Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default facts about road grip of new corolla

to all corolla owners out there

as u all know, most se saloons and altis owners have changed the original 14" tyres to 15" in order to give the car a better look.

well i have 2 SE saloons in my office and have extensively driven both. one has 15" tyres while the other has original 14" tyres. i have noticed 2 marked differences between the 2. would like share it with u all.

1. as u know corolla has a badr grip as it is, however the car with 15" tyres has a much more shaky grip compared to the car with 15" tyres. especially on highways the car 15" tyres does not feel sure footed and feels swayed by cross winds. the car with 14" tyres still has somewhat an acceptable grip.

2. the acceleration of the car with 15" tyres is definitely slower than the one with 14" tyres.

i cross-checked my findings with a technical person at toyota. he confirmed that this is the reason that toyota is not offering 15" tyres in corolla. he explained that bcz of the high-roof design, the car's centre of gravity gets affected if its fitted with 15" tyres.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xain:
    did you say fli gti thinks Pakistan made corolla is being in top compared to corolla made in diffirent parts of world. judging from fli gti remarks from other posts, i dont think he will agree even when you get him drunk!

Yr 82 toyota wasnt manufactered in Pakistan?. was it? why are you comparing Japan made car to Pakistan assembled, do you think Japanses workmanship and Pakistan's is same? i bet you know av. Japanese error factor is rated at less than 2%. do you know what is Pakistan error factor?.. lol i dont think it comes even close.,

another fact: toyota cars made in 82 cost way less in 04.

i suggest you compare Japan assembled new corolla with yr 82 to get somewhat similar results.

now, about suspension, Mgt. has to consider mass production, ... as it was discussed somewhere on this forum they do not look at isolated thoughts. that is why you end up having negative thoughts about yr car. if you can convince all corolla owner in country to ask factory to make better car, i am sure toyota will do that, but because you can't you better live with what you have or dont keep it. sell it, buy diffirent car of yr choice that makes you happy.
    I have kept toyotas made in diffirent countries, which were better than my Pakistani manufactured, i used my knowledge to upgrade my car to my liking keeping in my budjet instead of whining!

PS. if yr an perfectionist in suspension and rims/tires then contact manufacturer and discuss yr thoughts with them so you and others can benefit jointly instead of leaving negative remarks where nobody is gonna do anything about it.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agreed about the fact that manufacturer has to cater for the masses. All Technicalioties and reasons apart, I cannot beleive this that masses in Pakistan want a skidding car with pathetic handling.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Eevery other corolla user i meet coplains the same.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

human nature to complain i guess. its not just cars, its with everything,,i do mean everything,(wink), think! enjoy yr thoughts
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when a pakistani complains about a toyota Corolla it must be a genuine complaint because because this car is a benchmark for us in like 3 decades now, every other car is compared witha corolla, no matter what.
    In short it is a much loved car for us and one does not complain about thier loved ones

I am also a user of 2004 GLi all stock, and i have exact same observations.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There's a post in about the effect of increasing tyrre/wheel sizes here to which all the esteemed members of this board have contributed. In regards to your thoughts, i would suggest you give it once over. I won't take up space on this post running over the same things over and over. Suffice to say, altering the steering geometry isn't as simple as slapping on bigger wheels. Steering geometry displays negligible variation to about 2 inches increase in wheel size but you have to come down on the aspect ratio. Running 65 AR is neither aesthetically appeasing nor technically logical. Furthermore, if you go UP on wheel size to increase ride height, you get a thristier car, taller gear ratios, accelerated drivetrain wear, poor steering response, decreased braking ability, false speedometer readings, expensive maintenence and if that does'nt anser your qualms, its your car, slap on 215s on 17 and see if they help the cause.
    As far as build quality goes, i thank Levin for expressing my thoughts regarding the Paki corolla. there's ANOTHER post on that as well. My philosophy is simple, Love it or leave it. Don't like it, don't buy it!!. Nobody put a gun to your head!!, get reviews before you buy a car, insist on a test drive. Spending a mill plus, I'm sure you're capable of importing any brand. People book the same Corolla 10 pieces at a time, yet i don't see anyone raising hell at the Indus Office. You wanna get together and wanna see something done, lets all gather up and make em take notice. This is useless whinging thats rhetorical at best. Its true that i love the brand and would still buy a Toyota over any other brand any day, but then you and I are different. Stop paying premiums and stop buying it like hotcakes and they'll take notice!!
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now that surely answer a lot of questions.
    Any solution that we should bring to Indus's notice?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am contemplating that the Toyota owners should form a club. The body (registered) would have a greater impact than the individual cries of consumers.
    That and its gonna be so much fun.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If dual memberships are allowed in that club then here is an Application from me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You a member of any other club Spectra?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No club thing, Job and family does not leave much time for such activities

But i do hang around a lot on Pakwheels. I thought u r talking about forming a club at Pakwheels.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and because i have a spectra and also use a Corolla so that makes dual membership.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I used to have a friend working in Mobilink.When i used to get,msg sending failed,network busy.I used to send an sms full of swearing for pathetic services/quality. His answer was,
    "To na use karoo, who is forcing you?Chor do mobilink" : )
    I gues FLI brother is trying to convey the same message but its true !!!
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@FLi_GTi, you are right when you say that autousers should put pressure on the manufacturers on providing quality and pointing out the shortcomings... but dear, the fact about take it or leave it is not as easy as you sound... what is in pakistan's local market that could give so many options.... its either local manufacturers like suzuki, honda, toyota or imported models... not everyone can have that much money to import a teddy mini for 8+ lakh, this is a LOT of money as we are one of the poorest of all nations... and the base of our economy is not in what the rich can afford, it is what the poor can afford, and that is where the local assemblers come... and that is where the mehrans and altos come... we talk mostly about the German, US, Jap cars, but even there the leasing is so cheap that they dont buy cars, they lease what they like (which is the choice you are talking about), keep it for 2-3 years and get a new car again... and I frankly dont think that ppl in Pakistan can make much of a difference, its a mafia that we face which even blackmails the Govt, rather Govt is a part of it... can you stop buying cars cuz you are poor, can you come on roads in protest, write a long note to Toyota or Honda ... you must be kidding me... Now... a businessman would only improve his ways if you force him to do so, first you push him against the wall, then bring him to the table... that is how this mafia can be dealt with... who will do it, well the general can, the civilian govt. won't and ppl cannot.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To start from we dont have proper means for evryday transport, and when one goes to buy a car/Motorcycle etc. he has to face the auto mafia, which gives deliberately gives limited options to customers, and finaly if u r able to get your hand on a car from Suzuki, Toyota, HOnda, Dewan etc. then comes the quality/customer satisfaction part we r discussing here, complaints about the car, and there is no end to this whole process.

This whole thing resembles a vicious circle.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Allow me to illustrate! Why do we hear complaints about cars so much when till 1994 we were importing MOST common brands save the Suzis? Nobody complained about the Pajero or the Nissans or Lancers that came in. Hell, they did'nt even come with warranties. You used to pay upwards of 2mill and no warranty (factory atleast). The last Corolla, the EE100-AE101 used to rot in dealer lots and no one was willing to buy the same car for 7Gs. Everybody admits that car had better quality then the current ZEs. I've worked for them i know. The dealers handed out desperate opffers to salesmen saying whoever sold more than 5 cars a month gets a trip to God knows where. You completely neglect the time that was pre-leasing. Toyota Indus, used to prduce 26 cars a day and that including the LH115 Hiace(1994-6). As of 04, Indus was Churning out 256cars a DAY! Where do these cars go! I see everyone buying them. be it ich or poor. The fact that buying car is easier than maintaining it, isn't so clear to the general public. Obviously the jump from a CG125 or an FX to a ROlla/Civvy is also a big one. You have to understand. They're not flagship models, they're everyday runabouts. Paying 1.4 mil for a civvy with a sunroof and Leather upholstry is big for us, True but in the end they're just corollas and civics, cars people get when they graduate. Meduim sized family sedans!!
    As far as your opinion about the protest goes. I Love Toyota, but i'll never buy a Paki built one! Because i'd rather work than drive a degraded version void of any amenitites. I'm sure you can too! It depends on what you dear. Your principals or your comfort.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@FLi_GTi
    Brother your own non willingness about buying Paki made car imply that u do admit poor quality of these vehicles. So i think there is no need to write lengths about these things here. we should all admit that this is what it is.
    But then, How will we make any progress whatsoever in this field of Auto Assembling?

This inclination towards imports will ultimately hurt local industry, not business houses but Industry as a whole. All this whinning about these cars is done with a hope that maybe they can come out with something better. (I can assure u about myself) I mail Dewan whenever i feel like and i do get proper responses from appropriate personnel, but never got any reply from Toyota, i think they dont like customer Feedback.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Spectra, I've readily admitted and shunned the faulty build quality, don't get me wrong. but its plain hypocritical to buy something "annay wah" and THEN pick out the faults. They know its faulty, has got bad brakes, vents and what not phir doray jatay hain Corolla lenay. "Mall wee mukana ay te Lahore wee jaana ay". I mean it basically defies all logic. Challo bekhabri ki aur baat hai, dekh kay makhi to nahi khata koi?
    Thats the ONLY thing i have an issue against. Har achee cheez pakistani khud band karatay hain, yehi jo "value for money" ka rona rotay hain. Options kian hain.
    What was wrong with the Kia Spectra that no one bought it? Revo ko yeh latartay hain? approach kochwanon walee aur shoq shehenshahon walay!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@FLi_GTi: i like ur well phrased punjabi, could u tell us how many proverbs u learb by heart

Actually the point is, ppl want to stick to the same product coz it's maintenance is easy (as simple as that) but want to see some improvement in product whereas what we see here that quality is going down day by day. ppl expect that industry giants should take measures on their own, and the reason is that we, the ppl, believe in idealism. we don't want to take any initiative, we want that someone else should struggle and we should enjoy fruits of it. this does not take place. many a times, other members have iterated the same thing, i.e. raise the voice on the right forum, no use if we do it over here. we like to speak and love to brawl and then ego comes. anyhow, it's high time to constitute a forum/society and it should not confine itself to Toyota but for other manufacturers too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here i have to agree with you. Nation as a whole is exactly what u have portrayed.
    Damn u r right

But still there are peole who make tehir decisions based on "Value for Money" and not "Resale Value"
    I am one of the minority, thats why i drive Spectra and am about to buy a Revo without any Latarna.

About the majority, i agree 100% with you.

"Harr achi cheez PAkistani khud band karte hein", agreed once again, and this is exact mafia like attitude.

In the end i must add Spectra was received well initialy and sales were good, but DFML made blunders with the car and car itself was never a problem. This fact is actualy admitted by DFML management, supposedly they have learnt a lot from those mistakes. That is why we see Kia lineup stopped altogether.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List