0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Corolla XLi official service intervals

I recently purchased a Toyota Corolla XLi Petrol in Lahore from one of the main dealers. We was told to take the car in for a 1000 KMs check/service. We took the car and the guys there simply checked and said its ok. At the same time the supervisor in the workshop told us that the next service is due after 10,000 KMs.
    Now the car has done about 4000 KMs. Just to clarify, it is still on petrol. (not on CNG as yet because we wanted to drive it without CNG for a bit in case we see any early manufacturing faults with it). My brother went in to get something else the other day, and they informed us that we should have had it serviced (oil change) every 2500KMs !!! and a filter and oil change every 5000KMs !!!
    They also claimed that they havent asked us to come back after 10,000KMs and also asked us who exactly told us. My brother simply told them, that we do not keep a record of who speaks to us in their shop, and did not record the coversation
    Any how, we had the car serviced which came to quite a lot of money. I am not in Pakistan currently so couldnt argue with the guy..so...

My two questions are below is

How often does the service have to be done according to your car dealer?

How ofter does the service have to be done according to the service/warranty book?

I ask because changing oil every 2500Kms is absolutely crazy as it is only 1526 in Miles. I have only heard of cars needing an oil change at 8,000 MILES or more. I already understand the reasons that there is a lot of dust etc in Pakistan and that the oil is not good quality etc, but the difference in 1500Miles and 8,000 miles is HUGE!!

Please help answer my two questions above according to your experience and info.

Thanks,
    GB.
    "Inna mal a'maalu binniya"
    "Actions are based upon intentions"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, atleast they change mine.The rawal guys.
    piece of advicebserve company rules only where parts of originality are the issue.Eg:put genuine oil/air filter/ all other necessary parts.However i also use iridium plugs and they told me although it improves performance but we dont recommend it...what a joke!And synthetic oil doesn't void warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!who said so?on top of all its ur car not theirs do what like!People make kind of racing cars from these mid-saloons in this country?????!!!!!!!!
    The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@riazsaad
    Yes, thats the kind of Bu11sh1t I got from Shaheen Motors Toyota too. What a joke. 2500Km is only about 1500Miles. Thats way tooooo low for a reliable engine such as Corolla's. It just seems like they are thinking of their customers as money making machines who only work their life off, so they can fill the dealer's pockets!!!!
    I do agree that quicker oil changes are good for the car, but then whats the point of buying a reliable car, why not simply buy a crappy chinese car (no offence pls), and keep very good care of its engine etc by spending crazy money. The reason why people buy a reliable (and expensive) car compared to the unreliable ones in the first place, is so that although we pay more in the begining, it will last longer. And in my books, lasting longer should require reasonable maintenance, and definitely NOT "REQUIRED" to change the oil etc at 2500KM.
    Also in the case of synthetic oil, the company should ideally be encouranging you to put better oils in your car not discouraging you (I assume that the dealer has informed you that putting synth oil will void the warranty). I have a feeling that they dont actually supply a synth oil, otherwise they would be more than keen to "help you out" (by emotying your pocket for replacing synth oil at sky high prices). And in any case, they might even come out with this kind of bu11sh1t that whoever told you the previous statement was wrong (about 6000Km checkup) and that the real mileage for even oil change let alone a simple check ups is 2500Km and not 6000Km..etc..
    I suggest others in similar situation (and also suggested to my brother too), that when you speak to any one from your dealer, take a note down of their name and rank, write down on a piece of paper the time, date, and exactly what they say. This way at least they cant tell you different things at different times by different people.
    I am kind of glad that others also have different statements from dealers about the oil change etc, and I am not the only one feeling that they are telling me something different from the service manuals. But at the same time, sad that even the main dealers are acting shamefully, and bringing a bad name to toyota by not caring about their reputation.
    If there any one else on this forum who have bought a Corolla recently, and was told things different from their service manual, then please do make a comment here, so we can name and shame the dealers. Remember, customers are the ultimate power, sometimes we just have to prove it thats all
    Please post the names of the bad dealers, and the exact person you spoke to and any other information that may be helpful. Remember we are the very people who pay their wages at the end of the day, so we do have the ultimate voice to demand better customer service. Even if you dont believe it now, it has been proven time and time again that the cutomers opinion makes a big difference, and eventually they will have to care.
    Please carry on adding your info and comments.
    Thanks all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just to clear confusion as I am maintaining an XLi for the past three years at 3S workshop

1000 km (first free check up- no oil changed) this is a formality really and they will just inspect few nuts and bolts and try to do their bit if you have any complaint.

Afther that if you use Toyota Motor Oil+original oil filter it is done after every 5,000 kms

Then on 10,000 they again have general check up and do break service, top up battery fluid etc. + oil and filter changes.

Now remember oil change after every 5,000 kms
    General check up after evrey 10,000 kms

But I am not excited all about getting all this at 3S because it is becoming expensive on every visit. Price of parts and lubricants rise after every three, four months due to Yen appreciation!
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Worst Dealer I came accross????!!!!!!!!!Its surel Toyota Islamabad Motors.Aabpara....The GM:Aman Mirza, Aleem-Manager Body and Paint and the list goes on to srvice guys just forget it and dont visit that workshop!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Autophile,
    Many thanks for the info. Yes you are correct. It is quite expensive, and on top if the Toyota dealer lies to the customer, it just makes it even worse. We cant control the price, however we can stay away from dodgy, and rude service dealers who rip people off.

@abdullah,
    Thanks for sharing the info again. It is useful to get clear and precise information like this so customers like us and others on this forums can help each other. BTW, what happend, could you also please share with us what Toyota Islamabad Aabpara did to anoy you? it wil lprobably help us to avoid similar issue with other dealers and give us a head start too on what kind of dirty tricks they possibly can try with their customers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@GamezBond
    thanx bro. u are very right.

@abdullah
    using any oil other than their's will void ur warranty.
    Its my way or the highway! | http://www.flickr.com/photos/riazsaad/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sub topi drama
    change oil ,oil filter,air filter must after every 5000 km & use only geniune one
    -Always put green coolant in your radiator
    always wear seat belts ( now they r commin in pakistani suziki's).i know after wearing seat belt,pupil look u by revolving necks ( seems u come from mars) but ignore them

even from today we all pakwheelers follow habit of seat belt wearing we can change environment here in pakistan

we young pupil can educate society by weraing seta belts

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@azhar_obaid
    I agree there is some "topi drama", but not completely though. I agree that the changing the oil+filter after 5000km may be ok, and good for the engine, but I dont see the need to change teh air filter after 5000km. thats (in my opinion at least) is a waste of hard earned money. After all, we do have a lot of other responsibilities, and I think genuine air filter can not be very cheap (even if we changed it ourselves). New cars these days (in Europe) require you to change the air filter after 20,000miles and in my case, (a VW engine) after 25000miles. you will notice that 20,000 miles is about 32,000km which is hugely different from the 5000km you recommend. I agree that you are probably thinking that there is a lot more dust in Pakistan (being a hotter country), but that coudnt possibly mean that it reduces the life of the air filter by over 6 times less!!! I think the air filter change should be at least (if not more) double the mileage for the oil+filter changes ie in this case 10,000km. I am not 100% sure but I think Toyota Pakistan would also recommend the same (10,000km), but please correct me if I am wrong as I am guessing from my knowledge about cars and am not 100% sure of the car you drive and the recommended mileage for air filter change for your car. However I do agree with you that oil+filter after 5000km is a fairly good choice

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well there was this something....but the lesson was to avoid Toyota Islamabad.its not confidential just too long!!!I'll probably make a new forum later to give the so called appraisal to this workshop.

And, by the way as I said before Toyota recommends change of air filter at 10k and hinestly when u take it out at 10k its quite dusty and blocked up(The original one).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List