Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What is the fuel consumption of Altis (1.8 VVT-i)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default What is the fuel consumption of Altis (1.8 VVT-i)

Hello brothers!
    i have purchased a new toyota corolla altis 1.8 vvti 2 months ago.i m trying to find out its exact fuel average(km/ltr) but i still can't do.so if any body of u have altis or any experience about it then please tell me about its average in city and highway.also with/without ac.thnx please.
    For want of modesty is want of sense.
    comsian.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aamirq View Post
    u cannot get the lost horsepower back which an engine loses as it ages! yeh woh wali baat kardi tum ne keh jawani mein u can lift 500kg ahraam seh but as u age and get old u cant lift that 500kg so easily anymore its not that uv changed ur the same person same everything but bones adn muscles pe wear and tear has taken place! and eating vitamins and drinking protein shakes will not give u the same stamina and energy as which u had jawani mein! same goes for an engine...liquids and other stuff cannot fix the wear and tear thats already taken place on the cylinders,pistons,valves etc and is taking place in the engine!
    depends on a lot of factors, say you are only comparing fuel efficiency have you been using the same pump for 7 years? same oil etc, 90% of the performance can be reclaimed by the above procedure, if you want more use higher quality products down the line like say if you have been suing havoline or shell switch to liqui moly and mobil1, try another pump, how religiously has it been maintained according to the maintenance schedule in owners manual rather than going with ustaad ji, have you ever cleaned its catalytic converter etc etc this would restore the performance back to 99%, and the remaining one percent you won't notice as you have been driving the car all the time and as it gradually looses performance yowl become accustomed to it too without it being noticeable, but it can be reclaimed hoverer if its on CNG then there is absolutely no hope of reclaiming any performance whatsoever happy driving
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhatti sb, why can't performance on petrol be restored if car has been running on CNG for few years? I want to understand this as there are different opinions about this among my friends.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faraz my GLi has done 155k and still gives me 10 without A/C and with A/C around 9.8

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farazh View Post
    Bhatti sb, why can't performance on petrol be restored if car has been running on CNG for few years? I want to understand this as there are different opinions about this among my friends.
    with CNG you put a extra wear and tear on many different components not all of which can be restored, CNG takes it toll on things such as a fuel pump which can only be replaced, injectors suffer too and only ultrasonic cleaning would make a difference, the factory settings get messed up etc, it is reccomanded to drive on petrol for 5-10 km for every 1000km but even so i have yet to see a car running on CNG which was in better performance shape than a car of comparable age and milage running on petrol provided both cars have been maintained on schedule, just my 2 cents i am not a CNG expert nor do i have ever owned a CNG car myself

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a 2.5kva chinese generator running on natural gas, and had to replace its valves because mechanic says the valves are some other slightly softer material compared to cylinder and piston which are steel, and the extra heat generated by natural gas burns the valves and they don't create a complete seal after a couple thousand hours. Didn't know whether he was right or not.
    @huzaifa13, thats pretty good, and perhaps a tune and some parts change might improve it. Check with seniors.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 1.8 vvti

My 08 Altis 1.8 cruisetronic gives 12.8 within city.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tayyabtariq View Post
    My 08 Altis 1.8 cruisetronic gives 12.8 within city.
    Its good.
    But the fuel consumption & mileage of new altis (2014/2015) CVT-I is far better than it.
    On the other side, the car is expensive too.
    Sir, your car is not Eco Idle? But I guess new models are (Specially the automatic ones).
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Its good.
    But the fuel consumption & mileage of new altis (2014/2015) CVT-I is far better than it.
    On the other side, the car is expensive too.
    Sir, your car is not Eco Idle? But I guess new models are (Specially the automatic ones).
    ECO idle in corolla? no corolla models yet have start stop technology, new ones are on doubt on fuel economy better but i also find each new 1.8 engine to be dimwitted and slow.

have a 2006 and 2010 1.8 altis, and drove the grande as well, for sheer acceleration the 2006 still felt better and more responsive, the 2010 a bit numb, and the grande also good grunt but the CVT gives a slippery feel in D and if you use paddles the gears are short shift so you have to constantly flick pedals to downshift to a acceptable gear. the combination of more weight, more busy tranmission and eco and other electronic nannies has reduced the responsiveness and snappiness of the power train with only 5-8hp improvements but good fuel economy bump.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa ,

Dear Brothers can anyone tell me about fuel average of 2005 Altis in petrol as well as on CNG. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List