1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever

The Toyota Corolla is a compact car produced by the Japanese automaker Toyota, which has become very popular throughout the world since the nameplate was first introduced in 1966. In 1997, the Corolla became the bestselling car in the world, with over 30 million sold as of 2007. Over the past 40 years, one Toyota Corolla car has been sold on average every 40 seconds.

Corollas are currently manufactured in Japan, the United States (Fremont, California), the United Kingdom (Derbyshire), Canada (Cambridge, Ontario), Malaysia, China (Tianjin), Taiwan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, South Africa, Brazil, Turkey, Philippines, Thailand, Venezuela, and India.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla#_note-1

(this is enough for those who think corolla is a junk, infact its the most popular car throughout the world and has got the most number of "satisfied" customers than any other brand)
    if tc=p then hc=m where tc is equal to toyota corolla and p is equal to paindu, and hc is equal to honda civic and m is equal to moron

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@lotus

If success is about selling vloumes then i have no doubts that corolla is a success but its not as big a success as is hyped all around expecially in Pakistan.

If you ask about my personal opinion, i am unable to understand why people always keep on complaining about it and then keep on buying it because of resale. Every single corolla i have met agrees with my observations about the car but still people keep on buying it. Also, to me, success is not by sales volume. I can bet if w all start buying one car brand from today, no matte how bad the car is, it will become a symbol of resale value abnd it will carry premium on its sale. this is exactly what corolla is all about. people want resale and they buy corolla.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was thinking to sell my XLi and the next choice (over which I prefered Xli in 2005 despite it was 100,000 rupees cheaper )was to buy a Citi for myself, because after selling my 2005 Xli I can buy a 2008 new City again.

But last weekend, I had to break suddenly in front of Shifa international hospital because a Chevy (1000C) suddenly stopped in order to avert a collision.

My Xli skidded for a few yards, but it stopped about 4 feet before the Chevy and I said Oh Thanks God, but then I heard a bang at the back.

The guy behind in a new City hit my bumber and he said that he breaked but her City skidded and kept rolling and only was stopped by my car.

Now what should I buy? Lancer and Nissan are good but beyond my budget. Liana, I don't like its shape. Can't think about imports, first they are costly and then again their parts are way too costly and hard to find everywhere.

So I have no option but to keep driving the current one. Now don't tell me to buy a used Civic. I am no more going to buy a used car, which I don't know how much abuse done to it by the previous owner.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile

First of all, thank GOD that you are okay.

ABout your choice of car, sadly in Pakistan we dont have much choices, thats why corolla is the king

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with Durani1 , such comments should be avoided.

@ahmadbila
    bhai take it easy a lil
    Drawing on my fine command of the language, I said nothing

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with Spectra!
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai izzat maab spectra saahib... if sales in such a large number isnt success, that too in the international market not pakistan.. what else do u want??? even when corolla is being sold after every 40 seconds globally & being awarded 5 stars by the EuroNcap in its safety ratings.... still u wana complaint??? i know the local corolla might not be upto the standards but again, this thread is dedicated to corollas, not a specific pakistani corolla..
    if tc=p then hc=m where tc is equal to toyota corolla and p is equal to paindu, and hc is equal to honda civic and m is equal to moron

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lets put some light on the history of Corolla, the first generation in 1966 called the E10 series.. (remember that the chasis code for corolla is "E")

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791109

The Corolla was launched in Japan in October 1966. Eiji Toyoda said it worked hard to create popular demand, and disputes that Toyota rode a wave of private car ownership that was taking off in the mid-1960s. Its major competitor was the Datsun 1000, released a few months before the Corolla.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The initial car, the KE1x series was small, with a 90 in (2286 mm) wheelbase.

Transmission was by a 4-speed floor shift manual transmission or a 2-speed floor or column shift automatic transmission, with rear wheel drive. At the time, floor shift transmissions were considered only for trucks and 4 speeds implied that the engine didn't have enough torque to drive through only 3 gears (more torque allows each gear to have a wider spread of engine revolutions, thus requiring fewer gears). This was a big risk for Toyota but the effectiveness of the new system gained in popularity

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The second generation, the E20 series was launched in 1970, had "coke-bottle" styling. It had a longer 91.9 in (2334 mm) wheelbase. The front suspension design was improved greatly, using a swaybar, however the rear remained relatively the same. The Corolla became the second-best selling car in the world that year. Grades for sedan were Standard, Deluxe, and Hi-Deluxe. The coupé was offered in Deluxe, SL, SR, and Levin as well as Sprinter variants. The Sprinter Trueno was equivalent to the Corolla Levin.

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791110

(please note that the car became the second best throughout the world only in its 5th year of production)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Third generation — E30, E40, E50 series — April 1974

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791111

The third-generation Toyota Corolla, built from 1974 to 1979 (worldwide versions) (KE3x/KE5x), marked Toyota's greatest growth in the United States in the wake of the fuel crisis. In addition to the Sprinter, there was a redesigned-body version built by Toyota affiliate Daihatsu, called the Daihatsu Charmant. While there were certain fourth-generation models with a longer model life, this generation, when considered as a whole, was the longest-lived one, possibly due to the worldwide recession in the 1970s. A large range of cars were built using this chassis, including Corollas, Sprinters, Daihatsu, and the sporty Levin and Trueno models with the DOHC motor.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This E20 series resembles like a 1970 Mustang :p
    I know tomorrow brings the consequence at hand, but I keep living this day like the next will never come.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fourth generation — E70 series — 1979

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791112

The fourth-generation model released in 1979 in Japan, was boxy and was the last generation to have the entire lineup in rear-wheel-drive.

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791113

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fifth generation — E80 series — 1983

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791114

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791115

The fifth generation is generally regarded as the most popular Corolla when measured against its contemporaries, and some 3.3 million units were produced. This model, from 1983, moved the Corolla into front wheel drive, except for the AE85 and AE86 Corolla Levin / Sprinter Trueno models (SR-5 / GT-S in USA) which continued on the older rear wheel drive platform, along with the three-door "liftback" (E72), three-door van (E70) and five-door wagon (E70) of the previous generation, that were still being produced.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sixth generation — E90 series — May 1987

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791116

All Corollas were front-drive for 1987, with production beginning in May 1987. For general export, the trim levels are Base, XL, GL, SE, and SE Limited. The GT-i was sold in limited numbers in certain countries. The all wheel drive Sprinter Carib wagon used a solid axle rear suspension with coil springs, while the rest used struts all around. The 4WD wagon was sold from 1988 to 1994 and had different bodywork to other Corollas. It was called the All-Trac in the US and sold with the Tercel or Corolla name in some countries. in general, all models depart from the previous generation's boxy styling, for a more contemporary look and improved aerodynamics.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seventh generation — E100 series — June 1991

the well known indus corolla hehehe

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791117

The next Corolla (AE10x/EE10x) was larger, heavier, and visually more aerodynamic than the model it replaced, with development chief Dr. Akihiko Saito wanting to develop a 'mini-Lexus', after success with that range's flagship. With its 2465 mm (97 in) wheelbase, the Corolla had moved into the compact size class once occupied by the Toyota Corona and Toyota Camry. The coupé was dropped for North America, replaced by the Paseo.

The Corolla sedan is nicknamed "Great Corolla" in Indonesia. Initially the trim levels were 1.3 SE and 1.6 SE-G. The smaller engine model was replaced by 1.6 SE in 1994.

The 1.3 XLi, 1.5 GLi sedan, wagon, and Levin 1.5 SJ coupé were sold in Hong Kong.

In the Philippines, three variants were sold, XL and XE with 1.3-liter carbureted (2E) engines, and the GLi, with a 1.6-liter fuel-injected motor (4A-FE). The top model was offered in both manual and automatic transmissions. The Corolla was also the first 1.6-liter car to introduce 14-inch alloy wheels to the country in 1992. Other pioneer features that followed were rear seatbelts (late 1994) and a driver's airbag (late 1995).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Eighth Generation — E110 series — May 1995

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791118

The eighth generation, which shared its platform (and doors, on some models) with its predecessor, was introduced in May 1995. Due to a recession, Toyota ordered that Corolla development chief Takayasu Honda cut costs, hence the carryover engineering.

For the general market, the Corolla was offered in Base, XLi, GLi, and SE-G trim levels

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ninth generation — E120 series — August 2000

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791119

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791120

The ninth-generation Corolla (NZE120/ZZE120) appeared in August 2000 with edgier styling and a longer 2600 mm (102.4 in) wheelbase. It is built on a shortened Toyota Vista platform—the Vista being a mid-sized, rather than compact car.

The Corolla has also spawned another multi-purpose vehicle, the Matrix, sold in Canada and the United States, and forms the basis of the Pontiac Vibe. The Vibe, in turn, was sold with a different grille in Japan and is called the Toyota Voltz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tenth Generation — E140 series — October 2006

Corolla The Most Successful Car Ever -791121

The tenth generation Corolla was released in Japan on October 10, 2006. The sedan is now known as the Corolla Axio.[4] The Axio name was created from the Greek word "axia", meaning "things with value". The station wagon retains the Corolla Fielder name. To save neck-twisting, the Corolla gets Toyota's latest intelligent parking-assist system. The option costs ¥105,000, or $879 at current exchange rates. A backup camera monitor is standard. The RunX was replaced by the Toyota Auris and the Spacio was discontinued.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A rearview monitor displays an image of the area to the rear of the vehicle while backing up to reduce the burden on the driver when parking (standard on all Corolla Axio models).

The optional advanced Intelligent Parking Assist system supports steering operations when parallel parking and backing into a parking space. Ultrasonic sensors installed on the front of the vehicle detect other parked vehicles and based on the results estimate the physical dimensions of a vacant parking space and set the target parking position. The Corolla Axio features a new Pre-crash Safety System that uses millimeter-wave radar. When the millimeter-wave radar detects a high risk of collision, the Pre-crash Seatbelts provide better initial restraint capabilities for passengers while the Pre-Crash Brake Assist system decelerates the vehicle to reduce the collision speed and contribute to less collision-caused damage. The new Radar Cruise Control system detects and monitors the preceding vehicle and the lane, maintaining a fixed distance according to the preceding vehicle's speed within a preset range of speed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can clap about all the history of corolla and its sales but whats the use. We get overpriced cars with bad quality from them. You are admitting that yourself. Internationaly, it carrier a plain vanilla A to B image and thats it. Mostly used commercially. What is so breathtaking about it. I still think beetle is a bigger and better success story and it was an actual car of the people. Corolla does not have that class or charisma even if it is sold every 40 seconds. you can try but you cannot stop me from voicing my opinion. also i have another corolla coming in my garage soon but i still cannot start raving about it that its the best car in the world. More details of my corolla to follow soon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

User Tag List