Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: clutch plates change in carby cultus ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default clutch plates change in carby cultus ?

hey people ,

i would like to ask our expert when we have a weak clutch plate what would be the symptoms for that i guess not a good pickup is there any other way to figure if we have a weak clutch plate or it needs changing ? also if we are changing clutch plate in cultus which clutch plates we are going for the one thats available in market ? or do we have to go for kabli ones and what other things we need to replace i guess pressure plates needs to be change aswell and fry wheel tool needs to be sort with late machine guy please share your knowledge and explain me the process and if any one knows a good reliable mechanic near f.b area i would really appreciate his adress thanks in advance .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

possible symptoms:
    bad fuel consumption
    poor acceleration ( you will feel as if the clutch is slightly pressed even when u release the pedal to the fullest)
    life of a clutch plate vary according to your driving style & routes... the more u need to press the clutch pedal, the more quickly it will worn out.

i changed the clutch of my car last year, see the link below:
    Cultus VXR 2000 Clutch Changed
    rates would be different today as its more than a year now.. i dont know about specific clutch brand names, sorry. its however good to put a new one rather than the kabli.. things u might need to change are clutch & pressure plates, bearings.. in most cases i dont think its necessary to fiddle with the flywheel, or getting lathe.. depends on the condition of the mechanical parts inside..

i got mine done from Raees Autos near 13d-2 Gulshan-e-Iqbal..
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    don't love the car you own.., own the car you love!
    my blog: CarSpiritPK.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks usman for replying u are exactly the dude i wanted to ask about my cultus well the symptoms are not exactly there but acceleration is not exactly the best i mean i have to press it to fullest to get reasonable good speed so i guess i need to go to your mechanic and ask him if its really needs to change can u give me the full adress or contact number of that mechanic please usman thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In the F.B area there is Quality Autos on water pump. You'll get FCC clutch plate & pressure plate (both come in a single packet) FOR 4850/-. And Exedy/Daikin for 4000/-, and Aisin for 3800/-. Prices as of last week. All three brands are Japanese. I've good experience with Exedy and not good experience with Aisin. FCC I've never used before so can't tell, but people told me these are the ones that come factory-fitted from Pak Suzuki.

You'll have to get the throw bearing separately and will cost 350-500/-. Flywheel may need retooling or not, depends upon condition. The labour cost will be 1200-2200/- depending on the mechanic. Time taken will be around 6 hours (considering mechanic will be having other customers also).

Don't get kabli or repaired. They have very short life plus when they get hot clutch fade occurs.

Other possible failure indications in addition to those @usmanansari told are:

clutch burning smell.
    clutch plate vibration or slipping feeling.

Another way to figure out if the clutch needs replacement is to ask for the mechanic's opinion.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ahsan u are indeed a star thanks a lot for sharing your precious information quality autos and akber autos are two big name i will go there and ask for the prices again , i will ask mechanic first and go for the brand he suggest thanks again for sharing your info just last thing if our clutch plates are worn out and we still not changing it does that have any negative impact on our car or engine please share your knowledge in that regard aswell thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

valuable information given by ahsanzs.. i would however suggest to get it inspected by a mechanic just to make sure if the clutch really needs to be changed, if yes then you should go & buy the parts yourself and then get it installed by the mechanic. Don't however trust any mechanic blindly, im giving you the number of Raees Autos, you can have his opinion regarding the issue.

Contact Person: Raees
    Contact Number: 03002386185

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shqamar View Post
    ahsan u are indeed a star thanks a lot for sharing your precious information quality autos and akber autos are two big name i will go there and ask for the prices again , i will ask mechanic first and go for the brand he suggest thanks again for sharing your info just last thing if our clutch plates are worn out and we still not changing it does that have any negative impact on our car or engine please share your knowledge in that regard aswell thanks
    In F.B.Area, Super Way Autos is a more reliable place. Quality Autos does not give good deals now... Akber Autos is fine though.
    And go for FCC Clutch and Pressure Plates set. I installed in my Cultus a couple of months back and it cost me around 4700 something without the bearing

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shqamar View Post
    ....if our clutch plates are worn out and we still not changing it does that have any negative impact on our car or engine.....
    It will have no extraordinary impact except leaving you stranded somewhere. One time will come when all the organic matter on the clutch disc will be abraded off and then pressing or releasing the clutch will be same i.e. no movement. This is more prone to occur under load e.g. with family and luggage weight. If this occurs then flywheel resurfacing will be a must. Some people I know use their clutch plate to the very last and think they're very clever and savings-oriented.

Usually once your clutch starts giving you warning there is only 2000-9000 km life left in it.

Take note it is not clutch plates [plural]. Cars having a dry clutch have a single clutch plate. Usually motorcycles (but some cars too) have a wet clutch and it is a set of multiple discs called clutch pack.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very informative indeed ahsan thanks a lot for sharing your info , clutch plate changing need expert mechanic or any normal mechanic can do it ? i mean is it a logical work to do so u go to the best mechanic u have ?
    @ zank thanks for the info some one else recommend me superway autos aswell so i will go for them .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ not a big deal, any good mechanic can do it but it doesn't mean u can go to a monkey either

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ shqamar
    first off all, i will check whether ur car needs clutch overhaul or not.
    if yes, then i will charge 1500 rupees as my labour.
    machinist will charge 400 for facing the flywheel.
    parts wud b supplied by yourself...
    so if interested, then let me know.
    For Mechanical Works and Car Detailing, Contact 0333-3738698

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List