Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: comparison Corolla GLI and Honda city(NEW)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default comparison Corolla GLI and Honda city(NEW)

i wanna buy a new car...i have the options of city and Gli.....plz help me out which one is better in which respect plzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

city is great

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

reason being????????????????
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gli ....... huge body , spare + resale 2 gud, repair easly available , more spacious than city, boot more spacious + runs fast then city, cos its 1.3 L ....... but have one drawback , 1 and only, bad breakes,

city ...... 1.2L car, better engine , sound-less , aerodynamics are to gud, milleage is more better then city, lil compact, bad resale + repair cost then gli, breakes better then corolla .

i own gli, happy with its speed + comfort on bad roads, but only prob i have is its breakes, they are just not reliable even i put 195 tyres but still , its buggy, else ....... city is best value of money, gli is way costy for its price,

if u wana keep zero meter car for more than 3-4 years , then buy city, otherwise , gli would be best choice,

cheerz
    !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks buddy for your comparison..................i have driven both of them but seriously i felt more acceleration while driving city...........but u r saying GLI runs faster then city............is it like initially pick wise city will lead GLI n after the longer gears corolla will run faster??????????????
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rizwan

yes initial pick of corolla is way better then city, and yes city really rocks after 90 or 100 km/hr speed, but the fact is ........

gli is more powered like 1.3 with some more hp than city, thats y its faster, but as city have some gud shape, more aerodynamics , so it also overcomes lil bit that power factor, but if u ask me , both cars are under-powered,
    gli eats like hell after 130 km/hr speed, and city eat to much after 110 km/hr ......
    !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@stonedsaint

thanks for your concern buddy...................

is there any1 else who thinks city is faster car then corolla Gli ?????????????????????????????????
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

stonedsaint's comments are totally accurate, dude remember that city is better in technology and quality control and safety too

but the iDSI version is not at all meant for racing or drag, but has great fuel economy and runs great on CNG!!! (manual)

city's pick is more like a diesel and it is true that it runs great after you cross 80, bro i am speaking from experience not word of mouth coz i used to own one
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar i suggest u to wait and see new corolla model .
    iam a rude dude

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay Fine Let me take over this once again!

The Gli Corolla is a +10 (1 million) machine and City is almost as less as Liana though still it crosses 8,50K +.

Now lets talk about the resale. We all know that Toyota is a car that stands for resale and money value for over long long period of time any where around the world while Honda looses its value as quickly as one can imagine the money slipping away from the pocket. The car is no more of worth once its purchased and used. So I'd always and always suggest you to opt for Rolla Gli which is a better buying in all other options.
    I know that when you are like almost spending 10+ Lakhs you want to remain 10+ for some time while Honda no matter City or Civic always ditches its owner in terms of value and cash.

Maintenance: Toyota Corolla is a way better option for having to maintain its parts also that the engine internals are very cheap comparatively and economical in all aspects. This also is known to every other person. Your teachers and lawyers and neighbors and relatives and parents and govt officers and officials and who else not own it?

Technical Side:

Toyota utilizes a 2NZ-FE engine with quad cam (double over head cam) which is far far far better than Honda City's SOHC setup.
    Yes the Corolla produces some 88bhp while City produces some 80bhp so imagine the final power which is always delivered to the wheels. The compression ratio and torque is always better in 2NZ-FE.

First of all don’t confuse City's engine to be a 1.3L because it is actually 1.2L not 1.3L. The City that we get here uses L12a while the one in India probably i guess L13a. and City's I-Dsi isn't really felt very operative on merely a small 1250CC SOHC so how'd you take the benefits.

Now off on Corolla:
    I can agree that Corolla looks dug comparatively to City and you already give a sacrifice to road grip but at least you gain ground clearance which you always lack in any Honda either it be the City or Civic. Remember that in this country we need road clearance and not the grip unless you aren't a racer and always like driving in posh areas. Even then the resale is decreased over Honda City or Civic.

Corolla provides the best swapping option any time you plan to go upgraded by slapping in any powerful engine like Altis's 1ZZFE or even the 4AGES and 3SGTE (Turbo) due to all car's same chasis.

So the decision is all yours. But keep in mind Corolla is a family sedan which is totally meant for Pakistani roads and gives you the cash anytime you want while City is a car that has been made i dont know what it has been made for

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Rizwan 85

Dude City is no way more powerful in accordency with Rolla Gli/Xli but remember when you talk about the speed the things mostly trickle down to power to weight factors. City is a lighter car so might take advantages in some gears only some gears but we have raced both cars many times and results were like almost 50/50. Corolla isnt able to take up the lead at higher speeds but Corolla is still a wayyyy better car.

We generally have a ricer image here between people talkin like O yaar City ya hai wo hai Cheetay Civic kia kamal gare hai but actualy such Bozo's have no know how to what a power and economy is being like. A little seed is nothing.

If you wanna get down to speed then spend some 2 lakhs get 1988 or 1990 Honda Hatch back slap in B16 or b18 upgrade the cam shafts, get backcat exhaust, port and polish the valves, improve the cam profiles, use forged pistions and then go out on the track for racings. Whats like being having a small mind and talking about speed on small family sedans like City and Corolla? thats merely a stupidity

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

boombastic :p

Typo Typo Typo Bro !

The new Corolla E-140 which will be using 2ZR-FE replaced by 1ZZ-FE in Altis in 1.8L catageory the probably the same 2NZ-FE VVti in 1.3 L catageories is no way to be launched earlier.

its just a rumour. A very reliable souce from Corolla told me that before 2010 Corolla isn't planning to launch new car in the market because it doesnt want to devalue its existing customer Do you get me on that?

Toyota decides its product lines and launch by forseeing its sales and currently the fact is that a single Xli is outselling all your Honda Civic's and City's alone so there is no chance of launch. The E-140 Corolla i mean the new upcoming Mini camry jisay ap loug kehtay hein is enjoy its high sales in USDM and EUDM but apas ki aik aur baat bataon

Wo Corolla fazool hai expect that its interior the car isnt very stylish and good. I happened to drive a hatch back E-140 in London and it was just like okay not a great fun so never wait for new Corolla or you'll kept waiting !

Ya Honda nein hai k try this technology that technology every 4 5 years aur pir failure tu try next shape and technology. Corolla is in as well keeps its customers Inn.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Retrograde (yehan tu kisi ko khaak nein pata na yaar)
    I agree with retrograde

Who says I-Dsi is meant for racing and Drags

Is he delibrately trying to be nutz or proving himself a dork over here dude?

I-Dsi intelligent dual and sequential ignition is meant for drags?

Hahaha and what does DOHC and More valves and performence plugs and headers and cold intake manifolds and Turbo and and Nitrous and Performence shfts and better cam profiles and seprate throttle bodies and modified engines are meant for? hahahaha

Yaar I-Dsi is merely a system of double tip plug which gives you a complete burn of the total mixture present in the cumbustion chamber to have optimum level of performence for producing less radiations in the enviornement and better fuel consumption.

hahahaah tch drags !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I hope kuch thora bohat samj agae hu ge what things are like.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

reza bahi writing fancy lingo will not get you anywhere, just calm down and dont play Jeremy Clark of Pakwheels..

i am speaking from actual driving experience, not the 80% bull that you have written. People will still buy what they like, i was just giving my comments which i believe are accurate

honda always has edge in technology and comfort which toyota lacks, especially the indus version SUCKS!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why can't we get out of the "resale" mentality? why do you people want to think about selling something before even buying it?

depreciation is a part of life, take a deep breath and digest the fact

Here is my comparison

Economy=City
    Drive Comfort=City
    Resale=Corolla
    Parts=Corolla
    Value For Money=City
    Pakistani Mentality=Corolla
    Bharram / Brand Factor=Corolla

Gli just does not justify the 10+ Lakh price and that's a fact, features vice we have Liana which offers more to the table than Gli at around 8 Lakh Rs.

Most of us fail to understand that we are talking about econo class sedan's here which are meant to take a family from point A to point B with comfort and economy in mind.

If 0-60 time is something which is your cup of tea than don't be a cheap *** and go buy yourself a RX-8 econo sedan is something you should not be looking for
    Lost in /dev/null

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

also reza is encouraging engine swaps...kaka it is not a piece of cake like changing your pants.......

man....he sound like another ***** on pakwheels, i bet he has changed his nick again!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

City's breaks are not that good either, in my latest accident a city came skidding and hit my Xli's rear bumber. The owner said that he breaked, but his car did not stop. It was a new car. So what do you say.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Retrogate

Bro you got a bit offensive. I know swapping isnt like changing pants thats why i change more engines than i change my pants.

Changing pants can be as easy as swapping a G16b block on the G13b machine because i myself have swapped a g13b over the khyber and we one of my Rahim Bhai's Skyline in Lahore which produces 650Whp at the dyno was just our hands game.

I know we have been into tuning a supra which produces 450hp a twin turbo and one of my dude was the one to slap in a 7MGTe's block. Lolz

Dont get offensive but even the blind knows that either it be the Xli or Gli or 2.OD or Altis all have the same chasis.

Retrgoate Bro !
    I actually appretiated what you said because i know your comments were the one i appretiated truly about City's.

I know Corolla lacks a bit comfort and road grip is sacrifised like i said before but why dont you forget that its stiffer suspension gives you all the ground clearence.

Fine Fine Fine

Some one says Indus Corolla (E-100) Sux

tell me how many times a day you see a rolla of 86 and 88 and upcoming trims on the roads and how many Hondas?

If Honda were so good at technology all you Mr. James Meys why does the car end up so early? haan?

Want me to write more? I can ... just say what makes you think like a ricer?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One of the reason Toyota is popular here is becoz it was the first brand entered in our Pakistani Market around 60's.

On the other hand, Honda i believe entered in 90's. The reason you are talking about so many corolla's is our Pakistani mentallity. I am also a victom of this mentality and was about to buy a XLi when suddenly ended up with City due to family pressure.
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List