0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CIVIC 08 VS COROLLA 08

I want to buy any1 of these cars but i am bit confused.
    as far as specs are concerned, toyota looks more better than civic but
    i still want to give chance to CIVIC if i get positive response.
    please help me to choose the right car for myself.
    thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ usman malik
    pls read the following details carefully so tht u can easily decide :-)

@ cylestyne

c) The interior feels cramped! I rode to the expo centre in a friends Altis, the outgoing Altis felt roomier! "

Hmmmmmm .... ur absolutely wrong sir ! u rode to expo in tht corolla , i have actually used 4 corollas since 2002 !!

Here are the figures :-)

INTERIOR dimensions

New corolla 1450
    CIVIC 1380
    previous corolla 1430

"2. Drive-by-wire is missing"

mmmm..... i thought tht electronic throttle and drive by wire both r same !!! wat does electronic throttle mean ??? seriously i dont noe ????

"3. Accelerator paddle is traditional rather than floor-vested"

well shehzore also has tht type of accelerator :p......

"5. No personal reading lights"

there are front personal lamps in corolla !!

personal reading lights for both occupants with convenient storage space :-) u also posted its pic yaar cylestyne bhai !

"6. No drivers seat height adjuster"

well i never even touched tht knob(wheel) in my civic !! useless for me ! good for civic to improve visiblity :p

"
    7. No immobilizer

8. No passenger airbag

9. No electronically retractable side-view mirrors"

yup ur ryt

"10. AC fan is just 4 speed compared to competition where the AC fan is 8 speed"

well it doesnt matter if even civic has 10 speed fan b/c main thing is the performance of AC !

The air conditioning is made further efficient to cool the cabin faster .
    A test was carried out to ensure the same. the starting cabin temp was 41 degrres cel and the AC of both cars were put to maximum !

TIME req to cool down to 25 C

New corolla 04:40
    Civic 0017:40 SO ?????

btw wat i have noticed in corolla and civic both previous 05 and 06 models , although civic has more speed i guess 6 in civic 05 and 4 in corolla but blower of corolla is still better and strong :-)

"11. Just a 4 speed A/T compared to competition which has a 5 speed A/T"

it doesnt make any big diff ! corolla is switchtronic , u can easily beat civic ! and previous civic also had 4 A/T , then how come some ppl posted pics of their civic touching 220km/hr here on PW ???? i guess even if it has 4 A/T still has more power than normal manual cars 4th gear and civic pros 4th gear !

"12. Torison beam suspension vs double-wishbone suspension
    "

wta eva ! corollas suspension is much much better than civics ! even previous corollas suspension is betta than current civics susp then obviously latest corollas suspension will be better :-)

"14. No driver's side vanity mirror"

well u advised him to spend 30k Rs/- on seats :p 150$ on cruise control :p , Now buying vanity mirror for tht sunvisor isnt a big deal ! u can easliy get one for 500/- max...... price of sunvisor is 650 Rs/- :p

"You're picking some 4 features over 14 (more significant) others?"

No actually these 4 features really make a difference :-)

@ Khuldun

"But one of the main factors that puts corolla off is the fact that whenever i see a corolla, the first impression that comes to my mind is that there would be a fat bloke with overly-starched white Shalwar Kameez using a mobile while driving, talking about his "0D"!!

The class matters alot, especially when the difference between a decency, elegance and sheer power is the decision to go to a Honda Showroom rather than the Paindu Production Inc. "

Let me clear 1 thing tonight ! Actually u and everbody else who say tht Corolla is a paindu production here in pak are absolutely wrong !!

Ur se*y , prestigious Civic is actually a PROduction of PIND :p:p:p:p civic is a paindu production !! its a fact :p MASHALLAH se corolla belongs to more decent and civilized ppl here in PAK , as theres no INDUS in Pind :p! but sorry to say those PAINdu ppl in order to become decent n mod :p buy corolla s !! .......lolzz ....:d

never wanted 2 say this , but afta seeing this Paindu thing over and over again , i had to :p

@ all

my reply to Khuldun is only for him :-) aap mein se kisi aur ko nahi :-)ok
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please post interior dimensions of three cars also.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MANY THANKS TO ALL

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This arguement is waste of time. Both cars are great. They both are build to last(Y) There are so many factors involve to decide which one to buy. It really depends on buyer what they like

For example (Pakistan market)

1. Performance (both are about same)
    2. Fuel economy (both are about same)
    3. Road clearence (Corolla is higher)
    4. Parts (Probably Corolla)
    5. Labor (Probably Corolla)
    6. Resale (Corolla)
    7. Cabin space (Corolla is 1 inch longer and 1 inch higher then Civic)
    8. Looks (Both looks awsome)
    9. Warrenty (??)
    10. Price (whatever you can afford)

so make your own list and see what works better for you
    (Y)
    Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exterior Dimensions & Weight

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4-Spd AT
    Curb Weight (Automatic Transmission) 2745 lb
    Height 57.7 inches
    Length 178.7

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 5-Spd AT
    Curb Weight (Automatic Transmission) 2754 lb
    Height 56.5
    Length 177.3

source yahoo
    Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Innocent_devil
    Try growing up please before arguing about stuff without any hands on experience:

mmmm..... i thought tht electronic throttle and drive by wire both r same !!! wat does electronic throttle mean ??? seriously i dont noe ????
    ECT is not drive by wire, ECT eliminates the direct link of throttle with the throttle body and instead replaces it with a servo motor. DBW has a completely digital throttle body, there isn't any servo motor. DBW is capable of a lot more including adaptive foot pressure, amongst some.

well shehzore also has tht type of accelerator ......
    Try driving the new Civic you'll understand how comfortable this kind of a throttle is. Its the same kind found in every bigger car like Mercedes, Toyota Crown etc.

there are front personal lamps in corolla !!
    There are no reading lights in the REAR except the roof light

well i never even touched tht knob(wheel) in my civic !! useless for me ! good for civic to improve visiblity
    Sitting in the new Corolla made me feel like sitting in a baby chair. I was retardedly high and needed the seat to be lower

Not all people are short in height
    Presumptive aren't you? The average height of Pakistani men is about 5' 9", my height is just a tad above 6", so yes a height adjuster IS needed for my head not to feel cramped against the roof (same in the case of Civic, as I drive with the seat all the way down).

well it doesnt matter if even civic has 10 speed fan b/c main thing is the performance of AC !
    Your points are totally rubbish, the speed makes a big difference, a 4 speed fan gets annoying after a while since its either too slow or too fast. I know because my Steermatic has one, geez.

it doesnt make any big diff ! corolla is switchtronic , u can easily beat civic ! and previous civic also had 4 A/T , then how come some ppl posted pics of their civic touching 220km/hr here on PW ???? i guess even if it has 4 A/T still has more power than normal manual cars 4th gear and civic pros 4th gear !
    Let me enlighten you on the differences between 4 speed and 5 speed. 5 speed will give better ratios and a smoother drive. You obviously have no idea. why gearing ratios are made.

5 speed means the car can goto a higher speed at a LOWER rpm. Do you understand that the various speed ranges and rpm levels need to be better distributed?

wta eva ! corollas suspension is much much better than civics ! even previous corollas suspension is betta than current civics susp then obviously latest corollas suspension will be better
    Whats your basis for saying that? A torsion beam suspension is the simplest form of a real suspension. Since it literally is a "dundah" connected by two struts to each rear wheel. It is not independant, it will NEVER have the handling characteristics of a double wishbone suspension.

Please do you research before making a biased and stupid statement.

Do you understand that a MULTI-LINK wishbone suspension offers much superior handling characteristics, is much more expensive than a torsion beam suspension?

Do you also know that formula 1 suspensions are basically multi-link wishbone suspensions?

then obviously latest corollas suspension will be better
    That is the epitome of all moronic statements ever posted on Pakwheels, THE SUSPENSION IS THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS GENERATION COROLLA. Hope that sinks into your head now.

well u advised him to spend 30k Rs/- on seats 150$ on cruise control , Now buying vanity mirror for tht sunvisor isnt a big deal ! u can easliy get one for 500/- max...... price of sunvisor is 650 Rs/-
    Yes and the sunvisor will look out of place, good luck in getting the color to match And uhh, what about the other things? Like immobilizer, retractable door mirrors, etc etc etc.

No actually these 4 features really make a difference
    No they actually dont, and do NOT justify the insane price.

Now let me school you on a couple of other things, like I schooled the morons who made the sales brochure.

1. The 0-100 times are completely wrong, take a look at any international website and you'll get an idea of which one is faster.

2. The interior dimensions, sure Corolla takes the cake but do you understand how small a difference of 100mm is? Or are you too lost in your love for Corolla to bother doing the conversion? Its just 3.94 inches, and the reason for this is because of the Civics dash which looks better any day (though thats a personal preference and I know people who DONT like the dash).

Lastly when you support something, please do it in an educated and not baseless manner, when you grow up you'll understand what I'm referring to. I understand you're at the tender age of 18 and are feeling all important due to your newly found facial hair- but please, try not to embarass yourself in public by such stunts.

If someone REALLY truly wanted to spend 17 lacks on a brand new locally assembled car the wise choice would be Civic because of the much better features it offers. Aside from that a wiser person would get a CL-9 or Mark X.

Oh and lastly, for the moronically inclined who think the new Corolla is the best thing since sliced bread, please see the following consumer panel review/comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKr5R6JLqk8
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@innocent devil
    well shehzore also has tht type of accelerator ......
    Do you have any slightest idea you are comparing a truck with a family sedan?

[quote]well i never even touched tht knob(wheel) in my civic !! useless for me ! good for civic to improve visiblity [quote]

Not all people are short in height.

Lets put it that why. How good a car’s engine is if it only has 2 speed gearbox?
    I guess you can find answer in this.

[quote]it doesnt make any big diff ! corolla is switchtronic , u can easily beat civic ! and previous civic also had 4 A/T , then how come some ppl posted pics of their civic touching 220km/hr here on PW ???? i guess even if it has 4 A/T still has more power than normal manual cars 4th gear and civic pros 4th gear ![quote]

Go spend some time on internet and check how much importance does extra gears have.

wta eva ! corollas suspension is much much better than civics ! even previous corollas suspension is betta than current civics susp then obviously latest corollas suspension will be better
    A typical paindo answer like this one “Corolla to corlla hai sub acha hi hoga latest hai”

No actually these 4 features really make a difference
    I can understand you lack something.

Plus the new Corolla lacks two significant things, immobilizer and passenger airbag. I guess you don’t love your family and have loads of money from unlawful sources that’s why you don’t care if someone steals your car.
    BrrRRRrr

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Who needs immobilizer Agar corolla chori nahin ho gee tou uss kee market kharab ho jaye gee bhai
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Whole World will come to an end one day but seriously these corolla vs civic wars will never

OK CIVIC IS 1000 TIMES BETTER THAN COROLLA, THEN WHAT CAN YOU DO IN THIS MATTER, YOU STILL CAN NOT COMPLETELY DISTINGUISH COROLLA OR STOP PEOPLE FROM BUYING IT

IT WILL STILL REMAIN AS THE TOP OF THE LINE SELLING CAR IN OUR COUNTRY AS WELL AS ABROAD!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But one of the main factors that puts corolla off is the fact that whenever i see a corolla, the first impression that comes to my mind is that there would be a fat bloke with overly-starched white Shalwar Kameez using a mobile while driving
    Is wearing Shalwar Kameez is Shame Ful Act.. I am really disappionted by this comment. The Nation which feels shame in wearing its tradional cloths or speaking its own langauge will never go anywhere.
    I am astonished to see thinking of some peoples, making fun of own culture.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@CLINTWOOD
    fat bloke with overly-starched white Shalwar Kameez using a mobile while driving
    He is referring to the 'SAFAIB HAD SE ZIADA KALLAF WALA KAMIZ SHALWAR' mostly worn by illiterate people or people like to call them paindos.

He has not posted a single line that declares wearing a Shalwar Kamiz is a shameful act in any way. Kindly read what is written and then start posting.
    Your opinions, my initials! - Formerly known as timelessfahad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so much technicalities in the discussion as if they get a chance to put the car to 'real' test on pakistani roads....lolz

when is this thread going to be closed, mods?
    We must know that around us is Pakistan, in us Pakistan marches and behind us Pakistan follows...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agreed with TOOFAST
    Yar Bhai app ab Car lay bhe lo varna yeh topic Honda or Toyota ke Jang suru kjarvadege after all they both are Japanese bro n sisters

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ InNoCeNt_DeViL

Well, i suggest you compare the drivers of both the cars and see for yourself Besides, most of the people who do buy one, call it 0D! Yep, we have an entire class of Corolla buyers who do not even know the name by which it sells in the market

You say Civic is a Paindu Production and its a fact... you might as well put forth the reason and basis of such a fact

@ CLINTWOOD
    My reference was obviously to that class of Paindu Productions, get-rich-quick people and that has been clarified by fahad, which i duly appreciate

I DO wear Shalwar Kameez myself whenever the need for a casual outfit arises

Lastly, i think if both the Corolla and the Civic were equally priced, that might have given rise to a debate on the basis of performance, style and accessories but as it is, it seems Corolla was quite over-priced. Period.
    God Bless Pakistan! ......................... I am never amused by underage punks driving around their papa's cars!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ khuldun

Thanks for clearing up about your comments, i understand your point of view now..

Rest about corolla & civic....... never ending discussions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Civic anyday

Who wants to thorow away 1.5 million In pakiland on a crappy corolla (N)
    Buttwieser

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Same discussion as i am seeing from the past 3years.Why is corolla for paindus?ppl buy all over the world.I can u show 08civic with silver lights ppl driving with their feet on dashboard(saw in faisalabad)chromed car....same goes for city!

Corolla 08...Altis Cruisetronic SR fully loaded model over a civic anyday.
    !.reliabilty, robustness
    2.ground clearance
    3.Resale, beautiful exterior+interior
    4.cruise control+triptronic
    5.In the end, Corolla is more preffered in Pakistan
    The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MOD EDIT: If you have any problem with any specific reply kindly press 'Report Abuse' on that reply, don't start personal wars here. There is no difference between you and the one who is posting abusive language.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2008 corolla is ugly go for civic
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and also breaks r big time failure in corolla civic is batter who cares about resail . dude when u spend money on any thing u have to make shore it worth it corolla is fat oldy car. just my view!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

User Tag List