391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Confusion!

Salaams guys. This is slightly confusing so think carefully and let me know. I ordered a brand new corolla from japan in `97 but they gave a zero metre `93-94 one. My father didnt believe me and now we're stuck with it till today because the car originally cost 6.5 lacs but with duty & taxes, it turned 13 lacs. Now the problem is that even though the inner parts are of `97 and so are the papers, the shape is the 93 type. It is also accidented from the right front which means part of the engine though it has never given us any problem. I just want a change and so want to know how much it'll go for. Remember, its imported in `97, shape `93 and 1.3 petrol. It also has several features which only car lovers'll understand besides a fasinating speedo metre which has km and miles besides being fully loaded with a tilt steering. Hurry!

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It really is confusing how they shipped u a 97 Corolla which actually looks like a 93. If i am not mistaken a 97 Corolla has the same shape as a 93 Corolla. The shape was changed world-wide(excluding Pakistan which is on Mars)in 1998. So i think u should have no trouble selling your own Corolla as a 97 model. As for the price i think that the asking price for a Japanese assembled 97 Corolla should be quite high. Visit this site and you'll get an idea about the shape changes.http://www.samarins.com/reviews/corolla.html. Hope this helps.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes it is confusing coz u order a corolla in 1997 & got old shaped 1.Well in Japan toyota change the model in late 1995.
    u can check model year from ur seat belts.
    Just look at the back of ur seatbelts downside near driving seat,u found a fabric tag there.read everything on the tag, everything is there.

1996-97 japanese model pictures

CONFUSION! -618966

CONFUSION! -618967

CONFUSION! -618968

Well if u order TOYOTA for the car then definate they deliver u from other place not from Japan coz we have not speed meter in miles here only in KM.
    I hope there comes a day when cancer goes back to just being a zodiac sign

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I KNOW THAT ONE SGOULD SEE THE BELTS AND THE TIRE RIMS. THE TIRES SAY 1995, THE REAR BELTS SAY 1996 WHILE THE FRONT ONES SAY 1997! NOW WHAT? MEHRAN, OSAKA IS RIGHT THOUGH I PERSONALLY THINK JAPAN CHANGED ITS SHAPE IN 1997. AS FOR MY MODEL, ITS THE 1993 ONE POSTED IN THE ADDRESS YOU'VE GIVEN ME . . . THANKS . . . AND OSAKA, WE ORDERED THE CAR FROM TOYOTA MOTORS SO REALLY, GOD KNOWS WHERE THEY GOT IT FROM BECAUSE I MYSELF HAVE YET TO SEE ANOTHER SPEEDOMETRE LIKE MINE. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, WE SHOULD'VE GOTTEN THE ONE YOU'VE POSTED. BUT . . .WHAT DO I DO NOW? HOW CAN I CONTACT TOYOTA JAPAN, IF OF ANY USE? THEIR SITE IS SO USELESS.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think there is no use to knocking on toyota pakistan coz they don't care about us.
    Well if u order direct to TOYOTA JAPAN then i try to figure my part in this matter.I can complain to Toyota quality control service as i am near to them.If u feel comfort to let me do so then mail me ur corolla's detail.
    u can mail me here
    osakaboy_1999@yahoo.com
    I hope there comes a day when cancer goes back to just being a zodiac sign

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The link i posted was i think US this model was sold only in Asia and u r rite the shape was changed in end 95. i completely forgot abt this 1. But i think u shud have no trouble selling ur car. Just put in the words 'Japan assembled', 'new shape' etc & it will be sold.

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As for the speedo reading in miles & kms, my dad's 80 Corolla DX has the same dual unit meter.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List