Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: comparison Corolla GLI and Honda city(NEW)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default comparison Corolla GLI and Honda city(NEW)

i wanna buy a new car...i have the options of city and Gli.....plz help me out which one is better in which respect plzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and people consider the selling price so much because cars like Xli and City are meant for middle class people and economy is the main issue which people seeks around

Why not to buy speed because our roads are not meant for speed even the fastest road Motor way supports upto 120Km tu faida?

When resale is the major factor and bachay wali umer mei sab yei bolte hein get practical and you will see their engines are good for nothing gare kharak jati hai jaldee

Itnee baten hein tu why does every one go for CNG why not Petrol? I still drive my cars on petrol and if i want i can get them CNG-ed bt we dont need it.

people want economy, realiability, durability and they actually need a golden bird thats why mei million times keh chuka hun if Honda is preffered by every class
    tu why does only a single Xli out sells all Hondas of 3 years time? Q Q Q ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai jan u say urself 8 after a year,wat better can u get than 8 for what u spent 8,40...ok lets say no cng etc just registration charges almost 8,60...still its not that bad

ok i quit...i dnt wanna hav a fight here again.i hav said what i wanted to.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well i own both cars

but overall..........iwould say go corolla gli.....perfect to have in country like pakistan
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Chaloo G

On Rooz Bhai's note we can end up this discussion because he owns both and he knows the most !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a hot discussion goin on... hope its should get resolved

btw my vote is for GLI cause its more practical
    sach karwa hota hay

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i bought the steermatic that is the least saleabe of the city models in pakistan and dont regret it for a second!!!!.... thank god i did not buy the 1.6 se saloon auto that i came very close to... And i totally disagree that city is not spacious, corolla only looks big from the outside but it is crampy, also there is the awful hump below the rear seats. With a small body city has a 500liter capacity boot!!

as for city, dont worry about the resale coz lots of people might not wanna sell it for a long long time dudes. The manual iDSI rockx, only vario and steermatic have a bit of bad resale. BTW there is no logic in selling cars in Pakistan, you just gotta find the right buyer and you can sell any car in even profit.

here is a neat arctile about the city's iDSI and VTEC engines, might wanna peek into this (just for info dudes, dont wanna start another fight)

http://asia.vtec.net/Series/FitJazz/lseries/index.html

I quote the last paragraph from this article

"Honda's new L-series engine is perhaps one of the least understood engines in the current engine line-up. With this article, I hope to have helped explained the key feature of this new state of the art engine design and in the process, hopefully to clear up any prejudice and more importantly to put an end to many baseless conjectures that have been made about this engine as well as possible future variants"
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

reza: is that you in the pic???, if so, you are real cutie

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just go to honda.com.pk and read about city's exterior and interior specs and then tell me what is SO!!! bad about that

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, surprised to see this discussion - Buy an IDSI or GLI - Strange. Why is that? Well I went through the same confusion earlier this year with around 900k range - but it was actually an IDSI vs XLI battle - GLI was out of question because of much higher price..

If it was to compare a STEERMATIC with a GLI - it would have made more sense.

BTW I bought an IDSI - preferred it over corolla XLI for the following reasons:
    - Loved the interior of City
    - Fuel Economy
    - Brakes
    - Electrical Power Steering
    - boot space
    - Avaiability of metallic colors (XLI only had white and black back then - maybe even now - dont know)

What were corolla's positive points
    - Better performing engine
    - Better Resale..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And I also ended up saving some 45k Rs. City back then was 844500 (including freight) - Xli was 879000 + freight=more like 889000.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Retrogate
    LoLz :p Yup thats me any way getting back to topic

I am still not sure about the Steermatic, I did drive one, but it was such a hassel to drive I never really got to dump the throttle with it.. I am preety sure it'd keep up with the xli..

When I drove one: Don't even as me how awful it was.. I drove the earlier steermatics, the flappy padel gear box had an optional steermatic mode and the paddles spun with the steering, making it such a weird situation to keep both your hands on the steering wheel all the time..
    And it's not that I have not driven a flappy paddle before, I have driven a Audi TT Quatro, and the newer V6 one too..

Lakin with this steermatic usually I found myself turning into a u-turn and obviously i'd be in a higher gear, i'd brake and stop and now I'd be all confused with the steering turned to how to shift down the gears..
    Where the heck is the left peddle now? And I'd reach between my legs to flap at it till it came down..

The gear changes are all sluggish and once I floored it, took the revs up and flapped the gear up, it lost all power, jerked back with a weird power cut from the clutch or torque converters or whatever it has and snapped back in with such a buffed up wobbly shift as i had my foot down, I thought i'd throw up on the next shift and never tired it again..

And then there is the down shift syndrome.. If your going along and you decide to shfit down to let the engine bleed the speed down taking the momentum on it's revs and you hit the left peddle.. well.. wait... umm.. nothing happens
    Keep flapping it and still nothing happens.. so you forget about it, but the steermatic computer noticed that shift attempt, it doesn't shift down when you want it to if your at high speeds.. but as soon as you slow down without a touch on the peddles -be that an hour latters- it shifts down abruptly! scared me a couple of times.. hehe..

No matter how weird it is lakin phir bhi i'd like to see a steermatic up against a xli..

Any way I-Vtec is at least L15a which probably is a good displacement with its weight ratio

Mujhay sach bolna pasand hai :

Kon kehta hai Corolla is more spacious than City? Corolla looks dug and massive indeed leikin it has lesser space than that of cultus ... Aur city is a bit more spacious mein tu pir b Corolla ko prefer karun ga not just for a single reason but many many many ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After goin through all of the above contents of this disscussion.
    i think its the time V ppl accept the truth that in this comparison GLI out performs City (any model).

Guys.................?

Are all the ppl in the country who go for Gli idiots ????
    if yes then i suppose u civic guys must have one idiot in ur families as well.(at least one)

I had city .and i was totally dejected by its performance and luxury nut to mention its froggy shape plus

when it cums to price all the ppl in pakistan like to save their investment and the best way to save ur investment is to buy Corolla.

I sold my city idsi and went for GLi . i really m surprised by its initial performance and pick
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont know why people keep on comparing iDSI's pickup with XLI/GLI. We all know that iDSI's initial pickup is below average (end of story). iDSI is a humble 8valve sohc engine and is not for the speed demons , i urge you all to read the article that i posted earlier. No one is saying that GLI buyers are idiots but u gotta admit that the only and only reason for GLI/XLI is securing your investment. What are they giving you in a 1 million+ vehicle namely the GLI?????????????

dont even think about comparing XLI/GLI with steermatic

reza: man what a graphic experience you had with steermatic, glad you made it out of this alive - yaar either there was something wrong with that steermatic or maybe you

the driving experience of steermatic is wonderful and since you are the only person that has such a bad experience and many other pakwheelers that are happy so i will stick with the majority. Come on due the stock L15a with CVT does a standing start 0-100 between 10.30 to 10.50secs, what else do you expect from auto tranny. The 7 speed mode is an absolute thrill but i do admit is not very practical

i have always been saying that if GLI/XLI sells a million times more it does not mean that they are better than city.

Reza: come on dude, i have smoked more GLIs/XLIs than the number of times you can say "Rolla Rulez!!". BTW i dont consider smoking XLI/GLI an achievement coz steermatic is in a higher class than these.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Retrogate

Thank God you admit that the 7 speed syndrome of the story is useless as i never wanted to beat about the bush about a single thing ...

Han you admitted it sells less. Then I know you havent experienced the Xli or Gli taking up the steermatic. The steermatic is the least preffered although the 1 million buyer of Gli can equally opt for steermatic but after conducting a vast research, unlike you, people drop this plan off !

Gli is a 16 valve DOHC and thats merely a 8 Valve SOHC
    My experience must have been a bad one but i hav driven all 2 tronic, sport tronic, steermatic, prosmatic, quad clutch transmissions, durashifts, S-tronic in R8, in my list ... Leikin Steermatic in L15 is pathetic ...

I dont know if either it was City a bad car or was it me who mad typo
    Leikin I raced a sporttronic Gallardo with ferrari F430 at Zurich racing track in switzerland and car never pretended insane like City did. BMW 7 series's dual tronic is very common ... Porshe Cayeean pe b kabee aisa problem nein aye

Aur 7 speed is something that Bugatti has pata nein City mein kia rola hai !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Retrogate

bahi jaan aitay fair moujan e moujan do you go for proper drag and rolls race or is it just like you shoot off faster when the signal turns green and call it a day after smoking out the thake tuti pajee Xli's and Gli's and even BMW 3 series around? hahahah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am least bit impressed about the "big shot" image you are trying to pull. Frankly you are beigining to sound like a "chorru"(no offense)

i never said 7-speed is useless, it can come in handy many time how ever it is not used frequently

in conculsion, sir jee it really does not matter what you say. "Sticks and stone may hurt by bones with nerds like you will never harm me"

i am enjoying every km of my steermatic and you can go on with your half-baked ideas.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As one of my dude enjoys a single inch movement on his ride a Suzuki Mehran and some do enjoy Suzuki FX tu chalo sttermatic tu behtar hai ...

It was literally meant for comparasions not just k how much Mr. Retrogate enjoys his ride .. Pir b i will try another steermatic leikin purchase karne k lya just to experience it once more although k yehan steermatic koi nein mangta ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

keep the bull$HIT coming coz thats what you are good at.

comparison Corolla GLI and Honda cityNEW -798055

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

HaHaHa ...

keep it up Bhai ...

I like this frustration in all ricey micey mumbled up khichree writers over car forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont dare offend you your lordship

man you are a typical overconfident and overzealous guy who thinks he knows everything eh?

i leave it up to other members to see how many times you have changed tunes in your post, when you cant wrap up your own written bull, you switch to the next subject

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

User Tag List