Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: comparison Corolla GLI and Honda city(NEW)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default comparison Corolla GLI and Honda city(NEW)

i wanna buy a new car...i have the options of city and Gli.....plz help me out which one is better in which respect plzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is true that he has got some knowlegde but that wil not change fact this GLI is an overpriced piece of crap and naturally will be loved by our people since they have tons of hard cash . City is way better and cheaper than XLI and GLI. Just see what are you getting in 10+ for GLI?

i would still say honda is better than toyota (in pak auto scene) - dont care about how they are doing in USA, UK or even Mars
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Lotus

Bhai actually what problem lies with we people is that we hardly drive any of the big lux cars so our minds are stucked with Civic. A ricer is always like a Honda Honda Honda when for him a performence car is something with big side skirts and fake spoilers and freaky-looking intercooler and no performence on the engines.

I was once talking to a honda person and i told him that what their problem is that Honda tries to seequeze all sorts of features in their single car and hence they over-shadowed by their rivals especially Toyota.

Waise ap k name se yaad aya your Lotus elice also utilizes the Toyota's 1ZZFE (Altis wala engine) and said to be the most lightest car. My uncle the propritor of go-cart-racing scene in Karachi owns this one kabee drive nein ki.

Any way getting back to the topic, no Honda person in my whole life could ever come up with a valid reason that why he likes Civic/City.
    I agree to retrogate that Toyota Gli and not only Gli but 2.OD Se, Saloon, Altis (M & A/T), Xli are all over charged cars but its a value money because when you go into the market you almost like rocover all the money.

Any way who tells me that its overpriced so tell me why does reborn outprice all Toyota?
    I suggested and made many people buy a fairly used mark 2 Grande or CL7 in 15 to 16 Lakhs instead of spending 1.5 Million rupees for a R18A engined Civic which isnt that expensive and after 2 years i dont see its future. Yehi baat muj se Managing director at Honda Shahid Ikram ne kahee thi.

And in upper cars Camry with 2AZFE, mark II with IGFE and 3SGE, Mark X one of the legendary and my fav car with 4GRFSE and and 3.0L displacement are the things that Honda can never think about.

Ab who wants to for reshaped/reborn Civic in the price of Mark II or CL 7 ?

When some one talks about speed then why not to buy a Rx 7 in 7 lakhs or A Renesis Rotary engined Rx 8 for almost like 11 Lakhs?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

People usually talk about Honda and stuff on very baseless things. And you say that every one seems to be preffering Honda and Toyota's price tag is an issue but spending 15 Lakh for a Civic? Oh my God !

What do you get in spending 1.5 Million for a car like Civic? And which is over charged car then?

Some one tells me if Toyota is all not at all preffered why A SINGLE XLI OUTSELLS ALL CITITES AND CIVICS AND WHY DOES ALL TOYOTA TRIMS OUTSELLS CIVIC AND CITY OF 3 YEARS SALES AT ONCE?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh thats a good one - you think rolla XLI/GLI have a million reasons to justify their buy, gimme a break

forget about resale coz we all know all nice cars take abeating in pakistan and crap sell like hot cakes, as you can see not everyone is bright like you

coming back to the reason i went for city steermatic:

1. better shape
    2. better aerodymanics
    3. better braking
    4. better quality control
    5. kool EPS
    6. Superb VTEC engine
    7. CVT Roxxx
    8. 5 Alloys with dunlop low profile tires (though they do make the ride stiff)
    9. optitron meter
    10. 7-speed mode

need i say more?????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

do not compare a city to a corolla. both diff leagues. city shud be compared to a platz ot a nissan tida. since u chose to compare the high end steermatic with the gli, id enlighten u abt the options available in the higher end corolla

- extremely POWERFUL VVT-i engine. can thrash any car in the 1.5,1.6,1.8L

- a high end ECT transmission, delivers more power than a CVT tranny

- Optitron meters

- the citys a frog whn it comes to looks so dont even compare the 2 cars. just drop the corolla 1 inch and see the difference

- betetr aerodynamics? thats a baseless theory.prove it. just cuz it looks like a damn frog doesnt make it anymore aerodynamic

now coming back to the point, yes gli is not worth the money. it has terrible brakes. thats why i dropped the idea of buying a new gli and opted for a japanese corolla.

i dont think city's worth the money too, it has pathetic rear comfort, inteior is made up of bad plastic as of the rollas. if you got 1 million rs, go for the 1.3 glx lancer or a suzuki liana. much better cars imo
    JDM Toyota Premio 2008, JDM civic 2006 2.0L i-vtec, JDM corolla X 1.3L vvt-i.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir jee dont go ver board, i aint comparing it with altis and besides what does altis has expect 1.8 vvti which can be blown away by civic 1.8 ivtec,

man i have driven your rolla, 2.0D saloon to be exact and it literally starts to swing at high speeds (yea right kool aerodynamics indeed)

i can tell you by every definition of english that city is better than rolla and GLI is no where near what city has to offer. That will not change the fact that people will still buy the GLI/XLI crap, let'em burn their moeny, who cares anyway!!!!

@ratedR, i know you are really an anti-honda guy, try driving the steermatic and you will know the difference, i can claim that it will even give tough time to auto altis 1.8!!!. Steermatic with 1.5 engine can do 0-100 in around 10.5 secs!!!! which is more or less what an auto 1.8 altis does

As for IDSI, ya you are right they should be compared to the XLI/GLI and i believe they are better as well!!. I have personally convinced many people to go for city instead of XLI/GLI and they are all mashallah very happy with it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You know none of you helped much with the actual problem
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

GLI
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The City Idsi is the right comparison to a GLi. But then again, since the Steermatic comes in pretty much the same price range, its a valid point to bring that in direct competition with the GLi. I have both, the Vario and the GLi, and I've been happy with both, albeit in different aspects of driving. Although the idsi lacks the initial power(Vario anyway), it performs "very" well at higher speeds and is "much" more stable than the GLi at high speeds(exceeding 100Kph), although the Vario is terrible at picking up speed. The GLi has "amazing" acceleration(beat a Mark 2 A/T in acceleration along with a few 1.6L cars all on auto), and to me thats pretty much a good city race! The Steermatic is an amazing car, sadly undermined by its controversial Steermatic mode; had it been manual and in a 1.5 Vtec, it woud sell like a hotcake! Base price, the Rolla outperforms a City IDSi at acceleration/suspension, size and overall resale while the City has comfort, technology, and driving pleasure!
    A revolution against the jahil of this nation!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some additional comments i wanna make:

1. Liana offers the most features than any other car up till 1.6 but its quality sadly sucks big time

2. City IDSI is better than GLI (aspects discussed above)

3. Steermatic is best of the City!!! but sadly is not in production anymore

If you wanna protect your investment then definately go for GLI or better buy a cultus

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Retrogate

Now let me take a bit on what you've said up-there about Corolla Vs. City

Dude
    Keep in mind that Corolla itself isnt designed to drive above 150 purposely because it is a complete family sedan. I didnt say this once but many a times and next time not.

Now let me get over a few things you have mentioned about City.

coming back to the reason i went for city steermatic:

1. better shape
    I still know that people prefer buying Corolla rather than City because Corolla is a big car with same chasis all the way from lowest Xli trim to upper Altis trim and it can give you the vaccum to operate anything under the hood in any way you like. The under-hood room is preffered by all and once you need over hauling people often throw away the sucking Nzs and get 1ZZ which is not a problem purchase any where. What does City offers?

City's shape is more or less like a inverted boat that floats on the water. Imagine the shape in your mind and then its sudden down fall curve over the hood makes it look so wierd.

One of the most known defect in the car are its left and right front pillars that completely blind the rare and horizontal view if you happen to talk to any Honda person he himself will tell you. Not the sales people at showroom though.

2. better aerodymanics

Dude i dont understans why the curvier shapes and compact bodies makes you feel like a car is aero dynamic.
    Some body tell me (as one of my cousin is a automotive enginner exployed at Honda in Brustles UK) her self explained me everything about aero dyanmics.

If lowering the front end and making a wierd cut line over the hood is aerodynamics then what are those multi-million dollar comapnies doing around the world making aerodynamics? No that is no aero dynamics in city its just meant to keep the car stable but disrupting a little bit of the opposing force but is of no use because of the light weight.

Some of the aerodynamics include the spring leaf suspension for creating down force effects.

The Spoilers that cut throught the air and improve the car's stability over the ground.

The side skirts that disrupt the air underneath the body so that to ensure the ground clearence and less shaking at high speeds.

Ever heard of diffusers? Honda City has the worse one that never makes the pressue of wind so low.

Then comes your air fossils, para foils, wind passages, the tail fins
    So ye cheezen aero dynamics ko make-up karti hein.

3. better braking
    I can seriously agree to you that there is an issue with Corolla braking system and hence the reason they are going to introduce the ABS in upcoming trim as far as my knowledge is concerned.

4. better quality control
    Quality control, if better, as once we were joking about the think tanks in Honda, why does the car end up so early? Where is the qualitative measures and checks gone? Do they have any ISO system developed? The car ends up after every 3 to 4 years while Corolla can be driven for 2 decades with good maintainence. Dont argu on this one because its a fact. My dad was an automativa enginner to and worked in Honda though he couldnt staisfy me over the fact too though he agreed to me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have to reply more but some HTML thinggy sux

5. kool EPS
    Kool EPS Woooooo Ricey Wooooohhhwaa

6. Superb VTEC engine

And when you compare it with VVti even that of Yaris (Vitz's) VVti the car just sux. You know a steermatic that we raced with a Vitz of 2005 1.0L SWFE lost on the rolls racing and Vitz took the lead by 5 car's gaps? By the way initial stand still launch may give some advantage to city but on the rolls i mean at 30Km fixed speed you suddenly get off down the track aur City haar gae tch

7. CVT Roxxx
    Continuous Variable Transmission? I will write about it laters and also narrate my experience over the steermatic hahaha.

8. 5 Alloys with dunlop low profile tires (though they do make the ride stiff)

Low profile tyres sux. They already makes your car's drive so hard and bumps are felt so hard and then tyres its a strategy set by the govt that every car probably within the range of 1 million will have gernal tyres on it. No offense.

9. optitron meter
    Tu faida?

10. 7-speed mode
    7 Speed mode can't do anything when the car was smoked out by a small vitz

GLI
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@reza_malyk, a Vitz beating a steermatic by a 5 car lead? Dude, thats just plain unbelievable. The vitz is an overrated car, Pakistani mentality of "Japanese assembled" cars beating local cars in virtually all aspects, be it a tart like the vitz! The Steeramatics 1.5L VTEC plant maxes out 110BHp while johnny boy only gives out around 70Bhp stock tops! The 2NZ-FE rides a Vitz, let alone the Steermatic!! Vitz=*****z!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gli
    @retrograde

For those who claims VITZ 1.0L stock is faster than Steermatic seriously needs helmet.
    Steermatic is out of question here. Vitz is not even faster than City i-DSI (practically tested).

After 60-70 km City i-DSI simply shoots up and VITZ 1.0L eats its dust.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

reza: i would like to congratulate for writing ultra long posts...looks like you have too much time on your hands..

1.0 Vitz beating a steermatic???....come on man thats enough!!!!.... sorry bro you are making kindda crazy statements now.... perhaps you are going for a meltdown

i do admit city has the problem with big side pillars but that not a big deal and you get used to it. Secondly when city came out in 2003 i guess we people were not ready for its futuristic shape but GUESS WHAT!!!! now adays every new car is coming in more or less the same design...wanna comment on belta dude??

BTW the new shape has taken care of the deisgn issues

my god VITZ beating a steermatic...i give you an open challenge...bring any auto car from 1.0 to 1.6 and i will show you what steermatic is capable of!!!

about quality..strange that my 2005 iDSI did around 35,000 without a single problem.....ISO my foot!!! what does indus have to offer???, another of my relative bought a 2002 prosmatec that did 125,000 and it had no issues whatsoever.

we are here just to write comments not to prove to each other that i am the oracle of automotive industry!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

determinig the performance of a road going family sedan by considering how fast it can go...... lollz come on people they are family sedans, not meant for racing... what do u people say that a car accelerates well after it corsses 80km/h, thats the circumstances which could hardly occur if you are traveling within the city or having ur family with u.

practicality of a vehicles counts, which i think GLI is more practical, better ground clearance, better space, better comfort. I have been in a city, the seats are too hard for a longer journey & the driving position is so annoying you couldnt even spot an upcoming motor cyclist because of those broad side pillars...
    if tc=p then hc=m where tc is equal to toyota corolla and p is equal to paindu, and hc is equal to honda civic and m is equal to moron

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i admit about the pillar issue but the ride is not bad at all, you know it depends of the tires as well

reza: bro i think you are high on weed (vitz beating a steermatic, hahahahahaha)

GLI
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u4usman4u, vrey true bruv!

@reza_malyk , I was very impressed with your knowledge about cars until you hit the stinker, the Vitz beating a Steermatic!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GLI:

as for reza: this is the classic example of being overconfident

i hope he will not say now that "oh the vitz was not stock!"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ reze: a vitz 1.0L beating a steermatic? hahahaha

@ retrograde :

i ain't no honda hater ok? here's my honda history

- honda accord 83 1.6L
    - honda accord 87 16L
    - honda accord 1990 2.0L ( london domestic model )
    - honda civic 1985 1.3 GL
    - honda civic 1988 1.2L ex
    - honda civic 1995 ES 1.5L with ff spoiler
    - honda civic exi 1996 white
    - honda civic exi 1997 silver
    - honda civic vti 1998 black
    - honda civic 2006 2.0L i-vtec ( not in pakistan )

heres my toyo history:

toyota corolla 1982
    toyota starlet 1984
    toyota corolla EE90 1989 1.5 se saloon
    toyota platz 2004 1.0L
    toyota corolla X 1.3L 2003

so we've had more hondas than any other car ( my father being a car enthusiast ); but the fact is, i don't apprecate when people put hondas over toyotas. fact is, city is not the car i like, i wont pay 1 million bucks to get a city o a gli. they're just not worth it.
    JDM Toyota Premio 2008, JDM civic 2006 2.0L i-vtec, JDM corolla X 1.3L vvt-i.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ratedR: ok i understand, you are right in the sense that pak cars are overpriced but still what choice do we have?

i am really not for honda is better than toyota stuff but when people start to write that a 1.0L 70bhp toyota can smoke a 1.5l 108bhp honda by a margin of 5 cars (both assumed to be stock) then it becomes ridiculous

i am gonna request the mods for closure of this forum coz its turning ugly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List