51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    ^ Thanks for the reference picture, but Im a bit confused.
    Isnt this cable connected with the wheels?
    I mean isnt it the wheel rotation that shows the speed?
    The differential rotates at wheel rpm and the rotation is transferred by the cable to the speedo head. This is the reason that installing bigger wheels slows down the speedometer because the rpm of the wheel is reduced.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Going very good,,,,
    Be nice to the ppl while going up.. you might meet them on your way down

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Instruction manual, AC stickers and PLA card, and Pak wheels sticker

helo friends , i came to know by some viewers of my thread that the megaupload on which i previously upload all the files are not working these days , so i have upload all of them on 4shared.com , below are the new links

pak wheel sticker.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    Cultus Instruction manual.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    AC and PLA card.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice job you have done

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by baburawan View Post
    Going very good,,,,

thanks dear , looking forward for your defender update , my next project will be landrover defender

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    thanks dear , looking forward for your defender update , my next project will be landrover defender
    waiting to subscribe to that thread as well
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    helo friends , i came to know by some viewers of my thread that the megaupload on which i previously upload all the files are not working these days , so i have upload all of them on 4shared.com , below are the new links

megaupload is gone for good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am over hauling my brother's cultus these days.

Cylinders being bored at 1.00
    Main/Big end at 0.50
    Thrust at 0.125
    Head faced
    block faced
    new valve seating and grinding
    new valve guides fitting
    Lathe job cost: 3000/-
    Parts procured till now
    new valve and valve guides
    new oil pump kit
    new water body
    new piston/rings
    valve seals
    main/big end bearings/thrust bearing
    Cost: 10,400/-

Question: I have not worked on hydraulic lifters before, can you please explain the installation/service process and any special precautions related to hydraulic valve lifters.

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ Why dont you cover your engine build aswell?
    It would be nice and informative to see your seperate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The differential rotates at wheel rpm and the rotation is transferred by the cable to the speedo head. This is the reason that installing bigger wheels slows down the speedometer because the rpm of the wheel is reduced.
    Got it!
    Thankyou.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    ^ Why dont you cover your engine build aswell?
    It would be nice and informative to see your seperate thread.

Got it!
    Thankyou.
    well dear i have already rebuilt the engine and engine rebuilt was the first task which i achive , and at that time i have no plan and idea to share all that on PW , very unfortunate , will share all that if i ever rebuilt any engine again,,,,,,,,,,,,well you know these days load shading has stoped atleast in pindi,,,,,,,,,,,so my home generator is out of service and in no use , and it need a serious engine rebuilt , its noice and smoke is many times higher than that of 2 stroke riksha ,,,,,,,,,will share all that here ,,,,,i am sure that will be even more helpfull for you guys because generator is a really a need of these days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,these days feel very low cant sit on PC for long , eyes irratation,,,,,,,,and gear overhaulling is still need to post ,,,,,will try to post soon,,,,,,,,
    i came to know that smijaz is oeverhaulling his cultus engine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so i think he must share all that,,,,,,,just send me pic and i will make a guide and post here on his behafe,,,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cylinders being bored at 1.00,,,,,,,,,,,,i also bore the cylinder on 1.00 , i jump from 0.5 to 1.0 because previous owner has really gave a long long run on that engine , if you change just rings , then next time when you bore you have to jump one above , like in my case instead of 0.75 i go to 1.0 , but i havent measure the bore on my own and thats why the kharadiya tell me and atleast i cant trust ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but tell me what piston brand you are using ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ART is the best one in suzuki if you manage to find the original one,,,,,,,,,,,,,there cost was 2600 Rs ,,,,,taiwan piston are also good , i am using taiwan
    ,,,,,,,,cylinder bore cost 450 Rs

Main/Big end at 0.50,,,,,,,,,,,,,make it sure that its all done with 100% accuracy from an expert kharadiya,,,,,,,the original crank bearings cost 1200 Rs , chinese also work well

Thrust at 0.125,,,,,,,kharadiyas are not good in griding this part of crank,,,,,,,,,,,mostelly they end up in grinding the thrust bearing with sand paper ,,,,,,,,,,,,,crank grinding cost 500 Rs

Head faced
    block faced,,,,,,,,if your car gave water bubbles from radiator then this is must ,,,,,,,,,but i guess block will only be ambry polish,,,,,,,,,,,,i remember cost of head face ws 500 Rs

new valve seating and grinding,,,,,,,,,,,,why change valve seats ? you make a mistake ,,,,,,,,,,they make seats out of cast iron which is not capable enough to use in valve seats ,,,,,,,,,,,original seats which are i guess not availabe spare are made of very special kind of metal,,,,,,,,,,and also they are punched in place by heating and freezing process ,,,,,,,mean freeze the seats in liquid nitrogen and at the same time heat the head area which holds the seats,,,,,,,,,,,,if valve seats are damaged then you must change the whole head ,,,,,,,,,

new valve guides fitting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, must use japanese,,,,,cost dont know , i havent change them , they were ok

Lathe job cost: 3000/- is that the cost of engine assambling ?
    Parts procured till now
    new valve and valve guides
    new oil pump kit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it will cost you 400 Rs , chinese one is ok
    new water body,,,,,,i havent change it but if its leaked then change it
    new piston/rings,,,,,,,,,,,,,ART pistons and NPR rings ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i prefer NPR rings
    valve seals,,,,,,,,,,,,never compromise on seals ,,,,,,use NOR or corteco ,
    main/big end bearings/thrust bearing
    Cost: 10,400/-

Question: I have not worked on hydraulic lifters before, can you please explain the installation/service process and any special precautions related to hydraulic valve lifters.
    well i also have the first chance of hyudralic lifters,,,,,,,,,at first i plan to grind the valve and valve seals on my own , i take all the stuff to machine shop and there they build it on a flow ,,,,,,so i mis the chance of building valve and seals ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they have a guage to measure the valve leagth , they measure the length by putting the valve in its place and measure it from the other end ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i dont know what scale they have for all that ,,,,,,,,,i try to investigate by they havent showed up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you need to service the sets of small pistons in the lifters,

is it posible for you to share all that engine overhaulling on this thread ,,,,,,,if so then this will be a complete thread of cultus including each and every part/bolt

thanks[/QUOTE]

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when working on hydraulic followers, be sure that go into the same bore they came out of, remove the little piston inside the follower and completely wash it out with petroil (petrol+oil) and install them so they are completely flat. You will not have any compression if you install them raised.

The valve height is measured from the top of the valve stem to the top edge of the head (refer the repair manual), a simple vernier caliper is used to measure.

When the engine is started up for the first time it will sound like the engine has

bad crank
    piston slap
    bad cam
    bad lifters

this is due to the lifters clanging away due to being empty. Once they pump up (within 2 minutes) the engine will become silent.

If you are unsure about the original lifter placement or if they are now flat (check with straight glass edge) due to previous mechanic screwing it up you need to renew the camshaft and all lifters, They wear like a set.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    when working on hydraulic followers, be sure that go into the same bore they came out of, remove the little piston inside the follower and completely wash it out with petroil (petrol+oil) and install them so they are completely flat. You will not have any compression if you install them raised.

The valve height is measured from the top of the valve stem to the top edge of the head (refer the repair manual), a simple vernier caliper is used to measure.

When the engine is started up for the first time it will sound like the engine has

bad crank
    piston slap
    bad cam
    bad lifters

this is due to the lifters clanging away due to being empty. Once they pump up (within 2 minutes) the engine will become silent.

If you are unsure about the original lifter placement or if they are now flat (check with straight glass edge) due to previous mechanic screwing it up you need to renew the camshaft and all lifters, They wear like a set.

well answered ,,,,,,,,,,,is it also posible that lifters wont work with full efficiency when we have a weak engine oil pump ,,,,,once i have heared a cultus sounds like a diesel engine,,,,,,,,,,and i have also notice a lifter sound when i first startup the engine i was prepared for that so i leave the engine idle for few min , i guess it wont take long till i vanish,,,,,,,,,,,,and i guess mechanic wont care for which bore its comming , they simply thorw all the things in a bucket,,,,,,,,,for measure the height they have custom made tool ,,,,,,,i never see such tool before ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The correct measurement tool for valve height is a vernier caliper and a straight edge - just like the manual tells you. I have seen the stupid tool the lathe guys use, they measure the valve height from the base of the head which is foolish, the base of the head where the valve guide is is not perfectly finished and can have errors upto 1mm. Adjusting the valves as such will result in a hot running head or even increased fuel consumption. The top edge of the head has a perfectly flat machined finish which can be used as a reference point as the total height of the cylinder head remains uniform throughout the production run.

If a mechanic does not care about the lifter to bore position - the lifters and cam will be ground flat within a few weeks. Which means you need to buy a BRAND NEW CAM AND ALL 6 LIFTERS. Or at least a matched set.

The lifters take only a small amount of oil hence if the oil pump is working and you have proper viscosity engine oil the lifters will pump themselves up. The pump must be completely dead to not pump the lifters at all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, the lathe worker have mixed all the lifters and there is no way to figure out which one came out of which hole. I asked them not fix it back as i am planning to give it thorough wash myself before assembly. they just did the valve grinding, guides and facing. they gave the springs, washers, locks and lifters etc all in one shopper back to me.

regarding the parts, i tried to go as far as my pocket allowed. I was saving on labour so why not utilize that in getting good parts in.

Piston: ART
    Rings: NPR
    Main/Bigend/thrust: thaio
    valves: fuji
    guides: kinsai
    water body: Aisin
    oil pump kit: fuji

I have misplaced my old ring compressor (to put rings/piston in bore) any idea where i can purchase a new one in lahore.

I am a bit confused on the hydraulic lifters working. will try to open one up to see how it ticks.

will definitely post pics, once the cleaning phase is complete and assembling is about to start.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good to see 3 gurus , xulfiqar , agoodfriend and non the less smijaz explaining things on one thread , gosh this is one unique learning treasure lecture .
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    Well, the lathe worker have mixed all the lifters and there is no way to figure out which one came out of which hole. I asked them not fix it back as i am planning to give it thorough wash myself before assembly. they just did the valve grinding, guides and facing. they gave the springs, washers, locks and lifters etc all in one shopper back to me.

regarding the parts, i tried to go as far as my pocket allowed. I was saving on labour so why not utilize that in getting good parts in.

Piston: ART
    Rings: NPR
    Main/Bigend/thrust: thaio
    valves: fuji
    guides: kinsai
    water body: Aisin
    oil pump kit: fuji

I have misplaced my old ring compressor (to put rings/piston in bore) any idea where i can purchase a new one in lahore.

I am a bit confused on the hydraulic lifters working. will try to open one up to see how it ticks.

will definitely post pics, once the cleaning phase is complete and assembling is about to start.

its not a good practice to mix up such parts and i know mechanic always do such blunders , you can wash them with carb spray , they are filled with out and design in such a way that oil wont come out if if you hold them vertically , like the water in old tyre , by locks you mean the valve step caters ,,,save them also becuase you cant find them spare and local made wont work ,,,,,its a total disaster for your engine if any of one carter fails ,,check the pic of ring compressor , i buy it many many years before , then one i have is not so easy to use ,,,,,,,,,,,,i have seen a program on discovery channel in which they assamble cars , they have different kind of compressor and i guess its made of plastic and very easy to use , any how this one also works but you need to lubricate it and then put the piston in it , and i am sure mechanic dont bother to do that,,,,,,,,,,,,,are you assambling all the engine on your own ?
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368184

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Transmission overhaulling, part 1 of 7

helo friends , here i prepare for transmission overhaulling , i am opening it becuase of a strange sound from transmission which looks like it comes from a throw out bearing but infect it is of transmission bearings malfunction , here i only show you how to open transmission , previosully i show you how to remove engine and transmission out from car , and later will show you how to assamble this transmission back , one thing i must mention that its not necessary to pull out all engine , you can remove just transmission while engine still sits in , but it seems more difficult than pulling out all engine , any how just check the pic ,
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367950 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367951 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367952 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367953 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367954 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367955 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367956 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367957 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367958 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367959 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367961 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367962 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367963 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367964 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367965

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Transmission overhaulling, part 2 of 7

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367966 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367967 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367968 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367969 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367970 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367971 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367972 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367973 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367976 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367977 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367980 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367981 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367982 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367983 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367984

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Transmission overhaulling, part 3 of 7

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367991 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367993 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367994 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367995 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -367996 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368024 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368025 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368026 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368027 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368028 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368036 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368037 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368040 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368041 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368042

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

User Tag List