engineering but I can’t be one. Anyway, I’m going to study Automotive Engineering in UK, leaving this month, but even after study, I won’t be happy to join a company like Toyota, atleast not Indus-Toyo Pakistan.

If you doubt or disagree with any thing, you must explain it & provide reasons, but not just by saying: WHO SAID, YOU SAID…

If you have any doubt about my knowledge, you can tell me but with proper reasoning, not with childish comments & if you think I’m funny, I suggest you to just sit back & enjoy my posts, have a good laughter! but please, PLEASE, keep those nasty comments to yourself.

Get yourself some knowledge first – I’m not gonna reply any of your concern.
    All what I said is true, so I’m not gonna argue anymore. I’d be more than pleased to show anyone in real time.

END OF CONFLICT FROM MY SIDE – ANY RUDE COMMENT OR PERSONAL ATTACK WOULD BE FORWARDED TOWARDS THE MODERATOR.

(I didn’t use hard words in the start)
    Peace out, brother to brother!

P.S. I don't own a Steermatic.
    Please help us improve Pakwheels.com: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/280118-petition-pakwheels-store-spamming

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gr8amer

What do u say about ALTIS AUTOMATIC ???

Is it a good VALUE of MONEY ???

And LIANA EMINENT doesn't hav an option of STEERMATIC.

Does it hav ???

@Nfs_most_wanted

U r in real LOVE with COROLLA

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since we're got automotive engineers here, lets put get the facts straight
    First of all: iSDI is much more efficient than VVTi, VTEC, iVTEC or any other consumer class Automotive engine. It’s efficiency almost matches to the direct injection diesel engines’ & it does not waste any of the fuel.

Can you refer any site for this info for verification purposes or do you simply want us to take yer word for it ?

Steermatic is CVT with virtual 7 speed computer controlled transmission. You cannot compare it with Automatic Torque converter in Altis. I’ve mentioned dozens of logical & technical reasons to answer ‘WHY’, many times in other topics.

Dude it's not 7 speed it's 7 speed MODES. It's got 7 speed MODES like Altis auto has 2 Speed MODES !

Look man! I’m afraid: it’s me who’s playing logically. You are the one to mention personal experience. Please be gentle with me – watch your words & comments again; about others & about yourself too.
    Do you think I simply logon & write whatever I think? Have you ever read my reply before? I, NO WHERE IN THE FORUM REPLIED WITHOUT TECHNOLOGIC FACTOR & LOGICAL ARGUE.

First of all whatever i said wasn't directed at you and if you DID feel offended well that wasn't my intention. What i'm trying to say and have been saying in this post since te beginning is people need to stop posting things such as that engine is better than this engine. I'm just plain stating facts about what the altis has and what the city lacks or has.

Do you think Steermatic feature is just a useless toy? It’s a computer controlled CVT system. CVT is not only lighter than conventional torque converter but also offers unlimited gear ratios & unlimited speeds. It take fraction of a second to change speeds & keeps power band much more higher than the other trannies. It’s the F1 types technology, used in higher end cars only. It’s the future of transmission. You might be able to enjoy it in Corolla after a decade.

Have you actually read me saying anything wrong about steermatic ? I personaly think it's a great feature. But stating that since city has steermatic it's alot better than Altis is going WAY overboard with ye emotions ! My friend u4usman4u was putting up the steermatic function as a TOY which i was trying to inform him won't be considered as a TOY while buying a brand new car ! I don't think anyone who's going to buy a car with his hard earned cash is going to buy a city just for the sake of steermatic. The 1.5 city is a great car in it 's price range period. There's nothing wrong with it. But it has NO comparison whatsoever with the Altis (so my point being this post had no solid base for a discussion)

shani bro: i know i know U will disagree with everything uiv posted like u have been doing with other bros.

All in ye head buddy !

I just specify the missing features in a well build CAR which should be present at that class.

I Strongly agree the altis lacks the sun roof and the retracting mech for side mirrors. Still just look at ye post and the topic you started......

Prove this statement.

I don't see any mention of the lack of features. IF the car lacks the sun roof it doesn't mean it's not worth buying. It's good value for money and cars WITHOUT sun roofs are still being sold. Just for comparison's sake check out the price of the new civic 2006 Oriel..

VTi Oriel - Manual Transmission Rs: 1,459,000.00

They're charging that much for a car with 1.8 L and a sun roof ? that's high way robbery. Judge a car with it's price and the features it HAS not the ones it lacks. Don't expect to buy a mehran with ABS. It's got the features that they're charging for. The corolla brand SHOULD have a sun roof option but it's lacking.. STILL it doesn't mean the altis isn't good value for money. That's simply a wrong way of judging the value for money of a car.

Actually u didn't get that this STATEMENT is heading towards the DIRECT RIVALS of COROLLA.

if u can PROVE it then go a head.

hmm no idea whatcha saying there dude.

I have driven altis a lot of times and trust me u just press the ect button and floor the gas padel this baby starts flyin. city is simply no match.

200 % agreed !! Love the rush !

Do you guys know anything about AUTOMOTIVES? It doesn’t look so, atleast here!

Hehe personal opinions again my friend.

If you doubt or disagree with any thing, you must explain it & provide reasons, but not just by saying: WHO SAID, YOU SAID…

The things u're stating are your opinions not facts. That's why you need to provide stuff to back it up !

@Nfs_most_wanted

Rightly said my friend ! We need facts not opinions. Strong Xli sales (despite their lousy brakes) prolly mean Pakistani people aren't that knowledgable but it might also mean Xli is a good value for money car .
    Minor bun engine made Benny Lava...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shani

Very cleverly u skipped my questions.

This represents ur COWARDNESS.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What questions are you talking about ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Switch to Page # 3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now all these CARS has the OPTION OF SUNROOF. Does COROLLA ALTIS hav it ???

Where does COROLLA stands then ???

Toyota Corolla Prolly stands for the highest selling (way ahead of city) family sedan in it's category.

People buy COROLLA only for its NAME but in FEATURE DEPARTMENT it is FAR BEHIND from its direct RIVAL

People have different preferences. You like the sun roof option, so do i, doesn't mean i won't buy an altis cause of that. I have alot of other reason for buying it.

And also SALES to MEHRAN ki bhi ho rahe hai. What do u say about it ???

Not everyone in this country can afford a city. People who want a car with easy spare parts access and cheap maintaince go for the mehran. It's a different class. Now are you gonna start debating about the sales of the honda 125 too ?

As PALAY KHAN wrote the statement which is VERY TRUE in PAKISTAN only (unfortunatey)

so wats the big deal if city is gud r if VVTI is gud,,this is pakistan people still buy name not car!!!!

Unfortunate for yoy maybe. Not for the people who're actually buying the car.

Ok all TOYOTA LOVERS, forget the BRANDS of these 2 CARS for some time and honestly reply that which one good VALUE of MONEY ???

What price range are you taking into consideration ?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am getting sick of this now ...

i bliv we have reach a decision here now. so no point dragging the poor old topic ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shani

Which one is worth of its money ???

And u didn't tell that why r u against any feature pack car ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And how exactly did you deduce that i'm against a feature packed car ?

Frankly i think The lancer Models are worth their money more than the Xli and Gli, Although the altis is in a class of it's own. That's my personal preference and has nothing to do with any FACTS.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shani

I repeat my query just for the sake of simplicity.

I don’t know why u r against more FEATURES in a CAR.

More features in a CAR represent GOOD VALUE OF MONEY. Also ease towards the OWNER.

Do u know why there is comparison between the CARS ???

To explore the number of FEATURES.

There r many TV PROGRAMS as well, say TOPGEAR which is dedicated to AUTOMOBILES. They tested the CAR and then clearly RECOMMEND any of them.

What they really see the number of FEATURES in a CAR and its PERFORMANCE and not the NAME.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THAT THEY CHECK IF ANY CAR IS WORTH OF BUYING IN ITS PRICE OR NOT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

More features in a CAR represent GOOD VALUE OF MONEY

Agreed

Now calculate the value of the features in the Honda City and then Compare it with the features and price in Toyota Altis and tell me if the Altis is not worth it..

300 CC / 24 hp / 28 NM Difference
    ABS
    4 Wheel Disc Brakes
    ABS
    Air Bags
    Bigger Body

The City has
    A Sun Roof
    Steermatic Trans.

Put them in perspective and u'll see the justification for the Altis's Value for money in it's price range and the city's value for money in IT'S price range.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u4usman4u

Alrite if this is the way u think then yes u r rite liana eminent does not has steermatic.

BUT

Does city has ABS?
    Does city has EBD?
    Does city has Fog Lamps?
    Does City has MP3 Player?
    Does City has engine emobilizer?
    Does city has keyless entry?
    Does city has Glass embedded Antenna?
    Does city has digital clock? (talking about real one, not the stereo one)
    Does city has side skirts?
    Does city has Outside temprature guage?
    Does city has twin cam engine?

This all stuff u get with liana eminent which isn’t in ur all time favourite city 1.5,, and yes u get all of this in less price then city.

Buddy U seem to be too much in luv with city.. it aint that good.. come out of it now.

Altis rocks btw.
    If Only Everything in Life was as Reliable as a Diesel. Because Compressed Natural Gas Can't Drive.
    "Member ANTI-CNG Club"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers