0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Cultus 2006, engine head overhaul

Dear pakwheelers, I have a Suzuki cultus 2006, carburetor engine, and the car is performing below average. Max speed my ride can hit is 110km/h. Till now I have been instructed by many mechanics to do many things including “engine head overhauling” “engine compression checking” “getting new and bigger pistons” and god knows what. Now being totally fed up with my car and mind it that I cannot change it because I aint got enough dough. Kindly guide me what to do because the ride is getting on my nerves. I need best available solutions from cultus experts. Thanks in advance guys. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>

-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    what your kharadia would do is grind the valves stems short as the valve seats have sunk into the head and the hydraulic self adjusting tappets have run out of adjustment room - this condition causes misfire and loss of compression. The correct way is to measure the valve seats, and replace if worn then install new valves and measure the valve stem distance to the top of the head (the suzuki repair manual would have the exact number) and only after correct dimensions would your engine run like factory new.

If your valve lifters are noisy (very very clattery) but you have good compression then you need to either replace the lifers with new parts or use a good quality detergent oil in your engine (diesel oil) which should be a little runny - 10W40 at max.
    I have heared from the authorized dealers to get the head tooled from a machine shop they never ast to change the valve seal in such sitations so what I see is that none tappets are properly adjusted once they require adjustments. As wilth any common man the valve, its seal and guide is changed in during engine overhual that also if needed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear PW members,

It all started when i was getting my car serviced and the pressure water was going in the hood.After it was done the car was getting ignition but wasnt starting then i left for half an hour so that the water will drop eventually after half an hour i started the car again but wasnt turning on until i heard a thak noise then i pushed the car to start it and eventually the car did start but the rpm is not stable.when i brake the car engine turns off

I have gotten the butterfly of carburettor changed as well as the blow valve and blow pipe and now the mechanic tells me to open the head the car has travelled more than 143000kms and head is never opened in the first place.

Need HELP what could be the issue and how to resolve it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki Cultus Engine Tappet Head Cover...

Please let me know the difference between both cultus tappet head cover and why?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What has the butterfly got to do with water going inside the bonnet and car creating problems. It looks like an ignition system issue. Check all plugs, distributor, the ignitor, the coil etc...

I bet this mechanic will convince you into a complete overhaul and make 50K out of you...

Quote Originally Posted by hatimislam View Post
    Dear PW members,

It all started when i was getting my car serviced and the pressure water was going in the hood.After it was done the car was getting ignition but wasnt starting then i left for half an hour so that the water will drop eventually after half an hour i started the car again but wasnt turning on until i heard a thak noise then i pushed the car to start it and eventually the car did start but the rpm is not stable.when i brake the car engine turns off

I have gotten the butterfly of carburettor changed as well as the blow valve and blow pipe and now the mechanic tells me to open the head the car has travelled more than 143000kms and head is never opened in the first place.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hatimislam View Post
    Dear PW members,

i think it is just the plug wires
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List