0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota-Indus Corolla 2008 - Official Thread

Due to the increasing no. of Corolla 2008 threads, the administration of PakWheels.Com has decided to make a dedicated thread for the Toyota-Indus Corolla 2008. The thread will remain sticky in the 'Wheels in Pakistan' forum till the first week of official launching.

PakWheels.Com is not a biased medium which serves to boost the popularity of one particular product, however due to the uneducated behavior demonstrated by certain members acting as brand ambassadors the administration is left with no choice but to take this step.

48-hours ban will be given to those members who will start a fight on the comparison of the car with any other car.

Any further threads started about the Toyota-Indus Corolla 2008 will result in immediate closure and a possible ban for the offender.

If you want to post anything regarding the car post it in this thread be it spotting, price information, specifications, comparisions, pictures, etc.

New Pics of Locally Assembled New Corolla 08 - Thread by @CHANNY

All New Indus Corolla 09 Details - Thread by @InNoCeNt_DeViL

Corolla 2009 Launch Pictures - Thread by @rockerwin

Spotted : The Most discussed car on Pakwheels. - Thread by @cooldesire

New Corolla Spotted in Madinah - Thread by @coolride

Detailed PRICEs of NEW ROLLA by Demolt

Prices Updated By Punk :-

2.0D Saloon 16 Lakh 39k
    With Sunroof 17 Lakh 29k

Altis MT 16 Lakh 19 k
    With Sunroof 17 Lakh 9k

Altis Automatic 17 Lakh 9 k
    With Sunroof 17 Lakh 99 k

Source - fzan
    MSN: Woderator@pakwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All. I would like to thank everybody for the great response this New Corolla has received. For the first time i can say with pride that this car matches any imported car in this category and is built partially in pakistan
    Regards,

faizan Tariq
    director sales
    toyota walton motors
    321-8471010

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

great response??? Everyone has criticized on the price as it does not justify a locally assembled car.

Waisay out of curiousity @fzan how many payorders did u actually receive yesterday?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does paki corolla really have that multi info. display??? is it also in 2.od or only in altis??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok....guys i might seem an indus spokesman here...but this is what i think....
    1.I loved the exterior, the from headlamps curves are beautiful, the fender curves look great and so does the rear light curve out from the car.
    2.First thing i noticed the ignition key had an impressive orange light round it...the pioneer player is superior to civics and so is the speaker quality.
    Yes, there is no foam in the dashboard but same is the case in all cars exmpl:civic, city liana....only not in cultus where foam is present
    i like the interior as a dvd player wud be perfect in the shape, the wooden trim quality was very god.Much better than hondas silver.
    i didnt compare the inside space to my 9th gen corolla.but the space us surely more than the civic.
    I am comparing but not wanting a fight here.As, in the end i wud just lyk to comment on the price.Theres alot more but lets get to the point.

As for the meter, civic takes the lead but its a different story, is it has a very robotic type interior, to add to it the digital speedometer.
    The leather seats were quite comfortable, the sunroof positioning and the map lights were alot better than competitors.

An altis SR cruisetronic costs 17.99lacs, while an i-vtec oriel pros costs round abt 17.25lacs.
    Now what has the corolla more and less to offer?
    1.Information meter is very useful, tells which exact door is open, trunk, low fuel warnings, fuel avg, clock etc.my opinion this technology must be atleast 30000PKR?!comments....
    2.Leather seats honda charged 40000more in the last shape.althu they gave retrac mirrors too...minus 10000 for the machinery?
    3.Cruise control and triptronic must atleast cost 75k-100k?!had even a competitor launched it.
    4.front sliding arm rest and rear three headrests+seatbelts.Alot more leg space in rear.
    5.Led high mount stop lamp....5k?!
    6.EPS is very useful atleast 8-15k?
    maybe i m forgettin smthng too
    what it lacks?
    1.passenger air bag last tym i got a quote of 30k for a driver airbag of se saloon.
    2.immobilizer, no exact judgement maybe 15-20k?!
    3.5speed auto but then when u have triptronic then it
    adds a lot to the feel,I doubt even if civic has a clock?!

All in all, my point is that if a civic can cost this much, then, only then, the corolla cruisetronic sunroof price is justified in my opinion as these options cost a lot more.
    And please, i wud like to say that these things are secondary whether cruise control/ triptronic or the info meter wud work on CNG!!!i mean gimme a break...but does vti oriel pros shift to 5th gear on cng, does it run b8r than an altis...
    Yes indus shudve given a changed engine, my source told me that 2d engine is less nosier...i tested that too.
    Altis has improved horsepower the spec page says 130 dnt no how much last one had.
    I am njot a spokesman but this is just my opinion, people will differ but id like to say please dnt start a fight here......
    The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Abdullah1.
    Altis engine is detuned a little as the older one has 134hp.i.e 100KW where as the newer one is 130Hp i.e.97KW
    If you walk away from your car and don't look back, you have bought the wrong car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xain, having used it for some time, how do you rate this engine?

It's true a new model must come with a new, more efficient advanced engine. I think the 2002 change of model (9th Gen) was a total change of everything (except in 2.0 D, new body old engine).

Have they used same ECT in 10 Gen?
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1.Information meter is very useful, tells which exact door is open, trunk, low fuel warnings, fuel avg, clock etc.my opinion this technology must be atleast 30000PKR?!comments....
    You are seriously joking right? 30,000 PKR? All this information is read off the ECU. Integrating the additional features like journey time elapsed and fuel economy should cost no more than a couple of thousand rupees to the MANUFACTURER!

2.Leather seats honda charged 40000more in the last shape.althu they gave retrac mirrors too...minus 10000 for the machinery?
    The charges were 30,000 when I got my UG Civic back in 2004.

The "retractable machinery" costs 20,000 RS with labor and fitting. And I know this because some fool took the liberty of taking them off my 02 Vti.

5.Led high mount stop lamp....5k?!
    The manufacturing cost of LEDs is cheaper than traditional light bulbs, I'd say it costs the same.

6.EPS is very useful atleast 8-15k?
    Not even remotely, again to the MANUFACTURER, I am willing to bet the difference is 5K RS tops.

3.Cruise control and triptronic must atleast cost 75k-100k?!had even a competitor launched it.
    Cruise control systems from ROSTRA (the company who supplies to Toyota) cost $250 to the END CONSUMER. To the manufacturer they probably cost less than $100. Did I mention my Civic has cruise controls with buttons on the steering wheel? The OEM CC adapter just cost me $150 (that includes all their profit).

Tiptronic does not cost anything extra as such, its mostly software intervention which changes the automated shift mode to manual. Thats the same with Steermatic (7 speed manual).

First thing i noticed the ignition key had an impressive orange light round it...the pioneer player is superior to civics and so is the speaker quality.
    The pioneer player is nothing great, sure it is probably better than the crappy kenwood Honda USED to give with Civic. Check out the new dash-integrated player with CD changer. That has an AMP as well and sounds very good (y)

The point of the matter is, it doesn't cost as much as you think-- it is overpriced period. The car is decent, but nothing to rave about. Unfortunately the price will kill its sales.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Putting it in other words, I'm not spending 17 - 18 lacks on a Civic or a Corolla. I'd rather add 150,000 more and buy a Mark X or CL-9. The price is just not justified when bigger and better sedans are available for the same price.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont get it.why on earth have they detuned the new corolla?
    why give so many options and then compromise on power?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I LOVE COROLLA PERVIOUS SHAPE AND ALSO THIS SHAPE BUT I HATE THIS COROLLA INTERIOR LIKE VITZ COROLLLA COMPARE WITH AXIO INTERIOR BUT AXIO IS THE BEST AXIO IS ALSO IN THIS PRICE BUT HE GAVE T.V NAVIGATION BACK CAMERA ALL AUTO MIRROR RETRACK MIRROR INTERIOR QUALITY IS SO GOOD HIGH GRADE FABRIC AND ALSO HAVE A PUSH START OPTION......BUT THIS COROLLA NO RETARCK MIRROR NO BUMPER LIGHTS NO PUSH START THIS COROLLA INTERIOR IS BAD...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Would u disagree that Atlas wud charge more about equal or even more for these options here.Dont start comparing us or japanese(foreign)prices.Where a leaher gear knob can cost 1600 y cant an eps 5k.I bet had honda given instrument information display they'd had quoted more.Only the optitron on last corolla costed 40k PKR for ur info.As for retrac i paid 40k back in 05 at honda classic.Led lights are more exp in the market go and check...then again its all useless talk.
    All my poiint was and is....comparing to CIVIC price wise.
    I wudn even spend 1.8million on an Altis even if they give S-class equipped instruments.Coz in the end its just an Altis!
    But Mark X, cl9 etc etc! are dffrnt categories and used cars
    The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In b/w Corolla and Civic keeping in view the price factor, why would one buy a Manual Transmission Corolla @ Rs. 17,09,000/= with a so-so interior and local Euro Star tyres whereas in 15,65,000 you can get an Automatic transmission Civic which has a way much better interior, latest iVTEC engine, Bridgestone tyres and ABS.

I do agree that in Corolla you get additional Alloy Rims and Airbags and ABS but that doesnt attract me to consider one.

Infact the sales guy at the one of the Toyota Showroom in Karachi was not very hopeful of Altis selling very well due to high price.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Engine is extremely good and responsive and with the 10th generation they have also added the tiptronic which will give a more responsiveness.
    The ECU must be somewhat change as in 9th Gen they have only one ECT button where as now its all manual with tiptronic

The place where ECU is placed is really horrible i.e in the bonnet which can cause trouble after car washes. (Maybe its properly sealed but chances are more now.)
    Another thing which I have noticed is that the car identification plate is not in the engine bay but in the car trunk.
    Unable to see the engraved chassis number during my visit to showroom.
    If you walk away from your car and don't look back, you have bought the wrong car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont get it.why on earth have they detuned the new corolla?
    why give so many options and then compromise on power?
    I'll give you a hint- it's the only thing Corolla's are famous for.

Fuel Economy!
    This comment was made by a person with a tested IQ of negative 9.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont start comparing us or japanese(foreign)prices
    Please open your eyes. The cost to the MANUFACTURER or ASSEMBLER is infact in YEN or USD. None of the things you've mentioned like EPS, CC etc are manufacturered here. Most of them are outsourced. Thats how it is with almost every car manufacturer. No one produces a completely indogenous product.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ cylestyne...
    yeah i do agree with u too
    rather add 150,000 more n can get easily a good markx..

and sir g! cl9 be corolla se sasti mil jati hain easily
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509052097&ref=profile

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

new corolla
    1 old 2c engine in 2.od
    2.very low leg space driver side
    3. very high price 1799000 and 1.5 lac own :s
    it means that altis 20lac ki milay gi
    4. poor dashboard poor interior
    5.no feeling of luxury jaisay prevous corolla dekhtay hi ek bari gari maloom hoti th.
    6.legroom itna chota hai k driver comfortably nai chala sakta car.
    7. cd player zaberdasti dashboard main fix kiya gaya hai jis se interior aur kharab dikhta hai
    8. cruise control se behtar in dash audio system introduce kerwana chahiye tha
    9.berayhal ab 6 se 8 saal tak iss ko bardast kero

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ saqib
    janay do yar..
    it aint that much tight as ur sayin..
    in dash mai u dun have the facility to change the player or to fix in dash dvd
    yeah price is high and hav u confirmed ON??
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509052097&ref=profile

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ya altis per 1.5 lac own hai (confirmed)
    2.0d saloon per 2 lak (confirmed)
    xli and gli ka bus itna bataya hai k woh abhi nai aaraheen
    yar main corolla ka bht bara fan tha lakin iss ne di tor diya
    u know xli per bhi theek thak own hoga agar 2 lac huwa toh woh 14 lakh ki paray gi uss main atleast power window toh honi chahiyeh thi?
    i think 1799000 main sonata bht behtareen choice hai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ zia
    ya altis per 1.5 lac own hai (confirmed)
    2.0d saloon per 2 lak (confirmed)
    xli and gli ka bus itna bataya hai k woh abhi nai aaraheen
    yar main corolla ka bht bara fan tha lakin iss ne di tor diya
    u know xli per bhi theek thak own hoga agar 2 lac huwa toh woh 14 lakh ki paray gi uss main atleast power window toh honi chahiyeh thi?
    i think 1799000 main sonata bht behtareen choice hai

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

User Tag List