0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CIVIC 08 VS COROLLA 08

I want to buy any1 of these cars but i am bit confused.
    as far as specs are concerned, toyota looks more better than civic but
    i still want to give chance to CIVIC if i get positive response.
    please help me to choose the right car for myself.
    thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well as far as response is concerned , i have cheched all these 3 pages , and 60% + votes are for corolla !!

Civic is an xcellent car no doubt , but this time corolla is not only better in durability and reliability but also in features , looks (civic looks great ) but corolla is more graceful , and quality and comfort !
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the new corolla looks ok but with da 18 lacks tag i wouldt even spit on it cause i think its not worth it after all 18 lacks for a cheap looking plastic dashboard economy class thing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well as far as response is concerned , i have checKed all these 3 pages , and 60% + votes are for corolla !!

Civic is an xcellent car no doubt , but this time corolla is not only better in durability and reliability but also in features , looks civic ALSO looks good but corolla is more graceful and impressive, and betta in quality and comfort !

Better buy corolla , its something new , and this is not the ryt time to buy civic b/c m sure they will be giving a newer 09 model with some changes and some additional features!

i was also confused , so thts y b4 its launch went to Honda showroom to check civic !! Its interior is simply awesome , but overall corolla is much better this time , and i love its interior toooo , decent one , looks great and elegant !

Cruise control ,Triptronic , mULTI INFO DISP , EPS , Leather interior and Sunroof ! it has every thing !

i posted a comparison chart of corolla 08 and civic 08 , in another thread but MODs deleted it , will post it again tomorrow , and afta seeing all the details and figures m sure u would buy corolla :-)
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

civic all the way.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

civic all the way.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is there any consumer advocacy group in Pakistan who can speak to the safety of people and fleecing of public by these car makers? Obviously government doe not care. I checked this new Corolla specs and 2.0D is costing around $22000 and does not even have dual airbags. This is crape in comparison to what they sell in other countries. Do they think Pakistani lives are less important or do our consumers are really stupid to ask for these basic safety features in cars. Check out Honda Accord American model which also sells for @22000 and has six air bags and great breaks and side impact cage. It is quite sad to see people dying over these pathetic cars. At least Civic gives you two airbags in case of an accident. I have seen airbags save lives as long as you wear your seat belt. I encourage people to speak up and force these car makers to provide the same safety as they do in other countries. Our lives are not cheaper than any other person.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Although i hate posting on such forums, i cant but help to keep my mouth shut this time around.

THE NEW COROLLA IS A BIGGGG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Why I say that, well this is coming from a person who was actually waiting for the new car to come out, so he could give it a chance against the civic.

The paint quality is pathetic, the interior plastic is slightly better than the Geely, and the overall quality does not merit a price tag of 1.5mills plus.

If one knows cars and how the business world works one would know that with the new Corolla, Toyota has just tried to cash in on the people who would buy nothing else. The car is definitely is not worth the asking price, PERIOD.

Honda also increased the prices of the Civic with the new car but in return they also gave quality that has not ever been seen in a locally manufactured car. The overall build quality and materials show that money has been spent on manufacturing this car. Honda makes it a point to introduce new technologies and advancements even in a country like Pakistan whereas Toyota likes to keep what is selling, just like Suzuki. The new Civic is extremely excellent on CNG and under normal driving conditions one does not even feel a need for more POWER inside City limits, although i do not say it is any way better or worse than the Corolla on the said fuel.

It is without doubt the Corolla will sell in huge numbers, more than the Civic. And to a certain extent the Corolla is a better car than the Civic for Pakistani conditions, keeping it mind its mechanical simplicity and toughness. The Civic is a more refined and sporty car for ideal or good driving conditions which are not common in Pakistan.

Both of these vehicles have their own places in the Automotive world. Whether or not to buy one or the other solely depends on ones type of usage.

Despite all this, the Civic is without doubt far more value for money, yet the Corolla will always sell more and have better resale value.

The Civic can sleep easy for being a better car as it does not need to feel threatened by one whose variant comes with the Dreaded 2C !!!!
    KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agreed completely with Autobanda...

Civic is for the car enthusiast... corolla for the resale hungry

As i always say... "Pakistani dunia kee wahid kaum hay jo gari khareednay say pehlay bechnay ka sochti hay"

Translation: Pakistani's are the only ppl in the world that think about selling a car before buying it.

There is absoloutely no comparison between new Civic and corolla. Corolla reminds me of liana... so much of grey and plastic in an 18 lac car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey bro if u want to buy a car 4 races then offcourse buy civic its best and if 4 family then corolla is best.know its upto u bye.
    CIVIC 08 VS COROLLA 08 -867576
    /\/\/-\RC]=[-/\/\/-\D

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai If u want to have family car go for Corolla.
    Wear Seat Belts. Your Family Loves You.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rolla has electronics cruise control plus sunroof .. n other features u already know :p
    i had 08 civic but personally i must said new corolla is way better coz my cousin had it and i have driven it by my self and believe me on the first run i must say it rocks n its way ahead of Civic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok now seriously....

Usman yaar baat suno, I`ll be honest...I`m here in KSA, just yesterday my friend and I got a civic 2008 on renting, I must say the car is awesome man (y)...extremely fun to drive, the interior is beautiful and dashy, way better than corolla....engine is awesome as well, it was a 1.8 i-vtec (I took the car to 185Km/h easily)...However its a bit crampy from inside.

Civic look wise is very dashy, no doubt, I think it looks better than corolla, but it does however look smaller then corolla also.

Now I have personally never had experience with Corolla 2008, however I myself drive a 2007 model, VVT-i...1.3l, awesome car, I just love it, but I`ll admit it won`t be in competition with the civic, but the build quality and reliability is unmatched (y)

And ofcourse, the re-sale :p

In the end I would advice you that don`t buy ANY made in pakistan, wether its a corolla....civic...or anyother brand.
    A MiLLiOn MiLeS tO gO........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

P.S....Usman bro, I will try to get my hands on a corolla 2008 as well, and tell you after driving it.

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buy civic or ferrari bcoz these cars are same

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ wtf :s

why are kiddos being allowed on pakwheels ?!?!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^
    Lol

@topic

Well, I should first state that I am a Honda fan and absolutely detest Toyota.

However, certain things in the new Corolla impress me :

-Cruise control.

I dont know who said its not needed or unimportant, but the fact remains its an incredible feature if you go on a Motorway a couple times a year. Really relaxes you on that 2 hour drive and improves fuel economy. It would have been awesome if Honda gave this in their Vti Oriel.

-Switchtronic

Its great. People in Pakistan tend to prefer Manual over auto, but traffic is now so much automatic is the only practical choice. Now you get both. Another feature Honda forgot to feature in the PK Civic.

-Leather appointed seats

Well, it should be an option. If youre gonna be seated in the "top of the line" Pakistani car, it better have leather seats. Not leatherette seat covers, but factory fitted genuine leather seats like Honda used to offer. Should be offered once again in several colours.

-Mileage details

An awesome feature which I wish Civic will offer soon. Telling you how much kms left on the present fuel, the average consumption and related details are fun to read and interesting.

Overall, I can only drive a Honda (in its class). Im just not a Toyota guy and feel awkward and misplaced in one.

Personal suggestion is head on for a Civic, but its certainly your choice and good luck dude (Y).

Regards and no offense meant to anyone.
    What good is a Genius without the Human aspect?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

me too always admire of Honda but after cruise control and few extra features ill go with COROLLA

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

me too always admire of Honda but after cruise control and few extra features ill go with COROLLA
    You're picking some 4 features over 14 (more significant) others? Besides, you can get the original Civic cruise controls for just about $150. Better quality leather seating can be put in for 30,000 RS in a Civic. So its really just 2 features for which you want to pay a whopping 100,000 extra? :s

Quoting from another thread, what I felt was missing from the new Corolla:

1. More ergonomic interior layout, eg:
    a) The sideview mirror adjusters should be on the Window panel, not on the dashboard
    b) The car feels too high, the seating posture is too straight
    c) The interior feels cramped! I rode to the expo centre in a friends Altis, the outgoing Altis felt roomier!

2. Drive-by-wire is missing

3. Accelerator paddle is traditional rather than floor-vested

4. No fog lamps

5. No personal reading lights

6. No drivers seat height adjuster

7. No immobilizer

8. No passenger airbag

9. No electronically retractable side-view mirrors

10. AC fan is just 4 speed compared to competition where the AC fan is 8 speed

11. Just a 4 speed A/T compared to competition which has a 5 speed A/T

12. Torison beam suspension vs double-wishbone suspension

13. All glasses are untinted compared to competition which has a tinted green glass

14. No driver's side vanity mirror
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can we actually use cruise control in pakistan. Even on motorway, how big a benefit is it? And all the things cylestyne mentione are plain facts. Corolla has lost its appeal in this model. Just doesnt make sense.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Going through this thread, they only main point Corolla fans have with respect to their claim in the resale factor. But does resale indicate quality?

One of my best buddies had a very nasty accident in his Corolla, simply because the brakes "didnt work"!

But one of the main factors that puts corolla off is the fact that whenever i see a corolla, the first impression that comes to my mind is that there would be a fat bloke with overly-starched white Shalwar Kameez using a mobile while driving, talking about his "0D"!!

The class matters alot, especially when the difference between a decency, elegance and sheer power is the decision to go to a Honda Showroom rather than the Paindu Production Inc.
    God Bless Pakistan! ......................... I am never amused by underage punks driving around their papa's cars!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List