0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla 2005 misfire problem

I have 2005 Corolla. I am facing misfire problem with the car on CNG. I have noticed that it misfire when the engine is hot i.e. Starting the car again after running 15-18 kilometers, I have changed the plugs a week ago but the problem still exists. The strange thing is that there is no problem with the performance. In past when the car misfire it blows up the air filter box and it also affect the performance. When I changed the plugs my car’s mechanic put a couple of screws in air filter box and now it do not blow up the air filter box on misfire. I hope putting the screw will not cause any internal damage.

Please suggest what is causing misfire, where it can get this fixed (permanently) and any ideas how much the fix will cost?

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@pani,

@game master, well it doesnt maters if u even drive ur car without a airfilter., as its job is only to clean air, a burnt or Phata hua filter can be swallowed by the car ( liana actualy does it) which mite be harm ful other members wud put sumlite on it.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti thanx the air filter in my car is slightly damaged.I dont think it will get swallowed.plus wud u recommend getting the coils changed?(I replaced the plugs recently)
    FaToNe......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i wont, there very expencive, jb tak chalti hain chalao
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    the coils are and always were the trouble makers and thats why i suggested to get them replaced

also checking and adjusting the tappets are also highly recommendable to fix this problem completely

its totally up to the owner if wants to do it , but its better to do it

the misfiring occurs when the Rpm drops from high to low

or you are in a high gear in low revs and fully step on the accelerator

also dude im no CNG expert so i cannot comment on tappets and their adjustments topic (better that you leave this to the CNG experts):-)

@ gamemaster

get you air filter element replaced by a genuine one or if cost is a problem get a Guard Replica air filter element (300rs)

running on that burnt out filter cant be good for your engine as it has to struggle for air and some pieces might get lodged in your throttle body , valve seats and these will surely decrease the air flow efficiency and your performance and economy will suffer

and only those people follow the "jab tak chalti hai chalao" theory who don't like their cars very much and don't care much about it.
    The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saad, thanks for ur reply nd secondly i was refering to @gamesmaster not @moiz, arey bhai essa nai hai, i drive my car with very care nd also love it, wat i meant to say was replacing these expencive coils is not the only solution, if plug gaping helps the car stop misfiring to uska koi nuqsan to nai haina?? as who doesnt likes saving money?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Chinyoti:

As far as the coil packs are concerned for the corolla se saloon, i remember one coil was for about 5.5K..

and secondly this problem is with most of the SE saloons with CNG I've seen.. the mechs said that because of the CNG the valves go bad and hence these stupid misfires happen.. ours recently had a head/valve job done.. its running good now, it used to misfire bad before and eat manifolds. A few days before one of its coil pack wasn't working, it didn't start on petrol but it did on CNG.. and them boom, misfire, patakhhh.. engine off. The coil pack was replaced and all is fine now..
    Plug gapping won't help here I suppose as the GAPS won't be THAT bad to cause a misfire that blows the air filter box..

PS: And, sorry, my bad about the location thingy, Moiz Khan.

My mehran burns oil when driven on CNG, but doesn't burn the oil when driven on Petrol.. here again, the valves are not in a good shape because of the CNG.. and this won't stop unless i get the head done. So for now I've waved a bye-bye to CNG Had it been driven on petrol, valves and related things would've been fine. It has run about 74K kms on CNG and the rest 6K kms on petrol..
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saad, chinyoti...thanx I'll try to get the guard air filter or the original one
    FaToNe......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't be miser.isslay kehtayn hein k khabi khabi petrol per bhee gari chalani chahiey taake valve ki lubrication ho jaey,ya phir kabhi kabhi iss ko zara sa oil inlet manifold ke zeryee pila dia karo.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I went to buy guard air filter but couldnt find one so i put in the usual one from Malaysia...
    FaToNe......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List