Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Fuel Pump Kit

hello,

I have a 2004 cultus. my car has a series of problems, and i have sent it for repairs to some mechanic. but now my mechanic is telling me that my fuel pump, its tank and the entire wiring needs to be changed. and he says that original fuel pump cost of suzuki is around 34000 rs. that is still not the bad news. he said that it will take 3 months for it to come from japan and this entire piece which includes (fuel pump, the tank, the wires etc). now i am in a fix. the car works fine on cng but i want to get it totally repaired as it is a good car. the guy has inserted a new silencer for 7500, the water body for around 4000 and he said that the radiater and gas kit are okay. he said that the engine has gone weak.

i also need advice if i should get the gas kit opened and sealed again for sake of making it clear of all other hassel.

will be looking forward for some help regarding this issue.

plz also tel me where can i get the entire fuel pump kit in karachi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abeerna View Post
    hello,

I have a 2004 cultus. my car has a series of problems, and i have sent it for repairs to some mechanic. but now my mechanic is telling me that my fuel pump, its tank and the entire wiring needs to be changed. and he says that original fuel pump cost of suzuki is around 34000 rs. that is still not the bad news. he said that it will take 3 months for it to come from japan and this entire piece which includes (fuel pump, the tank, the wires etc). now i am in a fix. the car works fine on cng but i want to get it totally repaired as it is a good car. the guy has inserted a new silencer for 7500, the water body for around 4000 and he said that the radiater and gas kit are okay. he said that the engine has gone weak.

i also need advice if i should get the gas kit opened and sealed again for sake of making it clear of all other hassel.

plz also tel me where can i get the entire fuel pump kit in karachi
    Pak suzuki uses fuel pump of Mitsubishi brand and pack it in SGP white box
    Mitsubishi brand fuel pump will cost u around 4300 Rs
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Correct.

@abeerna: Your Mechanic....... looks like you are the only one who gets he car taken care from him.......... cause the bloody price and the part arrival thing he is telling is in sane .........

and he says that original fuel pump cost of suzuki is around 34000 rs. that is still not the bad news. he said that it will take 3 months for it to come from japan and this entire piece which includes (fuel pump, the tank, the wires etc).
    ^^^ Looks like he included his own price too in the cost mentioned.

In Karachi call Mandviwalla Motors (official PS Dealer) at Queens road, back side State Bank .. II. Chandrigarh road.

Phone # 021-32410154 ---- As for Shokat ..... and give Shokat my name. --- If still the price high as you mentioned ...... than do mention it here (on PakWheels)
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=abeerna;3109413]hello,

plz also tel me where can i get the entire fuel pump kit in karachi[/QUOTE]

You will get it from Haji Motors at Plaza.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank you kamran aslam...
    i have sent my car at the same Mandviwalla Motors that you have mentioned..
    and i know i am paying more but i just want satisfaction on it. and also it is the Mandviwalla Motors people who have told me that they cant arrange for the fuel pump, and that the original will be ordered from Japan which takes about three months to reach here

and Mr. Argtr 65. i have noted the name will go to plaza tomorrow.

more or less am at the same place that i started off from...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mandviwalla are taking care of my car since last 3-4 Years.... and my bills are always in control, plus they know very well for how picky I am for my car

Than call this guy name Asher # 0300-3745091

he arranged a fuel pump for my car, I still have the old one with ME it works good as per mechanic, but I prefer the new one.

for technical things, if one gives a problem once I replace it, even it show its good

For the part which they dont have it, I get it from plaza/others handover the part to them and they do the fitting --- ME too very much satisfied with their services for my car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey,
    today i went to plaza to ask for the fuel pump assembly, i ended up getting mixed rates for it... the weird thing was that only small shops were usually selling cultus fuel pump assembly which included the fuel pump in it. the small shops were offering me that fuel pump assembly for around 16k for brand new original suzuki cultus and 8k for the kabli one. so i started asking around and went 2 HAJJI Motors, along with other big shops there. the big shops were all saying that they can only give me the original fuel pump and no assembly for it as it has no demand or unusually goes bad. they said that i should rather get it from the kabaraiya market, so i asked him how some shops were selling me original suzuki fuel pump assembly for 16k. he said that it is also qabli just polished and refurbished. but none of the parts actually have warranty or garantee. so after some time i decided to just buy the kabli one and the guy gave me 3 days to check out the unit and bring back if it goes bad. he sold it 2 me for 4500 and showed me that every part worked...
    so far the mandiwala company ppl have changed the silencer for 7500
    the water body for 3000
    and i have purchased a fuel pump for 3000 and gave them the fuel pump to install in it they will fill it with fuel and check if carborater etc works fine.
    i will update you guys tomorrow
    i will also try to fetch the unit rate list of suzuki motors and check if i am not being over charged
    as far as i can tell i asked for the above mentioned unit prices and saw that am being heavily over charged.
    thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have also cultus 2004. one year back my fuel also gone dead and after some inquiry on this forum and from different mechanic, i purchased genuine fuel pump from Haji autos Plaza saddar. Rs.4200/- it only lasts for exact 30 days. they don't offer u any warryanty even of one hour. then i went to mexinline saddar and purchased kabli for rs.1300/- and fixed it in tank. it was same mitsubishi and kabli one was also same and the genuine i removed from tank was also mitsubishi. kabli is still working. only tip i heared from different people don't let ur tank be dry. keep some petrol in it. i did same until now and it is working.

so this was mine experience.

one more point i want tot explain these so called suzuki dealer rip money on name of genuine. i experimented twice. i changed the clutch plate and brake service. they charged double for the work as compared to other workshops.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello ppl!
    sorry for replying late but trust me do I have a story for your forum here.
    i would like to start off from the point where i had my cultus fuel pump (and assembly) problem and i had handed the car to Suzuki Mandivalla Motors. i had sent my car to the company to fix the fuel pump issue and check for all other things and the company people Shoaib (customer Services Guy) told me that the fuel pump assembly was original for 34000 and i had to wait for 3 months to had it imported from Japan. so i went to plaza and asked around and i ended up with diff quotations for the FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY

1 Hajji Motors 22k original No warranty and claimed all rest are fake as they buy qabli fuel pump and assembly and clean them and put them in bags and sell for 16k or 17k,
    2 rest small shops 16k no warranty but claimed its real
    3 the qabli shops in the back handed me with warranty for 4500 (but warranty was that the pressure of the fuel pump will be consistent and if the fuel pump stopped working than i will have no warranty on it).

so i took the fuel pump handed it to company guys they checked it it was working. and said will install it and let me know. the next day Shoaib Company guy called and said it was not working. so i took the fuel assembly back and got it checked it was working but the pressure was not right so i handed it back to the qabli shop and got my money back.
    til now i had a rough going on with the company ppl as they were not corresponding or identifying the issues with the car and later on they said that the car was a mess and i SHOULD GET RID OF IT THAT PUTTING MONEY ON ITS ENGINE WAS A WASTE AND THAT THE CAR IS IN BAD SHAPE
    later they identified that the car had following probs
    1 suspension repairing cost 40k
    2 pressure plate and clutch plates 15k
    3 steering repairing with parts 15k
    so far the company ppl had already charged me 19k for mix stuff and useless things like
    1 silencer 7k compelete
    2 radiater cap 500 (********)
    3 well i have the bill for 19k with GST included.
    4 water body 4k
    5 fuel tank 3k

so after clearing the bill from there i took my car out and took it directly 2 plaza where i found this person called Imran he helped me with fixing my original fuel pump and radiater for less than 5k. he said assembly of car can always be repaired and he just took out the old one cleaned it and put a new original pump in it and my car has been running on fuel since than, so this will clear the prespectives i know it cleared mine how small issues are highlted into big ones by these corporate ********.
    and than where the other work was highlighted i got that checked from different mechanics and they said that the car tire rods and a kainchi was gone bad plus clutch plates etc
    i got that all fixed from a regular mechanic at 26th street and the guy fixed the following
    1 gas kit
    2 wheels etc
    3 crank shaft

that costed me less and the work was good 2
    now my car is at denter and getting all small dents fixed on it

by the way i also found out that plaza has a basement where all things are 500 to 1000 rs lesser in price.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

by the way i also found out that plaza has a basement where all things are 500 to 1000 rs lesser in price.
    I have heard that too......

and for the authorised dealer thing very sad to hear that....will talk to Abbas the owners Son......for all this mess you mention.

This means you went through a lot of crap.......... which most of us go through

anyways: Do update more to us, so we all can be attentive to such happenings ---- My Good Luck to your car and you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for Qabli fuel pump it will cost Rs800 max hundred time better than the new chinese one

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Majid1 View Post
    Hey can I use mitsubishi lancer's fuel pump in my efi cultus?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asad1 View Post
    Go for Qabli fuel pump it will cost Rs800 max hundred time better than the new chinese one
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid1 View Post
    Hey can I use mitsubishi lancer's fuel pump in my efi cultus?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List