0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Cultus Fuel Pump

Whenever I switch my cultus to petrol from CNG it stops running after a few kilometers. The engine jerks as if missing the spark (plugs are fine) and then it turns off. Mechanic suggested that petrol filter/tank should be cleaned, but the problem is still there after cleaning the filter and fuel tank. Now he suggests fuel pump should be changed. Please tell me how much Cultus genuine fuel pump costs and should I buy it from Pak Suzuki or not? Also, please let me know from where I can buy it in Lahore/Islamabad if not from Pak Suzuki?

If you are driving at the speed of light and you turn on your headlights, what happens?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aahh....no replies yet!
    Well, I've sorted it out myself and sharing here in case anyone faces same problem.
    It was the fuel pump that stopped working. I inquired about price from different Pak Suzuki dealerships and everyone gave a different rate, from 18000 to 24000, for genuine fuel pump. A local (or Desi) pump is also available in the market for Rs. 800 which I didn't want to use. Finally, my search for the genuine parts returned fruitful when PS dealers in Islamabad "Choudhary Motors" told me that the fuel pump genuinely fitted in Cultus is of "Mitsubishi" brand which is available from market for Rs. 5000 but when purchased from PS dealership under PS packing, it costs around Rs. 20000 or more. This proved true when I bought it from market for Rs. 5000 and found out that that so called "GENUINE" fuel pump is one and the same i.e. of MITSUBISHI brand now my car's engine is working smoothly on petrol.
    If you are driving at the speed of light and you turn on your headlights, what happens?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am glad u sorted out the problem i am sorry i havent come acrossed to see your thread otherwise i would have replied because i suffered the same problem and it was fuel pump in the end , i have bought a new intank fuel pump aswell for rupees 4200 from waterpump market which didnt last long i dont know why , have to put a thaiwan one for the time being costed 850 rupees but i will change it soon , when u bought this Mistibushi one from market what did u tell them ? give me a mistibushi fuel pump and u able to post the box picture of your fuel pump please , also make sure your petrol fuel filter is changed aswell .
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah that wud be help full for other diggers in the future.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do not have the picture of this fuel pump. When I visited PS dealership in Rawalpindi, they told me about this Mitsubishi fuel pump and that its the same as genuine which comes factory fitted. The guys at PS disclosed the secret because they personally know me for quite some time. I have so far driven 500 Kms using this fuel pump without the slightest of troubles.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster
    now get a cut-out installed with the fuel pump so when ever you drive your car on CNG the fuel pump will remain OFF hence longer life of the pump...

get it done from any experienced electrication...
    .........Tomorrow Never Comes Until Its Too Late........
    //////Life Without LOUD Sound System iz incomplete\\\\\\

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kingofspades View Post
    I do not have the picture of this fuel pump. When I visited PS dealership in Rawalpindi, they told me about this Mitsubishi fuel pump and that its the same as genuine which comes factory fitted. The guys at PS disclosed the secret because they personally know me for quite some time. I have so far driven 500 Kms using this fuel pump without the slightest of troubles.
    my question remains unanswerable what do we need to say to the local shop guys that please give us Mistibushi fuel pump ? and are u talking about the kabli mustibushi pump that we will buy from junk yards or are u talking about new mistibushi fuel pump that is available at spare parts shops ?
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the mistubishi brand fuel pump is available since a long time, as it was originally used in the margalla, Its an intank low pressure pump and it can only sustain 5 psi of pressure. Last time I was in Karachi - a freind of mine bought this pump from plaza and installed it in his margalla - cost him Rs 4500/- and was perfect, the problem originated with his alternator wiring (it runs the pump)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

are they brand new pumps xulfiqar or the kabli used that we buy from plaza , shafiq mour or shershah ?
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

new
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the mistubishi brand fuel pump is available since a long time, as it was originally used in the margalla, Its an intank low pressure pump and it can only sustain 5 psi of pressure. Last time I was in Karachi - a freind of mine bought this pump from plaza and installed it in his margalla - cost him Rs 4500/- and was perfect, the problem originated with his alternator wiring (it runs the pump)
    thanks for the info xulfiqar next time u talk to your friend please ask him if he would be able to give u the shop adress i need to buy one for my cultus but i had visited 3 shops at plaza they all seems to have different rates and they are not sure about quality of the fuel pump thanks in advance !!
    Crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shqamar

u still facing fuel pump problem. u know in past i also faced same problem. first i installed genuine one same mitsubishi for Rs.4200/ from palza one shop which supply genuine suzuki parts only. it lasts for only one month. then i got upset and i thought to give try to kabli one. so i purchased from maxilane for Rs.1300/- which is uptill now running fine. don't let it be dry. keep some petrol in ur tank i mean never shift to petrol when u have no petrol in tank. more over bypass the cutout and keep it off running when u r on CNG.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey mazamwarraich sir ,
    long time no seen how have u been , no my problem was solves ages ago and since its running fine alhamdullah although i had a external pump installed but its doing the job so i am okie with it now i will put the intank fuel pump in future when ever this one will die hence i was asking a reputable shop so that will be benificafial for me and all the cultus owners whether they are buying new or kabli !!
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have recently replaced my margalla's pump with guage, u r rite it originally came with mitsubishi pumps i have got two now due to a mechanic experiment its kabli purchased 1 frm magzine line @ 1200 other1 frm shafiq mour @ 1500 which is working perfect now far better then local ones available @ 700-800rs i didn't knew that it came new @ 4500, the one 1 found was taiwan made not like genuine and the shopkeeper was asking 5500 for it with no warrenty finally decided 2 go 4 kabli 1 atleast they r original if not repaired, u can check it usage before fitting but suppling power and put a pipe in water tub if the flow is gud install it.

tips for keep it running is always keep some fuel in ur car and also consume within a month, dnt store fuel more than 2 months o/w fuel is expired
    try 2 make a routine of running ur car on patrol daily or after 2-3 days dnt save too much @ cng it will keep the car engine/pump healthy if u don't convert ur car on patrol more than 2-3 months ur fuel pump will b gone so take care.

pics attached for refernce, its old pump was last used 8 years back dats y all rusted so had to replace it.

Cultus Fuel Pump -291482 Cultus Fuel Pump -291483 Cultus Fuel Pump -291484

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shqamar View Post
    hey mazamwarraich sir ,
    long time no seen how have u been , no my problem was solves ages ago and since its running fine alhamdullah although i had a external pump installed but its doing the job so i am okie with it now i will put the intank fuel pump in future when ever this one will die hence i was asking a reputable shop so that will be benificafial for me and all the cultus owners whether they are buying new or kabli !!
    well i m ok Qamar hope u r too .hppty ur problem solved. well i never tried outside fuel pump. well i guess its right if u don't empty ur tank ur fuel pump will not die. and also alter some electric connection so that pump shnould not be run until u switch on petrol.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List