51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you should paint the window frame accents black, like the japanese versions of this body style had, it makes the car have a wrapped glass look.

The panels under the doors (called footboards) are also supposed to be sprayed with black undercoat. It looks good and secondly it protects it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    helo friends , can any one tell me how to get rid of this facebook icon on the right bottom corner of pakwheels page ?
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - 347532
    Use google Chrome use the Extention named Ad Block Plus. after installing it right click it and click "Block Element" it should work

n Loving the paint job on your ride Awesome work i must say
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/164227-my-new-ride-d
    My Charade (Away for a while Due To Exams) Wish Me Luck

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default cultus miscellaneous body parts, part 1 of 3

these are few of the body parts which i washed and overhaul , some of them are hard to find , you can even find them in old parts shops , so save all such small things and remove them before giving your car in mechanics hands , i have many bad experences in this project , denters steals nut bolts , i buy all genunine nut bolts from old parts shops and denter use not even a single bolt , it doesnt happen once but thrice , first the car was equiped with its origianl bolts which was all lost when he open the car for the first time and i buy dozens of bolts for him , and he remove every thing before paint and for the final assambly he again need all bolts , liers and cheats , and i really have no soultion for that , i remove each and every thing from the car before giving it to the work shop but i cant remove nut bolts , any how becarefull from denters they all have a habbit of stealing nut bolts , dont know where they fit them , hehehhe

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348019 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348020 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348022 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348025 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348027
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348037 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348039 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348040 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348041 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348045 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348048 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348049 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348050 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - 348051 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1025825 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1025826
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348078 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348079

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mashallah it coming together nicely

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default cultus miscellaneous body parts, part 2 of 3

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348092 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348098 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348100 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348101 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348102 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348116 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348119 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348123 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348125 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348126 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348134 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348137 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348138 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348139 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348142

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i can tell u where those bolts go, the denters give them to the customers who bribe them, genuine stuff is hard to find and easier to steal, once a 3s dealers mechanic offered me a part the same way

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

excellent detailed thread way to go good friend !!
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default cultus miscellaneous body parts, part 3 of 3

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348158 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348159 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348160 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348162 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348164 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348173 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348176 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348177 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348180 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348181 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348190 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348191 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -348192

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    i can tell u where those bolts go, the denters give them to the customers who bribe them, genuine stuff is hard to find and easier to steal, once a 3s dealers mechanic offered me a part the same way

yeah you are exzactelly right , you see the black ring which surround the digee lock ? ,,,,,,,,one of the denter gave me that ring and asking 100 Rs for that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you know that ring is not availabe even at 3S shop ,,,,,,,,,,,,then from where he get that.............i am 100% sure he steal that from some customers car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i simply refuse it,,,,,,,i cant take such thing even if he gave me free ,,,,,,,,,,,,,but luckily i found its replica in my home's store when i usually store old spare parts and tools ,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro id suggest that you make friends with a vxl owner and take a picture or trace the vxl sticker on paper, then any rice shop can custom print the sticker for u

as for the "S" ill tell u where they get it, those are also stolen otherwise how come new parts have scratches, the 3s dealer was selling it for 300 and i got it for 70 from outside, it was same quality and same packing, ditto

btw good going keeping the original channels and exterior trim, the new chinese ones are total trash

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro, from where you bought the bumpers? they look real good unlike the ones available in local market.

also which front bumper you guys recommend old or new? i think old are better but they are also smaller

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xzap042 View Post
    bro, from where you bought the bumpers? they look real good unlike the ones available in local market.

also which front bumper you guys recommend old or new? i think old are better but they are also smaller

yeah you right they are many times batter than the ordinary bumpers available in market , i buy them from a shop in sultan kaa khoo , shop name is Azam autos , its right infrount of a PSO petrol pump which lies almost in the mid of a sultan kaa khoo road , the guy at azam autos whose name is asif is my brothers friends and he gave me littel discount , its market price is 1800 with upper pad , but he gave me in 1550 , he says its thailand made ,
    and i always recomend to use all parts acording to the car model , use factory default model only , but keep in mind that the new shape bumper costs just 650 Rs ,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UBajwa View Post
    AoA, What i understand about it is that it keeps the engine warm enough for better performance but what if the thermostat valve is missin ?, Usually mechanics remove it sayin that it may cause your car to heat up in summers. So what i intend to ask is if its necessary in winters or its okay without it ?
    T valve is a very important part of engine cooling system. Why is that?

1st. Its because every engine has a special value of temperature at which it delivers optimum performance. T valve helps maintain that temperature so that engine can do its maximum. T Valve does not let the temperature drop from that special value and the cooling fan does not let it rise from that value.

2nd thing it does is that it brings the engine to this specific value of temperature in minimum time when one starts the engine.

3rd thing. If T valve is not installed your heater will not work on winter night long drives as the coolant temperature drops too much because T valve is not there to stop it from dropping. I guess that would be quite terrible.

Therefore from my point of view T valve must be installed .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

helo friends , i buy a second hand cultus 2006 model , the car was in very bad shape so i plan to rebuilt and overhaul it , i make this form and in comming days i will post its pictures during and after overhaul , you guys are welcome to comment and gave suggestions , thanks
    Nice work janab. Best of Luck.

Jazak Allah for sharing the whole project......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

helo dear , i recentelly checked the price of cultus radiator , it cost 6 to 8K , and caltex coolant which comes in orange color is best , there are many local made which i think nothing more than just green colored water like Nasa , Osaka ect they are all useless , there is another local brand name Guard , which also make filters , i guess they have some quality standards and there coolant may be of good quality , i will try it , few weeks before i check its prices , i dont remember exzactelly but i think 4 or 5 liter can was of some where below 500 , price figure was in 400 ,
    Yes you are right. There are a lot of useless coolant brands in the market. One thing i would like to share is that if any one tries to put only water or water mixed with coolant in their car radiator it must be soft or distilled water. It will save engine cooling system from deposition of salt sediments. So never use tap water for radiator filling......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yeah may be bosch is good , if its really origianl then it will be good , you see my T valve , it doest look good but still works , i have a dought in its working so thats way i put it on test , and i really push it to extreme because water never ever boils in radiator and i take it to the boiling temperature , above 100 degree C , i must have to use a digital temperature guage in water so that i must know that at what temperature it starts opening , but i mis that , any how i will test a fan automatic switch in comming few days then i will put theory in practical , must know that at what temperature the fan starts and stops ,
    I would recommend you to tally the temperature readings found in the practical with the actual one quoted by the manufacturer...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kingrifai View Post
    Nice work janab. Best of Luck.

Jazak Allah for sharing the whole project......
    thanks dear , its very very unfortunate that i havent save any pic during engine overhauling , at that time i have no plan to share all that on PW , but there are few jobs remaining on engine like CV joints and gear box seal (clutch side) , and for that i have to remove engine , i will post all that method ,,,,,,,how to remove cultus engine in 10 min

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes you are right. There are a lot of useless coolant brands in the market. One thing i would like to share is that if any one tries to put only water or water mixed with coolant in their car radiator it must be soft or distilled water. It will save engine cooling system from deposition of salt sediments. So never use tap water for radiator filling......
    use of pure coolant is recomended ? or we have to mix it with water , 40 60 ratio

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

T valve is a very important part of engine cooling system. Why is that?

1st. Its because every engine has a special value of temperature at which it delivers optimum performance. T valve helps maintain that temperature so that engine can do its maximum. T Valve does not let the temperature drop from that special value and the cooling fan does not let it rise from that value.

2nd thing it does is that it brings the engine to this specific value of temperature in minimum time when one starts the engine.

3rd thing. If T valve is not installed your heater will not work on winter night long drives as the coolant temperature drops too much because T valve is not there to stop it from dropping. I guess that would be quite terrible.

Therefore from my point of view T valve must be installed .....

yeah you right , my car's previous owner has removed this T valve and also the fan auto switch ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats really strange ,,,,,,,,,,,,,but i will restore all that in original condition,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i plan to buy a T valve and then this point came in mind that different engine run on different healthy temperature , by healty temperature i mean the ideal temperature on which it gives its peak performance,,,,,,,,,,,like diesel engine need high temperature , engines with cast iron block have different temperature , and same as with alminum blocks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so how can we mix this T valve ,,,,,,,,,,,i take this T valve from my cousion , he also have cultus and his mechanic has removed this valve by saying that your engine no longer need of this thing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so i am 100% sure that this T valve is original from cultus ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i see some temperature reading engraved on T valve ,,,,,,,,,,it says 82 degree C ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i dont know about it but i guess its the max temperature on which it works ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and i am sure different engine T valve have different temperature,,,,,,,,,,,,,so i guess use the one which is original for your car,,,,,,,,

some expert gave comments on it,,,,,,,,,,,it will be helpfull ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

use of pure coolant is recomended ? or we have to mix it with water , 40 60 ratio
    you have to mix it with distilled water, 60% water 40% coolant.

btw - buy a checkvalve for the windshield washer nozzles - you can get them at old parts places or even at places that sell fish aquariums, it prevents the wash liquid from draining back into the bottle - meaning that when its installed you will have liquid spray as soon as you pull the switch rather than after a delay for the liquid to rise in the small pipe. The pipe is supposed to mounted with plastic clips on the bonnet, they are cheap - about Rs 5/piece.

install new plastic moisture barrier sheets on the door metal frames before mounting the door cards on them, and remove, clean and lubricate the door latches with a very slight amount of very runny grease - so they keep operating smoothly, While at it, buy a new door holder for the drivers door from the 3S dealership, its the tongue that holds the door open and can be seen in the door jamb area near the hinges, Never apply grease to them as they are supposed to be friction stops for the door. The driver door holder would be worn out by now.

wax the engine bay painted areas to protect them from collecting grime
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

User Tag List