51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    mashaAllah, Your time and effort has paid off well, the car looks great, Do show it to the person you got it from.

previous owner is a friend of my brother , will show him soon but i am sure he is not going to recognize it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ive been a silent admirer of the thread, Have learned alot
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I want to ask you that from where you learned all this work,fitting, assembling and disassembling etc. These are not something which anyone can do straight away as diy.
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    I want to ask you that from where you learned all this work,fitting, assembling and disassembling etc. These are not something which anyone can do straight away as diy.
    learned from common sence, if you have intrest then this single thing is more than enough

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    learned from common sence, if you have intrest then this single thing is more than enough
    i wish ... kay Allah hamaray kuch mechanics/electrician etc ko aap jaisa ya atleast 25% ka common sense dai ... ameen

really sir, the things you have done and specially demonstration are just too good ... as stipping the car and reassemble it so prefessionally is really a tough job .. as i past i did some DIY like dashboard removal .. cluster washing/repairing break service etc and mostly i end up breaking something like clip/plastic etc .. ;lolzz
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mashallah do show this car to the last owner and say "aisa gari ko neat and clean maintain rakhta hai"
    yar do post more pics after first washed
    thumbs up!
    Love your Machine it reflects your personality

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syedmughees View Post
    Mashallah do show this car to the last owner and say "aisa gari ko neat and clean maintain rakhta hai"
    yar do post more pics after first washed
    thumbs up!
    thanks dear , will post some before and after pic soon , will gave a comparision , and some day its previous owner will see it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion80 View Post
    i wish ... kay Allah hamaray kuch mechanics/electrician etc ko aap jaisa ya atleast 25% ka common sense dai ... ameen

really sir, the things you have done and specially demonstration are just too good ... as stipping the car and reassemble it so prefessionally is really a tough job .. as i past i did some DIY like dashboard removal .. cluster washing/repairing break service etc and mostly i end up breaking something like clip/plastic etc .. ;lolzz

what sence you can expect from an illiterate person who can hardelly write his name ?................. may be one 1 on 1000 carry some sence,,,,,,,,these days all mechanics are just after money , they dont case for someone's car , as for me i even care for small nuts and bolts , every nut, bolt or screw must go in it place and must be installed in the same was as installed by the factory , but they wont care , take out 10 bolts and install half of them , the other half lost or stolen out , i really lose my temperament while dealing with these littel shits,,,,,,,,and thats why i never take my care to any mechanic other than denter , luckily i found a very good guy at pak suzuki 3s in rwp , the manager Mr Ali was a real gentel man , i just deal with him and he further deal with denters , but the painter was also a decent man ,

yeah you right , its really not easy to open dash board , i will say its not difficult but its complicated , once i was watching a show on discovery name "maga factories" and the guys were assambling a car , they said that only the most experenced workers are allowed to fit dash board , and i will say that assambling the entire engine is not as complicated as removing this dashboard,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

words are not enough for your especial common sense .
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus sound deadening/sound insulation, part 1 of 4

hello friends , so here is the much waited post , sound deadening or sound and heat insulation , its will not only protect your car from unnecssary road and engine noice but also protect your car from heat loss during summer , ...............you need to remove each and every thing from car interior , dashboard, seats and every thing from trunk case , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i will say that every thing is easy to remove escept dashboard and the things which are under it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so you can do one thing,,,,,,,,,leave the insulation under the dash,,,,,,,,,,,insulate every thing else other then dash board, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,originally there is a fire wall installed under dash, which protected the cabin from engine noice and heat,,,,,,i guess thats a batter option because remving dash is really not easy and also you have to remove so many things before remove dash, and also you have to remove your ac evaporator and if your ac is charged with gas then it will be more difficult,,,,,,any how choice is yours ,,

................the insulation material is use is typically not a professional thing to insulate car, but there is no other option , the original dynamat will be very very costly , may be more than 30 k if you fully insulate the car as i do , this Diamand jumbo loan sheet is cheat , cost just 10Rs/sq feet, 10mm thickness , and it need almost 60 to 65 sq feet in total , i buy 64 sq feet and left with almost 5 sq feet , so i guess 60 sq feet is more than enough , but no problem if you buy few feets extra , use an adhesive solution to paste it , dont use spray adhesive because it will be very very expensive and you need lot of cans , may be more than a dozen ,,,,,,,,here i use just one can of 300 ml , .......

you will see in pic that i have blocked the ac blower vent in ,,,,,,,,,,,,the air passage from where the ac blower sucks air from out side,, you guys mostelly use that in winter while using heater so that heater wont circulate the cabin air , instead of that it sucks fresh air from outside, heat it and then throw it inside the cabin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i block that passage because of a solid reason , may be you guys wont agree with it ,but the point is that i cant compromise my ac cooling in summer ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the air comes from out side , sucked by the blower , then goes into the ac evaporator , then goes into the cabin,,,,,,,,,,,,,in this situation dirty air will block your evaporator,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and if you use it in winter then what will happen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,aur sucked by the blower from outside, ,,,,,,passes through the ac evaporator, then goes into the heater radiator and then goes in the cabin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in both situation the air will pass through the evaporator,,,,,,,,,,,,blocking it in winter and you will feel its effect in summer ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so i am blocking that air in,,,,,,,,,,so in summer the blower will such the cabin air and then passes it to the evaporator , then to the heating system and then to the cabin again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can say aur will circulate between cabin and heating system,,,,,,,,,,,,no dirty fresh air will come in and ac evaporator will be clean ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, compromise in winter but not in summer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,may be you guys dont like this idea and i wont suggest you to do that but i will go like this , and will block the air in or my every car which i use in my life,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361198 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361199 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361200 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361201 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361202 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361209 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361210 , Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361211 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361212 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361213 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361221 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361222 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361223 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361224 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361225

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shqamar View Post
    words are not enough for your especial common sense .
    see you after so many days , i will send your vxl sticker soon ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    see you after so many days , i will send your vxl sticker soon ,
    thanks u very much the stickers u made from your printer for e.g that ac gas one , those stickers that comes in factory fitted cars are just awsome , i have been reading your post and i am just amazed with your hard work , u need to open a workshop in karachi i am ready to invest for your business
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus sound deadening/sound insulation, part 2 of 4

few things i foget to mention,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that blocked air vent not only keep your ac evaporator clean but it will also keep your cabin quite , there is a 4 inch by 3 inch hole and lot of noice comes from there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and i have noticed ,,,,,,,,that hole wont fully seal when you shuts off its door from a lever on ac control pannel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and i have seen so many dust around that area,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    i have use a thin sheat of packing foam which was lying useless in my home ,,,,,,,,,,,,,sheat was very thin , so i triple it and then apply on doors and also on the trunk case , first i apply a moisture barrier of plastic sheat with scotch tape and then i apply foam sheat,,,,,,,i wont able to find a black asphalt based adhesive tape from market ,,,,,,so i use scotch tape , even wont find duct tape,,,,,,,,,,,,no other option so some thing is batter than nothing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but i will say at the end it really performs very well but the all insulation show very well , car is even quiter than my original cultus which , no noice and road sound while driving , very littel engine sound which is ignoreable , in one line i will say its a mission accomplished , few things which i really like on this car , one is the glove box light , second is the head light/fog light leds which gave a very cool look at evening/night , and third is this quite drive,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,dont leave any area blank , cover all with insulation,,,,,,,,,joints must be overlap on each other

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361236 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361237 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361238 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361239 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361240 is Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361244 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361245 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361246 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361247 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361248 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361249 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361250 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361251 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361252 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361253

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus sound deadening, part 3 of 4

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361254 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361255 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361256 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361257 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361258 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361259 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361260 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361261 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361262 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361263 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361266 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361268 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361269 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361270 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361274

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus sound deadening, part 4 of 4

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361284 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361285 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361286 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361287 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361288 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361289

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Can this be used to measure noice level ?

helo friends, check this pic , i instal this application on my cell phone , its for measure noice/sound level in decibel , how about checking the sound noice level on my 2 cultus , one with insulation and other is with out insulation , will this app be acurate enough ?

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -361364

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

awesome
    No one cares for Toyota more then Toyota

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what did you do to the holes on the floor for drainage purpose? did you seal them or left as it is? what if you drive your car through a flooded road, will jumbolon be able to stop water from coming in? please explain as i also want to insulate my car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lovely and professonaly done !!
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and another question. how are you sure that the spray paint, you did on your suspension and underneath the car, will stay for long? i have a personal experience that spray paint withers away in no time. did you secure the paint with clear coat?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

User Tag List