0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Today I Drove a "thing" people call it "Cultus"

Well I never drove a Cultus before, all time I used to Drive Corolla 88, Land Cruiser and Mitsubishi Intercooler. Today I took a test drive of old Cultus 2001 VXL model. The engine doesn't seems to be powerful I needed to drag it on First Gear after stopping (Usually I drag on 2nd gear of my Corolla 88) Second most strange thing was its "breaks" its breaks were absolutely not effective at all, I was about to hit front car, thanks GOD I decided to apply breaks from little more distance otherwise it could have hit the front car. The car owner said "Cultus ki breaks toh aise hi hoti hian" {Weird}

Secondly, the road grip was pathetic... the car seem to be floating on the road as ship Frankly speaking I didn't drive more faster, just because of though that "what if I have to apply break suddenly - this car won't stop"

My Corolla 88 (1994 Quota) is much much much much much much better then this... it really has Great Grip and Awsome breaks, even on 80Km/h I always have mental satisfaction that if I have to apply breaks suddenly then car WILL STOP within seconds.

I have request to Suzuki Culuts Owners to please guide me if this is wrong and the car I drove was defective OR PakSuzuki is fooling people by selling these "things" called "cars"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Storm

I was expecting something entirely different from you .

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

cultus is crap dont compare it will one of the best models of corolla.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You Compare A JDM Classic E90 with a Crap Cultus(Sorry to say)......!! It Nowhere stand even closer to class of Corolla E90......!!!So Many Corolla's Even can't match its performance class so cultus is the other thing....!!
    the worst thing you will also know if you drive it on petrol that this thing knocks like hell....either its factory tuned or whatever......!!!
    You Better keep in class of Corolla E90 E100 E110.... You will Be Happy
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajadadevil View Post
    cultus is 100 time better then any 86-88 model corolla in every angle

those 88's car are more then two decades old,so now a days it is very hard to find any 100% original car,so their reliability is not more then any cultus.

And point of braking issue the old 88 corolla does not have any ABS too.
    the 2002-2010 model corolla have really bad brakes so any intelligent person can think that what will be situation in 80's model car ,when the technology was not advance.

i also accept that cultus is model from 80's or 90's and have rli old technology but it is still in production so it is more reliable then any two decade old car.

@ poster
    sometime it happens when you drive any car for ist time you need some time to adjust with car.
    so its better to drive different cars time by time so u become expert driver not for only one particular car but whole classes of cars

no offence to any one but i have my own opinion and experience.

Best analysis so far.

Well i was planning to buy some car under 6lacs,I thought civic-97 or rolla 88 is the best choice for me but it's very hard to find these models in clean condition.My cousin suggested go for cultus 2006
    I never drove cultus before,but when i was searching some cars dealer showed me 2006 VXL and i had test drive for 4-5 miles.here's my feedback

1-Low acceleration with AC
    2-So called Power steering
    3-Little bit smoothness of drive
    4-No heat up issues
    5-Suspension is O.K
    6-Spacious in 1000cc category
    7-Brakes not so good

Well this car is not so safe then other old models sedan but still it has resale, cheap spares,probability of getting less driven under 50k,no mechanical issues as compare to old models,i believe new is new I don't wana stuck on highways parking lanes opening my bonnet and calling highway police for mechanical support.

THANKS

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by necrodie View Post
    Hello All: Just an update I have made my mind for Civic 95 Model. I'm trying to get clean one and replace shocks (if needed) and all oiling...

If someone help me to find a clean one in Multan or Lahore then it would be highly appreciated.
    bro yesterday i found civic 95 100% genuine near Muzaffar Motor Bahawlpur road.I guess mileage is 170k and suspension needs work,engine seems fine
    owner asking 4.75 lacs u can make the deal in 4.25
    Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Comparing a 'SUZUKI' Cultus with corolla, LCs and pajeros is insane. No doubt it has some issues, so its comparison with santro, vitz, alto or anyother compact will make some sense to reply here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by necrodie View Post
    Well I never drove a Cultus before, all time I used to Drive Corolla 88, Land Cruiser and Mitsubishi Intercooler. Today I took a test drive of old Cultus 2001 VXL model. The engine doesn't seems to be powerful I needed to drag it on First Gear after stopping (Usually I drag on 2nd gear of my Corolla 88) Second most strange thing was its "breaks" its breaks were absolutely not effective at all, I was about to hit front car, thanks GOD I decided to apply breaks from little more distance otherwise it could have hit the front car. The car owner said "Cultus ki breaks toh aise hi hoti hian" {Weird}

Secondly, the road grip was pathetic... the car seem to be floating on the road as ship Frankly speaking I didn't drive more faster, just because of though that "what if I have to apply break suddenly - this car won't stop"

My Corolla 88 (1994 Quota) is much much much much much much better then this... it really has Great Grip and Awsome breaks, even on 80Km/h I always have mental satisfaction that if I have to apply breaks suddenly then car WILL STOP within seconds.

I have request to Suzuki Culuts Owners to please guide me if this is wrong and the car I drove was defective OR PakSuzuki is fooling people by selling these "things" called "cars"
    Ever driven a "rolla"?
    Suggestions required

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    The brakes of 2010 Corolla GLi are superb!
    Never had any problem with them.
    Dont know about XLi though.
    brakes of 2010 xli is awesome.....n much better than previous gen.....
    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Fingers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

People start saying that 'Oh no its a 20 year old car' ... heres the problem

The quality of your NEW cars makes it break down within an year.

Them 20 year olds go strong after you spend a little on them. Cus their parts, even if more expensive, still are proper parts.

The crap you get in the new cars is OEM right ? And when replace it all you replace it with is more crap.

The suzuki crap you get isnt even proper suzuki, its crappy Pak Suzuki siht.

Oh and yea.

Your 2001-2010 Cultus are actually 1990 Swifts. Just made with more pathetic materials and far worst quality than that in 1990 oweing to the fact thats its made by PS (Piece of S***). Oh and its being made because people buy it here, not because its good. Do a little search and ull see these cars werent even that good 20 years back ... jab nae thi aab kia hongi IIS zamanay main, with worst quality than that.

I drove a Cultus the other day. 2006. Id prefer having a 1988 Charade. It'd cost me a fraction of the cost and after reviving the whole damn thing with proper parts, which I know arent piece of **** third rate quality stuff thats already in your OEM PS crap boxes, I know ill be in sukun for a long time.

In short, you buy tin kay dabbay econoboxes that were never popular or as good as the rest of the market when they were released more than TWENTY years ago, you pay more for them than they cost 20 years ago even if doing the 'That time money, this time money' comparision ... infact aloooooooooooooot more, they are WORST quality than what they were 20 years ago when they werent really THAT good to begin with. I can bet you that if you pick a properly maintained 1990 Swift, itd be better than a 2010 Cultus.
    1st Generation Integration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsan1702 View Post
    People start saying that 'Oh no its a 20 year old car' ... heres the problem

The quality of your NEW cars makes it break down within an year.

Them 20 year olds go strong after you spend a little on them. Cus their parts, even if more expensive, still are proper parts.

The crap you get in the new cars is OEM right ? And when replace it all you replace it with is more crap.

The suzuki crap you get isnt even proper suzuki, its crappy Pak Suzuki siht.

Oh and yea.

Your 2001-2010 Cultus are actually 1990 Swifts. Just made with more pathetic materials and far worst quality than that in 1990 oweing to the fact thats its made by PS (Piece of S***). Oh and its being made because people buy it here, not because its good. Do a little search and ull see these cars werent even that good 20 years back ... jab nae thi aab kia hongi IIS zamanay main, with worst quality than that.

I drove a Cultus the other day. 2006. Id prefer having a 1988 Charade. It'd cost me a fraction of the cost and after reviving the whole damn thing with proper parts, which I know arent piece of **** third rate quality stuff thats already in your OEM PS crap boxes, I know ill be in sukun for a long time.

In short, you buy tin kay dabbay econoboxes that were never popular or as good as the rest of the market when they were released more than TWENTY years ago, you pay more for them than they cost 20 years ago even if doing the 'That time money, this time money' comparision ... infact aloooooooooooooot more, they are WORST quality than what they were 20 years ago when they werent really THAT good to begin with. I can bet you that if you pick a properly maintained 1990 Swift, itd be better than a 2010 Cultus.
    Sir, care to explain whos mistake is this the company which is selling this crap or the consumer who is buying this crap.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

cultus is not a bad car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol
    *You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive*
    BlackBerry PIN: Currently Not Available ;p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I wouldnt be discussing ABS - or hydraulic mounts or anything fancy - Im discussing wiring here, HOW do the suzuki cars pass modern tests when they dont even have waterproof connectors in their wiring. Even the cultus uses open spade connectors that need to be filled with silicone grease every 10,000 kms to keep water out of them. That too in this time and age.

The buyer is to blame - stop buying and if you are buying - give them an earful for anything out of place.

Talking about "gear lagana nahin aata" - Ive had my colorful share of hot word exchange with toyota about an automatic transmission malfunction - THEY TOO SAID, aap ko shayad automatic car chalanee nahin aatee. THAT WAS IT, I literally dragged their butts out - sat them in the car - and said NOW DRIVE AND TEACH ME HOW TO DRIVE AN AUTOMATIC. After they "passed" the car I asked them to get out another similar car and I showed them the difference - even advised them of the fault inside via Toyota's repair manual and parts catalog.

I got a new transmission free of charge, but I do believe that I scared off some customers.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alikhan7 View Post
    Best analysis so far.

Well i was planning to buy some car under 6lacs,I thought civic-97 or rolla 88 is the best choice for me but it's very hard to find these models in clean condition.My cousin suggested go for cultus 2006
    I never drove cultus before,but when i was searching some cars dealer showed me 2006 VXL and i had test drive for 4-5 miles.here's my feedback

1-Low acceleration with AC
    2-So called Power steering
    3-Little bit smoothness of drive
    4-No heat up issues
    5-Suspension is O.K
    6-Spacious in 1000cc category
    7-Brakes not so good

Well this car is not so safe then other old models sedan but still it has resale, cheap spares,probability of getting less driven under 50k,no mechanical issues as compare to old models,i believe new is new I don't wana stuck on highways parking lanes opening my bonnet and calling highway police for mechanical support.

THANKS
    thats what is under question here - EVEN NEW the car is questionable.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

16. 02-03-2011, 01:49 AM

Site Banned

Reason
    banned member

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

welkome to the insane world of PS (Permanent ****)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well yar aisa nahi hai engine low hoga but cultus grip or chalne main achi hai but break main MASHALLAH

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just keep buying
    if tc=p then hc=m where tc is equal to toyota corolla and p is equal to paindu, and hc is equal to honda civic and m is equal to moron

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the gear thing that you are talking about is no more in the efi version and the engine performance is also improved alot. however the road frip and breaking is really bad. however the grip is fixed by installing slightly wider tyres on the stock rims but the breaks sensitivity is a reall issue in both cultus and margalla. i think that this is the main weakness and the only solution is to get a break booster and rear discs. one thing that you missed is the terrible steering. my margalla has a power steering. when i drove a new cultus it was damn heavy so it also needs upgradation to eps.

on the bright side it offers really nice economy and reliability. it gives upto 200km on one tank of cng

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the build quality of 90s cars that too toyota or mistubishi were indeed far better than cars these days,those too suzukis
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Comparing Suzuki So Called Cars to Anything else is an Insult to other compared car

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

User Tag List