0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Having few problems in Corolla Xli

I have a 2005 Corolla Xli which has done 1 lakh plus Km. The condition is ok not that good. The problem is that as the prices of new cars have gone up to a level at which it would be costly for me to buy a new car i want to clear of the current problems which im facing in this car

Pheli problem yeh hay ke jumps par aur thore kharab roads pe ride becomes too much bumping i have change the shocks recently ( Only the front Ones ) would could be the probleM ? Does the suspension needs some work ?

Secondly the brakes are not good. The car skids if i press the brakes hard. which driving at 80 to 90 i have to press the brakes far befone in order to ovoid skiding ... ( Have polised the dics and changed the brake shoe but still same problem and the tries are also brand new )

Thirdly the are alot of scratches here and there a few small dents how much would it cost to repair all that ?
    1 Repaint of both bumpers
    2 Two big lines at the left door
    3 A small dent at the right fender

Apart from this i want to change the automatic windows. they have become too old and are not working properly what would be the cost to change them ?

the car is giving me a milage of 90 to 100 depending upon the cng pressure with AC on local drives within karachi is the milage ok ?

And last from where should i get all these work done ?
    i live in defence karachi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mileage wise, I think most 1.3L engines do 120-140km... not sure about it though, but I've seen some around PW do that much.
    This comment was made by a person with a tested IQ of negative 9.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get the work done or advised by some reliable pakwheelin bro from here
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wat could be the problem Milage wise ? I had the kit seviced 2 to 3 weeks ago but it had a very limited effect of the drive and milage ? Oil filter Air filter and Oil regularly changed after a month. Apart from this the plugs have been also changed a month ago but still the same milage

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pheli problem yeh hay ke jumps par aur thore kharab roads pe ride becomes too much bumping i have change the shocks recently ( Only the front Ones ) would could be the probleM ? Does the suspension needs some work ?

If you have recently changed the shocks and the ride is still not smooth and too much bumpy then your shock nut is not fully tighten on shock shaft. So, what happens is that if shock nut is not fully tighten the gap between the shock shaft and the shock nut washer will keeping banging on the shock mounting bracket. (Its a common problem: when the mechanics don't fully tighten the shock nut).

Note: you can not tell if the shock nut is not fully tighten just by checking with hand. They will have to grab the shock shaft from the allen key or if different the form long nose plier and while holding the shaft then turn the nut with a socket wrench. If the shock nut turns then this means its loose if does not turn then it means its tight. If its tight then look for other symptoms. I would recommend you to check it first.

About the brakes what do you mean that you have polished the discs? :s you don't polish them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By polish i meant that the dics where taken out and put on a machine which sort of polish or i donno did something to it ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay got it. Have the shocks checked again as I have mentioned above. It will solve your problem Inshallah (if it is the problem).

Secondly the brakes are not good. The car skids if i press the brakes hard. which driving at 80 to 90 i have to press the brakes far befone in order to ovoid skiding ... ( Have polised the dics and changed the brake shoe but still same problem and the tries are also brand new )

Found your braking problem: (Seems like its your driving and braking ability). Read the following

Modern cars have highly effective brakes which can bring a car to a stop remarkably quickly. In everyday driving situations you should apply brakes gently at first, then progressively increase the pressure. This will allow you to bring the car to a stop smoothly and under control. If you brake too harshly then you run the risk of locking up the wheels and skidding. If this happens you will lose the ability to steer the car. Harsh or late braking also reveals poor driving ability. Good drivers can anticipate the need to reduce speed will in advance of needing to use the brakes.

Source:Understanding Car Brakes - How To Brake Safely

http://www.articlebiz.com/article/190757-1-understanding-car-brakes-how-to-brake-safely/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

About the first problem.
    a. Were the shocks brand new? If they were used, they might be worn out shocks.
    b. Did the mechanic install new bushes or the old ones? If he installed the old ones, there's a chance that they've become loose or they've cracked. In both of the cases, you'll hear the shock hitting against the bolt thats holding it.
    c. Or like Junaid_A said, it could just be a loose nut.

Now the second problem.
    Corolla has ineffective brakes. You might've come across many topics regarding corolla's breaks. You can minimize the issue if not eradicate it completely. Are you still running on the same general tyres? If so, its time to change them with wider and better quality tyres. Get the brakes bled and pour in new brake oil.

Third issue.
    The cost of getting the dents removed varies from denter to denter. If the scratches arent very deep, you can always get them removed by cutting creme. You can get that done from a painter.

Mileage.
    My xli gives me around 130 within the city with AC on. 90-100 is a bit low. You should get it checked from a good cng mechanic. Ofcourse, traffic conditions affect the mileage too.

Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List