Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Automatic transmission conversionCorolla 2.0D 2009

AOA,
    This is my first post at Pak Wheels and I must say that its a very helpful site thus.....

2.0D is selling for 1,319,000/- which is quite attractive. However there has never been an automatic variant to the local 2.0D. Is it possible to get a brand new 2.0D and get an automatic transmission installed from Peshawar or Quetta side? If so how much would such a gearbox cost? Is it worth it at the end of the day? Thanks.
    Cars are not just a means of transport, but are also a means of entertainment. J. Clarkson.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

em not very gud at it, but if it wud be possible, then Shairshah market, is the place, no need to go to Quetta
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your reply. I guess if the 09 2D has the same engine that has been used in the previous model then there is a possibility that I might find one in Shershah. I think a 2D with an auto transmission at this price is a bargain. I will ask my mechanic as well. Lets see if anyone else on PW has some more knowledge.

Thinking of selling off 3 yr old Liana Eminent with a newer car for the household.
    Cars are not just a means of transport, but are also a means of entertainment. J. Clarkson.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@double
    Instead of going fo r a brand new 2.0D for 1320 why don't you buy a slightly used 2008 or 2007 used 2.0D saloon.
    What way you'll get power windows airbags Abs and color's different than Black and White!
    Goodluck.
    As far as the conversion part is concerned I'm really sorry I can't be of much help there.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I want an automatic transmission. Thats not available in the previous models as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wont b an Easy Task............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem is not that it cannot be done. The automatic transmission can be attached to the engine very easily, and if the transmission is good, it would also work pretty well!
    But my advice to you is not to go for it with the new model of corolla. In pakistan, the cars get spoiled as the as soon as the mechanics get their hands onto them. They cannot even put those things back together which they have taken apart in the first place, and working with proper tools (e.g. torque wrenches, and generally the things which affect the feel and longevity of the vehicle) is a different matter altogether.
    The things required for the completion of this job would be:
    To take the engine out (even worse, try to change the gearbox by leaving the engine inside, thereby scratching the new chassis)
    They would have to alter the axle lengths and who knows if they balance them accordingly or not!?
    Engine mounts could also be slightly damaged!
    They would have to get rid of the clutch system and install a new brake pedal. How neatly this would be done is a question mark!
    Electrical wiring would also have to be altered. In the original automatic, you cannot get the gearbox out of the P position without first stepping on the brake, and such fine issues!
    You must keep in mind that this engine is not currently been marketed anywhere else in the world, just some other African countries with conditions similar to that in Pakistan. So your gearbox would certainly not be from a newer engine!
    So my advice would be to do such a thing either with the 2000 corolla, as all the parts are readily available, or to buy an original automatic in the fist place.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats a sound piece of advice. Thanks. I guess I'd rather wait for a bit and go for a cruistronic or prosmatic as the discount on their prices seems to be increasing gradually. No new diesel auto cars thus no other option. City is under powered, Liana Eminent I already have.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List